HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League: 2013 season Pt3 - Hopping on the CBJ bandwagon!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2013, 01:40 PM
  #676
N5991989
Oilers Fan
 
N5991989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 788
They were already a good team having an off year last year. It happened in Philly the year before.

N5991989 is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 02:59 PM
  #677
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26,299
vCash: 350
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420565

"That's embarrassing," the 32-year-old responded. "You have to prove your sources. You became (unprofessional) journalists."

He may or may not have feel asleep at a team meeting. Regardless media it's just going to toy with him. Wonder if they play the Rangers. Brooks is good at pissing players and coaches off with questions.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 06:57 PM
  #678
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
The Blue Jackets' effort and desire in this game is night and day compared to the Oilers. This team wants to be in the playoffs.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 07:07 PM
  #679
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,493
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
The Blue Jackets' effort and desire in this game is night and day compared to the Oilers. This team wants to be in the playoffs.
I'm rooting for them.

They have to be the unluckiest franchise in the league. It would be nice to see them have some success.

OilerTyler is online now  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:15 PM
  #680
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,381
vCash: 500
At this point, I just really don't want Phoenix to make the playoffs. I'd love to see the Jackets make it, or even just have the Wings stay in 8th.

Calgary will make sure the Coyotes will get the win tonight though.

40oz is online now  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:34 PM
  #681
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,065
vCash: 217
Devils have lost 9 in a row. And people say we're imploding.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:51 PM
  #682
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Honestly, I have no idea how the Devils did what they did last year. That's not a good hockey team (even with Parise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I'm rooting for them.

They have to be the unluckiest franchise in the league. It would be nice to see them have some success.
4-1 win over the Blues. Damn impressive.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:54 PM
  #683
Hitchslap
Losing credibility
 
Hitchslap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Honestly, I have no idea how the Devils did what they did last year. That's not a good hockey team (even with Parise).


4-1 win over the Blues. Damn impressive.
There's always a few teams that overachieve with a crappy roster. Not sure why that can never be us.

Hitchslap is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:55 PM
  #684
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Devils have lost 9 in a row. And people say we're imploding.
Kovy being gone might have something to do with it. Plus Brodeur isn't that good anymore.

If they somehow get Jones this year, him and Larsson together... lethal

topchowda is online now  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:09 PM
  #685
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,065
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Honestly, I have no idea how the Devils did what they did last year. That's not a good hockey team (even with Parise).


4-1 win over the Blues. Damn impressive.
Pretty sure the Blues were also in Minnesota the day before. Second half of a back to back...

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:15 PM
  #686
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Pretty sure the Blues were also in Minnesota the day before. Second half of a back to back...
That doesn't mean anything. Like I said, the Blue Jackets pushed hard and won an important game. The Coyotes are an awful road team and the Oilers decided to sleepwalk through the game yesterday. The Ducks were in a back-to-back situation with the Oilers the other day and proceeded to just curb stomp the Oilers in the 2nd period on route to winning the game. The Blue Jackets are a much better hockey team than the Oilers.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:17 PM
  #687
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,065
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
That doesn't mean anything. Like I said, the Blue Jackets pushed hard and won an important game. The Coyotes are an awful road team and the Oilers decided to sleepwalk through the game yesterday. The Ducks were in a back-to-back situation with the Oilers the other day and proceeded to just curb stomp the Oilers in the 2nd period on route to winning the game. The Blue Jackets are a much better hockey team than the Oilers.
Congrats to the Jackets I guess? Although the season series says otherwise.

Don't forget we beat St. Louis in their barn 3-0 on the second half of a back to back. Khabibulin or not, we still won the game.

The Ducks lost to the Avs on home ice. Please tell me you're not going to make a case that the Avs are better than the Oilers...

And for what it's worth, the Coyotoes are 5-1-2 in their last 8 games.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:18 PM
  #688
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Congrats to the Jackets I guess? Although the season series says otherwise.
I doubt that the Jackets are sweating their season series against the Oilers.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:30 PM
  #689
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,065
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I doubt that the Jackets are sweating their season series against the Oilers.
But just think if they managed to win those games against an "inferior" team.

You'll have a tough time convincing me the Jackets are better than the Oilers.

Are they harder working? Absolutely. Are they better? No.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:31 PM
  #690
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever
 
Gret99zky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,997
vCash: 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Kovy being gone might have something to do with it. Plus Brodeur isn't that good anymore.

If they somehow get Jones this year, him and Larsson together... lethal
Aren't the NJD forfeiting their first pick this year because of the Kovy circumvention?

Gret99zky is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:33 PM
  #691
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
But just think if they managed to win those games against an "inferior" team.

You'll have a tough time convincing me the Jackets are better than the Oilers.

Are they harder working? Absolutely. Are they better? No.
Forget about making the playoffs, which they have a legitimate shot at, they're on pace to finish ahead of the Oilers. Easily. How are they not a better team? Key word: team.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:34 PM
  #692
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Aren't the NJD forfeiting their first pick this year because of the Kovy circumvention?
Oh damn... good point.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:36 PM
  #693
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,065
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Forget about making the playoffs, which they have a legitimate shot at, they're on pace to finish ahead of the Oilers. Easily. How are they not a better team? Key word: team.
And if we finish ahead of Nashville, which it looks like we will, are we better than them?

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:37 PM
  #694
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,065
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Aren't the NJD forfeiting their first pick this year because of the Kovy circumvention?
Why they didn't forfeit it last year is anyone's guess. if Lou was smarter he would have done that.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:38 PM
  #695
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
And if we finish ahead of Nashville, which it looks like we will, are we better than them?
Well, we should be at this point. That franchise is running on fumes right now save for Weber and Rinne.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:39 PM
  #696
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,065
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Well, we should be at this point. That franchise is running on fumes right now save for Weber and Rinne.
Fair enough. I'll throw these teams at you then: Flyers, Bolts, Hurricanes, Sabres.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:43 PM
  #697
Senor Catface
Registered User
 
Senor Catface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Nepal
Posts: 6,265
vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Why they didn't forfeit it last year is anyone's guess. if Lou was smarter he would have done that.
I don't think it was an intelligence issue...a stubbornness issue on the other hand...

Senor Catface is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:45 PM
  #698
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Fair enough. I'll throw these teams at you then: Flyers, Bolts, Hurricanes, Sabres.
From a certain perspective all four teams are grossly underachieving based on the talent involved.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:06 PM
  #699
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
2-1 Flames over the Coyotes in the 3rd period tonight. Woooooow. The Coyotes seem really hungry for that playoff spot tonight, don't they? And here's a change - we're going to get the Flames tomorrow after they played the night before.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 11:48 PM
  #700
402
#ualberta
 
402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Egypt
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Devils have lost 9 in a row. And people say we're imploding.
Wow last year eastern conference champs this year looks like they will miss the post season
Ouch i wonder how long this will go

402 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.