HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikhail Grigorenko assigned to Quebec (QMJHL)

Old
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
matty22
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
I think claiming that he's too good for the Q is a bit much.
look at his numbers in the Q...pretty sure it's spot on

matty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:00 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quebec has 2 regular season games left? What happens if they lose in the 1st round? This team is going nowhere. Instead of playing him for 20 games up here he could very likely end up playing 6 games before his season ends. Well, here's to Quebec hopefully going to the Memorial Cup.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Kruschiki

vCash: 50
Good move. The game was moving too fast for him.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
I don't think he was fully ready for the NHL. But i also think the Sabres did him a big disservice from the beginning.

He really isn't going to get any playing time with the coach and GM short leashing him to the point he gets as much playing time as the enforcer.

Rolston is coaching for his job. So he would never let a rookie make rookie mistakes and learn. It disheartening for a player to have one bad shift and spend the rest of the game on the bench. And the Coaches were continually doing this to him game after game.

This move also means i have a crappy feeling Darcy and Ron are going to try and ride this team up the standings with another failed playoff push that only serves to punish us come draft day.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:14 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

I thought that on a normal line, he had one great scoring oppertunity per game. I was also hoping to see him get more of a role but the team hasn't played well this year.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:15 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Quotes :
The two worst things about this thread:

1 - Not being in contact with Quebec about the situation.
2 - This quote: Sabres GM Darcy Regier on trades: "I'm not in a blow-it-up mind-set."

Now, I know Darcy plays things close to the chest, but if he's being honest with that statement, I have a real problem with that.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:37 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackGroundMusic View Post
The two worst things about this thread:

1 - Not being in contact with Quebec about the situation.
2 - This quote: Sabres GM Darcy Regier on trades: "I'm not in a blow-it-up mind-set."

Now, I know Darcy plays things close to the chest, but if he's being honest with that statement, I have a real problem with that.
I think all that means is he is not trading vanek, pominville AND miller. I think he could still trade one of them and will trade upcoming ufas for picks aswell. I see stafford being traded aswell so darcy can spend more in FA

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:39 PM
dotcommunism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Quebec has 2 regular season games left? What happens if they lose in the 1st round? This team is going nowhere. Instead of playing him for 20 games up here he could very likely end up playing 6 games before his season ends. Well, here's to Quebec hopefully going to the Memorial Cup.
If Quebec gets bounced in the first round then he heads to Rochester

dotcommunism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:40 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoey View Post
I don't know where to even find those stats... if you care to do the work to seperate the stats I'd certainly be interested in seeing it.
I already know what the numbers say because I work through them every day. There are a bunch of sites but assuming you know what the numbers actually mean you can find out everything through the two below.

behindthenet.ca
stats.hockeyanalysis.com

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

I agreed with the move to keep him up at the beginning of the season and I admit that decision was wrong. Grigs is only 18 years old, the age of many high school seniors, I have no problem with letting him play more in the Q and gaining confidence for 2013-14.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:46 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackGroundMusic View Post

About blowing it up....

It all depends on what your definition of "blowing it up" means...

Some posters want ALL 23 roster players gone off the team. That's their version of blowing it up.

Some want 12-15 players off the team. That's their version of blowing it up.

Some want 8-11 players off the team. Some want 5-7 off the team. Some want 1-4 off the team. That's their version of blowing it up.

What's Darcy's definition of "blowing it up"? Seriously. No one truly knows. All the snarky smart ass responses still means... No one knows.

If I had to take a wild guess I think Darcy's definition of "blowing it up" is moving 12-15 players. He's not going to do that.

Me personally, I think 4-5 guys currently on the roster should be moved. No more. So I guess I am not in a "blow it up" mindset.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:48 PM
LGB24

I dont understand what took them so long. I thought the reason he was staying here was because of the off-ice program they had him on. If thats the case why is he now being sent down? Are they just realizing he isn't NHL ready?

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:51 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty22 View Post
look at his numbers in the Q...pretty sure it's spot on
wow if thats your first post you're off to a rough start. Show me his numbers of his selke-like defensive play in the Q please.

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

Is there an avenue to call him back up ?

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:55 PM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

To play devils advocate a second if he was AHL eligable this would be fine as it would be enough of a taster for him to know what he has to improve on, maybe he could work on it during the Q's playoff run. And at least he has a chance of that success.

I disagree with the move, but at least I take solice in that. Still, Fire Darcy!

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:09 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
I dont understand what took them so long. I thought the reason he was staying here was because of the off-ice program they had him on. If thats the case why is he now being sent down? Are they just realizing he isn't NHL ready?
Because if they send him down now he stops at 22 games so this doesn't count as an accrued season towards free agency. All they lose is the money spent on the first year of his ELC.

As sjci pointed out in an earlier post

Quote:
After playing in his 6th game, Grigorenko and the Sabres did use up a year of his ELC, however because he played in less than 23 games (He played in 22), he did not "accrue a season." So again, even though playing more than 5 games would burn the first year of Grigorenko's entry level contract, it would not immediately register 2013 as an "accrued year of service" for him when figuring out UFA eligibility. In the short season, an NHL player must be dressed for 23 games for it to count as an accrued year. What this means since he played less than 23 games this season, Grigorenko will still need 7 years of service before being eligible for unrestricted free agency.

Why compound one mistake (wasting a year of his ELC) with wasting a year towards free agency as well?

Last edited by joshjull: 03-15-2013 at 06:18 PM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:13 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Fine. With. This.

See ya next year Mikhail.
Probably not

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:17 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
He becomes eligible to play in the AHL for the remainder of the season after Quebec gets eliminated. So in the event the Remparts do get bounced early, he'll then be able to play in Rochester--which is where I'd think he would be playing if not for the CHL-AHL agreement that disallows it.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:28 PM
CrankyJay

Wish this happened sooner. I hope Roy caught some of his games on TV and work on his skating.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
He becomes eligible to play in the AHL for the remainder of the season after Quebec gets eliminated. So in the event the Remparts do get bounced early, he'll then be able to play in Rochester--which is where I'd think he would be playing if not for the CHL-AHL agreement that disallows it.
U sure? I swear I've read multiple times he can't skate in the AHL unless 20 yo. Regardless of the Q playoffs results. Can he come bak up if the do get eliminated and we do blow it all up?

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:42 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
U sure? I swear I've read multiple times he can't skate in the AHL unless 20 yo. Regardless of the Q playoffs results. Can he come bak up if the do get eliminated and we do blow it all up?
Yes. He can play in the AHL after his junior season is over while 18 or 19. At 20 he can play the whole year in the AHL.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Takeo

He should have never stayed in Buffalo to begin with (despite what this entire messageboard claimed at the time). Regier has no clue what he's doing.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Yes. He can play in the AHL after his junior season is over while 18 or 19. At 20 he can play the whole year in the AHL.
Got it. Well in that case what's he problem here? Haha. Besides burning a year. At least we tried.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:10 PM
kenfury

I'm actually happy about this. He gets some light duty in the Q, a playoff run, and then spends the rest of the season in the AHL away from the chaos of the 2012-13 Sabres. From a development standpoint I cant think of a better solution. Yes a season is burned on the contract but not his UFA years so it just means a longer bridge contract so no major damage. Hopefully he comes back next season when the team is not a train wreck.

kenfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
wow if thats your first post you're off to a rough start. Show me his numbers of his selke-like defensive play in the Q please.
I'm still puzzled by the constant "his defense sucks" meme re: Grigorenko. Most every game I watched he'd make at least one nice read in the defensive zone that either turned over the puck or disrupted a potential threat.

Just for comparison, I don't know how anyone can say Grigorenko was worse in his defensive zone than Hodgson. That's some of the worst I've seen.

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote