HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR-Anaheim

Old
03-15-2013, 02:12 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
might wanna check his career playoff numbers especially after his rookie year, injuries don't get used as an excuse for him
Getzlaf is a good playoff performer but let's not act like the players around him are crap. Gaborik was the only offensive threat in his years in Minnesota.

But hey, it's more fun to look at this in a vacuum.

Quote:
but he was hurt in the playoffs according to what you've told me, and he HAS missed well over 100 career games

I get it, you won't have your mind changed. You literally have blinders on covering your ears so you miss the blatent facts people are throwing out there. To make it even better you have proven you don't, and haven't watched him play so you have no legs left....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
pld459666

Quote:
I know last year is the first time in 9 years he played 80 games
before that his previous 5 years GP is 48,77,76,17,62
During his Rangers career. Gaborik has played in 90% of his teams regular season games as well as all of the teams Playoff games.

So, we are in Year #4 for Gabby in NY and 90% of a teams games absolutely equates to a healthy player.

regardless of what you may want to believe.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Would be the first time two players of this caliber were exchanged on either side of a deal I think since the Heatley-Hossa trade.

Doesn't seem hugely likely unless NYR are committed to giving Perry the insane contract he'd want, and that would facilitate cap problems for them. For Anaheim, the addition of Del Zotto adds some good value, but you wonder if they wouldn't rather have a top forward prospect than Gaborik.

Consider-

NYR flip Gaborik for top prospects/picks.

NYR then deal top prospects/picks with MDZ to Anaheim for Perry.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Would be the first time two players of this caliber were exchanged on either side of a deal I think since the Heatley-Hossa trade.

Doesn't seem hugely likely unless NYR are committed to giving Perry the insane contract he'd want, and that would facilitate cap problems for them. For Anaheim, the addition of Del Zotto adds some good value, but you wonder if they wouldn't rather have a top forward prospect than Gaborik.

Consider-

NYR flip Gaborik for top prospects/picks.

NYR then deal top prospects/picks with MDZ to Anaheim for Perry.
Would Anaheim even accept MDZ and a few prospects for Perry?

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
Would Anaheim even accept MDZ and a few prospects for Perry?
I suppose it depends on the quality. I've heard Oilers fans say they'd consider flipping Yakupov for MDZ, so I assume his value is pretty high in and of itself.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:26 PM
cwgatti

Gaboriks has one problem: TORTS. Torts can't find a fit for Gabby. He wasn't doing bad on a line with Richards and Nash. The middle of the NYR lineup is not doing their part at all. I'd flip Nash for Gabby on the top line because Nash can do the scoring by himself. Stepan is fine with Nash. Gabby needs someone to give him space. Hags and Brad can do that.

The problem here is Torts (and to a lesser extent Sather)

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:29 PM
esidebill

Quote:
I suppose it depends on the quality. I've heard Oilers fans say they'd consider flipping Yakupov for MDZ, so I assume his value is pretty high in and of itself.
So we're talking MDZ and a Miller or Skjei type?

Old
03-15-2013, 02:29 PM
cwgatti

If the NYR do move Gabby, it should be for a lesser LW and maybe a pick or prospect. Maybe a goalie. Not sure Gabby can be traded in a 1 for 1 deal. He has a NTC and there very few teams that can hand over an equal LW for a RW.

Maybe Torts should try Cally at LW. That guy can do NO WRONG!!!!

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
So we're talking MDZ and a Miller or Skjei type?
Possibly, though this would likely be contingent upon NYR committing to buying out Richards this offseason rather than next.

If they felt comfortable with Stepan as the first line center, and got a decently priced #2 center for Gaborik, they could have the space to make a move for Perry.

Still, a lot of stuff has to happen for something like this to go down. It depends how high Sather is on Perry, as we saw, he rated Nash highly and pulled out all the stops to try to get him.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Getzlaf is a good playoff performer but let's not act like the players around him are crap. Gaborik was the only offensive threat in his years in Minnesota.

But hey, it's more fun to look at this in a vacuum.

I get it, you won't have your mind changed. You literally have blinders on covering your ears so you miss the blatent facts people are throwing out there. To make it even better you have proven you don't, and haven't watched him play so you have no legs left....

yes because my comment of him being injury prone is completely wrong! then you come and tell me he had a serious injury last playoff which apparently really hindered his production!

let me just put it this way, a smallish market team like Anaheim, can't have that much money tied up in a player like Gaborik fair?

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
esidebill

Quote:
Possibly, though this would likely be contingent upon NYR committing to buying out Richards this offseason rather than next.

If they felt comfortable with Stepan as the first line center, and got a decently priced #2 center for Gaborik, they could have the space to make a move for Perry.

Still, a lot of stuff has to happen for something like this to go down. It depends how high Sather is on Perry, as we saw, he rated Nash highly and pulled out all the stops to try to get him.
Many people believed there was no way Nash was a NYR. I believe if Sather wants Perry, he'll probably net him. Especially with the premise of leading a large market team to the Cup and becoming immortal (every player is suckered into it. Oh and the money helps.)

Old
03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
yes because my comment of him being injury prone is completely wrong! then you come and tell me he had a serious injury last playoff which apparently really hindered his production!

let me just put it this way, a smallish market team like Anaheim, can't have that much money tied up in a player like Gaborik fair?
You could have said that from the beginning and saved us all from your stupid argument.

Gaborik hasn't been injury prone since joining the rangers. That is a fact. We're talking almost 300 games here, not a handful.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
You could have said that from the beginning and saved us all from your stupid argument.

Gaborik hasn't been injury prone since joining the rangers. That is a fact. We're talking almost 300 games here, not a handful.
Maybe you could blame Minnesota's trainers?

Old
03-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Girardi is a non starter and I am going to assume that Fowler is a non starter from the Ducks point of view. so the deal is Gaborik + MDZ for Perry + Sbisa

Let's even stipulate further that Sbisa = MDZ.

So you are trading 1 year and 2 months of Gaborik for 2 months of Perry?
I can confidently say that, right now, Sbisa does not equal MDZ. Maybe at some point, but not right now, no.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
plenty of guys get nagging injuries, but his goal scoring fell from a 40 goal regular season, to a 20 goal pace in last years playoffs if this is partly due to the injury then how does this injury not count?
...OS, it's borderline ridiculous to try to extrapolate an 82 game season pace from the playoffs.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
might wanna check his career playoff numbers especially after his rookie year, injuries don't get used as an excuse for him
And if he was playing on, say, a high ankle sprain... we'd definitely point it out if his production dropped.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:51 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
...OS, it's borderline ridiculous to try to extrapolate an 82 game season pace from the playoffs.
Thank you. Anyone that watches hockey knows the difference between playoffs and regular season.

The year tampa won the cup, Ruslan Fedotenko scored on a 44 goal pace with 12 goals over the course of 22 playoff games. Does this make him a 44 goal scorer?

Some guys step up in the playoffs, some don't, some play average, which is basically what Gaborik did last year. Thing is, he was the one player, that EVERY SINGLE GAME was focused upon by the other team. It allowed for guys like Kreider and Hagelin and whoever else to put up points because they weren't going up against top defenses.

Anyways, i don't really need to explain further, because anyone who watches hockey and loves/knows the playoffs, is aware of this.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Where did I say it didn't count? You said he is always hurt. I proved you wrong. Simple as that. .
No you didn't, you just posted games played -stats. That doesn't say if a player was hurt or not.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
You're laughable. From now on, you should probably stay in strictly western Conference discussions.
I agree, no point talking about finer aspects of the game such as defense with fans of eastern conference teams.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote