HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Canucks Aggressively Pursuing Trade (Interested in Steve Ott & Derek Roy)

Old
03-15-2013, 06:14 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
Loving the desperation.
Congratulations for confirming almost all my prejudices I have against Chicago fans

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Tank Commander
Perennial Letdown

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'd move Roy to Vancouver this season, depending on the offer.

Doesn't sound like we're anywhere close to signing him.

Someone on here offered Roy + Robidas + Glennie for Grabovski + Gunnarsson. I'd really like that.
hmm. That trade hurts, but I think both teams get better, so I suppose it works out.
For the Leafs it gives us a 2c to replace Grabo and maybe try with kessel and Robidas to try out with phanuef and a project prospect.
The unknown being Glennie. What's with his fall from grace, anyways? awful numbers in the AHL.

Tank Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I find it interesting that one player is a Sabre and one is an ex-Sabre. The Canucks sure seem to love our players. Kassian, Gragnani, Pyatt, and Bernier before this.

Thankfully it's clarified that the Sabres won't move Ott. So please stop making proposals for him. He's not available. Way too important to Buffalo and I can see him getting an "A" if Stafford is shipped out at some point. I hope both happen. Ott bleeds blue and gold every single night.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I find it interesting that one player is a Sabre and one is an ex-Sabre. The Canucks sure seem to love our players. Kassian, Gragnani, Pyatt, and Bernier before this.

Thankfully it's clarified that the Sabres won't move Ott. So please stop making proposals for him. He's not available. Way too important to Buffalo and I can see him getting an "A" if Stafford is shipped out at some point. I hope both happen. Ott bleeds blue and gold every single night.
That all being said I still don't think he's untouchable. But it will cost more than anyone is willing to pony up. He's everything buffalo needs. Top 3 in league in hitting. Great at the face off dot. A pest. And can throw in some points here and there.

1st rounder and then some isn't even going to cut it. He's molded for playoff hockey.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Towel-Power
GoCanucksGo

Quote:

You guys are the new Panthers

Towel-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Land O Lakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
I don't know.. It's been awhile, not even Cody Hodgson did that.

Um.. Oh, Mason Raymond and Jannik Hansen. Both in the same year. (07-08)
07-08:
Hansen 43 Pts in 50 GP
Raymond 17 pts in 20 GP

I wouldn't even say that counts... Hansen is .86 PPG, and Raymond at .85 PPG in only 20 games (hardly a big enough sample size). Looking for AT or above PPG pace (1.00).

Land O Lakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:03 PM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes View Post
Who is the last Vancouver prospect to produce well (at or above PPG) for your AHL affiliate?
Well it depends what age you consider a player a prospect. If you go 23 and under it was 1999-2000 when a 21 year old Josh Holden put up 51 points in 45 games. A 21-year old Steve Kariya put up 41 points in 29 games that year as well.

If you will go up to 25, Jason Jaffray put up 81 points in 77 games for the Moose in 06-07.

94eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Canuck fans contrary to what most other Sabre fans say, Steve Ott is not untouchable. He's a valuable pest but is no more then a 3rd liner. That being said he wouldn't come cheap. 1st rounder + for Ott.
That price essentially makes him untouchable, it's similar to Hansen being "untouchable" for the Canucks, you will have to overpay to get him.

Linden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes View Post
07-08:
Hansen 43 Pts in 50 GP
Raymond 17 pts in 20 GP

I wouldn't even say that counts... Hansen is .86 PPG, and Raymond at .85 PPG in only 20 games (hardly a big enough sample size). Looking for AT or above PPG pace (1.00).
Well thats the closet.

Other than that I'm not sure.

Maybe Kevin Bieksa in 05-06 but I think he only played 40 or so games.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Blitz
WANTED: Top-4 LHD...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
That all being said I still don't think he's untouchable. But it will cost more than anyone is willing to pony up. He's everything buffalo needs. Top 3 in league in hitting. Great at the face off dot. A pest. And can throw in some points here and there.

1st rounder and then some isn't even going to cut it. He's molded for playoff hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
That price essentially makes him untouchable, it's similar to Hansen being "untouchable" for the Canucks, you will have to overpay to get him.
I could see the Sabres moving Ott as his value for a playoff bound team will be considerably higher than in other circumstances.

I would seriously consider a deal with the 'Nucks if the return was something involving Brenden Gaunce and a decent pick - anything other than that, I probably say "No Thanks"

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:56 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Maybe a Buffalo fan can explain... But I don't see why so many people talk about Ott like he's untouchable. He's perfect for a contending team, but given Buffalo's position, I personally don't see how he fits long term. Maybe there's more to it, but I can't see Ott's value being more than it is now. Next year he is a rental, and unless Buffalo is contending next year, he doesn't seem like a guy you'd build around.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Maybe a Buffalo fan can explain... But I don't see why so many people talk about Ott like he's untouchable. He's perfect for a contending team, but given Buffalo's position, I personally don't see how he fits long term. Maybe there's more to it, but I can't see Ott's value being more than it is now. Next year he is a rental, and unless Buffalo is contending next year, he doesn't seem like a guy you'd build around.
Personally, I don't get it either. Buffalo has Hodgson/Grigorenko/Girgensons/Ott/Ennis/Porter/Hecht down the middle currently.

I understand Ott is not even being used as a center right now. Hecht probably won't be around when Buffalo is competitive, neither will Porter. That leaves the top 5 centers who I wouldn't say any are 4th line centers in a couple years. I don't see any need for Ott then. Personally, I'd flip him for a winger or a defenseman that will help them in 3-4 years.

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
He's not but if Buffalo demands what fans here have posted, he might as well be. I doubt any team is giving up a first for Ott, and certainly not more.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:16 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguars Fan View Post
Ballard + Schneider

Couturier +

Flyers get a puck moving D and a goalie.
LOL yea right.

Flyers pass.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:29 PM
mcsauer2738

I'm sure something similar to this has been proposed but i wanted to see your thoughts.

Boyle and Gaborik for Kesler. Seems like both kesler and gabby need a change of scenery.. and limbs.

Also when is kesler coming back?

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
I'm sure something similar to this has been proposed but i wanted to see your thoughts.

Boyle and Gaborik for Kesler. Seems like both kesler and gabby need a change of scenery.. and limbs.

Boyle is a significant downgrade from Kesler, huge pass.

Canadian Gold X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:

Van cant afford to downgrade centers right now

Ho Borvat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:

Except Kesler is very effective when he's in our lineup...

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towel-Power View Post
You guys are the new Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I could see the Sabres moving Ott as his value for a playoff bound team will be considerably higher than in other circumstances.

I would seriously consider a deal with the 'Nucks if the return was something involving Brenden Gaunce and a decent pick - anything other than that, I probably say "No Thanks"
Ott's unavailable unless a team offers up an offer we simply can't refuse, which for all intensive purposes won't happen. No team will be willing to pay the price needed to acquire him from us. No team will be willing to overpay to the extent we'll need to be overpaid by to give Ott up. As for your example, the Canucks won't do Gaunce + decent pick for Ott, as they shouldn't. And we won't trade Ott because no team including Vancouver will overpay enough to part with him. So, no trade occurs and Ott is unavailable.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:43 PM
StringerBell

Why does it seem like Kesler needs a change of scenery? Unless you're referring to off the IR and back onto the Canucks active roster...

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Why does it seem like Kesler needs a change of scenery? Unless you're referring to off the IR and back onto the Canucks active roster...
Because 29 other teams would love an excuse to under-pay for an elite two way center.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Clearly the city of Vancouver is booby trapped. Poor guy needs to get the hell outta Dodge before it costs him a limb.

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 03-15-2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Clearly the city of Voncouver is booby trapped. Poor guy needs tog et the hell outta Dodge before it costs him a limb.
Trade all our players!

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

Ott's unavailable unless a team offers up an offer we simply can't refuse, which for all intensive purposes won't happen. No team will be willing to pay the price needed to acquire him from us. No team will be willing to overpay to the extent we'll need to be overpaid by to give Ott up. As for your example, the Canucks won't do Gaunce + decent pick for Ott, as they shouldn't. And we won't trade Ott because no team including Vancouver will overpay enough to part with him. So, no trade occurs and Ott is unavailable.
If he's not available now you have to think he will be next year at this time. Ott is a veteran that likely won't want to re-sign with the re-building Sabres...

Teams will overpay for Ott. He's exactly what a bunch of different clubs will want heading into the playoffs.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Because Ott brings an element that is lacking in all the other players... leadership/swag/confidence/work ethic .... its actually a good thing to build around for the younger players.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote