Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 10:25 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave512 View Post
That's not only true of other teams, but the media as well. I was watching the NHL Network this afternoon, and they were talking about the Leafs slide. One of the talking heads said that the Leafs have "winnable games" coming up against the Jets and Lightning. Winnable games? Did you already forget what the Jets did to the Leafs 2 nights ago?

Yes, I know that any team can win any game on any night, and thus every game is a winnable game. But it would be nice to be good enough consistently to get some respect from the NHL community.
As far as I'm concerned the rest of the league and their homer broadcasters can pound sand. Keep disregarding the Jets all the way to missing the playoffs.

Excellent game. If they play like this (which I don't think they can keep up... but I'm willing to be persuaded), they have a great chance for playoffs and even possibly a division title.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:26 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nik Antropov really needs to start paying for me to attend every game home and away. He is scoring at a 35+ goal pace when I attend games (something like 11/12g in 25 games). What a beauty. We need to re-sign this guy ASAP.

Great game overall by Jets again. Nothing more, as I am fairly decently drunk...
Antro REALLY impressed me tonight. I'm an Antro fan anyway, but I felt that tonight he really brought his battle level up.

Loved the physical play by the team in general - as Sweech mentions, when they're physical, AND they move their feet, I feel they can play with anyone and have a good chance of winning.

Old
KJF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Love this:

I always like to go by points per game to rank standings during the season to cancel out the differences in number of games played. By that ranking, we're ahead of the Leafs (30/27=1.111, 31/28=1.107)!

Old
mzappa
Jets fans in space

There's a good dozen pages of happiness waiting for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Jets now own the tie-breaker vs. the Rangers.

What I love about tonight: basking in the fun of this win, Jets sneaking into that 8th spot, AND I haven't had a chance to go read the Leafs PGT after their implosion tonight.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:27 PM
WPGNYRFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Apologies for the Lundqvist chants, I don't think anyone thought he was seriously hurt, just a stinger. World-class goaltender.
Yeah, it was a good game but I wish we hadn't chanted him there. I was scowling in my seat.

Amazing how good a night this was in total for the Jets, so many of the teams we needed to lose actually did lose!

Old
03-14-2013, 10:28 PM
McFist
Bryan can beat it

Did Torts duck the media tonight? I haven't seen/heard anything.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:29 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Yeah, it was a good game but I wish we hadn't chanted him there. I was scowling in my seat.

Amazing how good a night this was in total for the Jets, so many of the teams we needed to lose actually did lose!
I wondered how you were handling tonight, what with your 1a and 1b teams playing.

Old
Boreal

Big win. Even bigger weekend set coming up. GO JETS GO!

Old
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Another 'A' game from the Jets. Lundqvist was tremendous, against an average goalie having an average game that was probably 5-1.

I can't overstate the amount of confidence the Jets defense corps is playing with right now. For the most part, their breakout passes are surgically precise. They're confidently stepping up at the blueline to challenge skilled forwards rather than allowing them to enter the zone with a full head of steam. They're guarding the danger area with resolve, and doing a great job generating offense from the point.

Buff, Clitty, Stu, Bogo, Hains. Yeah you to Big Meech, why not. Take a bow, you've stepped it up in a huge way.

Oh yeah, and that Pavelec guy hasn't been bad either...

Old
FBS

vCash: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvt8r View Post
Just saw Torts press conference on NHL tonight...he was calm
Until he was asked about the chants... He bristled and acted like he didn't know what they were talking about. Then some PR guy jumped in and ended the scrum

Old
03-14-2013, 10:30 PM
wpgJetsfan

Well folks, we now have Tie Breaker against the NY Rangers. With having Tie Breakers on the Rangers and NJ, it puts us in a better position at the end of the season if we tie either team for the last playoff spot.

Win in Toronto to take that tie breaker and then on to Ottawa for that tie breaker.
GO Jets GO

Old
03-14-2013, 10:30 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Thats just the Toronto-centric media. Watching CBC, TSN and Sportsnet national is just painful most the time. That why "Leafs Elimination Day" is so wonderful across Canada, don't have to listen to that garbage for the playoffs. One of the best Leafs elimination moments was when the NYI beat them in a shootout on the last day of the regular season. Beauty.

That said,
we can't expect any favours from the refs on Saturday - home crowd in TO and national CBC broadcast.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave512 View Post
That's not only true of other teams, but the media as well. I was watching the NHL Network this afternoon, and they were talking about the Leafs slide. One of the talking heads said that the Leafs have "winnable games" coming up against the Jets and Lightning. Winnable games? Did you already forget what the Jets did to the Leafs 2 nights ago?

Yes, I know that any team can win any game on any night, and thus every game is a winnable game. But it would be nice to be good enough consistently to get some respect from the NHL community.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:31 PM
BennyTheJet

New Hainsey statue erected at the Manitoba Legislature to commemorate "Hainsey Month". Thousands make pilgrimage to touch his lucky stick.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Prot

vCash: 100
So now a side question surfaces (again): What do we do with Burmie?

Personally I love him, and I think he's got oodles of talent...just perhaps immature. But as time goes on, Noel continues to bench him, you have to wonder how long someone as young as Burmie will be content to sit in the pressbox. Yet here we are winning....

Does he come back next game?

Old
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Man, that was an amazing night.

Pavs was solid.

Big Buff generating offense once again.

Kane is using his speed even more effectively now, and having more than one line that can apply pressure is key.

The Jets played a really heavy game and won the hard battles, basically. Blocked a lot of shots in the last half of the game. They put a pounding on the Rangers D at near every opportunity. They are playing like a team that is playing for their coach and each other, a really solid game top to bottom, aside from some sloppiness at times. They've bought into playing a team game finally.

I hope they go with the same lineup on Saturday.

Old
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nik Antropov really needs to start paying for me to attend every game home and away. He is scoring at a 35+ goal pace when I attend games (something like 11/12g in 25 games). What a beauty. We need to re-sign this guy ASAP.

Great game overall by Jets again. Nothing more, as I am fairly decently drunk...
RE-SIGN ANTRO PLZ N THX. #silencethemhaters

Old
03-14-2013, 10:33 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Torts post game was short, about three fairly softball questions that he answered calmly then someone probably from the Winnipeg media asked him about the tortorella chants.

Torts clearly was about to blow when his handler guy said "next question" then right away he ended it.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

vCash: 1814
Antro playing for that next contract. 8 years 8.7m per

Old
03-14-2013, 10:35 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjero View Post
Antro playing for that next contract. 8 years 8.7m per
1 year 870k

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
Prot

vCash: 100
Post game on Jets TV is on right now playing the Tort interview

Old
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Torts being replayed on 1290 right now.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:36 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Jets post-game audio

Jets - Ladd, Pavelec, Bogosian and Hainsey.

To listen click here.

Rangers - Coach Tortorella, Callahan and Lundqvist.

To listen click here.

Coach Noel post-game presser.

To listen click here.

Guest Host Michael Remis and Analyst Richard Pollock break down the Jets play against the Rangers.

To listen click here.

Game recaps, post-game audio, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night.

For above click here.

Last edited by ICdave: 03-15-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old
03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Torts post game was short, about three fairly softball questions that he answered calmly then someone probably from the Winnipeg media asked him about the tortorella chants.

Torts clearly was about to blow when his handler guy said "next question" then right away he ended it.
Chicken media giving him softball pitches to hit..........

Old
Dave512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
So now a side question surfaces (again): What do we do with Burmie?

Personally I love him, and I think he's got oodles of talent...just perhaps immature. But as time goes on, Noel continues to bench him, you have to wonder how long someone as young as Burmie will be content to sit in the pressbox. Yet here we are winning....

Does he come back next game?
Any chance they send him back to the AHL, arguably where he should have been the last few years anyway? That team is going nowhere, and he could get some big minutes.

With the IceCaps visiting the Albany Devils in 2 weeks, that's a move I could get behind.

EDIT: Is he waiver eligible now? I'm not too clear on those rules. He has played a lot of NHL games at this point.

Old
gholas

Closed Thread