HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Carolina//Calgary -- Blockbuster

Old
03-13-2013, 02:53 AM
Carolinas Identity*
#GoPERDS #win

vCash: 50
Carolina//Calgary -- Blockbuster

Something we were talking about on the 'Canes board

Bobby Sanguinetti
Jamie McBain
Zac Dalpe
2013 1st round pick
2014 1st (conditional on Iggy resigning, otherwise a 2nd)

Jarome Iginla
Mark Giordano

Flames (last place in the West) dump 11.02m of salary in two players aged 35 and 29 and gain two NHL defenceman, both 25 and making a combined 2.5m, Carolina's best prospect and two picks.

Hurricanes (6th in the entire league) add a crazy amount of depth in an effort for a cup run.

Tlusty//Eric//Semin
Skinner//Jordan//Iginla
Jokinen//Nash//Ruutu
Wallace//Brent//LaRose
Westgarth

Gleason//Faulk
Giordano//Pitkänen
Harrison//Corvo

Ward
Ellis
Peters

Carolinas Identity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
No way from Calgary. Giordano is worth mcbain+1st than that leaves sanguentti,Dalpe,and a conditional pick for iggy which I am not ok with because A) sanguinetti is not very good and really has no value B) I personally don't like Dalpe as a prospect and don't see him becoming much, would rather a prospect with a higher ceiling in exchange for iggy.

Change sanguinetti to tlusty and I'd consider it.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Peter Tosh

I still have a hard time imagening future Hall of Famer Iginla would waive his NMC for a team like Carolina. Canes are fourth in wins, and fourth in goal differential just in the east. If Iginla wants a cup, he will probably want to get traded to a more likely candidate (Pit, Bos, Chi, LA, Ana)

Peter Tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:42 AM
Roboturner913
Ask clown a question

Sanguinetti has actually performed very well this year, so has McBain, but I could understand wanting to get more. Dalpe is a big question, he could be a very good second liner in the near future. Or he could be hot garbage. It's hard to tell which one.

I cannot believe the Canes would entertain the idea of trading Tlusty at this point. Their realistic bargaining chips in a deadline deal are probably McBain, Sanguinetti, LaRose, Ryan Murphy and Victor Rask.

Giordano for McBain+1st (it would be a relatively low 1st) seems fair on its own. With Ruutu due back any day now, the Canes definitely need a Giordano more than than they need an Iginla.

Last edited by Roboturner913: 03-13-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:52 AM
Roboturner913
Ask clown a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tosh View Post
I still have a hard time imagening future Hall of Famer Iginla would waive his NMC for a team like Carolina. Canes are fourth in wins, and fourth in goal differential just in the east.
Assuming you are talking only about the quality of team and not some dumb southeast-bashing thing....

If not for a crazy ridiculous rash of injures that left them fielding half of a Charlotte Checkers lineup for 6 games, they would probably be something like 17-7 or 18-6 instead of 15-9, and that's being extremely conservative (if they played .500 hockey in that stretch). They are a very good team with three legit forward lines and a solid, deep group of defensemen. Not dissimiliar from the 05-06 team, but younger. I could see Iginla getting excited at the prospect of playing on a team like that.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:11 AM
Peter Tosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
Assuming you are talking only about the quality of team and not some dumb southeast-bashing thing.....
I believe that a teams i the southeast always have a disadvantage in attracting players of his caliber. Small markets, less attendance etc. Being a rental with a NMC is all about picking the teams with the best chances to win. If a SE team would want Iginla, they would probably have to be a cup front runner with much better chances than CAR. A mid table SE team is not a likely destination for Iginla, IMO.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/...nla-091226.jpg

Peter Tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:23 AM
garnetpalmetto
Global Moderator

Quote:
I believe that a teams i the southeast always have a disadvantage in attracting players of his caliber. Small markets, less attendance etc. Being a rental with a NMC is all about picking the teams with the best chances to win. If a SE team would want Iginla, they would probably have to be a cup front runner with much better chances than CAR. A mid table SE team is not a likely destination for Iginla, IMO.

Our attendance has been quite good to this point in time, thanks. Just about every player who has come here has loved the area with many choosing to settle down here and have been wowed by a fanbase that simultaneously gives them privacy to lead their own lives, but also adores them (case in point - saw Eric Staal at a grocery store once. It was clear people knew who he was, but left him in peace to shop with his son rather than clamber all over him for autographs in the dairy case). Beyond that, if the '05-'06 team could attract future hall of famer Mark Recchi and Doug Weight, what would Iginla's hang-up be?

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

Quote:

Yeah, that image is nice and all...until you remember that Eric Staal was the other winger on that line...

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:30 AM
SaintMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Something we were talking about on the 'Canes board

Bobby Sanguinetti
Jamie McBain
Zac Dalpe
2013 1st round pick
2014 1st (conditional on Iggy resigning, otherwise a 2nd)

Flames (last place in the West) dump 11.02m of salary in two players aged 35 and 29 and gain two NHL defenceman, both 25 and making a combined 2.5m, Carolina's best prospect and two picks.
I like McBain and a first even conditional (carolina picks the year/ advances a round) for Gior

Instead of your best prospect would scrubs like Murphy or Rask potentially be in play for Iginla?

What about Nash instead of a 2nd Dman?

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:04 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 1020
I'm not sure Iginla really fits the roster structure here. The line of Tlusty-Staal-Semin is one of the best in the league right now and I can't see it being broken up. So Iginla would be on the second line with Skinner and Jordan Staal. That's an awkward combination of skill sets.

I think the acquisition of Semin took us out of the race for any top-line RWs.

Last edited by tarheelhockey: 03-13-2013 at 10:27 AM.
tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
stoff

I thought Gio has been really struggling this year? Is he really worth the McBain and a 1st round pick?

And i gotta agree that i don't really see how Iginla fits into the teams top 6 at this point.

stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:51 AM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
I don't think Iggy goes to Carolina but I was thinking of a Gio to Carolina trade the other day. As good as the Mcbain and a 1st sounds I think Calgary should be looking for a young gritty D man in return. How about something like Gio for:

Nash
Biega
1st 2013

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:59 AM
TheHudlinator

Swap Sanguinetti with Rask and I would do it
Dalpe,Rask,conditional 1st for Iggy and McBain + 1st for Gio

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:00 AM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I'm not sure Iginla really fits the roster structure here. The line of Tlusty-Staal-Semin is one of the best in the league right now and I can't see it being broken up. So Iginla would be on the second line with Skinner and Jordan Staal. That's an awkward combination of skill sets.

I think the acquisition of Semin took us out of the race for any top-line RWs.
100% agree. A player addition for the second line with Skinner and J.Staal needs to be a playmaker. Someone like Hemsky would work a lot better with that line over Iginla.

Also, as good as he is, Gio is simply not worth McBain+1st.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
bleedgreen

I seriously don't want iginla. Go with what we've got, try to find a way to keep semin.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Lazar Beams
PEW PEW PEW

vCash: 200
I came here expecting to see a deal with Kiprusoff going to Carolina. Isn't Ward done for the season (or most of it)?

I know, you see the $5.83 million cap hit and think I'm off my rocker. Well a compliance buyout in the summer will cost exactly $1.5 million - being the amount left owed to him for next season.

Something around Giordano & Kipper might be more useful for Carolina at this point.

Lazar Beams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:43 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I came here expecting to see a deal with Kiprusoff going to Carolina. Isn't Ward done for the season (or most of it)?

I know, you see the $5.83 million cap hit and think I'm off my rocker. Well a compliance buyout in the summer will cost exactly $1.5 million - being the amount left owed to him for next season.

Something around Giordano & Kipper might be more useful for Carolina at this point.
Why would they want Kipper, Ellis has been great so far and Peters also looks great, while its really they have been very good.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Roboturner913
Ask clown a question

Quote:

Should have known this type of ignorance would surface. But yeah, I'm sure you're right, an established, respected high-performing vet would never go to Carolina and flourish. Unless you're talking about someone like Ron Francis, or Rod Brind'Amour, or Doug Weight, or Mark Recchi, or Glen Wesley...

But it doesn't matter because the Canes really don't need your precious Jerome. They already have many good forwards, and none of them are a zillion and one years old.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
Should have known this type of ignorance would surface. But yeah, I'm sure you're right, an established, respected high-performing vet would never go to Carolina and flourish. Unless you're talking about someone like Ron Francis, or Rod Brind'Amour, or Doug Weight, or Mark Recchi, or Glen Wesley...

But it doesn't matter because the Canes really don't need your precious Jerome. They already have many good forwards, and none of them are a zillion and one years old.
Talks about ignorance

Spells Jarome wrong.

Fails to realize that quoted post isn't even from a Flames fan.

Bravo.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Lazar Beams
PEW PEW PEW

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Why would they want Kipper, Ellis has been great so far and Peters also looks great, while its really they have been very good.
Admittedly, I've only seen him play now and then - the one I saw about a month ago, he didn't look too good (Philly?) - but I had a look at his stats, seems to be okay now.

So... depth?

Lazar Beams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:07 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Admittedly, I've only seen him play now and then - the one I saw about a month ago, he didn't look too good (Philly?) - but I had a look at his stats, seems to be okay now.

So... depth?
Doesn't make much sense to me but I'm not a Canes fan.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Roboturner913
Ask clown a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Talks about ignorance

Spells Jarome wrong.
Did it on purpose, you know, it's called being snarky. Belittling in turn.

Flames fan or not a Flames fan, it doesn't change the context at all.

Bravo on you too, sir.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I don't think Iggy goes to Carolina but I was thinking of a Gio to Carolina trade the other day. As good as the Mcbain and a 1st sounds I think Calgary should be looking for a young gritty D man in return. How about something like Gio for:

Nash
Biega
1st 2013
We simply aren't in a position to trade Nash. Not because he's a super-valuable trade piece, but we simply need to have him in that 3C spot for lack of another viable option there. Jokinen has been horrible in that role and after Nash, we're plugging 4th liners and AHL'ers into a top-9 spot.

Quote:
Most of it, yes, but the operating assumption at this point is that we're going to make the playoffs with average goaltending, and get Ward back healthy for a postseason run. A bit of a gamble, but acquiring a guy like Kiprusoff would be a bigger gamble in terms of what we give up to get him. The odds favor just letting Ward heal up and expecting Ellis/Peters to win the games they're supposed to win.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:38 PM
wallym

In what world is Gio worth McCain and a first? His name comes up from time to time, but I'm not seeing the value.

wallym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:44 PM
BCard86

All of our bad players for your good player. That's what it sounds like to me.

BCard86 is offline   Reply With Quote