HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

NICK DIAZ vs GSP UFC 158

Old
03-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
I dont watch mma and i'm not a Diaz fan.
This is what i thought of the fight.
I think GSP got more beating than he planned to receive. I think Diaz could have won this if MMA had more rounds.
GSP is very strong with his technique but I think he will lose if he gets to fight some one physically stronger than him. GSP can't fight while standing.
And last thing I find GSP lacks endurance.
GSP was laying everything he had on Diaz at the end of the 5th round and Diaz was in a position he had never been in his professional career, eventually GSP would of knocked him out.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Slack
Custom User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
I think GSP got more beating than he planned to receive. I think Diaz could have won this if MMA had more rounds.
GSP is very strong with his technique but I think he will lose if he gets to fight some one physically stronger than him. GSP can't fight while standing.

And that endurance thing isn't true at all.

Slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Peace

Quote:
GSP got more beating than he planned to? Diaz landed some good punches only in the third, for a 20 seconds span. Thats were he got his broken nose. Other than that GSP dominated UP and DOWN. I think some people expect GSP to bloody his opponents faces too much, he sometimes does, but he's not a brawler.

GSP lacks endurance? DIaz looked more tired to me after the fight

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:46 AM
BobbyFischer*

Diaz looked so skinny with zero muscle of course GSP dominated him on the ground.. lame

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

There's a reason why GSP doesn't fight like he used to at the beginning of his career and that since he regain his belt he only has had 3 stoppage.

GSP knows that to win fights you can't let your emotions take over and that as much as you want to get the big highlight you can't put in vulnerable spot and jeopardize your chances of winning the fight. I'm pretty sure that on many occasions tonight he could lashed out at Diaz when they were standing up, but he simply didn't need that to win his fight. That's what he learned from losing to Matt Serra.

This is the same GSP we have today.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 03-17-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old
03-17-2013, 12:57 AM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

I missed the whole thing. I saw a highlight here and there and closing interview but I'm more curious about the condit fight.

Was it close? I really appreciated condit's class vs GSP last time and although he lost, I always though he was a versatile guy so wondering how that played out until I can find a replay somewhere.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:00 AM
PATCHESx67

Condit vs Hendricks was the fight to watch

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:10 AM
KPower

Leaf fan here and congrats to the champ.

Great win by a classy guy.

KPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I missed the whole thing. I saw a highlight here and there and closing interview but I'm more curious about the condit fight.

Was it close? I really appreciated condit's class vs GSP last time and although he lost, I always though he was a versatile guy so wondering how that played out until I can find a replay somewhere.
It was an amazing fight, if it had been 5 rounds Condit would of won. He had given more damage by the end of the 3rd round than Hendricks but he had 12 take-downs that he never really did anything damaging. All the judges had the fight 29-28 it should of been a split decision imo.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:25 AM
No More Subban

now diaz thinks he can beat anderson silva..

No More Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
GSP got more beating than he planned to? Diaz landed some good punches only in the third, for a 20 seconds span. Thats were he got his broken nose. Other than that GSP dominated UP and DOWN. I think some people expect GSP to bloody his opponents faces too much, he sometimes does, but he's not a brawler.

GSP lacks endurance? DIaz looked more tired to me after the fight
Well because GSP is stronger than DIaz, holding him on the ground would cost him less energy than fighting him while standing. You could clearly see that GSP was losing more energy while up. DIaz was clearly a better boxer than GSP. I think if they started Boxing from round 1 GSP would have lost this battle.

The only reason GSP went down is to save as much enegry as possible and weaken DIaz as much as possible. For the 2 first rounds Diaz did nothing, he was receiving all the beating.

Than on the third round because GSP got tired DIaz was able to avoid going on the floor and managed to deliver some solid punches.

GSP did most of the dangerous dmg while down.
I understand it was the strategy and it worked.

Carey Cost* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Andros777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
now diaz thinks he can beat anderson silva..
I think he could do better than most.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

He outlanded Diaz on the ground and standing up.

In fact GSP landed more strikes than Diaz was able to attempt.

Out of 25mins they spent 13mins standing up.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 03-17-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old
03-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/St-Pierre-Diaz.swf

Old
03-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:

GSP gave a boxing lesson to Koscheck and an endurance lesson to BJ Penn. He does what he needs to do to win.

He's very good at almost everything. Diaz is amazing at boxing and GSP was very close to him at it. He took it to wrestling because it made it a very easy win for him. It will take someone as complete as him to beat him.

-------

The ''boring'' argument s a total non issue for me, win is all that mather. No one ever question the Devils's Stanley cup wins just because they were not entertaining.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:32 AM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

GSP seemed more shaky that he usualy is after this fight. You could see his face, I don't know if he was pissed off or whatever but i''m not used to see him that way. I wonder if he's going to retire?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:45 AM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
GSP gave a boxing lesson to Koscheck and an endurance lesson to BJ Penn. He does what he needs to do to win.

He's very good at almost everything. Diaz is amazing at boxing and GSP was very close to him at it. He took it to wrestling because it made it a very easy win for him. It will take someone as complete as him to beat him.

-------

The ''boring'' argument s a total non issue for me, win is all that mather. No one ever question the Devils's Stanley cup wins just because they were not entertaining.
actually people ragged on them non stop for playing a boring style, I never understood it personally, smart = boring I guess that's the way stupid people think

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
GSP seemed more shaky that he usualy is after this fight. You could see his face, I don't know if he was pissed off or whatever but i''m not used to see him that way. I wonder if he's going to retire?
From what I understood, he accepted a fight with Kendricks. When he'll be ready to retire he'll try to fight Silva, hoping the age difference will make up for the huge size difference he'll have to overcome.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:52 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

After all the trash talk, after the gruesome fight, GSP gives credit to Diaz for being a good fighter ON MIKE in the Bell Center.
The epitome of class. We are witnessing something big guys.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:52 AM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
From what I understood, he accepted a fight with Kendricks. When he'll be ready to retire he'll try to fight Silva, hoping the age difference will make up for the huge size difference he'll have to overcome.
I watched the post fight press conference he made a comment that I just got hit in the head and now i'm trying to answer all these questions i don't know what's going on and everyone was laughing. Then at the end Nick Diaz finally showed up complained about everything, even said I have never paid taxes i'll prob go to jail for saying that but what can I do, I never graduated high school, called himself a kid, talked some more smack about gsp and hendrixs being wrestlers not fighters. Hendrixs was sitting right next to him shaking his head it was hilarous how stupid diaz was. He blamed the time change, a bad stomach, poor training cause his own team didn't wanna help him. He said i'll sit up here all night and make up excuses i'll talk **** all night long. He then asked for a gsp rematch and said he'd beat him, then he asked for a match against anderson silva, it was truly bizare.

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:55 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
GSP hasn't been the same since his knee went out.

I called this one a while back, I knew it would go all the way with GSP getting the decision. Gotta hand it to Diaz though, he's one stubborn *****.

You're right about the endurance. GSP was starting to show it at the end of round 4. Diaz has arguably the best cardio in the UFC. The UFC isn't really suited to his style though, he's definitely more of an endurance fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
For me, this bout should go to the end, with GSP getting the decision.

Georges doesn't seem as hungry anymore though, we'll see what happens.

Last edited by bib: 03-18-2013 at 01:49 AM.
bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

"Il y a des choses que je peux pas dire, le combat est fini... c'était très glissant disons, très glissant. [wink]"

("There are things I can't say, the fight is over... lets just say it was very slippery.")

"Je suis désolé... je me suis levé ce matin, j'ai mal à la tête, je me sens un petit peu faible. Je ne sais pas si je fais de la fièvre là."

("I'm sorry... I woke up this morning and had a headache; I feel a bit weak. I wonder if I'm having a fever right now.")

http://tvasports.ca/videos/video-gsp-fait-le-point

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Bieber fever

Diaz is stupid srs I dont blame him , he's just not intelligent

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Hades

Good fight for GSP. I actually kind of feel bad for Diaz. I don't like the guy and thought he got what he deserved, but he just seems like a lost kid who needs direction. I watched the post-fight interview and it kind of looked like the guy had some issues he had to sort out before he got back to fighting. He doesn't seem like he has a good entourage.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:54 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 160
Diaz already back at it.GSP hit like a girl, is only a wrestler etc etc.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote