HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mike Blunden called up (Mar. 22, post #126)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2013, 03:23 PM
  #51
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Love these keyboard tuff guys hating on players........they'd pee their little panties if Blunden was standing beside them, lol.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:25 PM
  #52
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
Love these keyboard tuff guys hating on players........they'd pee their little panties if Blunden was standing beside them, lol.
People expressing their dislike for a player on HFBoards, a board designed to speak about hockey... HOW DARE I!!!

Learn to spell tough.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:29 PM
  #53
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,767
vCash: 500
It's only for a couple of games. The impact he'll make will be marginal at best. Such a non-story. I'm pretty sure all that is expected of him is a mistake free game.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
  #54
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Winning.....

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:33 PM
  #55
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
And always sticks up for teammates even though he is kind of a punching bag. The best thing I like about him though is his hustle.

He is big and tall but he's scared **** of Neil?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:33 PM
  #56
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It's only for a couple of games. The impact he'll make will be marginal at best. Such a non-story. I'm pretty sure all that is expected of him is a mistake free game.
Another good reason to dress 7 d-men and slot Kaberle on that 2nd pair, instead of having an AHLer that has trouble keeping the pace down there.

People here underestimate how bad he is as a player. Any defensive efficiency our 4th line might have had is now gone. Plekanec better be ready, his line will play 25 minutes.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:35 PM
  #57
DenverHabsFan
Registered User
 
DenverHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
People expressing their dislike for a player on HFBoards, a board designed to speak about hockey... HOW DARE I!!!

Learn to spell tough.
Love the irony.

DenverHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:36 PM
  #58
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Another good reason to dress 7 d-men and slot Kaberle on that 2nd pair, instead of having an AHLer that has trouble keeping the pace down there.

People here underestimate how bad he is as a player. Any defensive efficiency our 4th line might have had is now gone. Plekanec better be ready, his line will play 25 minutes.
You might overstate it a bit... He's not a good player but you need to relax.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:37 PM
  #59
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Love the irony.
I think he meant it as in : Learn to spell the word tough.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:39 PM
  #60
DenverHabsFan
Registered User
 
DenverHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I think he meant it as in : Learn to spell the word tough.
You're right. I got caught up in his drunken rant and assumed he meant "though".

DenverHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:40 PM
  #61
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Is Leblanc back or still injured down in Hamilton?

If he is healthy, personally I would have called him up

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:40 PM
  #62
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I think he meant it as in : Learn to spell the word tough.
I like how it was painfully obvious, yet somebody tried to cherrypick and call me out on it though.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:45 PM
  #63
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
Love these keyboard tuff guys hating on players........they'd pee their little panties if Blunden was standing beside them, lol.
Doesn't make any sense... We're talking about a hockey player standing up against another hockey player of the same or smaller size.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:45 PM
  #64
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,658
vCash: 500
He sure didn't do much when Geoffrion fractured his skull.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:46 PM
  #65
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
He sure didn't do much when Geoffrion fractured his skull.
No kidding. Or when Leblanc got his ankle messed up.

Those two displays made me hate the guy with a passion.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
  #66
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Somewhere in the Bell Centre, Bergevin's phone is ringing. It's Darche
I think the Habs can afford call display so Bergevin being in one of his prankster moods answers, "Urgel Bourgie Funeral Home."

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
  #67
Kyosuke
Registered User
 
Kyosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Leblanc still needs more time to refine his skating and hockey skills, he does not seem to have elevated his level as of late. Be it injuries or motivation he needs to show more improvement before he gets another chance up with the big boys. Blunden has been playing harder and also brings that size dimension to our line-up; heck, I'd even give a chance to Bournival over Leblanc at this point. I'm not saying Leblanc is playing like crap, I just have those two players ahead of him in terms of helping the team at the moment.

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:50 PM
  #68
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
Leblanc still needs more time to refine his skating and hockey skills, he does not seem to have elevated his level as of late. Be it injuries or motivation he needs to show more improvement before he gets another chance up with the big boys. Blunden has been playing harder and also brings that size dimension to our line-up; heck, I'd even give a chance to Bournival over Leblanc at this point. I'm not saying Leblanc is playing like crap, I just have those two players ahead of him in terms of helping the team at the moment.
The guy has more than 30 games of experience. What doesnt work ? Mental side of the game, simple. Give him confidence god damnit. I'm pretty sure he tought he would start the year in MTL.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:51 PM
  #69
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Love the irony.
I think he meant learn to spell the word 'tough'.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:58 PM
  #70
Kyosuke
Registered User
 
Kyosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
The guy has more than 30 games of experience. What doesnt work ? Mental side of the game, simple. Give him confidence god damnit. I'm pretty sure he tought he would start the year in MTL.
That was his problem, when he thought the position was his already. But, Gallagher outplayed him for the roster spot. I like Leblanc, but frankly from the Bulldogs' games I've been watching I don't see him standing out whatsoever (I am aware how **** Hamilton is this season). People have question Leblanc's skating and to be honest it's blatantly obvious that it's his biggest weakness. The style he uses wastes a lot of energy and limits his acceleration; he's a smart player, but if his feet can't take him to the right areas than in our system he'll just become a liability. I have, however, heard that he's been working on his skating as of late; but, it'll still be awhile before we can see the results of it on the ice.

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
  #71
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
When I saw Blunden he was covering tons of ice. Skated miles. Always liked the kid. I still feel he can be a bit of a dark Horse. I hope he gets a look in the top 9. He could surprise.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:00 PM
  #72
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,445
vCash: 500
Those injuries are starting to pile up.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:00 PM
  #73
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
When I saw Blunden he was covering tons of ice. Skated miles. Always liked the kid. I still feel he can be a bit of a dark Horse. I hope he gets a look in the top 9. He could surprise.
Don't tell me you're serious?

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:03 PM
  #74
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
my god habs fans on the ball the tweet was literally 43 seconds ago lol
No rest for the wicked

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:08 PM
  #75
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Don't tell me you're serious?
I think we get it already, you hate Blunden.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.