HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Bingo v Adirondack

Old
03-15-2013, 07:27 PM
mianjo

vCash: 500
Bingo v Adirondack

Bingo trail 2-1 in 2nd

1. BNG Da Costa, (11) (Lebda, Prince), 10:07 (PP)
1. ADK Roe, (6) (McGinn, Manning), 18:46 (PP)
1. ADK Mangene, (5) (Bordson, Manning), 19:00 (PP)

mianjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:14 PM
mianjo

still 2-1 after 2

Old
03-15-2013, 08:40 PM
OD99

Stone was sent back down? That one got right by me...I guess they did it yesterday?

OD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:51 PM
mianjo

Sdao is playing

Bingo down 3-2

3. BNG Schneider, (9) (New), 14:02

Old
03-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Sensatauro

Calling a 3-2 bingo win. With goals from Schneider and Prince.

Let's get er done boys!

Sensatauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:55 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Does Cole Schneider have an NHL future?

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:03 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Does Cole Schneider have an NHL future?
he has some good tools the only question is whether or not they are nhl caliber. i say he's not as good as hoffman, so take that as you will

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
he has some good tools the only question is whether or not they are nhl caliber. i say he's not as good as hoffman, so take that as you will
I guess not then. I'm doubting Hoffman lately, don't think he'll make it

Old
03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
I guess not then. I'm doubting Hoffman lately, don't think he'll make it
Because you've seen him play lately?

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:08 PM
mianjo

Bingo lose 3-2

Old
03-15-2013, 09:10 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
Because you've seen him play lately?
because at his age he needs better AHL numbers if he wants to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. That's not gonna happen for him, and it's not like he's extremely well suited for the bottom 6.

Not impossible, I just don't like his chances.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
because at his age he needs better AHL numbers if he wants to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. That's not gonna happen for him, and it's not like he's extremely well suited for the bottom 6.

Not impossible, I just don't like his chances.
You do realize that he's been injured for quite some time now, right? And injured players don't typically put up points from the press box.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:17 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
You do realize that he's been injured for quite some time now, right? And injured players don't typically put up points from the press box.
I'm looking at his points per game

Old
03-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
so 24 pts in 38 games not going to do it huh. 21 goals in 74 games for a gawd awful team not going to do it huh. The guy was on track to be the first forward called up this year when he got injured. Mike Hoffman's future is in the NHL.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:26 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
so 24 pts in 38 games not going to do it huh. 21 goals in 74 games for a gawd awful team not going to do it huh. The guy was on track to be the first forward called up this year when he got injured. Mike Hoffman's future is in the NHL.
Maybe, but not as a top 6 forward on a good team. imo. Hopefully he can adapt his game to play in the bottom 6

Old
03-15-2013, 09:26 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
And not the games it seems

newerabegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:34 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
And not the games it seems
Very very few players players who produce as little as Hoffman at that age ever go on to become top 6 forward. And those that do are of the power forward variety.

I've seen Hoffman... there's some skill there. But if can't use it to produce, then he has a limited NHL future.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Game a snooze fest, just like Adirondack plays..we weren't sharp at all for the 2nd game in a row..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:52 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Very very few players players who produce as little as Hoffman at that age ever go on to become top 6 forward. And those that do are of the power forward variety.

I've seen Hoffman... there's some skill there. But if can't use it to produce, then he has a limited NHL future.
He led a horrible team in points last year at 21. He most likely wouldve led the team this year as well.

Usually the junior superstars bust because they are too slow and soft, or they are too small and soft.

Hoffman isn't soft, he is willing to go into the corners, and hes an excellent skater. Hes not even small at 6"0"-6"1'.

He also isn't a liability defensively, though hes not a plus defensive guy really. He uses his speed, and a good stick to play defense. I think he could make a hybrid scoring 3rd line, which we will have the depth to do in the not so distant future.

He has probably a top 5 shot in our organization as well. His wrister is hard as hell, just not too accurate.

I personally think he gritty enough, fast enough, and skilled enough to make the show.

Hell Condra is on the team. Erik is obviously a better defensive guy, but Hoffman is much more talented on the other side even if the numbers dont show it.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:59 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
He led a horrible team in points last year at 21. He most likely wouldve led the team this year as well.

Usually the junior superstars bust because they are too slow and soft, or they are too small and soft.

Hoffman isn't soft, he is willing to go into the corners, and hes an excellent skater. Hes not even small at 6"0"-6"1'.

He also isn't a liability defensively, though hes not a plus defensive guy really. He uses his speed, and a good stick to play defense. I think he could make a hybrid scoring 3rd line, which we will have the depth to do in the not so distant future.

He has probably a top 5 shot in our organization as well. His wrister is hard as hell, just not too accurate.

I personally think he gritty enough, fast enough, and skilled enough to make the show.

Hell Condra is on the team. Erik is obviously a better defensive guy, but Hoffman is much more talented on the other side even if the numbers dont show it.
He's not. Maybe in puck skills and skating, but Condra just gets it. Condra isn't even that good in the defensive zone. He plays high in the D zone and low in the offensive zone. Condra is really good in the neutral zone and at hemming the opposition in their own zone. He's on people right away, no time and space, because of his hockey sense.

Hoffman isn't like Condra in those ways.

He's a scoring prospect that isn't scoring that much. Look at the Sens bottom 6. They scored just as much or more than Hoffman in the AHL, but they're true bottom 6 players.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:21 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
I can't take anything Mak says seriously.

Hoffman has been underperforming but even then he has easily been a top 3 forward on the team, that speaks volumes of his talent. He is well polished and very strong in almost all facets of the game. All left is to hone his skills to get him accustomed to the NHL/prone game.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:37 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I can't take anything Mak says seriously.

Hoffman has been underperforming but even then he has easily been a top 3 forward on the team, that speaks volumes of his talent. He is well polished and very strong in almost all facets of the game. All left is to hone his skills to get him accustomed to the NHL/prone game.

Yeah Hoffman sure needs to hone his skills at the prone game (seriously don't even know what you're trying to say)

Hoffman is producing less than Da Costa, and DC is far from being considered a future top 6 forward. Hoffman is always low on the prospects list... if he had a good chance at top 6 he should be a top 5 prospect in the org easily. At this point Hoffman is a long shot. Admit it guys.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:47 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:

Yeah Hoffman sure needs to hone his skills at the prone game (seriously don't even know what you're trying to say)

Hoffman is producing less than Da Costa, and DC is far from being considered a future top 6 forward. Hoffman is always low on the prospects list... if he had a good chance at top 6 he should be a top 5 prospect in the org easily. At this point Hoffman is a long shot. Admit it guys.
Lol, I said pro and I unno where "ne" came in. He is producing less but as I said underperforming. Last year he was best player on the team. Even when Hoffman isn't performing he is playing key role in other areas of the game.

I don't doubt Hoffman can establish himself as a bottom 6 type of energy forward or scorer if he can't be a top 6. With that being said, you are giving up on a guy with great pedigree way too easily. Wiercioch fell off the map last year compared to this year. If Hoffman was to follow same progression he'd be an NHL all-star next year.

To everyone their own, plus. You haven't watched him. Only thing that frustrated me was his lack of anticipation but towards the progression of the season he was stringing together a fine amount of points. In 10 straight and so on.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:52 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:

this is where you're going to run into some arguments. people that consistently watch the bingo games feel that he has a good chance of being a top six'er.

personally, i think hoffman will be an nhl'er some day, i just doubt it'll be with us (or at least he'll play a bit here then end up moving on). i think hoffman is a looooooooooong shot first liner, unlikely top second liner (michalek production), and a very safe offensive third liner/tweener/guy that fits onto the second line and you don't mind there (40 + points).

he's talented in my opinion

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:54 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Lol, I said pro and I unno where "ne" came in. He is producing less but as I said underperforming. Last year he was best player on the team. Even when Hoffman isn't performing he is playing key role in other areas of the game.

I don't doubt Hoffman can establish himself as a bottom 6 type of energy forward or scorer if he can't be a top 6. With that being said, you are giving up on a guy with great pedigree way too easily. Wiercioch fell off the map last year compared to this year. If Hoffman was to follow same progression he'd be an NHL all-star next year.

To everyone their own, plus. You haven't watched him. Only thing that frustrated me was his lack of anticipation but towards the progression of the season he was stringing together a fine amount of points. In 10 straight and so on.
Well I'm not giving up on him.. if he was RFA I'd give him a contract. But to expect more than 40 points out of him in an NHL season is a stretch. If he does, it's gravy but I'm not sitting here expecting it.

I think he ''could'' be a bottom 6 player. But the Sens probably have better options for that role. NHL skating and shot don't always = NHL player.