HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greg Sherman & Co - Record as Colorado Avalanche GM (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 10:23 PM
BoxOfChocolates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I doubt Wyshynski has any sources but the more talk about Lacroix getting fired the better.
Marek was the one that said that people close to the Avs told him last week that there was gonna be a complete cleaning of management.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Meh. Yeah, McLeod played well late this season, but he got me once before a few years back - was it 15 goals? Whatever. He's a depth player, but provides exactly the same game every night, which is nice. But he's a depth player for life IMO, therefore not terribly significant in the grand scheme of things.

Cody on the PK and 2nd line isn't good. Cody on the 4th line doing his (positive) predictable thing, is good.
Yea, I mean I'm not saying he's a top sixer, or even really should be relied upon as a full time 3rd liner. I just mean he bleeds Avalanche colors like almost no one else. He'll never really get to that 15 goal performance, so that means he's not gonna be command a whole lot. I would love it if he became one of those Chris Neil/ Darren McCarty type grinders that spend their whole career with one team.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:30 PM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

They only way I see PL gone is if he thinks Sakic is ready to take over. He won't leave until then.

As for Sherman, yes he kept Sacco too long but I strongly believe in always giving a GM at least two coaches before he is fired. Sacco wasn't his hiring anyway.

I don't have a problem with the way he built the team so far except for the D. I think his mistake was jumping the gun on trading Liles while expecting one of Barrie/Elliott to be ready at the time.

I think with more offense from the D, which we will have next year with Jones, Barrie and potentially Elliott as well, and a coach with hopefully a very good system, our offense will be fine and we should be back in the playoffs.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:37 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Marek was the one that said that people close to the Avs told him last week that there was gonna be a complete cleaning of management.
Not even a week ago he said it's a given that EL will replace Sherman. I like Marek but he's just saying what his colleagues (I don't think he has ever said he heard it from people close to the Avs) think will happen. It's speculation, nothing more.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
As much as we can make fun of Oilers, MacTavish's end of season press conference was refreshing in it's transparency and honesty.

I realize that Avs bunker mentality serves them well in some regards and not having a hockey person as GM makes it even harder to have a confident voice to the public, but Avs need to mend fences with their fans. If they don't have some sort of plan for more openness when they are done with whatever house cleaning they're doing it will be a missed opportunity.

Avs seem to think if they never say anything, nothing can come back and haunt them. But it almost means that most of what they say have no value and the deafening silence has negative value.

They haven't even commented publicly about firing the coach.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:28 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
As much as we can make fun of Oilers, MacTavish's end of season press conference was refreshing in it's transparency and honesty.

I realize that Avs bunker mentality serves them well in some regards and not having a hockey person as GM makes it even harder to have a confident voice to the public, but Avs need to mend fences with their fans. If they don't have some sort of plan for more openness when they are done with whatever house cleaning they're doing it will be a missed opportunity.

Avs seem to think if they never say anything, nothing can come back and haunt them. But it almost means that most of what they say have no value and the deafening silence has negative value.

They haven't even commented publicly about firing the coach.
Was this not enough for you!?

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=668118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sherman
The organization believes a change of leadership behind the bench is needed going forward, Joe has worked for this franchise for eight seasons and he is a dedicated and hard-working coach. We appreciate all he has done and wish him the best in the future.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
Old
05-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Elliotte Friedman's thoughts on the Avs front office situation:

Quote:
13. There is a lot of curiosity about the Colorado front office. As in: "What is going to happen there?" Greg Sherman remains the GM, but the overall situation probably comes down to Joe Sakic's decision. If Sakic does decide to oversee the operation, it is believed that Craig Billington, currently the team's Vice-President of Player Development, will have a larger role.
Quote:
14. If Sakic declines the offer (family reasons), what route do the Avalanche go? Is it still Sherman? Does Billington get the job anyway? Tough to say, because the organization is tough to read. If Colorado decides to look at external candidates, there could be a lot of interest. You're adding a number one pick to Matt Duchene, Gabriel Landeskog and Ryan O'Reilly (depending on what the team decides to do after his trade embargo is lifted).
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Old
05-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Heebs21*

So say Sherman doesn't make any moves. Do you think we would be in the playoffs next year? I do. I think we would have been damn close to making it in this year. The barrage of injuries hurt us this year which never helps but still, the way I see it, we would be a much more competetive team with a nice mix of gritty vets and two very nice young prospects in the farm if we had picked the same players.

Im not flaming but I really think Sherman's moves have made us worse.

- Keep our 1st (Filip Forsberg) and 2nd instead of trading for Varlamov

- Keep Craig Anderson

- Keep Daniel Winnik and TJ Galiardi

- Keep Chris Stewart, Kevin Shattenkirk and our 2nd (Ty Rattie)

- Keep JM Liles

Chris Stewart - Matt Duchene - PA Parenteau
Steve Downie - Ryan O'Reilly - Gabe Landeskog
TJ Galiardi - Paul Stastny - Daniel Winnik
Cody McLeod - John Mitchell - Patrick Bordeleau
Tomas Vincour

Kevin Shattenkirk - Matt Hunwick
Tyson Barrie - Jan Hejda
JM Liles - Ryan Wilson
Stephane Elliot

Craig Anderson
JS Giguere

Amnesty:

David Jones
Greg Zanon
Shane O'Brien

Milan Hejduk - Retired

I dont know guys but to me that looks like a pretty deadly lineup. Pretty much every one of Sherman's moves has flamed out. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

We are still probably one top pairing D-main away, but one thing is for sure, I highly doubt we are the worst team in the league.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
So say Sherman doesn't make any moves. Do you think we would be in the playoffs next year? I do. I think we would have been damn close to making it in this year. The barrage of injuries hurt us this year which never helps but still, the way I see it, we would be a much more competetive team with a nice mix of gritty vets and two very nice young prospects in the farm if we had picked the same players.

- Keep Craig Anderson

- Keep JM Liles

I dont know guys but to me that looks like a pretty deadly lineup. Pretty much every one of Sherman's moves has flamed out. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

We are still probably one top pairing D-main away, but one thing is for sure, I highly doubt we are the worst team in the league.
Then no Downie, no Winnik, no Hunwick, probably no Landeskog, and who knows beyond that. We have a core of Landeskog, Duchene, RoR, EJ, Jones(probably), Varly, and some nice prospects. Sherman has put the core in place for better or worse. Now we need the right management team to take us to the next level.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:59 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post

- Keep Craig Anderson

- Keep JM Liles
Hmm, some good points made all around.

But here are just some of my thoughts on this.

Quote:
There's no guarantee that we would have drafted Filip Forsberg, so we couldn't pencil him in on that slot. Varlamov has shown us that he has elite talent. He, along with quite a number of our players, had a poor year, but through about 15-20 games last year, Varlamov was one of, if not the only, reason why the Avs still were hovering at around .500...then I think that he just got too tired, too fatigued.

Quote:
- Keep Craig Anderson
A) Anderson flat out played terribly after getting the contract renewal offer from the Avalanche. There's no two ways about it. And B) There's no guarantee that Anderson WOULD have re-signed with us. If he had another season like the first half of the first season that he played with us, his demands may have priced him out of Colorado. But his play and seemingly bad attitude paved his way out of Colorado.

Quote:
They tried to keep Winnik, he wanted WAY too much money, as evidenced by the fact that even SJ didn't keep him. Galiardi I'm torn on. I miss him, but he's not a missing piece. He's a tweener. Not talented enough for the Top 6, but not physical enough for the Bottom 6...at least on a consistent basis. I will admit to not watching him since the trade, but I saw a lot of him while in Colorado

Quote:
We've learned Stewart may have caused some problems with Adam Foote, and while he had/has good friends on the team, we ALL saw/know that Stewart floated and looked highly uninterested when he wasn't scoring. Shattenkirk was hard to lose, but again, like Barrie and Elliott tend to have happen to them right now, he got pushed around an awful lot in his own Zone. He's a fantastic Offensive Defensemen, but we needed that tougher/edgier player. I know you don't like him, but he is a 1st Pairing Defenseman, Sacco wouldn't give him the minutes consistently, but when he did, he was someone who you could rely on in his own zone. Is he ever going to score as much as Shattenkirk? No, but I would much rather have a Defenseman who concentrates on Defense first, and EJ does that much better than Shattenkirk does.

And for Rattie, see what I wrote about Filip Forsberg.

Quote:
- Keep JM Liles
I heartily disagree on this one. I wish JM nothing but the best, but it was clearly time to move on, he was no longer in our plans, and the 2nd we got for him was then flipped for Varly.

Old
05-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Heebs21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Then no Downie, no Winnik, no Hunwick, probably no Landeskog, and who knows beyond that. We have a core of Landeskog, Duchene, RoR, EJ, Jones(probably), Varly, and some nice prospects. Sherman has put the core in place for better or worse. Now we need the right management team to take us to the next level.
EJ and Varly are far from core players.

You saying it over and over hoping that they will be wont make it come true.

Old
05-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Heebs21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Hmm, some good points made all around.

But here are just some of my thoughts on this.

There's no guarantee that we would have drafted Filip Forsberg, so we couldn't pencil him in on that slot. Varlamov has shown us that he has elite talent. He, along with quite a number of our players, had a poor year, but through about 15-20 games last year, Varlamov was one of, if not the only, reason why the Avs still were hovering at around .500...then I think that he just got too tired, too fatigued.
Valid points all around. But, Varlamov is not an elite goalie. Not even close. I hope he will be because we will need him. But as of now that trade is a bust.

Quote:
A) Anderson flat out played terribly after getting the contract renewal offer from the Avalanche. There's no two ways about it. And B) There's no guarantee that Anderson WOULD have re-signed with us. If he had another season like the first half of the first season that he played with us, his demands may have priced him out of Colorado. But his play and seemingly bad attitude paved his way out of Colorado.
There is a reason he wanted off this team. The fact is that Anderson is better than Varlamov and we gave him away for nothing.

Quote:
They tried to keep Winnik, he wanted WAY too much money, as evidenced by the fact that even SJ didn't keep him. Galiardi I'm torn on. I miss him, but he's not a missing piece. He's a tweener. Not talented enough for the Top 6, but not physical enough for the Bottom 6...at least on a consistent basis. I will admit to not watching him since the trade, but I saw a lot of him while in Colorado
Losing Winnik and Mclement is a reason why we are where we are. We should have paid Winnik.

Quote:
We've learned Stewart may have caused some problems with Adam Foote, and while he had/has good friends on the team, we ALL saw/know that Stewart floated and looked highly uninterested when he wasn't scoring. Shattenkirk was hard to lose, but again, like Barrie and Elliott tend to have happen to them right now, he got pushed around an awful lot in his own Zone. He's a fantastic Offensive Defensemen, but we needed that tougher/edgier player. I know you don't like him, but he is a 1st Pairing Defenseman, Sacco wouldn't give him the minutes consistently, but when he did, he was someone who you could rely on in his own zone. Is he ever going to score as much as Shattenkirk? No, but I would much rather have a Defenseman who concentrates on Defense first, and EJ does that much better than Shattenkirk does.
Defensive defenseman are a dime a dozen, Elite game changing offensive defencemen are not.

I see excuse after excuse about Stewart to try to justify that trade. The fact of the matter is that Stewart is an ELITE power forward and is a big reason St. Louis is where they are right now.

Quote:
And for Rattie, see what I wrote about Filip Forsberg.
Rattie or Forsberg or some other prospect. It doesn't really matter. The fact is we gave up premium picks for below average players.

Quote:
I heartily disagree on this one. I wish JM nothing but the best, but it was clearly time to move on, he was no longer in our plans, and the 2nd we got for him was then flipped for Varly.
Since I think Varlamov has a way to go as a #1 goalie then getting that 2nd to use for Varlamov doesn't do much for me. Liles would have helped us and would have been slightly better than having to play Shane O'Brien and Greg Zanon.

The fact is that Sherman took a talented roster and traded away some valuable pieces and got minimal pieces back. For that alone, he should not have a job anymore.

It is our job as fans to not be objective and we are allowed to criticize the players on this team. EJ and Varly are decent players but the players and prospects we gave up to get them are worlds better.

Old
05-04-2013, 04:02 AM
PAZ

If we undo all of Shermans moves, we wouldn't have got Landeskog. My guess would be Larsson/Hamilton. Let's still assume PAP + Mitchell signs with us. We wouldn't have got Rattie, we wouldn't have got the 32nd pick.

Jones - Stastny - Stewart
Mitchell - Duchene - PAP
Winnik - O'Reilly - Galiardi
Mcleod - Olver - Bordeleau

Shattenkirk - Hamilton
Hejda - Quincey
Wilson/O'Byrne - Liles
O'Brien
Barrie
Elliot

Anderson
Gigeure

Barrie + Elliot wouldn't have gotten a chance to play with us, both of them would most likely still be in LE. That defense would still be very prone to mistakes, and we still wouldn't have a top pairing. Hamilton has potential, but he isn't close to being a #1 defender atm. Shattenkirk would get more exposed as well. We probably wouldn't have signed Zanon, however Quincey has a 2 x 3.75m contract, Anderson would've costed us more than his current contract with the Sens, and Winnik would be getting paid in the 3x3 range.

vs

Mitchell - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Duchene - PAP
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
McLeod - Olver - Bordeleau

X - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Elliot
O'Brien
Jones
Siemens

Varly
Gigeure

If we sign a vet like Scuderi this offseason, second lineup without thinking twice. Even if we don't, Jones still gives us huge potential on the backend.

Last edited by PAZ: 05-04-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old
05-04-2013, 04:44 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
If we undo all of Shermans moves, we wouldn't have got Landeskog. My guess would be Larsson/Hamilton. Let's still assume PAP + Mitchell signs with us. We wouldn't have got Rattie, we wouldn't have got the 32nd pick.

Jones - Stastny - Stewart
Mitchell - Duchene - PAP
Winnik - O'Reilly - Galiardi
Mcleod - Olver - Bordeleau

Shattenkirk - Hamilton
Hejda - Quincey
Wilson/O'Byrne - Liles
O'Brien
Barrie
Elliot

Anderson
Gigeure

Barrie + Elliot wouldn't have gotten a chance to play with us, both of them would most likely still be in LE. That defense would still be very prone to mistakes, and we still wouldn't have a top pairing. Hamilton has potential, but he isn't close to being a #1 defender atm. Shattenkirk would get more exposed as well. We probably wouldn't have signed Zanon, however Quincey has a 2 x 3.75m contract, Anderson would've costed us more than his current contract with the Sens, and Winnik would be getting paid in the 3x3 range.

vs

Mitchell - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Duchene - PAP
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
McLeod - Olver - Bordeleau

X - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Elliot
O'Brien
Jones
Siemens

Varly
Gigeure

If we sign a vet like Scuderi this offseason, second lineup without thinking twice. Even if we don't, Jones still gives us huge potential on the backend.
Ugh. Who knows how the team would look without him. Way too many hypothetical assumptions for me. You have us signing PAP for example?
How on earth would you know that any other GM would have done the same? What about Wolski? What do we get for a "not-yet-washed-up" Hannan? Why do I see ROB/SOB or Mitchell on there? Where is Filip Forsberg?

For all it matters, we could have won the cup this year if another GM would have been in control... (I give it a 1 % chance but still..)

You can grade each and every of his moves. But to say that another GM would have done a better or worse job is baseless speculation IMO. Who knows?
Judge him by his moves and don't try to compare him with an Avs GM in an alternate universe please..

Because in that universe we probably traded Duchene to Columbus for Adam Foote

Old
05-04-2013, 05:12 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

It's ridiculous how often Filip Forsberg gets mentioned on this board. We have no idea if the Avs would have picked him. They probably wouldn't. And we probably wouldn't have picked #11th without Varlamov anyway, it most likely would have been a few slots higher.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:44 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Heebs, I took your quote and broke it down into individual responses below.

Quote:
Valid points all around. But, Varlamov is not an elite goalie. Not even close. I hope he will be because we will need him. But as of now that trade is a bust.
I didn't say that he was an Elite Goalie, I said that he has elite talent, and he does.

Quote:
There is a reason he wanted off this team. The fact is that Anderson is better than Varlamov and we gave him away for nothing.
The "reason he wanted off this team" was that he got a contract offer that he didn't like, and then pouted about it. The Avs offered 2 years 7.5 million, a very fair offer. Here's a link that confirms the contract offerhttp://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011...h-ottawa/6703/

Quote:
Losing Winnik and Mclement is a reason why we are where we are. We should have paid Winnik.
McClemment wanted to go home, the Avs made serious attempts to re-sign him, and even offered him more than what he took to go to Toronto. I can't blame a guy for wanting to go home, and I can't blame Sherman for not trying, because he did try.

Winnik, again, wanted way too much money for a 3rd/4th line player. He is, for all of the skills he does have as a hockey player, an offensive black hole. He's a good PKer, yes, but he was wanting 2.5-3m a year, and that was just too much

Quote:
Defensive defenseman are a dime a dozen, Elite game changing offensive defencemen are not.
Yes, Shattenkirk is a good offensive defenseman, but I think you're labeling him an "elite game changing" player a bit early. He scored at a 39 point pace last year, meanwhile our own Tyson Barrie scored at a 33 point pace this year. Since the separation is so small, I guess Tyson is an elite game changing offensive defenseman? (For the record, I don't believe that

Quote:
I see excuse after excuse about Stewart to try to justify that trade. The fact of the matter is that Stewart is an ELITE power forward and is a big reason St. Louis is where they are right now.
It's not an excuse when it's true. Stewart is a lazy floater. He's talented yes, but lazy. When he's NOT scoring, he's not doing anything else. And last year we saw that. He was terrible for the Blues, but this year, it's a contract year, so yeah, he's going to play hard, once he gets his contract he'll play like he did last year. And again with the "Elite" tag. Elite players know how to play a full game. Forsberg was an Elite player, Sakic, Bourque, Crosby, etc. THOSE are elite players.

Quote:
Rattie or Forsberg or some other prospect. It doesn't really matter. The fact is we gave up premium picks for below average players.
Fair point, but we don't know where we would have picked if we didn't acquire Varlamov. The way Anderson had been playing for us in his last year, we may have been picking closer to the Top of the draft.

Since I think Varlamov has a way to go as a #1 goalie then getting that 2nd to use for Varlamov doesn't do much for me. Liles would have helped us and would have been slightly better than having to play Shane O'Brien and Greg Zanon.

Quote:
The fact is that Sherman took a talented roster and traded away some valuable pieces and got minimal pieces back. For that alone, he should not have a job anymore.
This where be where you and I disagree largest. Sherman took a team that didn't have a clear direction, and acquired players with not only skill, but character as well. I myself would rather have EJ, Varlamov, Downie, McGinn and Landeskog (I put him there because we don't know where we would have finished that year if we kept Anderson)

Quote:
It is our job as fans to not be objective and we are allowed to criticize the players on this team. EJ and Varly are decent players but the players and prospects we gave up to get them are worlds better
It's fine to be criticize and have debates, I don't have a problem with that. But I think you're wrong on EJ and Varlamov. The players/picks that we gave up are not "Worlds Better" than they are, not even close in my opinion.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

I still have hope for Varly. He's shown he can be incredible when he has confidence, and I think the peak he's shown at times for us and for Russia (and his breakout playoffs in Washington) is elite level goaltending. And a much higher relative level of play at his best than a guy like EJ has shown at his own best. I think if we put a better team in front of him and a system committed to team defense then he'll be just fine. Anderson is better right now but Anderson broke out as a 28/29 year old. Varly has plenty of time to continue developing with our core.

EJ I'm a lot more concerned about, but I've beaten that topic to death and won't discuss it further until we get a chance to reevaluate him next year. I don't personally see him as a core player anymore either until he proves otherwise, but I'll give him that chance for a little longer. Regardless, at 3.75 he's a great value for a 2/3 defender.

I do think the sum of Sherman's moves have delayed the rebuild. And it may be delayed further depending what happens with our center situation. However I think most rebuilds feature a fair number of mistakes and we do have some good pieces to go forward with, but it all depends on getting a management team and coaching group to get things moving in the right direction.

My guess is we won't make a lot of personnel moves this summer and will probably improve but still pick top 10 next year. But I'm most eager to see what happens with front office and coaching. If its more nepotism, then the rebuild is probably going to continue to go nowhere.

Old
05-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I still have hope for Varly. He's shown he can be incredible when he has confidence, and I think the peak he's shown at times for us and for Russia (and his breakout playoffs in Washington) is elite level goaltending.
I'd hope people still have hope for Varly... this season he was pretty much our only line of defense. We were bottom five in offense and defense and the Avs were pretty much relying exclusively on goaltending to steal games for most of their wins. There's no a goaltender in existence that would have made a winner out of this crappy team this season, and Anderson would have given up far earlier.

Old
05-05-2013, 06:09 AM
Teuras
Registered offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
I'd hope people still have hope for Varly... this season he was pretty much our only line of defense. We were bottom five in offense and defense and the Avs were pretty much relying exclusively on goaltending to steal games for most of their wins. There's no a goaltender in existence that would have made a winner out of this crappy team this season, and Anderson would have given up far earlier.
I agree. But I'm glad nobody talks about Varly when we discuss the problems in our roster

Old
05-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Heebs21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuras View Post
I agree. But I'm glad nobody talks about Varly when we discuss the problems in our roster
Varlamov was just as much of a problem for this teams struggles as anyone else.

35 games, 3.02 GAA, 11 wins, 21 losses, 3 ties, 3 shutouts, 0.903 SV%

These are not elite numbers. They are borderline backup numbers.

Im not holding my breath when it comes to this guy being a true #1 goalie who can carry his team on his back for a playoff run. Just like I wont hold my breath when it comes to EJ being anymore than an average #2 or #3 D-man.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:03 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

Varly started the season on fire. He was the last guy on the roster to give up. When the team in front of you is that bad, what do you want him to do? It wasn't until the last 10-15 games that he was bad.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:33 PM
shadow1

Goaltending is becoming the Tight End of hockey - it should be the final piece to the puzzle.

Varlamov was dreadful this season, and I'd like to see more of a split between he and JS Giguere next year, but the Avs would be crazy to trade him. He's more athletic than most goaltenders, which is honestly justification enough to keep him around in today's tandem-heavy NHL.

Old
05-10-2013, 03:13 PM
iceberg

Gotta give credit to Sherman, he somehow managed to keep his job despite his terrible tenure as a GM. Granted he is now Sakic's secretary, but he managed to keep his salary.

Old
05-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
Gotta give credit to Sherman, he somehow managed to keep his job despite his terrible tenure as a GM. Granted he is now Sakic's secretary, but he managed to keep his salary.
Yea kind of funny that a smart, extremely confident new President of the team in Josh Kroenke, who was very driven to make changes to turn this team around, kept Greg Sherman despite his "terrible" tenure, but let PL go. Yea that shouldn't tell you anything.

Old
05-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I'm okay with this so long as Lacroix's influence has truly been minimized.

Closed Thread