HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The West is Just.... Wow

Old
03-16-2013, 01:44 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Eastern fans dont know the west because no offence most games go beyond bed time for anyone with work or school whereas western fans see all your games after work before ours start.

Watching east is 1000000000 times more exciting...barely any defensive system play, not as good goalies, way more skating, way more end to end action. Seems like the goals per game is higher, more likely to be a 3-2 win in the east versus the 2-1 of the west.

Granted I have no stats to back this up but just from watching its what it seems like to me. When eastern teams come to Rexall or Oilers go out east the games are always so entertaining even if my team loses where an Oiler win versus 1 of the dozen out of 15 big heavy forechecking defensive first teams can put you sleep better then medication even if your team is doing good
That's hockey, though. Forechecking, sound defensive play, etcetera.

jBuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Islanderfan17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post

You cheer for a team, not a flippin conference.
This is how I feel, why do people care? It's like nationalism in the NHL, just doesn't make any ounce of sense to me.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:05 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
This is how I feel, why do people care? It's like nationalism in the NHL, just doesn't make any ounce of sense to me.
Because you watch hockey in the East, where teams actually win an lose. In the West we only know what team is playing by the color they wear.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote