HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

NICK DIAZ vs GSP UFC 158

Old
03-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Bloumeister
Weakileaks source

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Agreed.
I doubt Diaz will give us the pleasure of retiring. He seems too dumb to earn a living otherwise...
This.

A few puffs and back to Earth he is

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Peace

If GSP can survive the first 2 rounds against Hendricks, I see no reasons why he should lose. What I find funny is that analysts always call GSP's opponent as ground artists, good from their back and good wrestlers etc etc. Yet everytime GSP fights, he makes his opponents look like 12 years old children on the ground. I guess GSP is just TOO good at that position. They say Hendricks is a good wrestler, but no way he can outwrestle GSP, the guy's just too good on the ground, he'll tire hendricks in 2 rounds. The only way I see Hendrick win is a left hand, wich is his weapon, but GSP is is not Carlos Condit, he doesnt have the same stance on his feet than Carlos, he wont be able to charge him like he did against Carlos. But you never know, Hendricks left hand scares me a bit

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SB164

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Georges St-Pierre recorded his 18th career UFC win, tied with Matt Hughes for most in UFC history

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dagistitsyn

Meh. Another typical pretty boring decision from GSP.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Asamu

Good fight from GSP and very classy at the end. Diaz, on the other hand, didn't seem to be at ease on the floor and should have prepared himself way more before fighting George.

He said that he didn't expect George to throw him on the floor that much but that's GSP's way of fighting and you have be prepared for it if you're taller and have more reach than your opponent.

The 2 previous fights with Hendricks and Ring were amazing. Henricks has the potential for being a contender.

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Patrice Bernier ‏@pbernier10

Les #Habs gagnent, #Imfc remporte son match d'ouverture et @GeorgesStPierre conserve son titre. Belle journée pour Montréal et le Québec.
Everybody forgets Côté, who was a beast in one hell of a manfight. And then he came back to commentate on the last 2 fights.

Poor guy

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Kershaw

I can say I witness live ****.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:12 AM
kassian

Diaz is just like the Bruins; a bully, dirty, whines to the media and can't take a loss like a man.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

I honestly wonder who will last longer, GSP or the UFC?

What happens when god puts together a geek who gets bullied at school, gives him perfect genes, a will to fight and train like no one ever and the best knowledge of all around martial skills... GSP

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Diaz is just like the Bruins; a bully, dirty, whines to the media and can't take a loss like a man.
Today's boston herald headliner : Julien calls GSP's embelishment

Eidit : Is there a boston herald? lol

Old
03-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Beatle17

GSP is too good. A lot of fighters come in with big hype about their punching power (Hardy, Condit), superior wrestling skills (All Americans like Koschek, Hughes) and supposed super skills at MMA (***** Penn) and they all get beat bad. GSP just has the ability and skill to take away what they do, because he is at least as good or better and has the ability to use all types of fighting which none of them do.

Hendricks is the next one, commenting on his power and All American Wrestling skills (which he never uses - he just runs around throwing left hands). What happens the first time he charges in and GSP puts him on his back? He will give up like all of the other fighters.

It's MMA for a reason. The best fighter at using all of the skills will win.

Beatle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:20 AM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Hendricks will be interesting because he's got the heavy hands and is a two time national champion in wrestling.
Yeah but after tonight's fight I think he might need better stamina for a 5 rounder. There's time for preparing at least.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:22 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
That's what those who don't understand MMA always say. "He didn't make his eyes fall out of its sockets and he didn't break his jaw! BORING!"

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Slack
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
If GSP can survive the first 2 rounds against Hendricks, I see no reasons why he should lose. What I find funny is that analysts always call GSP's opponent as ground artists, good from their back and good wrestlers etc etc. Yet everytime GSP fights, he makes his opponents look like 12 years old children on the ground. I guess GSP is just TOO good at that position. They say Hendricks is a good wrestler, but no way he can outwrestle GSP, the guy's just too good on the ground, he'll tire hendricks in 2 rounds. The only way I see Hendrick win is a left hand, wich is his weapon, but GSP is is not Carlos Condit, he doesnt have the same stance on his feet than Carlos, he wont be able to charge him like he did against Carlos. But you never know, Hendricks left hand scares me a bit
It's an interesting one. It's true that a lot of his opponents have gotten credit for their groundwork (probably to make fights seem tighter) but I think in the case of Hendricks he really is very strong on the ground. That should make for an interesting fight, as well as that deadly left. But all around GSP cannot be bested, he's so well-rounded, and really the smartest MMA fighter around.

Slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle17 View Post
GSP is too good. A lot of fighters come in with big hype about their punching power (Hardy, Condit), superior wrestling skills (All Americans like Koschek, Hughes) and supposed super skills at MMA (***** Penn) and they all get beat bad. GSP just has the ability and skill to take away what they do, because he is at least as good or better and has the ability to use all types of fighting which none of them do.

Hendricks is the next one, commenting on his power and All American Wrestling skills (which he never uses - he just runs around throwing left hands). What happens the first time he charges in and GSP puts him on his back? He will give up like all of the other fighters.

It's MMA for a reason. The best fighter at using all of the skills will win.
agreed. i've never seen anything like GSP on the ground. He just devours guys, overwhelms them, opens them up and hammers them. he's literally a human boa constrictor

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:26 AM
kassian

Quote:
Today's boston herald headliner : Julien calls GSP's embelishment

Eidit : Is there a boston herald? lol
There is indeed (not that I care about Boston media )

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
agreed. i've never seen anything like GSP on the ground. He just devours guys, overwhelms them, opens them up and hammers them. he's literally a human boa constrictor
Even in his debuts with TKO, his wrestling skills outmatched everyone. I remember Stéphane Patry telling Chartrand to watch his ground skills, that he was outstanding. He's like 100x better now than he was back then, and he was already outmatching his opponents

Old
03-17-2013, 12:27 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post

It doesnt have to be a huge knockout or a great sub to be an exciting fight. Maybe you should watch more UFC so you can really learn what kind of total domination tonight was.

I mean GSP always fights the #1 contender and makes them look totally feeble. Sure once and a while it would be nice for him to lay someone out. but fights like tonight are just as dominating.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Slack
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Those elbows, man.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Even in his debuts with TKO, his wrestling skills outmatched everyone. I remember Stéphane Patry telling Chartrand to watch his ground skills, that he was outstanding. He's like 100x better now than he was back then, and he was already outmatching his opponents
who fought GSP in his previous fight? it was a bloodbath - and the guy caught him a leg kick and almost knocked him out? point is Hendricks has one chance and that's if he catches GSP with a left -- otherwise he will get dominated on the canvas

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
Those elbows, man.
His elbows were more effective against Condit tho. Diaz had a way to duck his head behind GSP's left arm to avoid some of the damage. The only credit I give Diaz in this fight is he was able not to get his face destroyed...I guess that was his game plan.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Mathieu Darche ‏@matdarche52

Diaz can't even give GSP any credit! Still a bum. Classy GSP again. What an athlete and competitor. #unbelievable
Darchey trying to get a job or what?

Typical Darche.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Darchey trying to get a job or what?

Typical Darche.
Lol poor Darche, he wasnt that bad with the habs...he was sometimes effective defensively

Old
03-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Carey Cost*

vCash:
I dont watch mma and i'm not a Diaz fan.
This is what i thought of the fight.
I think GSP got more beating than he planned to receive. I think Diaz could have won this if MMA had more rounds.
GSP is very strong with his technique but I think he will lose if he gets to fight some one physically stronger than him. GSP can't fight while standing.
And last thing I find GSP lacks endurance.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:42 AM
Slack
Custom User Title

Quote:
His elbows were more effective against Condit tho. Diaz had a way to duck his head behind GSP's left arm to avoid some of the damage. The only credit I give Diaz in this fight is he was able not to get his face destroyed...I guess that was his game plan.
That was really the only thing he was halfway effective with -- avoiding/minimizing damage. Other than that just nothing.