HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota North Stars - 6PM MST

Old
03-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yeah he was amazing tonight, probably Avs best player.
ROR was IMO but that isn't saying much.

EJ was poor defensively but good in the Ozone. The rest were average to garbage.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
I think Varly has been tired and honestly with the amount of rubber he's seen its not surprising to see him being a little worn out.
Definitely does, so I put some blame on the coaching staff for not recognizing this.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
Under Sacco? Each of those guys you mentioned probably wouldn't even make the lineup because Sacco would go with guys he is more comfortable with, aka grinders and pylons. He was crappy minor league coach, and he sucks even more at the NHL level. We are completely ****** as long as he has the reins, Sherman and PL too.
Well the hope obv is that Sacco will be gone. They will not keep him forever if we pick top 4 again and again. There were rumors about him being on the hotseat and I believe the Barrie move shows that he is desperate. And I rather give the new coach a shiny toy to play with .

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Don't know what excuse they'll use but it won't matter. If they finish in the bottom five again, they're all getting fired.
Sherman won't get fired without the chance to bring in a new coach, I personally think Sacco is the only one that needs to be fired.

However... If Sherman/PL hires Quinn or someone else within the organization. I'll be all in on the clean house wagon...

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Eh... we need a 15-6-1 record to finish the season now(31 point for 55 total). That game was actually against EDM, if we wanted to have any hope.
If this was the 96 or 2001 Avs team that record could actually be possible.

This Avs team might go 6-15-1 instead.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dahrougem2

Quote:
Don't know what excuse they'll use but it won't matter. If they finish in the bottom five again, they're all getting fired.

As if it will matter? Eric Lacroix will become GM and David Quinn will become Head Coach because Pierre Lacroix will run this team until he passes away

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
Eh... we need a 15-6-1 record to finish the season now(31 point for 55 total). That game was actually against EDM, if we wanted to have any hope.
Avs would have needed at least three points in the last two games to have a chance of making the playoffs.

Avs will probably go .500 from here on, possibly trade some scrubs and draft 8th-10th.

Another lost year.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
If this was the 96 or 2001 Avs team that record could actually be possible.

This Avs team might go 6-15-1 instead.
That record is the more likely of the two...

Old
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
ROR was IMO but that isn't saying much.

EJ was poor defensively but good in the Ozone. The rest were average to garbage.
I blame his defensive partner. Seriously EJ-Wilson pairing was solid for the last 2-3 games and Sacco decides to break it up and put effin Zanon back with him, it didn't work in the beginning of the season and isn't working now.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Cypher
Vote Tom Kirkman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post

For the game on saturday based off of tonight I would go:

McGinn/Duchene/Parenteau
Landeskog/O'Reilly/Hejduk
Mitchell/Stastny/Palushaj
McLeod/Olver/Kobasew
Bordeleau

Hejda/Johnson
Wilson/Barrie
O'Brien
Should be

McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Hejduk
Mitchell - Stastny - Jones
McLeod - Kobasew - Bordeleau

Wilson - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Olver - Palushaj

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:58 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Sherman won't get fired without the chance to bring in a new coach, I personally think Sacco is the only one that needs to be fired.

However... If Sherman/PL hires Quinn or someone else within the organization. I'll be all in on the clean house wagon...
Yeah if we finish bottom 5, Sacco is definitely the only one fired. Problem I have is as you said it, do not hire within the organization. Not because they're "bad" canadiates, but because they lack some serious experience. That is Sacco's downfall.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:59 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
I blame his defensive partner. Seriously EJ-Wilson pairing was solid for the last 2-3 games and Sacco decides to break it up and put effin Zanon back with him, it didn't work in the beginning of the season and isn't working now.
I really don't understand how even a somewhat intelligent person can make some of the roster moves Sacco has made. Why can every hockey-smart Avs fan see **** like this and he cant?

Maybe if I sit to close to the TV, and don't blink for two hours. I might be able to see the game through Sacco's eyes, eh?

Quote:
Yeah if we finish bottom 5, Sacco is definitely the only one fired. Problem I have is as you said it, do not hire within the organization. Not because they're "bad" canadiates, but because they lack some serious experience. That is Sacco's downfall.
Sacco's downfall is an absent mind, and a love for bottom 6/bottom pairing players.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Should be

Wilson - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Olver - Palushaj
I was about to say that Palushaj should be in for Jones but then I saw your bottom pairing and I like your line-up a lot more.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Should be

Wilson - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Olver - Palushaj
I'd play Greg Zanon on right wing before I see David Jones play another game there

Old
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post

As if it will matter? Eric Lacroix will become GM and David Quinn will become Head Coach because Pierre Lacroix will run this team until he passes away
Where's a big fat snake when we need one?

Mystic MacK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:

We'll see but I think Sherman and Sacco are both gone unless they go on an insane run to end the season.

Sherman is the one who hired Sacco in the first place. He's also the one who gave Sacco an extension. They usually say the GM gets two coaches before he's on the hot seat but I don't think that applies here.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

If we finish bottom 5 we'll probably see the house cleaned again. PL will make an appearance to say he's disappointed with the state of the team and how far it's fallen, then hire/promote more of his cronies to take over.

detrude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:03 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Suter just ****ed Parenteau there.

A lot of good things
+ E R I K J O H N S O N, what a beast in this game. Was taking more risk, which was awesome to see
+ ROR+Landeskog=Amazing
+ Stastny
+ Parenteau

A lot of good things
- Varlamov, I know he had like 40+ shots, but wasn't shape tonight at all. Too many easy saves into scoring chances because of rebounds.
- Zanon, wow he was brutal
- McGinn, where has he gonna off to?
- Mitchell, meh.
- O'Brien, the 4th goal was his fault.
- Hunwick, shots blocked? Shoot more!
- Jones, being a waste.
- Wilson looked slow tonight.
Come on. Seriously? What are you going to say when he actually plays like a beast. He made 1 or 2 good plays, and the assist on PA's play was a great play but he made a bunch of terrible plays as well. He was not good tonight.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:04 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
We'll see but I think Sherman and Sacco are both gone unless they go on an insane run to end the season.

Sherman is the one who hired Sacco in the first place. He's also the one who gave Sacco an extension. They usually say the GM gets two coaches before he's on the hot seat but I don't think that applies here.
You are giving Sherman's influence too much credit, I'm not sure things like that are only his decision.

Where I can see you being right, is PL burning Sherman to save himself.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:

He may have had a say but make no mistake about it Pierre Lacroix 100% was the one who approved of Sacco and probably wanted him here too. Name me 1 coach the Avs have had since 96 who wasn't somehow affiliated with the organization?

Old
03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
If we finish bottom 5 we'll probably see the house cleaned again. PL will make an appearance to say he's disappointed with the state of the team and how far it's fallen, then hire/promote more of his cronies to take over.
no they wont. get real. rebuilding teams don't fire their management for for a bottom 5 finish. the coach might get the axe, but everyone else is safe.

Drij is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:06 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

Granato was fired June 3, the same day Sherman was promoted. Sacco was promoted June 4. Unless he was able to hire a coach on his first day on the job, PL was the one who hired Sacco.

detrude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:06 PM
chet1926

I will officially quit watching the Avs if Sacco puts PAP on a line with ROR and Landeskog next game. And then if I was Duchene I would immediately go to management and demand a trade. Duchene busts his butt all summer and during the lockout, and has put together a all-star caliber season but ROR comes in after throwing a hissy all offseason and ****ing Sacco lays out the red carpet for him and gives him our best 2 wingers, basically rewarding arrogance. I actually feel bad for Duchene right now.

ROR sits out half the season has a hissy fit about getting paid, then within 7 games where he has looked average and then he immediately gets to play with our two best wingers. **** that, I'm over Sacco. The combo of Duchene and PAP have carried this team on their backs this whole season. While ROR sat at home at pouted about his situation and cost this team dearly.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
CobraAcesS

15-6-1 is such a wake-up call, there is no way in hell we come even close to the playoff line looking at that.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Granato was fired June 3, the same day Sherman was promoted. Sacco was promoted June 4. Unless he was able to hire a coach on his first day on the job, PL was the one who hired Sacco.
And it was confirmed that PL had been talking to Roy long before the Sherman and Sacco hirings. Sacco even said he thought Roy was gonna get it instead of him.

Mystic MacK is online now   Reply With Quote