HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Third period Hockey

Old
03-15-2013, 09:13 AM
MSRinkRat

vCash: 500
Third period Hockey

Anyone else notice this is the only time we see the Kings actually play? Is there a reason for it or is it just randomness?

MSRinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:42 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSRinkRat View Post
Anyone else notice this is the only time we see the Kings actually play? Is there a reason for it or is it just randomness?
I think we all notice cause that's when we actually take the lead lol.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSRinkRat View Post
Because we're usually playing from behind and that's when we have to start to press? Best I can figure.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:35 AM
topliner967

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Because we're usually playing from behind and that's when we have to start to press? Best I can figure.
Yeah, this is the most likely reason. Fall behind in the 1st/2nd, team with the lead enters a bit more of a defensive posture, Kings needing to score and therefore goes on the offense even harder.

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Whiskeypete

i think it has a lot to do with the team's comfort level. a game or two ago they were interviewing Kopi and he talked about how they feel playing in tight games. he commented on how they don't feel any type of panic. how they as a team don't freak out when games are tight.

it wouldn't surprise me now if this has carried over to when they play from behind. now they know they can score. now they know they can beat anyone, when they step on the gas and put it together.

this isn't the same broken and dysfunctional TMu lead team that had to scrape and claw for two goals. this isn't the same team that had a major personality and identity crisis when it came to who the opponent is.

i seriously think they now have a mindset after winning last season they can push a button and take over when needed. and frankly, we've all seen it this season. this team now has an extra gear it can go to. a 6th gear, or an amp that goes to 11.

the downside is you won't always pull out a W, with this type of performance.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:04 PM
christhn

Based on that post about the extra gear, it sounds like they are just putting the amount effort needed to make it into the playoffs and then hopefully dominate again.

Wish they would just go to that extra gear in the first period to build a lead and then ease up on the pedal a bit then, instead of fighting back in the third.

christhn is offline   Reply With Quote