Notices

Trubachev and Taratukhin Named To WC Roster

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2005, 07:29 PM
abracanada

vCash: 500
Trubachev and Taratukhin Named To WC Roster

Just the preliminary WC roster, but good to see both Flames prospects will get a shot.

Old
04-05-2005, 10:52 PM
saillias

I am surprised at both, but Taratukhin more than Trubachev. He's not putting up good numbers, I guess he has some other skills that stats can't tell.

Old
04-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Badger Bob

The World Championships don't have much luster with the Olympics and the World Cup grabbing the international spotlight. Having said that, it'll be interesting to see how these two stack up against the stronger competition.

Old
04-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Gelinas Time

let me clarify it

playoffs are still going on and this list is NOT a WC roster. It's a list of guys who are currently in the training camp of team russia. They've got 4 defensemen and 8 forwards there (no typos). Obviously those guys, who are playing in playoffs are NOT there. So, they are missing players from top 4 teams. And the coach of the team is not named yet.This camp is arranged by lame duck coach Plyuschev, who coached Trubachev and Taratukhin to WJC gold medal years back. This is the main reason why our porspects are there right now. There's no way Taratukhin will be there in the end. Trubachev had already play for team Russia and may find himself on the WC team.

Last edited by Gelinas Time: 04-06-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old
05-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Gelinas Time

Neither made the team in the end. With Datsyuk, Yashin, Malkin and Zinovjev being russian top centers, it was hard to break through.

However, I've found a good quote from Tod Button about Trubachev: "I don't think his height is an issue at all.". http://www.calgarypuck.com/Peddle_050105.htm Let's kill that "size" issue about Trubachev finally.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:13 AM
abracanada

Some interest in Trubachev and Taratukhin, but not all that overwhelming.

Old
05-08-2005, 04:49 PM
RussianProspects

Trubachev played well this season with Severstal. One of the few bright spots on that team. His invitation to the national team was likely with an understanding that he will not make the final squad. He was never invited to the national team before hand.

Taratukhin picked his game up towards the end of the season. I doubt he had any chance of making the squad, but he would have made a decent checking forward/center. Despite his lack of scoring, he has had a good season with Salavat Yulayev.

Last edited by RussianProspects: 05-08-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old
05-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Gelinas Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects
Trubachev played well this season with Severstal. One of the few bright spots on that team. His invitation to the national team was likely with an understanding that he will not make the final squad. He was never invited to the national team before hand.
I'm sure Trubachev had played for Team Russia before. He never played on world championships though, but he played on Sweden Games-03.

Old
05-09-2005, 08:52 AM
RussianProspects

Trubachev's presence on the squad during the Sweden Games in Feb. 2003 was just a technicality. As I remember, someone got injured and he got the nod. He played hardly at all.

Old
05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Gelinas Time

Quote:
Trubachev's presence on the squad during the Sweden Games in Feb. 2003 was just a technicality. As I remember, someone got injured and he got the nod. He played hardly at all.

Nope, he was named to the line-up from the start. Have no idea and too lazy to check out if he has much ice-time. Guess no, since he had no points. He played four games though and was named not as an injury replacement, but as a regular guy at the start of the tournament.

http://www.tltinfo.ru/index.php?id=1044

At the same link you can see, that Taratukhin was the last cut.

Old
05-11-2005, 01:53 PM
RussianProspects

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I actually saw those games and Trubachev was on the fourth line. I think we are starting to overanalyze the statements I made. When I said he replaced an injured player, it wasn't during the camp, it was prior to the camp some of the normal go to guys were injured, so the list was drastically different. Also, Plyuschev loved Trubach, as well as a few other guys, including Grebeshkov. To get away from the "why he was there", I agree with the fact that Trubachev was there and saw limited action. He did well with what he was given, but that whole team had problems, as was proven later on at the World Championships where the Russians were bounced out of it I believe in the quarters. It was Plyuschev's big disaster that lead to his removal from the role. And all that after things started off so well with him winning the Ceska Poistovna behind Suglobov, Nepriayev and I believe Soin.

I like how Trubachev has developed with Severstal - a club not known for developing young players. I hope he continues to improve, and the great thing is he does continue to mature his game season to season and is yet to reach a ceiling.

Again, it's great and refreshing to see that you follow the Russian propsects so closely. You are an asset to Calgary's fans.

Old
05-19-2005, 03:49 PM
ukstipe

Quote:
Thanks for refreshing my memory. I actually saw those games and Trubachev was on the fourth line. I think we are starting to overanalyze the statements I made. When I said he replaced an injured player, it wasn't during the camp, it was prior to the camp some of the normal go to guys were injured, so the list was drastically different. Also, Plyuschev loved Trubach, as well as a few other guys, including Grebeshkov. To get away from the "why he was there", I agree with the fact that Trubachev was there and saw limited action. He did well with what he was given, but that whole team had problems, as was proven later on at the World Championships where the Russians were bounced out of it I believe in the quarters. It was Plyuschev's big disaster that lead to his removal from the role. And all that after things started off so well with him winning the Ceska Poistovna behind Suglobov, Nepriayev and I believe Soin.

I like how Trubachev has developed with Severstal - a club not known for developing young players. I hope he continues to improve, and the great thing is he does continue to mature his game season to season and is yet to reach a ceiling.

Again, it's great and refreshing to see that you follow the Russian propsects so closely. You are an asset to Calgary's fans.
I think you would find A LOT of fans on hear and other boards (CP for instance) that are starving for any new news and analysis of these two Russians. People seem to have Trub ahead of Tara....talent wise and liklihood to come over. Tara had a kid recently. The lack of scoring by Tara is worrying. People seemed concerned with Trub's size but i don't think that is an issue given he has grown a bit, has decent weight on him, and there are a lot of NHLers under 6' who are good. Calgary lacks depth up the middle in terms of prospects so the door is upon for these guys to prove themselves.

Closed Thread