HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose EJ Thread *Read Mod Warning # 1 & 34*

Old
04-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Suter plays with Jonas Brodin and not Spurgeon as was already pointed out and Brodin is playing apsolutely briliant, he looks like a seasoned veteran out there. And btw I always claimed Suter was the best defenseman on the Preds, it's just that people were blinded by all the flash provided by Weber compared to steady level of play shown by Suter, you could say Suter was Robin to Weber's Batman.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Nihiliste

vCash: 500
I still can't believe we missed out both Brodin and Tarasenko by one draft position

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I still can't believe we missed out both Brodin and Tarasenko by one draft position
The Avs ( Lacroix) dont seem to want many swedes or russians (insert ROR joke here) on the team. Before landeskog who was the last swede we drafted? Who was the last Russian we drafted? Denis Parshin? Sergei Soin?

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
The Avs ( Lacroix) dont seem to want many swedes or russians (insert ROR joke here) on the team. Before landeskog who was the last swede we drafted? Who was the last Russian we drafted? Denis Parshin? Sergei Soin?
Well in 2011 we drafted Landy and Nermark both Swedes
2010 drafted a Finn in Aitto
2008 drafted Holos a Norwegian
2007 drafted Hellgren and Alcen both Swedes

So the Avs basically draft 1 or so Euros a year. If we have all 7 picks I would prefer to draft 2 Euros a year, especially now that their rights are held longer.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:30 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Well in 2011 we drafted Landy and Nermark both Swedes
2010 drafted a Finn in Aitto
2008 drafted Holos a Norwegian
2007 drafted Hellgren and Alcen both Swedes

So the Avs basically draft 1 or so Euros a year. If we have all 7 picks I would prefer to draft 2 Euros a year, especially now that their rights are held longer.
We avoid russians like the plague though haha.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:42 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
We avoid russians like the plague though haha.
That's the case for a lot of teams though.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
That's the case for a lot of teams though.
It also sets up some teams for hitting homeruns (Tarasenko, possibly Kuznetzov and Nichushkin in the future) if they are less risk averse. It makes for interesting drafts.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:47 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
it's takes him 75-77 games to score 26-39 pts.
he's played in 30 this season. some of which he was hurt in.
didn't really expect to score more than 25 this season either way.
He is on pace for 11 points over an 82 games. That's pretty weak even if you admit that he might have played a couple of games hurt.

I still have hope that he will be back at a 25-30 point pace next season again. But this year, was a disappointment.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:54 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
He is on pace for 11 points over an 82 games. That's pretty weak even if you admit that he might have played a couple of games hurt.

I still have hope that he will be back at a 25-30 point pace next season again. But this year, was a disappointment.
But you said he's a bust, so which one is it?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Avs71

Quote:

This should be the shared opinion of all Avs fans.

Abysmal season (for various reasons). Little reason to think he won't at least return to last season's form next season.

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:01 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H
Yeah a team currently in it's 3 year of a rebuild, I did expect better results for this year, but I am totally not surprised about it. You are mistaken if you think we are playoff contenders.

Lol, the whole last two months you have been here, you make all these wild pessimistic views and when someone disagrees with you, all you say is "your opinion doesn't matter anyway".
-10 Respect from me.

Tell me other "bad press" stories the team has gotten the last 2-3 years, Dater?
Come on Greg, the reason i said your argument didn't matter, it's because you were actually helping my case, and again in your last post.

I don't think we are playoff contenders, and that was exactly one of my reasons as to why i felt guys like Scuderi and Streit would choose other teams.

And about the "bad press", i can thing of the ROR fiasco, the Anderson novel, the bashing of Papa Stastny and more recently the Vegas story. But where those are considered "bad press" it's up for debate.

Sorry if my "your argument doesn't matter" line came off wrong. Obviously as much as i may disagree with you or anybody else, every opinion and every argument matters in a discussion forum. Didn't mean to disrespect you.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:03 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
But you said he's a bust, so which one is it?
Are you referring to the post where i said "EJ is a bust and Jones is the next Lidstrom"? If so, i deserve the blame, i forgot to add the .

Old
04-16-2013, 02:06 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Come on Greg, the reason i said your argument didn't matter, it's because you were actually helping my case, and again in your last post.

I don't think we are playoff contenders, and that was exactly one of my reasons as to why i felt guys like Scuderi and Streit would choose other teams.

And about the "bad press", i can thing of the ROR fiasco, the Anderson novel, the bashing of Papa Stastny and more recently the Vegas story. But where those are considered "bad press" it's up for debate.

Sorry if my "your argument doesn't matter" line came off wrong. Obviously as much as i may disagree with you or anybody else, every opinion and every argument matters in a discussion forum. Didn't mean to disrespect you.
When the Avs are actually playing a full 60 minutes, we can compete with the best. Scuderi just won a cup and will be going after money.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
This should be the shared opinion of all Avs fans.

Abysmal season (for various reasons). Little reason to think he won't at least return to last season's form next season.
What reason do you have that would make you think he will?

I'm not leaning either way. Just wondering.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:10 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
When the Avs are actually playing a full 60 minutes, we can compete with the best. Scuderi just won a cup and will be going after money.
I said exactly that in another thread.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
What reason do you have that would make you think he will?

I'm not leaning either way. Just wondering.
1) He clearly has the talent for it.
2) He has suffered no major debilitating injury this season that will hamper him in the future.
3) 4/5 of his seasons prorate to atleast 29 points. (Ranging from 29-40)
4) I know everyone is in the same boat with the shortened season, but I think not playing during the lockout hurt his game. Then he was finally getting into shape and he gets a concussion, then he finally starts getting in shape after his concussion and he hurts his wrist. It's just been a really bad season where it's like he is starting from day 1 almost every single game.
5) He'll have more help on the powerplay (either be back on the first unit, or have Elliott/Barrie hopefully with him on the 2nd).
6) Lastly, the same thing I said about Duchene. I think the off-season will refocus him. He seems like a pretty competitive guy, and I'm sure no one will be more let down by this season than him.

The only real reason I couldn't see him doing it is if A) he doesn't really rebound mentally from this season or B) He doesn't see powerplay time with Elliott and Barrie here.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:27 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
The only real reason I couldn't see him doing it is if A) he doesn't really rebound mentally from this season or B) He doesn't see powerplay time with Elliott and Barrie here.
since all three defensemen are RH shots, I doubt they'll get PP time together unless one is used as a forward

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
since all three defensemen are RH shots, I doubt they'll get PP time together unless one is used as a forward
If Barrie is the first unit guy, I think a Johnson-Elliott pairing would work pretty nice on the second unit. It'll either give space to Elliott to get his wrist shot off from that right side, or it'll give Johnson space to hit a one timer.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:31 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Don't worry Sacco will implement the 5 defensemen PP unit.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:31 PM
The Kingslayer

I watch his clips from his time in STL seriously what the hell happened? he shot the puck AND it hit the net. Johnson all of a sudden cant get pucks to the net? Wat happened. Johnson also does this weird thing when he carries the puck. He seems to skate his way out of a good spot and opts for a terrible angle when he shoots. its almost like a "fade away" of sorts where he drifts to his right and then releases a weak wrist shot. Im really hopeing he works on his skating a bit more this offseason and really works on his shooting. Call up Raymond Bourque he can give a few tips

Old
04-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Quote:
It almost seems like Avs are using two different PP setups lately. The first one is more of an umbrella with Barrie on the point. Duchene occasionally drifts back to the point but seems to have freedom to go where he wants.

The second (lately) has had Hunwick/O'Reilly + Elliott on the point in a more standard PP setup.

I really only see one place for EJ on the PP. That's on the left point taking shots. If you're not going to use him there, you might as well keep him off the PP.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:56 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It almost seems like Avs are using two different PP setups lately. The first one is more of an umbrella with Barrie on the point. Duchene occasionally drifts back to the point but seems to have freedom to go where he wants.

The second (lately) has had Hunwick/O'Reilly + Elliott on the point in a more standard PP setup.

I really only see one place for EJ on the PP. That's on the left point taking shots. If you're not going to use him there, you might as well keep him off the PP.
Until he learns how to get shots through i dont want him on the PP at all sadly.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Until he learns how to get shots through i dont want him on the PP at all sadly.
The whole "Johnson can't get shots through" meme is way over blown around here. Everyone just looks for it to point it out and be arm chair coaches.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
Quote:
How do you expect him to learn to get shots through, if you don't have him on the PP at all?

04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
How do you expect him to learn to get shots through, if you don't have him on the PP at all?
Maybe he is also struggling in practices?