HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tytutin for Gaborik

Old
03-15-2013, 08:25 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
If NY Rangers wanted Tyutin, they probably wouldnt have traded him.

We got less players, but more good players. Cant complain.
Dubi and AA were always on the table in February. So was Erixon and the 1st.

Rangers fans were also willing to throw in C. Thomas as well.

you guys wanted Stepan, MDZ and Kreider to also be included in the deal in some form or fashion and that didn't happen.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:26 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashie14 View Post
Wasn't the Feb proposal Dubinsky + Christian Thomas + Erixon + 2012 1st? If it was, then AA over CT and the projected upgrade on the first makes it a worthwhile wait.
I have heard conflicting reports that JT Miller was also part of it.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:34 AM
pld459666

Quote:
If NY Rangers wanted Tyutin, they probably wouldnt have traded him.
Yes and no.

We got a decent player for him. Zherdev played very well his first year, just never got on the same page as Torts and was allowed to leave.

I liked that deal. That seemed veyr much like a deal that was going to help both teams and would have if Torts wasn't hired. I think Z would have been here for a while.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:37 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Wasn't the Feb proposal Dubinsky + Christian Thomas + Erixon + 2012 1st? If it was, then AA over CT and the projected upgrade on the first makes it a worthwhile wait.
AA was in that package as well.

reports on our end was that you wanted three roster players Erixon and the 1st.

Hence the comment from Rangers brass that Howson wanted the Rangers to look like Columbus after the trade.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:40 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Dubi and AA were always on the table in February. So was Erixon and the 1st.

Rangers fans were also willing to throw in C. Thomas as well.

you guys wanted Stepan, MDZ and Kreider to also be included in the deal in some form or fashion and that didn't happen.
Wasnt the feb proposal pieces of Dubi, JT Miller, Thomas, 1st, Erixon. Dont recall AA being involved much despite Columbus wanting NHL ready young players not prospects.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Kashie14

vCash: 102
Quote:
Wasnt the feb proposal pieces of Dubi, JT Miller, Thomas, 1st, Erixon. Dont recall AA being involved much despite Columbus wanting NHL ready young players not prospects.
Yes, I found the link to the Brooks article.

"Perhaps that explains why Howson acted with a sense of entitlement through his negotiations regarding Rick Nash with Rangers GM Glen Sather, who lusted after the power winger to such an extent he is believed to have offered the Blue Jackets a five-asset package including Brandon Dubinsky, 21-year-old top defense prospect Tim Erixon, highly regarded 2011 first-round draft choice J.T. Miller and 2010 second-round pick Christian Thomas, along with a 2012 first-round selection in order to make it happen as yesterday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline approached."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...75OeX2AgKq0U3K

JT and CT became AA, which makes sense since such a huge roster turnover mid-season would've been nuts.

Kashie14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:46 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Yes and no.

We got a decent player for him. Zherdev played very well his first year, just never got on the same page as Torts and was allowed to leave.

I liked that deal. That seemed veyr much like a deal that was going to help both teams and would have if Torts wasn't hired. I think Z would have been here for a while.
Perhaps, but the combination of already being traded from that team and the fact that NYR already have enough defense with Tyutins contract, it doesn't seem very reasonable.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:51 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Perhaps, but the combination of already being traded from that team and the fact that NYR already have enough defense with Tyutins contract, it doesn't seem very reasonable.
agreed.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:52 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Yes, I found the link to the Brooks article.

"Perhaps that explains why Howson acted with a sense of entitlement through his negotiations regarding Rick Nash with Rangers GM Glen Sather, who lusted after the power winger to such an extent he is believed to have offered the Blue Jackets a five-asset package including Brandon Dubinsky, 21-year-old top defense prospect Tim Erixon, highly regarded 2011 first-round draft choice J.T. Miller and 2010 second-round pick Christian Thomas, along with a 2012 first-round selection in order to make it happen as yesterday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline approached."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...75OeX2AgKq0U3K

JT and CT became AA, which makes sense since such a huge roster turnover mid-season would've been nuts.
wouldn't put to much stock into Larry E. Brooks writes

(E stands for Eklund)

Rangers management team commented that Howson wanted three roster players plus a prospect and a 1st for Nash.

The speculation was that they wanted Kreider and the Rangers countering with two roster players, Erixon and Thomas and the 1st.

regardless of what was initially asked for or offered, I don't blame either party for shooting high/low. It's how all deals get done.

Ask for the Sun, Moon and Stars. Settle for the Moon and the Stars.

Offer up the Sun, settle for the Moon and the Stars

Last edited by pld459666: 03-15-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old
03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
wouldn't put to much stock into Larry E. Brooks writes

(E stands for Eklund)
Still, I havent seen anything reliable where a package of Dubi, AA, Erixon, 1st, Thomas/Miller was available. If AA was on the table, I doubt it was with Miller and 1st being traded as well. Dont recall many offers even close to that anyways.

Either way I see it as losing Kreider to gain Anisimov at worst(debatable to CBJ fans right now), or at best losing Christian Thomas to get Anisimov.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:02 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
to CBJ: Gaborik

to NYR: Tyutin + 2nd round pick

The Rangers get d man to replace Staal, improve their PP, and shore up their back end while also gaining $3 million in cap flexibility to make more moves to upgrade their secondary scoring. Obviously, even if/when Staal comes back Toots would be better than Gilroy/Eminger/Hamrlik/Stralman/Bickel.

CBJ have been getting get solid goaltending and have plenty of D-men, but have no goal scoring. This gives them goal scoring for this year and next year, while getting new management out of a long-term contract.
The CBJ get screwed . Luck for the fans they fire Howard . Gabokrik while he can score , he is over paid and can be lazy . Plus with the cap going down a GM would just wait until he is an UFA . Gaborik is a cap dump at this point .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

We're definitely not going to trade Gaborik within the division

But if we do I want Prospal, Anisimov, and our 1st back

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:10 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
The CBJ get screwed . Luck for the fans they fire Howard . Gabokrik while he can score , he is over paid and can be lazy . Plus with the cap going down a GM would just wait until he is an UFA . Gaborik is a cap dump at this point .
Solid try, but a bit too obvious.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:12 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerboy030 View Post
Good, young roster player (24 or younger)
Top prospect
1st
That's literally the opposite of what the Rangers are looking for. They fancy themselves a cup contender, they aren't going to trade a great player for a top prospect and a first. That hurts their chances this year and next. The idea of them trading Gaborik was because he isn't producing right now, and they've replaced his offense with Nash and Hagelin and have other needs to address.

IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
That's literally the opposite of what the Rangers are looking for. They fancy themselves a cup contender, they aren't going to trade a great player for a top prospect and a first. That hurts their chances this year and next. The idea of them trading Gaborik was because he isn't producing right now, and they've replaced his offense with Nash and Hagelin and have other needs to address.
Correct. That's why they need a player + top prospect (who is very close to NHL ready) + a 1st to make sure they can continue to be good for an extended period of time.

Most teams are not 100% selling for the future or 100% buying for here and now.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:32 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Correct. That's why they need a player + top prospect (who is very close to NHL ready) + a 1st to make sure they can continue to be good for an extended period of time.

Most teams are not 100% selling for the future or 100% buying for here and now.

...LeBrun responded, “it was put to me this way by a couple of sources, I don’t think the Rangers are calling every team in the league and shopping Marian Gaborik, however, if they can get what they are looking for and use Gaborik to do it, they will.”

He added, “so he is available in my book. They are looking for a couple of bottom six forwards that can add more grit, maybe they should have kept Brandon Prust last summer. They are also looking for a top four defenseman who is a right handed shot. Those are a lot of things they are trying to get before April 3rd. Gaborik has one more year left on his deal at $7.5 million and that is a steep price.”

...SNY's article says "But if the Rangers feel as if they need to regain the depth they let go in free agency and dealt in the offseason for Rick Nash, a Gaborik deal would almost certainly bring back pieces to fit into those roles."

...The same day The Record's Andrew Gross wrote that Gaborik doesn't fit into the team and that a "divorce" will come at some point, ESPN.com's Craig Custance (subscription only) focused on the forward's struggles.

These are some of the reports out there. The price has been reported to involve a top 4 defensmen (which Tyutin is) along with trying to replace depth and secondary scoring forwards. It's not me making this up.

The Rangers are not looking to trade Gaborik for picks and prospects. I went by what was actually reported and suggested a defensman along with some of those types of forwards along with what the reports said they were looking for. Your idea that they are looking for a 1st and a young roster player goes against everything that is being reported

Old
03-15-2013, 12:32 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Good young roster player.......that's why that's in there.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:42 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Good young roster player.......that's why that's in there.
What part of "They are looking for a couple of bottom six forwards that can add more grit, maybe they should have kept Brandon Prust last summer. They are also looking for a top four defenseman who is a right handed shot. Those are a lot of things they are trying to get before April 3rd. Gaborik has one more year left on his deal at $7.5 million and that is a steep price.” translates to good young roster player + 1st + prospect?

It was reported they want a top 4 defensman and solid depth forwards. Tytuin is a top 4 defesnman and then I mentioned Chris Stewart or RJ Umberger as the type of forward they are looking for. This also fits the reports mentioning depth forwards that are more gritty/physical

Old
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
What part of "They are looking for a couple of bottom six forwards that can add more grit, maybe they should have kept Brandon Prust last summer. They are also looking for a top four defenseman who is a right handed shot. Those are a lot of things they are trying to get before April 3rd. Gaborik has one more year left on his deal at $7.5 million and that is a steep price.” translates to good young roster player + 1st + prospect?

It was reported they want a top 4 defensman and solid depth forwards. Tytuin is a top 4 defesnman and then I mentioned Chris Stewart or RJ Umberger as the type of forward they are looking for. This also fits the reports mentioning depth forwards that are more gritty/physical
I guess i misunderstood what you were saying.

I think they'd want at least

Good Replacement for Gaborik (Obviously not at that level)
Top Prospect/Either NHL or near the NHL
1st

I think we're on the same page.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Yet, you wound up taking less in the summer than what was offered in February.

And those (Feb proposals) were the proposals that you deemed to be bad.

interesting.
That's not true

Old
03-15-2013, 01:26 PM
CBJ All The Way

id take it as a jackets fan

CBJ All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Proves one more time how Tyutin is underrated. I get the Gaborik hype, but he's a pending UFA, how is he worth a #1 defence-man under contract until 2019 and a 2nd rounder ?
Its more how people on this board like to rob small city teams of their young stud players for aging has beens.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:03 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Proves one more time how Tyutin is underrated. I get the Gaborik hype, but he's a pending UFA, how is he worth a #1 defence-man under contract until 2019 and a 2nd rounder ?
Do you have any clue what a pending ufa is?

Gaborik has another full year after this season on his contract.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:03 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Its more how people on this board like to rob small city teams of their young stud players for aging has beens.
That has been is 31 and was 3rd in NHL scoring last season.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:07 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
The Rangers aren't looking for young stud players nor do they expect them in return - according to everything that is actually being reported. Again, Lebrun said they want a top 4 d-man and are looking to upgrade their role players. They also understand a $7.5 cap hit is difficult to move in season.

So Ranger fans idea of first + prospect + young studs goes against the current market, goes against the Rangers current needs, and goes against what has been reported as far as what the Rangers are looking for.