HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl gives beaulieu+ best offers

Old
03-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Domino11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post

- Plekanec
- Beaulieu

- Michalek
- Stone/Pumpel
Plekanec >= Michalek ( plekanec have a slight advantage since he's a beast defensively but overall it mostly a squash )
Beaulieu >> stone or pumpel ( Beaulieu is a blue chip prospect none of those 2 have is potential )

Ottawa need to add

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Lukus

Quote:

- Plekanec
- Beaulieu

- Michalek
- Stone/Pumpel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Plekanec >= Michalek ( plekanec have a slight advantage since he's a beast defensively but overall it mostly a squash )
Beaulieu >> stone or pumpel ( Beaulieu is a blue chip prospect none of those 2 have is potential )

Ottawa need to add
Michalek is also very good defensively and Stone could become a power forward however, I'd be willing to also swap our 1st pick for yours... which based on current standings, MTL would move up at least 5 spots (and probably more as OTT is bound to slide down a bit before the end of the season).

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Domino11

Quote:
Michalek is also very good defensively and Stone could become a power forward however, I'd be willing to also swap our 1st pick for yours... which based on current standings, MTL would move up at least 5 spots (and probably more as OTT is bound to slide down a bit before the end of the season).
As I said plekanec and Michalek are probably equal value wise but In my opinion Beaulieu have more value then stone or pumpel .. I wouldn't trade Beaulieu for stone or pumpel straith up .. I wouldn't want none of them as the main piece for Beaulieu ... Beaulieu calling is way higher then stone !! For the price or Beaulieu I don't think I'm interested in any prospect Ottawa has except zibanejad and we all know it won't happen !!

Pumpel and stone are good but in my opinion there not as good as Beaulieu potential wise !!

Old
03-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Lukus

Quote:
As I said plekanec and Michalek are probably equal value wise but In my opinion Beaulieu have more value then stone or pumpel .. I wouldn't trade Beaulieu for stone or pumpel straith up .. I wouldn't want none of them as the main piece for Beaulieu ... Beaulieu calling is way higher then stone !! For the price or Beaulieu I don't think I'm interested in any prospect Ottawa has except zibanejad and we all know it won't happen !!

Pumpel and stone are good but in my opinion there not as good as Beaulieu potential wise !!

- Plekanec
- Beaulieu
- Eller

- Michalek
- Zibanejad
- Greening

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

- Plekanec
- Beaulieu
- Eller

- Michalek
- Zibanejad
- Greening
I like Michalek but the guy is always injured. Way too risky of a move for the Habs

Silfverberg available?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Domino11

Quote:

- Plekanec
- Beaulieu
- Eller

- Michalek
- Zibanejad
- Greening
How about

Plekanec + Beaulieu + Eller vs Michalek + zibanejad + stone/greening + lehner

Old
03-15-2013, 10:50 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
How about

Plekanec + Beaulieu + Eller vs Michalek + zibanejad + stone/greening + lehner

+Karlsson and Spezza

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:50 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:

- Plekanec
- Beaulieu
- Eller

- Michalek
- Zibanejad
- Greening
This is not good. We can't trade both of our centers here. It's too risky.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
what you mean there's no room at center for Coots?
Coots is obviously going to take Pleky's place.. and IF EVER
he doesn't why can't he play winger until Pleky or DD gets traded?
Sorry if you maybe don't agree with this but Cooter would be a lot more usefull
then Pleky or DD at center. maybe not this year but starting the next and the rest
to come he will. Trust me if Bergevin could get Coots for Beaulieu and Leblanc
you can be sure that either Pleky or DD is getting traded..
who wouldn't make Cooter play over Pleky and DD. Especially when your missing
size and brute talent up front at Center?
this year yea maybe Pleky and DD will be more effective than Cooter.
but if we talk for the future(starting next year) Cooter will be more effective.
He's 20 years old. can you imagine what our top 3 at center will be?
Chucky, Cooter, Eller, Dumont.
tell me that isn't going to be better than
DD, Pleky, Chucky and Eller...
Are you tyring to write an effin' Haiku or something?

Paragraphs, USE IT ************!

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:

- Plekanec
- Beaulieu
- Eller

- Michalek
- Zibanejad
- Greening
not trading Plekanecs or Eller to division rival. Don't want a perpetually injured Michalek. This deal reads like a simple way to **** the habs center depth in favor of a divison rival. lol

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:15 AM
WreckItRask

Has any non-biased Habs fan watched Beaulieu play this year regularly in Hamilton that could comment? I'm just interested to see how he's making the adjustment from Junior. I was praying that the Bruins didn't select him at 9th overall when it was looking likely, because I'm just not convinced that he's anything more than a MA Bergeron type of NHL prospect, but I'd love to hear how he's adjusting from a non-biased set of eyes.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Been watching him pretty closely this year, seen him a couple times play the ice caps here in St. John's and will see him tonight actually.

Has a deeper skill set then MAB. Great first pass, likes to start the rush, loves to have the puck and has decent speed. Just tries to do too much sometimes, needs to simplify his game. Wants to dangle everyone so the confidence is there. Having a nice transition into Pro, but needs to work his defensive game. I see him as a potential call up next year and will hopefully be ready for a NHL jump 2014.

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:33 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
Has any non-biased Habs fan watched Beaulieu play this year regularly in Hamilton that could comment? I'm just interested to see how he's making the adjustment from Junior. I was praying that the Bruins didn't select him at 9th overall when it was looking likely, because I'm just not convinced that he's anything more than a MA Bergeron type of NHL prospect, but I'd love to hear how he's adjusting from a non-biased set of eyes.
He's played well this year in Hamilton. He still needs more time to adjust to the pro level, probably the remainder of this year and some of next year in the AHL should be good. His offensive skills are there, no doubt about it, he just needs to get bigger, stronger, and improve defensively. He's listed at 6'2" 194 lbs on the Bulldogs website. If he can reach the 205-210 range, he will be harder to play against.

Right now, if his development continues at a steady pace, he could be a #3 offensive d-man, and play on the top PP unit with Subban. I'd say his best comparable in the NHL would be a Mike Green type of player.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Montreal needs some grit in the top 6 not as a rental and not an older player we are willing to pay anyone for this

A guy who can score, hit and isn't a defensive liability

Anyone is available to add except:
Galchenyuk
Price
Subban
Patches
Tinordi
Gallagher
Prust

Apart from that ask for a reasonable combination of whoever you want for the player that fits the need
Assume since you just signed DD to an extension, he is off limits too. I've been shopping Clowe to Montreal for a week now. Sharks do not need D prospects, we need good forward prospects. How about a blockbuster:

Clowe + Murray + Petrecki for Kristo + Leblanc and a Conditional 2nd (Clowe re-signs)?

Above does not meet the OP Not as a rental, but I expect Clowe would re-sign

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:27 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
Been watching him pretty closely this year, seen him a couple times play the ice caps here in St. John's and will see him tonight actually.

Has a deeper skill set then MAB. Great first pass, likes to start the rush, loves to have the puck and has decent speed. Just tries to do too much sometimes, needs to simplify his game. Wants to dangle everyone so the confidence is there. Having a nice transition into Pro, but needs to work his defensive game. I see him as a potential call up next year and will hopefully be ready for a NHL jump 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post
He's played well this year in Hamilton. He still needs more time to adjust to the pro level, probably the remainder of this year and some of next year in the AHL should be good. His offensive skills are there, no doubt about it, he just needs to get bigger, stronger, and improve defensively. He's listed at 6'2" 194 lbs on the Bulldogs website. If he can reach the 205-210 range, he will be harder to play against.

Right now, if his development continues at a steady pace, he could be a #3 offensive d-man, and play on the top PP unit with Subban. I'd say his best comparable in the NHL would be a Mike Green type of player.
Much appreciated on both ends. I've watched him a fair amount in the previous two Mem Cups, but it's tough to really gauge how the non-strengths (defensive awareness, hockey IQ, physical play, etc.) translate in that forum because of the quality of competition. His strengths were obvious...smooth skater, good puck mover, good PP guy, etc., but his mental game raised some questions even there (got caught drifting from his net, let guys get in behind him defensively, forced plays, etc.). Sometimes kids just need to play at a higher level to get that stuff out of their game, and sometimes those things are who they are and they never figure out it.

I think the Mike Green comparison is probably fair, but to be fair, I also see a lot of Ryan Whitney in his game as well. Either way, I think he'll get a decent shot to have an NHL career.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Assume since you just signed DD to an extension, he is off limits too. I've been shopping Clowe to Montreal for a week now. Sharks do not need D prospects, we need good forward prospects. How about a blockbuster:

Clowe + Murray + Petrecki for Kristo + Leblanc and a Conditional 2nd (Clowe re-signs)?

Sold to the man with the fish on his jersey! I would do that deal right now, if I could.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
Pleky is decreasing from year to year.. he's passed the 30yr old mark.
you're nuts not to trade for Cooter just because Pleky is there..
Again he's 20 yrs old..
you're going to have a way better team for the next 10 years with Cooter
then with DD and Pleky... DD is under sized, and Pleky is getting older
so he's decreasing slowly but surely..
Cooter would easily fit the line up.. Yes Simmonds would also be good
but Cooter brings you more depth down the Center line and would be
awesome to have after Chucky.
you're being too Bias on what your seeing this year.. don't look at this year.
He's having that Rookie slump which happens to some really young rookies.
like RNH.. He's too talented and has too much potential not to bounce back.
believe me or not. He's going to be way more important than simmonds is..
Like i said you can always Convert him as wing like we did to Chucky.
Until Pleky or DD leave. which would be the case if Cooter was here..
You seem to be missing a very important aspect to running and building a hockey team: never trade major assets for a position of strength when you have weaknesses that need to be addressed. Especially when the main reason for making the trade is to get a guy who simply speaks the same language or was born in the same area as your fan base. Not only are you giving up trade assets for something you don't need, the amount of pressure you put on the player becomes brutal. It is why a lot of french guys do NOT want to play in Montreal.

Now, what you need to do is recognize that the cost for Couturier is about what we would have to pay to get a left winger of equivalent calibre. In that scenario, we should get the winger because it is an area of need.

As far as Couturier definitely becoming better than Plekanec or Eller, that is a nice projection and a great HOPE for the future. Nothing is guaranteed. I recall a certain Latendresse being hailed as the next great French hope and being in a crowd chanting "Guy Guy Guy" as if he were already Guy Lafleur! Look where he ended up. The same thing could happen to Couturier. Eller has no problems due to fan expectations and has simply gotten better every single year he has played for us. He never had the dreaded sophomore slump, like Couturier is experiencing. Say it again: Eller has improved EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR!! Philly fans should count themselves lucky if Couturier develops into the next Plekanec, never mind surpasses him! We do not need Couturier. We do not need him for his defensive play (stellar) or his point production (abysmal) or the language he speaks (irrelevant). There is nothing about Couturier that we actually N E E D! It is as simple as that. We are doing well, and with the right WINGER and DEFENCEMAN added, we have a better than average shot at a Cup. We should concentrate on our needs, not fanboy wishes for a home town hero who has done nothing to prove he is ready to carry that label, nor live under the burden of that pressure, yet.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Mrb1p

You just don't give away your top prospect like that...

Our prospect pool without Beaulieu goes from Phenomenal to okay...

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
He's been good. Kind of player that makes 100 great plays but one really bad...
He's far from the MAB type though. He's dynamic on 5 on 5 AND on the PP. He's also pretty physical.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post

We give up our 2-3 best prospect and a 2nd for two old/uneffective/bad fit with the team vets and a 25 years old prospect...

Old
03-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He's been good. Kind of player that makes 100 great plays but one really bad...
He's far from the MAB type though. He's dynamic on 5 on 5 AND on the PP. He's also pretty physical.
This! I have heard from a former pro scout I work with that Beaulieu is very similar to Subban except without any of the "style". He is a Subban talent with a Markov attitude was the description I was given when he was evaluated before the draft...and since.

We have a lot of hope for the guy, and he should ONLY be traded for a clear and necessary piece we need for our current Cup run.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
We give up our 2-3 best prospect and a 2nd for two old/uneffective/bad fit with the team vets and a 25 years old prospect...
Yes.

Kristo is not playing for this team anytime soon. Our top 6 is smaller than we want without adding Kristo to it. Leblanc is decent, but has had his share of problems and might do better with a change of scenery. Clowe is having a down year. He is a guy who has put up 40-60 points for 4 straight years while hitting and fighting. He is the kind of guy that would cost us an arm and a leg if he were not having a down season. Most players have a bad season or two in their careers (remember Plekanec getting 39 points in 2008-09?), that does not make them useless. It is something that happens. Clowe would be an excellent addition to our top 9, if not our top 6. Murray also fills a need for us:a big, crease clearing defensive defenceman who hits. Those are our two biggest needs. The fact that both guys have playoff experience and are good veterans is a bonus. Have them join us, see how they do, and then resign or wave farewell to them in the summer based on how well they perform for us. I would imagine we would resign Clowe and let Murray go since Tinordi will be playing with us next year.

So, "yes" we trade Kristo and Leblanc for two more important players necessary for our present attempt at a Cup run. Collberg will supplant Kristo as our best forward prospect without size soon enough. Leblanc has not shown himself to have been worth the 1st rounder we spent on him, yet. Both prospects are replaceable.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Yes.

Kristo is not playing for this team anytime soon. Our top 6 is smaller than we want without adding Kristo to it. Leblanc is decent, but has had his share of problems and might do better with a change of scenery. Clowe is having a down year. He is a guy who has put up 40-60 points for 4 straight years while hitting and fighting. He is the kind of guy that would cost us an arm and a leg if he were not having a down season. Most players have a bad season or two in their careers (remember Plekanec getting 39 points in 2008-09?), that does not make them useless. It is something that happens. Clowe would be an excellent addition to our top 9, if not our top 6. Murray also fills a need for us:a big, crease clearing defensive defenceman who hits. Those are our two biggest needs. The fact that both guys have playoff experience and are good veterans is a bonus. Have them join us, see how they do, and then resign or wave farewell to them in the summer based on how well they perform for us. I would imagine we would resign Clowe and let Murray go since Tinordi will be playing with us next year.

So, "yes" we trade Kristo and Leblanc for two more important players necessary for our present attempt at a Cup run. Collberg will supplant Kristo as our best forward prospect without size soon enough. Leblanc has not shown himself to have been worth the 1st rounder we spent on him, yet. Both prospects are replaceable.
We don't have a cup run, we are a great team this year but I doubt we have any serious cup chances because the playoffs aren't about beating any team on any given night they are about beating the same team 4 times in 7 games I don't see us capable of doing that

Habsfannick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Yes.

Kristo is exactly what our team needs. A play making winger. I can guarantee you the Sharks take this and run as fast as they can.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Given your Avatar, I would expect you would want Kristo and LeBlanc to come play for Larry Robinson's team!

The second is conditional on you liking Clowe enough to offer him an extension. So if he does not fit your style, you won't resign him. Personally, Clowe and Murray are both guys you would love to have on the ice versus Boston. They are tailor made for the style of play you are facing, and should help you in your run this year.

(While Murray is very slow, he is a great shot blocker and servicable #6. Clowe is snakebit, but he will break out of that shortly. He has had golden chances last few games, and does have 8 or 9 assists. Petrecki was formerly our top prospect, and may turn into someones crease clearing hulking #6D some day. One NHL game he played this year, he was just fine. We just have too much D depth to play him)

All of the above adds the size your fans have been wanting, without subtracting any current roster players. Our GM and fans want more for the package I am offering, but personally I think the value is mostly fair. (Maybe I should have added another pick coming our way in 2013 to make Shark fans happier, but I prefer to get some Top 9 forward prospects that could join our team sooner, rather than picks for 3-4 years down the road. Our pool is drained now. Time to ask for some immediate help).

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote