Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Well, do you know who he is?
Of course not, lol, nor do I particularly care

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

Old
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Mione134

vCash: 500
Chia will have to use his powers to tell Marts to back off.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Pelle Mårts just said that he will try to stop Söderberg. Don't think Boston has the right to pull him from the national team.
Most of the top players are playing in the NHL when The world championship is on. Does he really think it is necessary to stop a player from playing for the Stanley Cup for a tournament that means diddly squat?

Old
03-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

I have to think playing on a contending team for the Stanley Cup in the playoffs has to trump the WC. Don't get me wrong, I know the importance and LOVE international hockey but he's got a chance to come here. If he's playing for the B's right after Links, then he won't go to the WC.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:11 PM
22Brad Park

I am sick of the games with this guy .They need get an answer in writing.Name on paper,

Old
03-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Forget the Soderberg watch. I am on the Pandolfo watch.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Elite Prospects

Well to be honest, a week ago it did look like he was going to be in Boston very soon, but now his team won 4 straight and moved on to the next round, so you can't blame people that were (are?) excited about him.

Also, I feel like people don't know the story. He's in the playoffs right now, and he can't just leave his team, even if he wanted to, until his season is over.

The semi finals will begin next thursday (28) or friday (29), and could be done the 3rd of 4th of april but it can also go the full stretch in to the 9th and 10th.

I really doubt Carl is the Bruins only plan, but at this moment they probably look at him as a bonus, even more than they did before.
Also, I assume he can join the team after the trade deadline, just like Silfverberg did last year with the sens.

What was the point of this post? I'm not sure...

Old
03-21-2013, 11:32 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Anyone counting on this guy is foolish. I'm actually sort of enjoying how worked up everyone is getting over this guy.
once again, have some balls and call them out...

I think your just saying **** to troll.

I see alot of people curious of what he can do, no one's called him the savior of anything, and a majority of the anxiousness has been said as sarcasm.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:57 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Pelle Mårts just said that he will try to stop Söderberg. Don't think Boston has the right to pull him from the national team.
This whole thread is hilarious, but this might be the most hilarious notion of all. Last time I checked, playing for your country is a voluntary decision, and not something that you're contractually obligated to do. I don't know if Soderberg comes to Boston, but if he doesn't, then it'll have nothing to do with Pelle Marts.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:46 AM
Yabob

There is obviously no obligation to play for the national team... but there are other rules involved here.

As I understand it, this signing would break the rules set down by the current transfer agreement between the NHL and the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation. That means the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation would have to approve the transfer, which they might not. And if they say no, it's no (as they hold his transfer card and have the agreement on their side).

Unlike other players in recent years who left for NA after the season was over, Söderberg have no contract with an NHL team (that old one was probably voided a long time ago)... which makes it a rather different situation.

I'm by no means an expert on this though.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
Of course not, lol, nor do I particularly care
Exactly. Whether you care or not, Pär Mårts is the head coach of the national team.
In an interview yesterday Mårts said that he and Carl have decided that they are going to talk after the playoffs, and that's all we know for now.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:38 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
once again, have some balls and call them out...

I think your just saying **** to troll.

I see alot of people curious of what he can do, no one's called him the savior of anything, and a majority of the anxiousness has been said as sarcasm.
I have said it multiple times, tried to see if anyone has any apprehensions about the guy and I haven't seen much. Every potential lineup I've been reading has soderberg plugged in on the 3rd line. Bruins have been waiting for this guy for years and now he's just gunna waltz on over and be a top 9 contributer on a SC contender? GTFO of here with that garbage, the guy has to make the biggest leap of all and get his ass across the pond before I even remotely start to think he has any potential to help this team. Who has any idea if his game will translate to NA ice or the NHL. At this point Spooner has a hell of a lot more chance to have any impact on this team than Soderberg

Old
03-22-2013, 06:46 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Any chance he can leave Sweden next Friday and Arrive in Boston on Sunday?

Think of the symbolism!

Old
03-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Zibanejad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
Any chance he can leave Sweden next Friday and Arrive in Boston on Sunday?

Think of the symbolism!
no chance

Old
03-22-2013, 07:39 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
I have said it multiple times, tried to see if anyone has any apprehensions about the guy and I haven't seen much. Every potential lineup I've been reading has soderberg plugged in on the 3rd line. Bruins have been waiting for this guy for years and now he's just gunna waltz on over and be a top 9 contributer on a SC contender? GTFO of here with that garbage, the guy has to make the biggest leap of all and get his ass across the pond before I even remotely start to think he has any potential to help this team. Who has any idea if his game will translate to NA ice or the NHL. At this point Spooner has a hell of a lot more chance to have any impact on this team than Soderberg
Dude,

You need to let it go. The reason people are excited is because the B's have a chance to add the SEL's leading goal scorer, without giving up any assets. If you are a B's fan, and not just some JAG trying to stir the pot, why would you not be happy? We can debate all day about how much of an impact he will have when/if he comes, but there's really know way to tell until he actually gets here and plays.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
I am sick of the games with this guy .They need get an answer in writing.Name on paper,
I don't understand what games you're sick of.

There's been talk thay he may come over after his team is done with their playoffs.

Right now, his team is still in the playoffs.

When they're out, or win it all, we'll see what happens.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:12 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Still haven't quoted anyone who's saying what you're whining about.

Also the fact that you think he can't come to boston and replace the likes of Caron/pandolfo (who just played 6minutes last night) is absurd.
And in the worst case scenario that he's a plug you drop him.

No one has anointed him as a savior, or made him out to be the fix to our problems.

Tired Act, your rage is made up.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:15 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Dude,

You need to let it go. The reason people are excited is because the B's have a chance to add the SEL's leading goal scorer, without giving up any assets. If you are a B's fan, and not just some JAG trying to stir the pot, why would you not be happy? We can debate all day about how much of an impact he will have when/if he comes, but there's really know way to tell until he actually gets here and plays.
NOPE no one talk about him. The guy who walzed right into the forums the month of the cup win is here to tell us how foolish we all are for even bringing up his name.

(disclaimer, i have no issue with newer members. Just trolling new members)

Old
03-22-2013, 08:20 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Pandolfo did it ... can't be that hard.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:41 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Dude,

There's a difference between being excited and being delusional. I dont care if he's the SELs leading goal scorer or a scrub, that doesn't mean a lot, plenty of guys haven't been able to translate there game to the NHL. I think its safe to say the NHL is.far superior to the SEL.

And why not debate whether this guy can have an impact instead of trying to figure out what number he will wear or in what order he will hoist the cup. Been a lot of "tire pumping" of this guy.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:51 AM
JohnnyManchuck

Quote:
There's a difference between being excited and being delusional. I dont care if he's the SELs leading goal scorer or a scrub, that doesn't mean a lot, plenty of guys haven't been able to translate there game to the NHL. I think its safe to say the NHL is.far superior to the SEL.

And why not debate whether this guy can have an impact instead of trying to figure out what number he will wear or in what order he will hoist the cup. Been a lot of "tire pumping" of this guy.
Im new here but i must say that most comments in this thread have clearly been made tongue in cheek, i think theres more curiosity about this guy than anything. Personally, im just excited at the prospect of finally seeing him play.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:57 AM
mdonova33

Quote:

A lot of that "tire pumping" has been sarcasm or excitement. A lot of people are excited that we could be gaining a new face for no cost, one that MAY HELP the B's 3rd line woes. He's most likely (almost positively) going to be better than Pandolfo, and we get him for free. That's got a lot of people excited. There's nothing wrong with excitement due to the prospect of improving a hockey team.

However, no one is saying (with a straight face) that he will be the second coming. But he may very well be a good hockey player that can slot in on a Bruins team that has caught an injury bug, and still has a gaping hole on its 3rd line.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:

I've yet to see any "tire pumping" here. Just cautious optimism thus far.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Eennad142

Miroslav Satan was taken off inactive list in 2010, age 36, and immediately became Boston's go-to goal scorer in playoffs. I expect Soderberg, in his prime, to have that kind of impact in NHL, and light-years ahead of Whitfield/Pandolfo, which is what matters.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:

If saying that a young veteran player who is a proven commodity in one of the better pro hockey leagues in the world is an upgrade over the likes of Pandolfo and Caron is delusional...I guess I'm guilty as charged.

You can move on to something else now.

Closed Thread