HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Caps vs canes mar 14th..dont screw this up!!

Old
03-14-2013, 08:58 PM
WcRoenick97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
According to the Canes board us Caps fans are "entitled".
Well, we're from DC, what did they expect?

WcRoenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
According to the Canes board us Caps fans are "entitled".
That's better than other things they could say about us. Anyway, i'd be pissed too if i were CAR fan. Still not sure how caps stole that game. We did not play well.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:09 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Carolina does not impress me.
Jesus, the CAPS don't impress me. Canes have been on a tear lately.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
artilector

We won! Crap..

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Funny had to watch the Canes feed on GCL and the Canes broadcasters were saying the game was pretty meaningless for the Canes... Jets within 1 of Canes...

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
um

its nice to be happy again but we all know they're gonna break our hearts on saturday

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
calicapsfan
NFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
Could be a t-shirt.

Save the tank on front, suck it milbury on back.

Screw it. I'd just put suck it milbury on the front and back.

calicapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Roughing

Nice win. Keeps us right on track for that sweet 9 seed...

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:05 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
Jesus, the CAPS don't impress me. Canes have been on a tear lately.
True and they just came back from a 2 nothing deficit and defeated this team that has been on a tear in their barn. Not to mention that the Caps were playing with only 5 d for the majority of the game and our AHLer d-man having 20+ minutes on the ice. A good/sound playoff bound team should not let that happen, hence why I'm not impressed with them.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:05 PM
RandyHolt
Registered Loser

I think we have been getting heavily outshot because Oates has opened up the offense. Sure enough Ovi gets another breakaway tonight. I think the 2 go hand in hand. The defensemen have been very active. Oates was desperate to get Ovi going.

I think Oleksy should have gotten 3rd star. I miss the days where stars were awarded for more than points and goalie play. Remember Langway and Stevens would just rack them up and they were warranted. Ribs first star is a joke he was falling down all night.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:15 PM
KirbyDots

Sharks/Bruins fan coming in peace. Neuvirth was pretty good tonight, any chance he sees more starts or is Holtby still the clear starter?

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:36 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Funny had to watch the Canes feed on GCL and the Canes broadcasters were saying the game was pretty meaningless for the Canes... Jets within 1 of Canes...
Saw Canes fans commenting about Tripp's remarks. A shortened season of 48 games, how can any of them be meaningless. That has to be about one of the stupidest things a team's broadcaster (that does not have the last name of Edwards or Steigerwald) has said.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
Sharks/Bruins fan coming in peace. Neuvirth was pretty good tonight, any chance he sees more starts or is Holtby still the clear starter?
Oates will probably go with the hot hand.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Bonzai

I listened to the whole game (not terribly carefully, could be wrong) and didn't hear Tripp say it was meaningless for the Canes, just that it was more meaningful for the Caps, which I think is true.

Carolina certainly played like they know the Jets are on their tails. You could see they wanted at least a point for a number of reasons.

Congrats to Ovie on his 701st point. Good win.

Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:39 PM
RandyHolt
Registered Loser

Ovi needs to work on his finishing. He has been getting so many breakaways coming in off the wing but has wolski grade finishing numbers...

I am not even sure if O got credited with a shot on goal before Ribs finished it for him. Ellis was down and out the net wide open and he fumbled it and did a pool cue shot as he skated to the corner

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:42 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
True and they just came back from a 2 nothing deficit and defeated this team that has been on a tear in their barn. Not to mention that the Caps were playing with only 5 d for the majority of the game and our AHLer d-man having 20+ minutes on the ice. A good/sound playoff bound team should not let that happen, hence why I'm not impressed with them.
Fair enough. I'm just glad we won and that Semin didn't go off for hatty or some other god-awful spectacle. And I'm glad Ovie scored. He plays so much better when he has some confidence. I think that's the main thing missing rite now. Bit of a head case, truth be told.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:49 PM
calicapsfan
NFA

Today sucked 6 ways from Sunday. So thanks to Caps for not piling on. Now, back to the tank.

calicapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:00 AM
g00n
Global Moderator
♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

Quote:
Saw Canes fans commenting about Tripp's remarks. A shortened season of 48 games, how can any of them be meaningless. That has to be about one of the stupidest things a team's broadcaster (that does not have the last name of Edwards or Steigerwald) has said.

Dumber than Locker giving a near last place team no worse than a "C" and lots of "B"s in grading the first half of the season, even though they're also statistically about the worst in many of he graded categories (like PK)?

Or Locker blaming all their problems on bad luck*, but when they get a lucky bounce right to Brouwer's stick on the Ovechkin PP goal the Caps "made their own luck"?

Locker is right up there with the bad homer color guys around the league. His job (and theirs) is to sell the team to the fans no matter how bad that team is because you don't get ratings or sell ads when the local color analyst says too many bad things about the home team.

Homer-based confirmation bias. That's the formula.

*(problems not also blamed on injuries and youth, every year)

g00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:12 AM
InjuredChoker

This team keeps confusing us.

Liked Oleksy. Carlson's pass was a beauty, need to seem more of that. Ward has dried out after good start. I thought Nicky had pretty strong game.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:05 AM
fsnoles98

Don't deny the inevitable, this team still sucks. They played poorly most of the game and the Canes played worse then we did. 1st passes were mostly chip outs, they gave up 36 shots. Defense still struggles, offense still looks weak. I'm not one to put on the red and blue colored glasses after one win, STILL NOT SOLD.

fsnoles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Capsman

MJ has this look about him like once he starts to get it he will be a force. Still good for the boneheaded play or two, but I like what i've see for the most part since he came back. He has restored my patience with his development.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:23 AM
swimmer77
No 2nd guess, grind!

Well they came back and won after a sluggish start. It's about time they get desperate. And talk about a game of inches - saved by Ribs again. Neuvy held the fort down after a sluggish start. The young D did okay. And of course I hope Kundratek is okay. Real bummer for him after the year he's had and putting his name on the map.

Still think they needed all four points from Carolina to make a dent but anything can happen yet - I guess.

And props to Ovi for coming full steam off of the bench. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:13 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
This team keeps confusing us.

Liked Oleksy. Carlson's pass was a beauty, need to seem more of that. Ward has dried out after good start. I thought Nicky had pretty strong game.
Ward dried out because they stuck him on the 3rd line, whereas in the beginning of the season he was playing top minutes with Ribeiro. Last night was the first time in ages he's been with Ribeiro, and he got a good scoring chance driving the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Don't deny the inevitable, this team still sucks. They played poorly most of the game and the Canes played worse then we did. 1st passes were mostly chip outs, they gave up 36 shots. Defense still struggles, offense still looks weak. I'm not one to put on the red and blue colored glasses after one win, STILL NOT SOLD.
Regarding the chip outs - the Caps were doing that because the Canes were taking away the middle of the ice. You saw all the neutral zone turnovers in the 1st. Those were from forcing passes through the center. They adjusted and it worked.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I think people expect facing a guy in front, one of the Dman need to be taking that guy out. Is it the 66 vet, or the rookie more offensive guy
And Kundratek was standing right next to the net on the other side with Johansson standing right next to him, it was either of those guy's job to pick up the guy in front, while Schultz, the closest of those 3 to the guy with the puck on the boards closed him down.

It makes no sense for Kundratek or Johansson to come all the way around the net to close that guy down while Schultz takes Semin because they would have had to come right through Semin and Schultz, which would have slowed them down even more.

If Schultz was by himself then by all means he needs to stay with Semin but he wasn't.

But in general that is par for the course around here. If Schultz is on the ice when a goal is scored it is by default his fault and most don't even think about taking a second look to be sure.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Oates will probably go with the hot hand.
Frankly I hate the hot hand approach to handling goaltenders. They both need work and going with the hot hand has a tendency to run down that guy while the other gets colder and colder.

Look at your schedule for a couple weeks and figure out who may have a history of playing those teams well or not well and then divvy out the rest in a way so that both are getting some regular work.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote