HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 28: Columbus vs. Chicago | 3/14 7:00 PM EDT

Old
03-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
True, we are consistently inconsistent with who we throw out there, outside of AA. So, yes, it is Richards MO. Of all the things to complain about, that is probably the least relevant. So I won't harp on Richard too much about it. The other issues I had with him are slowly disappearing.
That's because we don't have any proven skilled scorers other than Anisimov... I can't blame Richards for not knowing who to put out there, at this point our skilled scorers are yet to be known and works in progress... In future shoot outs I would put out the most experienced veteran players we have.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:25 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
That's because we don't have any proven skilled scorers other than Anisimov... I can't blame Richards for not knowing who to put out there, at this point our skilled scorers are yet to be known and works in progress... In future shoot outs I would put out the most experienced veteran players we have.
Let your best players be the best players. Pick the guys that are best suited to the SO and stick with them. So, I don't really agree with your reasoning. If Richards shares it, I don't agree with him either.

That is what I would do, but Richards is the coach.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
USNBluejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
I'm watching a team I'm proud to watch. That's all I care about.
This. The mighty Hawks looked frustrated because this team has fight in it. I like it.

USNBluejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNBluejack View Post
This. The mighty Hawks looked frustrated because this team has fight in it. I like it.
They had to resort to pushing the lines of legal play in the 3rd period. They resorted to forcing contact with the goal tender while making it look like it was unintentional. Yep, they were getting frustrated. When you can't get the puck past the goal tender tend to initiate contact in an attempt to get him out of his game or force the official the wave off a goal.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Let your best players be the best players. Pick the guys that are best suited to the SO and stick with them. So, I don't really agree with your reasoning. If Richards shares it, I don't agree with him either.

Artie has been a staple and Johansen has been in the past few shootouts. Brassard is arguably one of our skill guys. I don't really know the answer and maybe Richards is just drawing straws. Who knows. Not like he can throw Toews and Kane over the boards.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
USNBluejack

The way is see it, if we can make a couple of moves in the off season for some offense and stick to the hard nose game we're playing, we will be right in the playoffs next year and ready to put on a show.

USNBluejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:

The problem with that Blah is that our young best players change every game... That is why there is inconsistency in the younger player shootout results... The only constant is NHL experience, goaltending of late and hardworking checking; with the current situation in Columbus the best chance to have consistency in the skill competition (in my opinion) is to select the older guys that have some degree of scoring experience in the NHL....

Old
03-14-2013, 09:39 PM
blahblah

Quote:
The problem with that Blah is that our young best players change every game... That is why there is inconsistency in the younger player shootout results... The only constant is NHL experience, goaltending of late and hardworking checking; with the current situation in Columbus the best chance to have consistency in the skill competition (in my opinion) is to select the older guys that have some degree of scoring experience in the NHL....
Our best players are obvious.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Our best players are obvious.
So who would you put out 2,3 every shootout game Blah? We all know Anisimov is first....

Old
03-14-2013, 09:42 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Artie has been a staple and Johansen has been in the past few shootouts. Brassard is arguably one of our skill guys. I don't really know the answer and maybe Richards is just drawing straws. Who knows. Not like he can throw Toews and Kane over the boards.
Yeah, I talked about Brassard a bit back. I don't think he has a consistent enough shot for the SO. I haven't seen evidence of any moves that would overcome his lack of consistency in his shot.

The last part is what I said a while back, we are at a disadvantage against teams like the Hawks. We have AA and that is pretty much it. That is enough against half the teams in the league, but against a team like Chicago? Not really. We'll lose the vast majority to those guys.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:43 PM
blahblah

Quote:
So who would put out 1,2,3 every shootout game Blah?
AA, Calvert, and either Johansen or Atkinson. Probably Johansen for now. Brassard would be closer to #6.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Which was everyone's fav save?

A)Blocker save on Keith in the 2nd

B)Glove save on Bollig in the 3rd

C)Stick save on Bolland in Overtime

D)Other
A. mos definitely

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
AA, Calvert, and either Johansen or Atkinson. Probably Johansen for now. Brassard would be closer to #6.
i feel we have so few "true" choices...we have a rotation of about 5 or 6 ppl i trust

Calvert
Joey
Cam
AA

then another tier of
Vinny
Dubi
Brass
random defenseman (JJ/Tyutin)

then everyone else

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:54 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i feel we have so few "true" choices...we have a rotation of about 5 or 6 ppl i trust

Calvert
Joey
Cam
AA

then another tier of
Vinny
Dubi
Brass
random defenseman (JJ/Tyutin)

then everyone else
I think Foligno might be a better choice than some of those in your second group of forwards, but certainly not one of the top 4.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:55 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Shootout aside, that was one HELLUVA hockey game! Really proud of my team tonight despite not getting the W.

Excellent decision by Coach Richards to call the early TO. Bob was outstanding. Can't really criticize anyone's play tonight. Just truly enjoyable to be a part of.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Fair enough, the problem with Calvert and Johanson (for example)... after they both showed solid skill and confidence three shootouts ago they have seemed to be completley overwhelmed with how to score in the SO... I'd put Jack Johnson or Umberger out there right now... The intense pressure to win on Calvert, Johanson, Atkinson etc. in SO's might be an issue...

Whatever, I'd go with select older guys for now....

Old
EDM

To me the shoot out crew is very simple: AA, Calvert, Atkinson. 1-2-3 every game.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
I think Foligno might be a better choice than some of those in your second group of forwards, but certainly not one of the top 4.
i wouldn't disagree, just i don't think his hands are good enough for that situation, he's had a few breakaways that ended with missed shots that would lead me to not put him in that situation...maybe in the future that will cahnge for me, but i'm not gonna argue (too much) over 1 person

Old
03-14-2013, 09:57 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Another tough game against you guys. As we're probably not going to see each other again until next year, let me just wish you all the best of luck out East moving forward.
You guys are ALWAYS welcome to make us your favorite Eastern Conference team. Sincerely.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
I'm watching a team I'm proud to watch. That's all I care about.
This, its gonna hurt missing the playoffs more this year than any other. Hell of a work ethic, hell of a goalie. Maybe its the johnny walker talking but I love this team.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
EDM

This was one of the best hockey games I have seen in the last ten years. Both sides just kept coming at each other, daring the other to break. And neither did. I love this team. They are playing the way the game should be played. Games like this show the true sport and beauty of hockey.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:01 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I think Cam needs to get back out there he didn't score for like 3 attempts in a row earlier on but he can score.
I agree with this, but I also think the shootout exposes our lack of pure scoring talent beyond Arty. Jarmo will fix this over the next year or so.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:06 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Maybe if you had to stickhandle through 4 people before getting to shoot on goal.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

sportsclubstats says we need 13 wins in last 20 to basically get in...tall orders...

Old
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJacket2 View Post
B)Glove save on Bollig in the 3rd
My choice as well - particularly since he had to roll to keep the puck on his body and out of the net.