HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Locker room problems (again)?

Old
03-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Flyguy_1ca

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Flyguy_1ca
Locker room problems (again)?

I was listening to hockey central on sportsnet and Doug MacLean said he heard 2 weeks ago that there is in fighting in the flyers dressing room again. Now, I'm not saying it's true, I'm just telling you what he said. Makes me wonder if another Carter/Richards witch hunt is in the works.

Flyguy_1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:47 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

They're losing and looking like crap while doing so, of course there are negative stories surrounding this team, OR maybe they're fighting over who is going to give Seth their number

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:51 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

It would be terrible if there was NOT trouble in the locker room given what has happened this season.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:53 PM
pughater

losing causes things to get ugly real quick.

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:50 PM
The Couturier Effect

I'm pretty sure if a team I was playing for blew a 3 goal lead against a hated rival, I'd be doing some yelling too.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:15 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

No bueno....

Quote:
“We’re three games below .500 halfway through the shortened season and if we want to make the playoffs, we’ve got to find a way to get some wins,” said Sean Couturier.

“There’s not any one to point fingers. On different nights, some guys show up and some don’t. It’s time for us to turn things around as a group and try to do the right things out there.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/flyers/flye...ut-loss-bruins

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:19 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

The "leadership group" of Timonen, Briere, Coburn, Hartnell, Giroux have probably been quite vocal, with at least 3 of those knowingly vocal with the media, whereas the rest of the locker room....the ones actually performing (Voracek, Simmonds, Schenns, Grossmann, RINALDO) are probably like...."yeah? wtf have you done for us lately?"

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:39 PM
BernieParent

It's Pronger.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:59 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
The media acts like sports teams never fight. Every team fights.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:13 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
The media acts like sports teams never fight. Every team fights.
Philly media members are pigs.

MRxBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

I hope Pronger is able to get his health in order at some point because I believe he'd make a great coach some day.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
The "leadership group" of Timonen, Briere, Coburn, Hartnell, Giroux have probably been quite vocal, with at least 3 of those knowingly vocal with the media, whereas the rest of the locker room....the ones actually performing (Voracek, Simmonds, Schenns, Grossmann, RINALDO) are probably like...."yeah? wtf have you done for us lately?"
Thank you for that. Briere and Timonen need to go - NOW. Coburn I still like, but they need to tank, trade everyone they can for more picks, sign some college UFAs, make a couple good drafts and start to build again for 2-3 years from now when today's kids are in their prime.

There was an argument for going for it a couple years ago, to take advantage of the vets: Pronger, Timonen, Briere as the core. Pronger's injury changed everything.

I hope they don't do something stupid to try to save this season. Mr. Snider got his lockout, he needs to be patient with the kids and realize his team isn't close right now.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:36 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
#blamerichards

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:41 AM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
sigh....

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:49 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Thank you for that. Briere and Timonen need to go - NOW. Coburn I still like, but they need to tank, trade everyone they can for more picks, sign some college UFAs, make a couple good drafts and start to build again for 2-3 years from now when today's kids are in their prime.

There was an argument for going for it a couple years ago, to take advantage of the vets: Pronger, Timonen, Briere as the core. Pronger's injury changed everything.

I hope they don't do something stupid to try to save this season. Mr. Snider got his lockout, he needs to be patient with the kids and realize his team isn't close right now.
I'm all for tanking this year, we have absolutely no chance at the playoffs and I'd pray that Snider and Homer can see that for themselves, or have someone on their payroll who can help them to see it. I'd liken this year to 2006-2007, but I hope we don't end up the effing brides-maid at the draft again this year .

That being said, I think we could be contending again as early as next year. The team is young, we're having some growing pains, some injury issues, some inconsistency; it's basically what 90% of fans expected last year, just happening one year later. But some of our young players (Voracek, Simmonds, B. Schenn, L. Schenn) have taken gigantic steps forward and that bodes very well for our future. If we buyout/get rid of Briere & Bryz, acquire a few more defensively responsible forwards for the 3rd/4th lines, maybe acquire a big free agent winger (Perry? Semin?),draft a great player w/ our 1st round pick (Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, etc.), and get a new coach with a new scheme, we could easily be right in the thick of things next year.

We're playing VERY far beneath ourselves this year, just like the 06-07 team underperformed expectations.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:25 AM
dookie88

There have been quite a few with Lavy around...

Although teams fight every season. This should not be a reason for the performance we are seeing right now.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Holy ****, this again?

Who will the media label as the sacrificial goat this time? The Schenns? Giroux? Bryzgalov?

03-10-2013, 03:26 AM
BillDineen

Dry Island Part II?

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:26 AM
FlyersFan61290

This really pisses me off. I wonder who they're gonna blame this time.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Clown Baby

I can't remember not having lockerroom problems with Panaccio, Gormley, and SanFilippo covering the team. Maybe they need to be sent packing as well. (It's not like they aren't totally expendable.)

#tradepassesforpucks

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Mosetter27

It was boosh and leighton arguing... theres been tons of tension since the 2010 cup run between them...

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:14 AM
ORYX

I wish I had the quotes from Bryz, but in a couple post game interviews he had this season, when being asked what the problem is etc, he always says the media should go ask the right person, etc etc.

It sounds to me, and I like to think I am pretty good at reading things correctly, that he is throwing a barb at Lavy.

Its the players that perform on the ice, but its a coaches job to direct. When your team gets scored on, down 1-0 and all their heads sink, its the coaches job to get them to believe in themselves etc. The only team they can come back from a 1-0 deficit against is the Pens.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:38 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 750
It's Giroux's fault. He did too much partying this summer:

MRxBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:04 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
I wish I had the quotes from Bryz, but in a couple post game interviews he had this season, when being asked what the problem is etc, he always says the media should go ask the right person, etc etc.

It sounds to me, and I like to think I am pretty good at reading things correctly, that he is throwing a barb at Lavy.

Its the players that perform on the ice, but its a coaches job to direct. When your team gets scored on, down 1-0 and all their heads sink, its the coaches job to get them to believe in themselves etc. The only team they can come back from a 1-0 deficit against is the Pens.
He's made the comment "ask the coach" before. He's said way too much to the media at times this year.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:14 AM
CootaRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
That being said, I think we could be contending again as early as next year.

We're playing VERY far beneath ourselves this year, just like the 06-07 team underperformed expectations.
The two seasons are remarkably similiar, aren't they? If Giroux developed a bum foot like Foppa they'd damn near be clones (heck, even Gagne and Knuble are back!). In essence, the downfall of both seasons was that management placed a TON of responsibility in the laps of top prospects in sophmore seasons (Richards, Carter, Umberger v. Cooter, Schenn, Read). You HAVE to account for potential growing pains from guys like that.

CootaRoo is offline   Reply With Quote