HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Usage Chart

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  #1
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 50
Player Usage Chart

http://thecommittedindian.com/



Players with a red circle have been on the ice for more shots against, while blue circles have been out for more shots for. The larger the circle, the greater the number of shots for/against.

What we can take from this:
- Rosival is miles better than Brookbank
- The Shaw line is far from being a traditional 3rd line checking line, as anyone watching could tell you. They're the energy line and Q is protecting who play against IE: they dominate lines worse than their own, as we've seen
- Keith/Seabrook is effectively the 2nd pair. Oduya/Hammer play better competition and still are more effective in not allowing shots.
- Sharp/Kane obviously need a center to play with
- Saad-Toews-Hossa obviously kick ass
- Carcillo has actually been pretty worthless, hence the 4' he's down to

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:31 PM
  #2
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,106
vCash: 50
Also, Bolland gets the most difficult competition, so people should cut him some slack.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:33 PM
  #3
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 50
Yeah, essentially Bolland's line is still the checking line. Eventually, you get Sharp/Kane a center, make Kruger-Bolland-Frolik the shutdown line, and then you have the Shaw line as the best 4th in the game.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:34 PM
  #4
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,852
vCash: 500
Is this just 5 on 5? If not, it gets skewed by PK/PP

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
  #5
rick hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Also, Bolland gets the most difficult competition, so people should cut him some slack.

Bingo!!!!

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
  #6
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,883
vCash: 500
Kruger starts less than 35% of his shifts in the offensive zone. Still has 10 points and a positive shot differential.

Gotta love that.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
  #7
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Kruger starts less than 35% of his shifts in the offensive zone. Still has 10 points and a positive shot differential.

Gotta love that.
Yeah right, dudes a scrub. Too small, too weak, doesn't win face offs. Get out of here with your empirical evidence and watch him get steamrolled in the games, man.



zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:05 PM
  #8
Ace Rothstein
Aces High
 
Ace Rothstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,197
vCash: 500
Keith's and Seabrook's numbers are skewed since neither can hit the damn net on their own shots toward goal.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:11 PM
  #9
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Keith's and Seabrook's numbers are skewed since neither can hit the damn net on their own shots toward goal.
Assuming this is using Corsi or Fenwick, all shot attempts count, regardless of whether or not they reach the net.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:13 PM
  #10
Ace Rothstein
Aces High
 
Ace Rothstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Assuming this is using Corsi or Fenwick, all shot attempts count, regardless of whether or not they reach the net.
I was joking but that is very interesting.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:34 PM
  #11
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,948
vCash: 500
kinda funny about Keith and seabrook. play average competition with more than 50% offensive zone starts and still get dominated.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:40 PM
  #12
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Also, Bolland gets the most difficult competition, so people should cut him some slack.
He's still got a giant, fire red circle around his name.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
  #13
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
http://thecommittedindian.com/



Players with a red circle have been on the ice for more shots against, while blue circles have been out for more shots for. The larger the circle, the greater the number of shots for/against.

What we can take from this:
- Rosival is miles better than Brookbank
- The Shaw line is far from being a traditional 3rd line checking line, as anyone watching could tell you. They're the energy line and Q is protecting who play against IE: they dominate lines worse than their own, as we've seen
- Keith/Seabrook is effectively the 2nd pair. Oduya/Hammer play better competition and still are more effective in not allowing shots.
- Sharp/Kane obviously need a center to play with
- Saad-Toews-Hossa obviously kick ass
- Carcillo has actually been pretty worthless, hence the 4' he's down to
Kruger the same as last year, starts all his shifts in the defensive zone and still ends up with a positive CORSI.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
  #14
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,312
vCash: 500
what's it with left and right? Left own goal and right attacking zone? Does this mean Krüger almost ever starts his shifts in the Hawks zone?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:45 PM
  #15
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
He's still got a giant, fire red circle around his name.
and from the comments on committedindian he's played less than 2.5% of his total team ice time without kane/Sharp. which means either they made up abunch of shots when playing with kruger while bolland was out, and/or they are far more productive in the short time they get away from him each game. in either case, bolland is pretty clearly dragging sharp and kane down.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
  #16
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,312
vCash: 500
yep. Going by this Bolland is used wrong

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
  #17
KanetoToews2883
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
http://thecommittedindian.com/



Players with a red circle have been on the ice for more shots against, while blue circles have been out for more shots for. The larger the circle, the greater the number of shots for/against.

What we can take from this:
- Rosival is miles better than Brookbank
- The Shaw line is far from being a traditional 3rd line checking line, as anyone watching could tell you. They're the energy line and Q is protecting who play against IE: they dominate lines worse than their own, as we've seen
- Keith/Seabrook is effectively the 2nd pair. Oduya/Hammer play better competition and still are more effective in not allowing shots.
- Sharp/Kane obviously need a center to play with
- Saad-Toews-Hossa obviously kick ass
- Carcillo has actually been pretty worthless, hence the 4' he's down to
I post regularly at TCI,
But yes. Kane needs some linemates (and Bolland is the best we've got to play with him), Sharp's out now, so Kane needs 2 linemates (sorry Vik).

Carcillo blows

and the 3rd line is the most protected of lines.


Last edited by KanetoToews2883: 03-12-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Saw Sam updated the usage chart
KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
  #18
KanetoToews2883
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
what's it with left and right? Left own goal and right attacking zone? Does this mean Krüger almost ever starts his shifts in the Hawks zone?
Yes on the X axis is the # of Ozone starts the Y axis is QoC. Keep in mind that Kruger is on the PK a lot, ( I don't believe this is filtered for 5 on 5 play only although it might be..)

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
  #19
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,948
vCash: 500
pretty sure its es only

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
  #20
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Kruger starts less than 35% of his shifts in the offensive zone. Still has 10 points and a positive shot differential.

Gotta love that.
The guy has no offensive game, at all.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:12 PM
  #21
KanetoToews2883
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Kruger CORSI benefits from playing with Frolik who has never seen a 40 ft wrist shot thru traffic he didnt like

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
  #22
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,948
vCash: 500
can't get over how pathetic keith/seabrook look on that chart. totally mediocre in every way and getting totally outplayed by a pairing that makes half what they do.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
  #23
TwistedWrister90
Registered User
 
TwistedWrister90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
But Oduya blows! All those poor clearing attempts that lead to turnovers. And he's so soft along the boards. Bowman is an idiot.

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:08 PM
  #24
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
kinda funny about Keith and seabrook. play average competition with more than 50% offensive zone starts and still get dominated.
Keith and Seabrook are still the top D pair, but Leddy Hjalmarsson are the stay at home shutdown D pairing. The fact that you see Keith-Seabs in the middle says they're playing equally in all situations. They don't block as many shots as the 2nd pairing does and they pinch in offensively more.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:14 PM
  #25
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Keith and Seabrook are still the top D pair, but Leddy Hjalmarsson are the stay at home shutdown D pairing. The fact that you see Keith-Seabs in the middle says they're playing equally in all situations. They don't block as many shots as the 2nd pairing does and they pinch in offensively more.
and they get massively outshot on the ice. oduya/hammer are on the ice for more shots for than against despite starting in the defensive zone roughly 15% more than Keith and seabrook and playing against better competition

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.