HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL, want to sign Slava Voynov in offseason

Old
03-14-2013, 01:41 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL, want to sign Slava Voynov in offseason

Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL, want to sign Slava Voynov in offseason according to russian media.

Any idea?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:45 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
good for voynov. This should give him the leverage he needs to get a solid 3M+ RFA deal. I still think he stays in LA, but now he has leverage.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:47 AM
Chris43

I don't see a guy who came over at 18, played 5 years in the AHL, then instead of returning to Russia during the lockout, rejoined the AHL before going back to the NHL at the lockouts end signing a deal in Russia when he is playing so well in the NHL.

Chris43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:48 AM
DrDangles

Great news for Voynov, bad news for LA.

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Garl

The idea is that Voynov had a long and hard development curve, played in AHL for a long time to polish his game to make it to NHL. Now it would be rather strange to go back when he finally found his place in NHL.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:49 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Voynov played in Manchester during the lockout instead of going to the KHL.

Would be heartbreaking if he left, but he seems committed to staying in the NHL.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:50 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris43 View Post
I don't see a guy who came over at 18, played 5 years in the AHL, then instead of returning to Russia during the lockout, rejoined the AHL before going back to the NHL at the lockouts end signing a deal in Russia when he is playing so well in the NHL.
Yep, pretty much.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:51 AM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Big difference in a team wanting to sign a player and a player signing. This will give him some negotiating points though.

snizzbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:52 AM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris43 View Post
This, story makes absolutely no sense. He would have played in the KHL during the lockout if he had any of intention going back.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:56 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
This, story makes absolutely no sense. He would have played in the KHL during the lockout if he had any of intention going back.
he could not, no permission of LA. Big different if he wated to play KHL during lockout and if LA agreed. The same different if Traktor want to sing him and if want. I would not use lockout as argument here.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Oh those silly Russian news reports. Hey remember when Voynov was supposed to head to the KHL during the lockout but instead opted to stay in North America and play in the AHL? The Kings will lock him up. No Voynov for you.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Zine

If I remember right, Voynov was in contact with Traktor to play KHL during the lockout but then L.A. assigned him to the AHL. He was legally prohibited from playing in the KHL.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:13 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
If I remember right, Voynov was in contact with Traktor to play KHL during the lockout but then L.A. assigned him to the AHL. He was legally prohibited from playing in the KHL.
yes, but someone does not understand it, or does not want to

Old
03-14-2013, 02:15 AM
caley

To offer a counter-point to the "he toiled in the AHL and made the NHL on his terms, why would he return to Russia?" argument, I give you Alexander Radulov. Radulov came to North America at the same age as Voynov, became a full-time NHLer at about the same age (Both were 22 when they made the NHL and didn't go back down again), and Radulov went back to Russia at 22, while Voynov is now 23. So I wouldn't dismiss this out-of-hand, just yet.

It's unlikely that Voynov goes back to Russia, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

03-14-2013, 02:15 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I recall hearing that Russian players would be remaining in the KHL after the lockout and that Malkin was to sign a contract that would keep him there as well. What happened to those rumors? Must I really bring up all the silly things these Russian reports get wrong, every single time?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:19 AM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
He was legally prevented from playing in the KHL by LA.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:21 AM
VladNYC*

But yeah 5 years is a long time to toil in the AHL. If things aren't set in stone for him in LA for next year, I see him having a 75% chance of signing in the KHL.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:24 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
But yeah 5 years is a long time to toil in the AHL. If things aren't set in stone for him in LA for next year, I see him having a 75% chance of signing in the KHL.
He's completely set in stone, likely to get a contract anywhere between 3 and 4 million IMO.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:26 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I recall hearing that Russian players would be remaining in the KHL after the lockout and that Malkin was to sign a contract that would keep him there as well. What happened to those rumors? Must I really bring up all the silly things these Russian reports get wrong, every single time?
nobody said this crap about Malkin, even russian media. I recommend you to re-read them again. There was only written about players with no-NHL contract like Andrei Kostitsyn who is still in KHL, or Kulikov and OReilly who did not come back to NHL immidiatelly but played KHL and later terminated contracts.

Your russian insiders seems to be uninformed. This info about Voynov is another story. I dont say he will sign with Traktor, just that the source of info is reliable.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:27 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
He's completely set in stone, likely to get a contract anywhere between 3 and 4 million IMO.
only?

Old
03-14-2013, 02:30 AM
Shellz

Not going to happen. The kid didn't bust his ass to go to the KHL. He will get the contract he deserves from the Kings.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
only?
What do you mean only? He hasn't played a full season of NHL hockey yet. Just 79 games. That's the amount of money he deserves.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Zine

Voynov did say he really dislikes living in America.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:35 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
What do you mean only? He hasn't played a full season of NHL hockey yet. Just 79 games. That's the amount of money he deserves.
I would give him 6-8 mil, that is Traktor able to pay him if compared to NHL with high taxes

Old
03-14-2013, 02:37 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
he could not, no permission of LA. Big different if he wated to play KHL during lockout and if LA agreed. The same different if Traktor want to sing him and if want. I would not use lockout as argument here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Quote:
yes, but someone does not understand it, or does not want to
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
He was legally prevented from playing in the KHL by LA.
Quote:
“When he had to play in the minors during the lockout, he could’ve easily asked to go back [home to Russia to play in the KHL],” Lombardi added. “There was a lot of money [available to him]. He said no, and he played his bag off [with the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL, the Kings’ primary minor league affiliate].”
http://frozenroyalty.net/2013/03/02/...e-corps-video/

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote