HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 28: Columbus vs. Chicago | 3/14 7:00 PM EDT

Old
03-15-2013, 01:06 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
uhh what
http://lowetide.ca/blog/2013/03/oile...y-woodguy.html

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Jack is a leader on the ice and off the ice. He logs the heavy minutes. He plays both special teams. His contract is extremely nice considering how much he brings to the table for Columbus.

With the cap coming down, his cap hit makes him even more valuable for Columbus. He's making that magic 4.5 million that Leafs fans crowed for years was the best contract in the league.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:09 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Looks like fanmade horse **** to me

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:11 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Looks like fanmade horse **** to me
I tend to agree.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:12 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Jack is a leader on the ice and off the ice. He logs the heavy minutes. He plays both special teams. His contract is extremely nice considering how much he brings to the table for Columbus.

With the cap coming down, his cap hit makes him even more valuable for Columbus. He's making that magic 4.5 million that Leafs fans crowed for years was the best contract in the league.
I see a day in the not too distant future when JMFJ is on the roster, but not in our top pairing. Wouldn't THAT be something?!?

Old
03-15-2013, 01:13 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Im all for bettering the team, and would trade anyone to do it both long and short term. But unless trading JJ to Edmonton brings one of Yakupov, RNH, Eberle, or Hall, that's not going to happen.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
The caller then talks about Columbus having too many D and not enough skill and there might be a fit there. That sets Bob off to speculating about Columbus needing to move one of their expensive Dmen for talent up front.
Jack isn't expensive. He has the 36th highest cap hit for D-men. I'd feel comfortable saying he's better than the 36th d-man in the league.

Next year there are 4 spots guaranteed as of now: Wiz, Johnson, Tyutin, and Nikitin.

The jam as of now is 2 spots up between Erixson, Moore, Prout, Golo, and Ryan Murray. That's without the possibility of signing another vet ala Aucoin or even retaining Aucoin.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:19 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Also have to say I am a big fan of Cody Goloubef. He just does everything so solid and although he isn't elite in any parts of his game, he can do it all. He's only going to get better too as he is still young. I think he can be a good 2nd pairing guy in the not too distant future.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:35 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Also have to say I am a big fan of Cody Goloubef. He just does everything so solid and although he isn't elite in any parts of his game, he can do it all. He's only going to get better too as he is still young. I think he can be a good 2nd pairing guy in the not too distant future.
I'm not the greatest at seeing if a player is doing good/bad. What are your thoughts on Prout? He didn't look bad on the top pair with Johnson tonight and he's +4 on the year.

I'm curious to see what the defense will look like next year, how would you rank these defenders?
John Moore
Tim Erixon
Ryan Murray
Cody Goloubef
Dalton Prout
David Savard
Nick Holden

With Moore,Erixon,Prout,and Goloubef stepping up, perhaps we don't need to rush Murray next year and have him start in the AHL.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:53 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Great game, excellent effort and very entertaining. OT was awesome, hoped it would never end.

I thought we chased Hawks too much in our zone the first two periods or so, and wouldn't be able to keep it up but got better as the game went on. Tyutin needs to be better with the puck on D zone.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:27 AM
JacketsDavid

Bob is in fuego. Outstanding run he is on, just unbelievable.
The offense (like I said last game) it is what it is. That also means most nights we'll score 2 goals, so we need the goalie to play outstanding to keep us competitive.
But to play that well against the best team in the league is good.

I still don't think we have any chance (5% or whatever Vegas says) but what I'm hoping for (apart from Caolina winning the cup to get me $5k) is Detroit missing the playoffs. They are in the 8th spot and other teams have game in ahnd, so that is my hope.

JacketsDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:05 AM
EDM

I don't want to see Detroit in playoffs either, unless Detroit being 8th means LA is 9th and we would get another lottery pick.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 1133
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I don't want to see Detroit in playoffs either, unless Detroit being 8th means LA is 9th and we would get another lottery pick.
How about us 8th, Detroit 9th and LA 10th?

Win-win-win.

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Its funny how everyone else around the league is convinced JMFJ is not a number 1 D and their argument is always related to the LA Kings and his time and output with the CBJ is completely dismissed..

They can never find anything in their argument related to Columbus because he has become a legitimate #1 D here.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Jack isn't expensive. He has the 36th highest cap hit for D-men. I'd feel comfortable saying he's better than the 36th d-man in the league.
For a team that has mostly garbage on defense, outside of Justin, they sure are a picky bunch. Reminds me of the fan angst on the value of Nash.

I see a lot of people trying to pull of the big four out of there. Put our sights a bit "lower" and start looking at Gagne. Every time I watch Edmonton and I get more and more impressed with the progress he has made. He's coming up on RFA and will be due an increase. We would be swapping salaries at that point.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:33 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
They can never find anything in their argument related to Columbus because he has become a legitimate #1 D here.
From what I can tell he is trending that way, but I wouldn't go that far. To be honest, he is far too dangerous in the offensive zone to count on as a true #1 (just a much to us as for us). He makes too many dangerous decisions with the puck. Too many lazy passes that lead to break aways the other direction. Too many times he pinches in at bad times, like going in behind the net with a minute to go in a game with a tie score.

The dude has to get smarter and understand he is our #1 right now. Leave that dangerous crap for appropriate times. Like when we are down a goal or two or on the PP.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:43 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

I think I've got a good feeling about Prout

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:46 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Prout, Golo, Moore, Erixon....

Old
03-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
I love Prouts game. Very big and physical and seems to have a bit of mean in him.

Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
I'm not the greatest at seeing if a player is doing good/bad. What are your thoughts on Prout? He didn't look bad on the top pair with Johnson tonight and he's +4 on the year.

I'm curious to see what the defense will look like next year, how would you rank these defenders?
John Moore
Tim Erixon
Ryan Murray
Cody Goloubef
Dalton Prout
David Savard
Nick Holden

With Moore,Erixon,Prout,and Goloubef stepping up, perhaps we don't need to rush Murray next year and have him start in the AHL.
I like Prout as well. I think he can be a good guy to have on your 2nd pairing (3rd at worst) to throw his body and make sure nobody gets in the crease. He's going to be solid.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
db2011

Quote:
Im all for bettering the team, and would trade anyone to do it both long and short term. But unless trading JJ to Edmonton brings one of Yakupov, RNH, Eberle, or Hall, that's not going to happen.
The player that blog post identifies as the return for JJ, Ladislav Smid, is an UFA after this season. Doesn't it seem very unlikely the Jackets trade JJ for an UFA? Or am I missing something?

(obviously the whole thing seems far-fetched)

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:26 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post

John Moore
Tim Erixon
Ryan Murray
Cody Goloubef
Dalton Prout
David Savard
Nick Holden

They are all developing in spurts, so its hard to rank them, but my first guess at the order in next year's camp:
Erixon
Moore
Golo
Prout
Murray
Holden

Even if we trade Nikitin, that leaves us with 3 open d spots after the big three (JJ, Wiz, Tyuts). We could go:

JJ Tyuts
Wiz Erixon
Moore
6/7: Golo/Prout

with Murray in the AHL. If Murray is pushing and you don't have enough injuries, we'll have to move out someone else, but that's far enough away and we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:30 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
The player that blog post identifies as the return for JJ, Ladislav Smid, is an UFA after this season. Doesn't it seem very unlikely the Jackets trade JJ for an UFA? Or am I missing something?

(obviously the whole thing seems far-fetched)
I don't think it implied that Smid was the return, but rather he would be going to make room for JJ. Crap rumor.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
They are all developing in spurts, so its hard to rank them, but my first guess at the order in next year's camp:
Erixon
Moore
Golo
Prout
Murray
Holden

Even if we trade Nikitin, that leaves us with 3 open d spots after the big three (JJ, Wiz, Tyuts). We could go:

JJ Tyuts
Wiz Erixon
Moore
6/7: Golo/Prout

with Murray in the AHL. If Murray is pushing and you don't have enough injuries, we'll have to move out someone else, but that's far enough away and we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Yes, although I would add to your possibility of trading Nikitin that the same applies to the trading to Tyutin, John of Wisniewski. But be that as it may...

I generally don't like to project out too terribly far because so much happens, but...

I could see a future blueline that included Murray/Moore as top pair, JJ/Erixon as second pair and Golo/Prout as third pair. I'm not sure how you get there, and I would guess we won't (emphasis here, please), but if I project each player's skill-set and potential... it could work.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

edit...wrong thread, my bad

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote