HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"Goal of the year" so far is...?

Old
03-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:38 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post

My vote. The perfect shift if you ask me.
I think Datsyuk is one of the most over-hyped players in the league, still, this is my pick.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:46 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Henrik's penalty shot tonight was a beauty....

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Assist of the year would be even more fun to:

Old
03-15-2013, 03:56 AM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

clear trip

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:57 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:

The Henrik pass was so intentional. Loved that one.

And the Kane pass was ****ing nice.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:01 AM
jaems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
The Henrik pass was so intentional. Loved that one.
Ron Babcock's face afterward was pretty funny.

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:02 AM
Nat

Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:03 AM
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent

vCash: 50
Hansen's goal tonight.

I dare you to try and keep an eye on the puck as it went in the net

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:05 AM
Lawzy

CoHo's goal is up there for me, but given the condition of Fehr's goal you can't help but applaud. Reminds me of that beauty goal Nash scored a few years ago with under 30 seconds remaining to take the lead.

Randomly offtopic but I like you jBuds. Quality threads and subjective comments. Keep it up.

Lawzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:07 AM
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawzy View Post
CoHo's goal is up there for me, but given the condition of Fehr's goal you can't help but applaud. Reminds me of that beauty goal Nash scored a few years ago with under 30 seconds remaining to take the lead.

Randomly offtopic but I like you jBuds. Quality threads and subjective comments. Keep it up.
Agreed.

But give use Cody back

Last edited by spiny norman: 03-15-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: [/B][/QUOTE]
Old
03-15-2013, 04:10 AM
Lawzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Ouellet View Post
Hansen's goal tonight.

I dare you to try and keep an eye on the puck as it went in the net

The way they described it on team 1040 confused the heck out of me so as soon as I got home during the intermission I tried to find some highlights of it.

I was more confused after I saw the video.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:16 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Dude, Minnesotans and Finns coming together finally. They are putting everyone on notice. That goal reminds me of Bergeron's tonight.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:26 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed.

But give use Cody back
Appreciate the kind words, guys, and right back at you both. As you could probably surmise with ease, I'm addicted to the sport - and love talking about it with knowledgeable people, like you two, who share our passion. With the exception of a rare few, it's what makes this site as addictive and pleasing as it is.

And as you can see by my lack of sleep, sometimes I get carried away

XO, we love CoHo in Buffalo and have long been yearning for a center of his kind, so I'm afraid I can't return him to 'Nuckland without serious pushback and/or assets coming back Buffalo's way! You'll get a good amount of worth out of BZK in due time; if not immediately, certainly as the years go by.

Not to totally derail, XO, but is he really that absent this year? I'd think he would still bring grit and intensity on the forecheck even if he wasn't producing points.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:30 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
These are the types of goals that don't get enough "pub" in my eyes. It is often the individual effort-types that get GOTY nominations. The goals that involve three or four guys on the ice are often my unsung favorites. And I never would've heard about this one. Thanks!

Old
03-15-2013, 04:33 AM
wingowango

Quote:
Sedins pull these ones pretty often because no one wants to shoot the ****ing puck

wingowango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:36 AM
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent

Quote:
Appreciate the kind words, guys, and right back at you both. As you could probably surmise with ease, I'm addicted to the sport - and love talking about it with knowledgeable people, like you two, who share our passion. With the exception of a rare few, it's what makes this site as addictive and pleasing as it is.

XO, we love CoHo in Buffalo and have long been yearning for a center of his kind, so I'm afraid I can't return him to 'Nuckland without serious pushback and/or assets coming back Buffalo's way! You'll get a good amount of worth out of BZK in due time; if not immediately, certainly as the years go by.

Not to totally derail, XO, but is he really that absent this year? I'd think he would still bring grit and intensity on the forecheck even if he wasn't producing points.
Cheers, buddy.

BZK has seemed to be outside his comfort zone the past few months. Seems like the coaching staff have given up on him being in our top 6 even if we need a big top 6 winger playing in our top 6.

I've said this a million times, as much as it sucks losing Hodgson, Kassian is a hell of a consolation prize.

That being said though, the Canucks have a huge hole in their line up right now, and that hole is shaped exactly like Cody Hodgson.

At the time, considering the consequences, Hodgson needed out. In hindsight, we need him back more than ever.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:09 AM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
These are the types of goals that don't get enough "pub" in my eyes. It is often the individual effort-types that get GOTY nominations. The goals that involve three or four guys on the ice are often my unsung favorites. And I never would've heard about this one. Thanks!
Here's one of those type of goals that had a great finish to it as well:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ckbGH98shc

It was in 08-09, so not necessarily pertaining to this thread, but I doubt you've seen it so I think you'll appreciate it.

Chi had a 2-goal lead on Detroit thru 2 periods and then Detroit quickly scored 3 to take the lead. That was the tying goal.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Lawzy

Quote:

When push comes to shove I may be bitter he had to leave but I'm glad he is finally got put to good use.

Such talent will always be missed, even if he didn't fit our system, but right now the reason you're seeing Canucks fans coming crawling back is because he would be PERFECT due to Kesler/Malhotra injuries. It's becoming evident we weren't so incredibly deep at Center as we thought.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:17 AM
markisonfire

Best part of this is Howard nearly sweeping Kopitar off his feet after the goal.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:21 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Cheers, buddy.

BZK has seemed to be outside his comfort zone the past few months. Seems like the coaching staff have given up on him being in our top 6 even if we need a big top 6 winger playing in our top 6.

I've said this a million times, as much as it sucks losing Hodgson, Kassian is a hell of a consolation prize.

That being said though, the Canucks have a huge hole in their line up right now, and that hole is shaped exactly like Cody Hodgson.

At the time, considering the consequences, Hodgson needed out. In hindsight, we need him back more than ever.
Cheers, my man. Glad you can see the light with Kassian. And like I said on your board in the coho thread, there doesn't HAVE to be a winner/loser in the deal; it could be the rare trade that works for both teams.

Quote:
When push comes to shove I may be bitter he had to leave but I'm glad he is finally got put to good use.

Such talent will always be missed, even if he didn't fit our system, but right now the reason you're seeing Canucks fans coming crawling back is because he would be PERFECT due to Kesler/Malhotra injuries. It's becoming evident we weren't so incredibly deep at Center as we thought.
Kudos to you for not trying to rip him since he's not a 'Nuck anymore.

And you're bang on. At the time of the trade, he wasn't of value to you because he wasn't in a role. Now that there would possibly be a role for him, combined with how well he's doing in Buffalo, makes you want him back and miss him more than you thought.

It'll work out for you guys. Injuries are the issue with you down the middle, and it surely seems like it'll swing back to normal when you get healthier and CoHo will be a distant memory.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:22 AM
Stad
@Malkin2Horny

Quote:

Stad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:23 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Here's one of those type of goals that had a great finish to it as well:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ckbGH98shc

It was in 08-09, so not necessarily pertaining to this thread, but I doubt you've seen it so I think you'll appreciate it.

Chi had a 2-goal lead on Detroit thru 2 periods and then Detroit quickly scored 3 to take the lead. That was the tying goal.
Thank you. I actually remember that one - brilliant.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:31 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingowango View Post
Sedins pull these ones pretty often because no one wants to shoot the ****ing puck
It's comments like this that make me love hockey. Granted you are speaking negatively of course, but nonetheless demonstrative of why I enjoy it. It's the antithesis of basketball. Someone would rather feed someone else a really nice pass for the finish. It allows the sport to continue on. Literally they'd rather just pass the puck back in forth. Granted there's always going to be those players who want to finish the play. I think its what made the tandem of Hull and Oates so great. The combination of humbleness and skill in hockey is what makes me love it more and more.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:37 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
It's comments like this that make me love hockey. Granted you are speaking negatively of course, but nonetheless demonstrative of why I enjoy it. It's the antithesis of basketball. Someone would rather feed someone else a really nice pass for the finish. It allows the sport to continue on. Literally they'd rather just pass the puck back in forth. Granted there's always going to be those players who want to finish the play. I think its what made the tandem of Hull and Oates so great. The combination of humbleness and skill in hockey is what makes me love it more and more.
Agreed.

Hilariously ironic, though, that the post you quoted was the one that led to your comment