HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Detroit/Calgary

Old
03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
The Red Line

vCash: 500
LMAO.

Eva let it go, PLEASE let it go.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:44 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
LMAO.

Eva let it go, PLEASE let it go.
Oh come on... people are talking about Filppula being worth $4.5m-$5m (if not more), but then turn around and say Hudler is overpriced at $4m.

Seriously, he has put up numbers in the past with or without high-end talent and is doing it again this year. Flip has never put up significant numbers unless he is playing with significant skill, and this year he isn't even doing that. Detroit needs scoring more than they need a defensive center. Letting Hudler walk was an even bigger mistake than trading a first for Quincey, and possibly worse than not trading Stuart when he started to suck.

Thankfully, Brunner worked out. One wonders where the Wings would be right now if he hadn't. Add a few more losses on... not good.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Very happy with Hudler here, don't want to see him moved. He's extremely creative with the puck; brings a dynamic we haven't seen since the Huselius days. Not only that, he's showing lots of leadership on the team.

If there's one player who likely won't be moved at all, it's Hudler. Damn good signing, that one.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Oh come on... people are talking about Filppula being worth $4.5m-$5m (if not more), but then turn around and say Hudler is overpriced at $4m.

Seriously, he has put up numbers in the past with or without high-end talent and is doing it again this year. Flip has never put up significant numbers unless he is playing with significant skill, and this year he isn't even doing that. Detroit needs scoring more than they need a defensive center. Letting Hudler walk was an even bigger mistake than trading a first for Quincey, and possibly worse than not trading Stuart when he started to suck.

Thankfully, Brunner worked out. One wonders where the Wings would be right now if he hadn't. Add a few more losses on... not good.
LOL. Filppula is better than Hudler... By a wide margin.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:06 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Not this year.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Not this year.
Pretty much even on even strength play, and Filppula is a better defensive forward than Hudler.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:17 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
Who are Flippula's linemates and who are Hudler's? Exactly we have no one near Datysuk or Zetterberg caliber players on our team...

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Who are Flippula's linemates and who are Hudler's? Exactly we have no one near Datysuk or Zetterberg caliber players on our team...
Datsyuk's line has been dead since the minute Justin Abdelkader was placed on it.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:26 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Pretty much even on even strength play, and Filppula is a better defensive forward than Hudler.
Hudler has been far superior offensively.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:29 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Hudler has been far superior offensively.
Hudler with two more games than Filppula has...

3 more even strength points... With a minute more ESTOI per game.

2 more PP points with the same amount of time.

You're right. FARRRR superior.

Filppula can actually play defense, doesn't fall over like a sack of bricks when the wind blows, and can actually win a faceoff once in awhile. Next.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:55 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Hudler with two more games than Filppula has...

3 more even strength points... With a minute more ESTOI per game.

2 more PP points with the same amount of time.

You're right. FARRRR superior.

Filppula can actually play defense, doesn't fall over like a sack of bricks when the wind blows, and can actually win a faceoff once in awhile. Next.
Flip plays with Datsyuk must be hard to score playing with him.

Hudler has made everyone of his linemates better, he is also -2 on a -15 team he has been fine defensively.

Hudler is a winger and isn't expected to win a faceoff.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:29 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:

Hudler has made everyone of his linemates better, he is also -2 on a -15 team he has been fine defensively.

Datsyuk is in Filppula's top five linemates just like Iginla is in Hudler's. Hudler gets much better linemates on the PP, and there's not much difference in the remaining five on five linemates.

And in case you were incapable of reading, Datsyuk's line has been rendered useless ever since Abdelkader found his way on it.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:45 AM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

Quote:

It's been speculated that Fillpula was still suffering from his MCL sprain after the season started, then he suffered that shoulder injury, so I wouldn't really take this season as any sort of indicator.

Also, welcome to every Hudler thread on the Wings board. There are a couple of us who actually watched Hudler play and appreciated what he brought; the majority, however, found every potential negative thing (including playing a year in the KHL for $5m) and haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaated on him constantly.

The bottom line is this: Filppula and Hudler have great chemistry together, and adding a young dynamo like Cervenka would make them a potent scoring threat.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Eternal Sunshine

can this be locked? eva had no intention of sparking any reasonable discussion with this thread. it is one big shot at the wings org for letting the two former players go.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:01 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:

Please, Eva, just let Hudler go.

He's gone and not coming back.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:32 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
It's been speculated that Fillpula was still suffering from his MCL sprain after the season started, then he suffered that shoulder injury, so I wouldn't really take this season as any sort of indicator.

Also, welcome to every Hudler thread on the Wings board. There are a couple of us who actually watched Hudler play and appreciated what he brought; the majority, however, found every potential negative thing (including playing a year in the KHL for $5m) and haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaated on him constantly.

The bottom line is this: Filppula and Hudler have great chemistry together, and adding a young dynamo like Cervenka would make them a potent scoring threat.
If he is injured that would explain alot, he hasn't looked great this year to me (I have only seen 5-6 games this year).

I would love to have Filp but not at the price of one of the few bright spots this year. It would have to be in FA if he makes it.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:26 PM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

Quote:
If he is injured that would explain alot, he hasn't looked great this year to me (I have only seen 5-6 games this year).

I would love to have Filp but not at the price of one of the few bright spots this year. It would have to be in FA if he makes it.
Haha, no, as much as I love Hudler I wouldn't expect Calgary to give him back any time soon.

That's why I made an alternate proposal; apparently Bouwmeester is off limits though. What about Giordano for Filppula and Quincey?

Old
03-15-2013, 12:32 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Haha, no, as much as I love Hudler I wouldn't expect Calgary to give him back any time soon.

That's why I made an alternate proposal; apparently Bouwmeester is off limits though. What about Giordano for Filppula and Quincey?
The problem is Flip is a pending UFA, we are a team that should be rebuilding not adding rentals.

If we could talk to Flip first and get him to sign an extension then yes I would do that deal, if not I would pass.

How high are you on Kindl? Gio for Flip + Kindl/Quincey?

Old
03-15-2013, 12:36 PM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

Quote:
The problem is Flip is a pending UFA, we are a team that should be rebuilding not adding rentals.

If we could talk to Flip first and get him to sign an extension then yes I would do that deal, if not I would pass.

How high are you on Kindl? Gio for Flip + Kindl/Quincey?
Considering they're effectively the same player and I think Kindl has more potential upside (at a much lower cost), I'd rather keep him over Quincey.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:38 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Considering they're effectively the same player and I think Kindl has more potential upside (at a much lower cost), I'd rather keep him over Quincey.
Alright worth a shot I really like Kindl but I would still do Gio for Flip + Quincey.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:42 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
Det doesnt get Bouwmeester without one of Nyquist, Smith Tatar, Kindl being involved
Nyquist, no problem. He hasn't shown anything at the NHL level. Did you see how he played against Calgary? Probably not because he plays the perimeter and doesn't like contact.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:
This season, Detroit has been having some issues with inconsistency scoring. At the same time, Calgary is desperate for a true top-six center who is not Matt Stajan. So I propose the following:

receive
F Valtteri Filppula
G Jonas Gustavsson

receive
F Jiri Hudler
G Joey MacDonald

This deal gives Calgary a real center in Filppula, and the chance to negotiate an extension with him rather than try and nab a center on the market. At the same time, Detroit gets a versatile and skilled offensive forward who they know has established chemistry with their stars and is signed to a reasonable contract. There is also a goalie swap involved. Calgary seems to be disenchanted with Irving and doesn't appear to be interested in using Taylor as a backup, while Detroit has Howard starting and Mrazek ready going forward if needed.
lolno

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:03 PM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

Quote:
Alright worth a shot I really like Kindl but I would still do Gio for Flip + Quincey.
Calgary might have to add a pick, but otherwise

Old
03-15-2013, 08:30 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
can this be locked? eva had no intention of sparking any reasonable discussion with this thread. it is one big shot at the wings org for letting the two former players go.
Bzzt, wrong.

I'm primarily interested in reasonable discussion. Although you are correct in that I am displeased with the organization's treatment of Hudler; I don't think that was a secret.

I don't see why suggesting that Calgary might be interested in trading for Filppula is lock-worthy, especially when it gets Ken Holland not one but TWO former Wings. We know how Ken loves his former Wings.

And it was mentioned that Hudler was not movable; I disagree. For Filppula or a similar player (top-six, two-way center with faceoff skills), I think Hudler (if specifically requested) could be available. He's an excellent player, but Calgary needs help at center.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:31 PM
pdd

Quote:
No.

You get Quincey.