HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Calgary-St.Louis

Old
03-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
Calgary-St.Louis

Mark giordano
Lee stempniak
2nd

For

Chris Stewart
Ian cole
Ty rattie.

OR

Giordano
Stempniak

For

Stewart
Cole

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Market Street Heroes

vCash: 1125
No.

Stewarts not available.

Next.

Market Street Heroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:04 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Mark giordano
Lee stempniak
2nd

For

Chris Stewart
Ian cole
Ty rattie.

OR

Giordano
Stempniak

For

Stewart
Cole
Ok so you want a player playing bad this season Giordano for a player playing good Stewart? Also we don't want Stempniak back.

I wouldn't do Stewart straight up for Giordano, Stempniak and your 2nd. I sure as hell am not adding pieces. Stempniak and the 2nd aren't wanted.......

Of course I would like Giordano as I'm not going to doubt his ability to turn his game around just not at the price of Stewart who is our best forward this year.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:38 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I love how the first one is the same as the second one but in the first one we're additionally trading Ty Rattie for a 2d round pick.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Gary83*

Lol. So rattie's value is a 2nd. Sorry on behalf of flames fans!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:52 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Here's the thing with the idea of trading Stewart. Most Blues fans will tell you they don't want to part with him period right now. I can see both sides of the argument. The "other side" has three main points: 1) it's a contract year/consistency questions about what we can expect going forward; 2) LHD is a FAR bigger need than wingers, organizationally; and 3) the payroll is going to jump by quite a bit next year w/o fixing the LHD issue, so there's a money argument.

The point being, the only way they move Stewart is if they decide LHD is a bigger need and they can project another skilled winger's ELC into the lineup.

Which means that acquiring Stempniak would only be as a rental and not re-signing him.

Which turns this trade into Stewart + Cole for Giordano plus a rental the Blues will not/cannot re-sign.

Which, given the respective performances of Giordano and Stewart this season, is well out of whack.

We made these kinds of offers last year and they were universally rejected. Now that the tables have turned on value, Flames fans should correctly expect a readjustment in what's agreeable on these boards.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Falco Lombardi
AKA Dolph Ziggler

vCash: 380
Calgary and St. Louis fans mutually agreed to Gio for Cole + Rattie last week.

Falco Lombardi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:56 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Right, and now Rattie is being replaced by a PPG version of Stewart in that deal.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:58 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Not everyone. Rattie is nice and all, but Ian Cole has been quite dissapointing this season. Giordano for Rattie and a healthy scratched defenseman this year, no thanks

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Not everyone. Rattie is nice and all, but Ian Cole has been quite dissapointing this season. Giordano for Rattie and a healthy scratched defenseman this year, no thanks
Cole's been fine. He's just an awkward fit on the top pairing at a time when Pietrangelo started the season badly on defense and wasn't capable of helping anyone. He's had bad games as well as very strong games. As have all our defensemen this year (except probably Jackman who's been steadiest, and also Shattenkirk). Dismissing Cole's value as "a healthy scratched defenseman" is a very poor read on the situation.

Let me put it this way. If we swapped Cole in that deal for either Russell or Redden, nearly every Blues fan would immediately agree.

Old
03-15-2013, 06:13 PM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

vCash: 50
We've had many conversations between Blues and Flames fans.

Cole + Rattie for Giordano was somewhat/mutually agreed upon. We don't need another thread like this.

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:18 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Cole's been fine. He's just an awkward fit on the top pairing at a time when Pietrangelo started the season badly on defense and wasn't capable of helping anyone. He's had bad games as well as very strong games. As have all our defensemen this year (except probably Jackman who's been steadiest, and also Shattenkirk). Dismissing Cole's value as "a healthy scratched defenseman" is a very poor read on the situation.

Let me put it this way. If we swapped Cole in that deal for either Russell or Redden, nearly every Blues fan would immediately agree.
Thats nice, but the fact he cant take a regular roster spot from Russel at this point is disheartening. He may not have the value of a scratched defenseman, but at this point the Flames cant move a their top 3 defenseman for someone who cant subbplant Kris Russel from a roster spot

Old
03-15-2013, 06:24 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Thats nice, but the fact he cant take a regular roster spot from Russel at this point is disheartening. He may not have the value of a scratched defenseman, but at this point the Flames cant move a their top 3 defenseman for someone who cant subbplant Kris Russel from a roster spot
That's really not the issue. When Cole is in the lineup, he plays more and tougher minutes. Russell is simply Polak's partner. They mesh well because Russell moves the puck well and Polak is solid defensively.

Cole has been visibly and statistically better than Russell this year, but he and Polak don't match up well because they're more similar players. And I'm not trying to "sell" you Cole. As a Blues fan, I'm somewhat wary of trading him because he's a good player. You just don't know what you're talking about.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:40 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Pretty obviously, you're not trying to get a top-3 replacement for Giordano, otherwise what would the point of the Blues giving up Rattie on top be? If a Giordano-quality guy is the expected/required return, godspeed. Cole is definitely bottom-pairing quality at minimum, likely middle-pairing quality in the near future (but slower than the Blues want to compete). That's the whole point for the Blues. If we were rebuilding we wouldn't move Cole at all.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:07 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Mark giordano
Lee stempniak
2nd

For

Chris Stewart
Ian cole
Ty rattie.

OR

Giordano
Stempniak

For

Stewart
Cole
Blues are giving up way to much for essentially Giordano...Drop all the other peices and center something around Stewart and Giordano...Stepniak and a 2nd is not going to get Cole and Rattie.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:50 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
That's really not the issue. When Cole is in the lineup, he plays more and tougher minutes. Russell is simply Polak's partner. They mesh well because Russell moves the puck well and Polak is solid defensively.

Cole has been visibly and statistically better than Russell this year, but he and Polak don't match up well because they're more similar players. And I'm not trying to "sell" you Cole. As a Blues fan, I'm somewhat wary of trading him because he's a good player. You just don't know what you're talking about.
Well you are doing well to convince me. So Ian Cole is actually really good but just cant play well enough with any of his teammates to get any playing time.

Enough that he cant win a 3rd pairing spot from Kris Russel to play 15 minutes a game, not to mention he was bad enough with Pietrangelo that they had to go out and sign Redden instead. Where do I sign?

Old
03-15-2013, 08:20 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Well you are doing well to convince me. So Ian Cole is actually really good but just cant play well enough with any of his teammates to get any playing time.

Enough that he cant win a 3rd pairing spot from Kris Russel to play 15 minutes a game, not to mention he was bad enough with Pietrangelo that they had to go out and sign Redden instead. Where do I sign?
They aren't trying to convince you. They're trying to inform you. There's a big difference.

Almost every Blues poster (myself included) will tell you that Cole has outplayed Russell this year in spite of getting tougher assignments. That's based on watching them play. I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion on, but it's obviously not that.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:37 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:

What about Ian Cole's last game did you find disappointing?

Also, have you ever heard of team balance?

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Not all of them did... I am unwilling to trade Rattie at this point, especially to the Flames, who covet him. If the Blues are going to trade Rattie to Calgary, they can extract more out of the Flames for that reason.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:51 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Not all of them did... I am unwilling to trade Rattie at this point, especially to the Flames, who covet him. If the Blues are going to trade Rattie to Calgary, they can extract more out of the Flames for that reason.
I'd definitely rather do Cole and a 1st.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Sparky93

Most would, Cole is a solid young player but not enough of a center piece for Gio. To me, Rattie makes this deal. He has proven chemistry with Baertschi and although not a sure thing, you just don't swap that for a maybe at 25-30 in the draft. This deal is too perfect for the franchise's not to have considered already. My guess is they're at a stand off right now, Calgary asking for Cole+Rattie and the Blues offering Cole+1st, with neither side willing to budge

Last edited by Sparky93: 03-15-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Sparky93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:24 AM
bananaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Here's the thing with the idea of trading Stewart. Most Blues fans will tell you they don't want to part with him period right now. I can see both sides of the argument. The "other side" has three main points: 1) it's a contract year/consistency questions about what we can expect going forward; 2) LHD is a FAR bigger need than wingers, organizationally; and 3) the payroll is going to jump by quite a bit next year w/o fixing the LHD issue, so there's a money argument.

The point being, the only way they move Stewart is if they decide LHD is a bigger need and they can project another skilled winger's ELC into the lineup.

Which means that acquiring Stempniak would only be as a rental and not re-signing him.

Which turns this trade into Stewart + Cole for Giordano plus a rental the Blues will not/cannot re-sign.

Which, given the respective performances of Giordano and Stewart this season, is well out of whack.

We made these kinds of offers last year and they were universally rejected. Now that the tables have turned on value, Flames fans should correctly expect a readjustment in what's agreeable on these boards.
I still remember last year when Flames fans would universally reject a Gio-Stewart swap. How times have changed.

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:46 AM
ImNotPoorImPoirier

vCash: 50
From what i saw a couple of days ago it looks.like fester is offering

jbow and stamps for stewart and cole

ImNotPoorImPoirier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:49 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor