HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose EJ Thread *Read Mod Warning # 1 & 34*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2013, 09:54 AM
  #251
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 14,133
vCash: 900
Suter plays with Jonas Brodin and not Spurgeon as was already pointed out and Brodin is playing apsolutely briliant, he looks like a seasoned veteran out there. And btw I always claimed Suter was the best defenseman on the Preds, it's just that people were blinded by all the flash provided by Weber compared to steady level of play shown by Suter, you could say Suter was Robin to Weber's Batman.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:23 AM
  #252
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,984
vCash: 500
I still can't believe we missed out both Brodin and Tarasenko by one draft position

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
  #253
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,302
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I still can't believe we missed out both Brodin and Tarasenko by one draft position
The Avs ( Lacroix) dont seem to want many swedes or russians (insert ROR joke here) on the team. Before landeskog who was the last swede we drafted? Who was the last Russian we drafted? Denis Parshin? Sergei Soin?

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
  #254
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
The Avs ( Lacroix) dont seem to want many swedes or russians (insert ROR joke here) on the team. Before landeskog who was the last swede we drafted? Who was the last Russian we drafted? Denis Parshin? Sergei Soin?
Well in 2011 we drafted Landy and Nermark both Swedes
2010 drafted a Finn in Aitto
2008 drafted Holos a Norwegian
2007 drafted Hellgren and Alcen both Swedes

So the Avs basically draft 1 or so Euros a year. If we have all 7 picks I would prefer to draft 2 Euros a year, especially now that their rights are held longer.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:30 PM
  #255
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,302
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Well in 2011 we drafted Landy and Nermark both Swedes
2010 drafted a Finn in Aitto
2008 drafted Holos a Norwegian
2007 drafted Hellgren and Alcen both Swedes

So the Avs basically draft 1 or so Euros a year. If we have all 7 picks I would prefer to draft 2 Euros a year, especially now that their rights are held longer.
We avoid russians like the plague though haha.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:42 PM
  #256
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 42,858
vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
We avoid russians like the plague though haha.
That's the case for a lot of teams though.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:45 PM
  #257
Freudian
Slightly overpaid
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 34,412
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
That's the case for a lot of teams though.
It also sets up some teams for hitting homeruns (Tarasenko, possibly Kuznetzov and Nichushkin in the future) if they are less risk averse. It makes for interesting drafts.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:47 PM
  #258
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
it's takes him 75-77 games to score 26-39 pts.
he's played in 30 this season. some of which he was hurt in.
didn't really expect to score more than 25 this season either way.
He is on pace for 11 points over an 82 games. That's pretty weak even if you admit that he might have played a couple of games hurt.

I still have hope that he will be back at a 25-30 point pace next season again. But this year, was a disappointment.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:54 PM
  #259
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
He is on pace for 11 points over an 82 games. That's pretty weak even if you admit that he might have played a couple of games hurt.

I still have hope that he will be back at a 25-30 point pace next season again. But this year, was a disappointment.
But you said he's a bust, so which one is it?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:59 PM
  #260
Avs71
Registered User
 
Avs71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
He is on pace for 11 points over an 82 games. That's pretty weak even if you admit that he might have played a couple of games hurt.

I still have hope that he will be back at a 25-30 point pace next season again. But this year, was a disappointment.
This should be the shared opinion of all Avs fans.

Abysmal season (for various reasons). Little reason to think he won't at least return to last season's form next season.

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:01 PM
  #261
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H
Yeah a team currently in it's 3 year of a rebuild, I did expect better results for this year, but I am totally not surprised about it. You are mistaken if you think we are playoff contenders.

Lol, the whole last two months you have been here, you make all these wild pessimistic views and when someone disagrees with you, all you say is "your opinion doesn't matter anyway".
-10 Respect from me.

Tell me other "bad press" stories the team has gotten the last 2-3 years, Dater?
Come on Greg, the reason i said your argument didn't matter, it's because you were actually helping my case, and again in your last post.

I don't think we are playoff contenders, and that was exactly one of my reasons as to why i felt guys like Scuderi and Streit would choose other teams.

And about the "bad press", i can thing of the ROR fiasco, the Anderson novel, the bashing of Papa Stastny and more recently the Vegas story. But where those are considered "bad press" it's up for debate.

Sorry if my "your argument doesn't matter" line came off wrong. Obviously as much as i may disagree with you or anybody else, every opinion and every argument matters in a discussion forum. Didn't mean to disrespect you.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:03 PM
  #262
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
But you said he's a bust, so which one is it?
Are you referring to the post where i said "EJ is a bust and Jones is the next Lidstrom"? If so, i deserve the blame, i forgot to add the .

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:06 PM
  #263
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
Come on Greg, the reason i said your argument didn't matter, it's because you were actually helping my case, and again in your last post.

I don't think we are playoff contenders, and that was exactly one of my reasons as to why i felt guys like Scuderi and Streit would choose other teams.

And about the "bad press", i can thing of the ROR fiasco, the Anderson novel, the bashing of Papa Stastny and more recently the Vegas story. But where those are considered "bad press" it's up for debate.

Sorry if my "your argument doesn't matter" line came off wrong. Obviously as much as i may disagree with you or anybody else, every opinion and every argument matters in a discussion forum. Didn't mean to disrespect you.
When the Avs are actually playing a full 60 minutes, we can compete with the best. Scuderi just won a cup and will be going after money.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
  #264
ABasin
Crow is yummy
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
This should be the shared opinion of all Avs fans.

Abysmal season (for various reasons). Little reason to think he won't at least return to last season's form next season.
What reason do you have that would make you think he will?

I'm not leaning either way. Just wondering.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:10 PM
  #265
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
When the Avs are actually playing a full 60 minutes, we can compete with the best. Scuderi just won a cup and will be going after money.
I said exactly that in another thread.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
  #266
Avs71
Registered User
 
Avs71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
What reason do you have that would make you think he will?

I'm not leaning either way. Just wondering.
1) He clearly has the talent for it.
2) He has suffered no major debilitating injury this season that will hamper him in the future.
3) 4/5 of his seasons prorate to atleast 29 points. (Ranging from 29-40)
4) I know everyone is in the same boat with the shortened season, but I think not playing during the lockout hurt his game. Then he was finally getting into shape and he gets a concussion, then he finally starts getting in shape after his concussion and he hurts his wrist. It's just been a really bad season where it's like he is starting from day 1 almost every single game.
5) He'll have more help on the powerplay (either be back on the first unit, or have Elliott/Barrie hopefully with him on the 2nd).
6) Lastly, the same thing I said about Duchene. I think the off-season will refocus him. He seems like a pretty competitive guy, and I'm sure no one will be more let down by this season than him.

The only real reason I couldn't see him doing it is if A) he doesn't really rebound mentally from this season or B) He doesn't see powerplay time with Elliott and Barrie here.

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:27 PM
  #267
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
The only real reason I couldn't see him doing it is if A) he doesn't really rebound mentally from this season or B) He doesn't see powerplay time with Elliott and Barrie here.
since all three defensemen are RH shots, I doubt they'll get PP time together unless one is used as a forward

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
  #268
Avs71
Registered User
 
Avs71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
since all three defensemen are RH shots, I doubt they'll get PP time together unless one is used as a forward
If Barrie is the first unit guy, I think a Johnson-Elliott pairing would work pretty nice on the second unit. It'll either give space to Elliott to get his wrist shot off from that right side, or it'll give Johnson space to hit a one timer.

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:31 PM
  #269
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
since all three defensemen are RH shots, I doubt they'll get PP time together unless one is used as a forward
Don't worry Sacco will implement the 5 defensemen PP unit.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:31 PM
  #270
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,302
vCash: 50
I watch his clips from his time in STL seriously what the hell happened? he shot the puck AND it hit the net. Johnson all of a sudden cant get pucks to the net? Wat happened. Johnson also does this weird thing when he carries the puck. He seems to skate his way out of a good spot and opts for a terrible angle when he shoots. its almost like a "fade away" of sorts where he drifts to his right and then releases a weak wrist shot. Im really hopeing he works on his skating a bit more this offseason and really works on his shooting. Call up Raymond Bourque he can give a few tips

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:34 PM
  #271
Freudian
Slightly overpaid
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 34,412
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
since all three defensemen are RH shots, I doubt they'll get PP time together unless one is used as a forward
It almost seems like Avs are using two different PP setups lately. The first one is more of an umbrella with Barrie on the point. Duchene occasionally drifts back to the point but seems to have freedom to go where he wants.

The second (lately) has had Hunwick/O'Reilly + Elliott on the point in a more standard PP setup.

I really only see one place for EJ on the PP. That's on the left point taking shots. If you're not going to use him there, you might as well keep him off the PP.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:56 PM
  #272
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,302
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It almost seems like Avs are using two different PP setups lately. The first one is more of an umbrella with Barrie on the point. Duchene occasionally drifts back to the point but seems to have freedom to go where he wants.

The second (lately) has had Hunwick/O'Reilly + Elliott on the point in a more standard PP setup.

I really only see one place for EJ on the PP. That's on the left point taking shots. If you're not going to use him there, you might as well keep him off the PP.
Until he learns how to get shots through i dont want him on the PP at all sadly.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:26 PM
  #273
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Until he learns how to get shots through i dont want him on the PP at all sadly.
The whole "Johnson can't get shots through" meme is way over blown around here. Everyone just looks for it to point it out and be arm chair coaches.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:27 PM
  #274
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Infer-Action!!!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 14,662
vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Until he learns how to get shots through i dont want him on the PP at all sadly.
How do you expect him to learn to get shots through, if you don't have him on the PP at all?

__________________
I wanna slay my demons, but I got lots of them.
Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
  #275
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
How do you expect him to learn to get shots through, if you don't have him on the PP at all?
Maybe he is also struggling in practices?

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.