Old
03-24-2013, 08:38 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
\

Wouldn't do it. Too steep. Resigned Iginla would be the only way it is considered. Even then...
If they offered Koko and the second adding Caron who looks like he is fast approaching Guy To Be Concerned About. His value gets lower by the week- the conditional for a resigning or Cup trip is logical especially if he resigns. Koko is the one that hurts but they keep their top wing prospect, top center prospect who are very close and Goalie if future. They will do this

Old
03-24-2013, 08:38 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
You need draft picks to have continued success. As the team ages, and this team is, you need to have young, cheap talent step up and contribute. It's easy to mortgage the future because the window is open and the rest of the east is weak.

I think they're good enough as presently constructed to make a deep run at the cup this year. I'd rather see minor deals for depth at forward and defense. I don't want to trade from their limited prospect pool or a first round pick. Kelly and McQuaid are coming back. I'd rather they stay the course. I get that it's a dissenting opinion.

03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Hazi

This could be out there but what about offering Khudobin in a package?? Something like Khudobin, Khokhlachev, Caron, and a 2nd (the 2nd only if Iginla re-signs). It solves their goalie issue for now but that leaves us without a backup goalie and we would probably have to look around for one, most likely a veteran goaltender.

Last edited by Hazi: 03-24-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old
03-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Branden

After reading Haggerty's article, it sounds like Calgary really wants Malcolm Subban. It is foolish for us to put Subban on the untouchable list IMO. We have 1 goaltender that has elite potential, while Svedberg and Khudobin are making a name for themselves. Subban may be our best goalie prospect, but with so much depth in goal, I don't see why the Bruins would have a hard time giving up Subban + 1st. Our 1st hopefully will be a low one too. It's the only way to compete with a team like, LA, who have no problem offering up Bernier.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Branden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazi View Post
This could be out there but what about offering Khudobin in a package?? Something like Khudobin, Khokhlachev, Caron, and a 2nd (the 2nd only if he re-signs). It solves their goalie issue for now but that leaves us without a backup goalie and we would probably have to look around for one, most likely a veteran goaltender.

I'd honestly think that is an overpayment. Khokolachev is a great prospect, and I don't want to give him up for a 35 year old player. Malcolm Subban in the package would mean we hopefully wouldn't have to add a lot more pieces to the trade.

I'd trade Knight + Subban + 1st (conditional 1st if he re-signs or we win Cup)

Old
03-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
You need draft picks to have continued success. As the team ages, and this team is, you need to have young, cheap talent step up and contribute. It's easy to mortgage the future because the window is open and the rest of the east is weak.

I think they're good enough as presently constructed to make a deep run at the cup this year. I'd rather see minor deals for depth at forward and defense. I don't want to trade from their limited prospect pool or a first round pick. Kelly and McQuaid are coming back. I'd rather they stay the course. I get that it's a dissenting opinion.

I agree. But I sure hope they can add Soderberg in addition to the depth at forward and defense.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:53 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Koko, Caron and a 2nd/cond 1st for Iginla? Steep price but I would do it.

Let's go Chia! Do it!

Loooch-Krejci-Seguin
March-Bergy-Iginla
Peverley-Kelly-Horton
Merlot
no way do I do that. I hoestly don't know if Iginla has a lot left to give....he is having an AWFUL season.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Era of Sanity

Iginla will cost too much, I don't see Chia going all in for him when he has atleast on paper, has 6 proven top 6 forwards. With prices being as high as ever I think he will take his chances with the top 6 staying healthy and Horton and Lucic upping their game and instead go after a 3rd liner. It seems like Koko will be the odd man out.

If I were him I would put Subban on the market and see what offers I got.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:56 PM
JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
no way do I do that. I hoestly don't know if Iginla has a lot left to give....he is having an AWFUL season.
Have you seen the garbage he's playing with? That flames team is completely uninterested.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:57 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Bob Beers on with Felger live and thinks offers we are hearing are nuts for a rental- implies he thinks Iginla not the player once was as a rental not worth it. Does Beers know more than us. Rocketdan9 who I thought was banned is on the main trade thread offering Spooner, Subban, and a first, wow he entire farm for in worst case scenario less than 20 games

Old
03-24-2013, 08:58 PM
MAINE-IAC

I think chia should say nay to over paying for iginla. Subban is enough. No need to add players & picks. Lets not mortgage the future for him.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:07 PM
MAINE-IAC

Morrow to the penguins per tsn. Morrow for prospect morrow. Also some picks involved. Pens get a 3rd and Dallas a 5th. Both picks this years.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Danton Heineken
Unlimited Pasta Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE-IAC View Post
Morrow to the penguins per tsn.
Thanks for breaking the news!

Old
03-24-2013, 09:17 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE-IAC View Post
I think chia should say nay to over paying for iginla. Subban is enough. No need to add players & picks. Lets not mortgage the future for him.
I would be fine with Subban and conditional pick but not a lot more. At least not Spooner or Koko but Caron or one of the defense men who haven't broken into the league seem fine.

I do think Iginla wouldn't look so bad on krejci's or Bergeron's wing. Talented, experienced centers can make a difference.

I admit I wouldn't mind Jagr. He is older but still has a scoring touch.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:23 PM
RussellmaniaKW

so how many of the people calling Iginla washed up have actually watched him play this year? He has more points than Lucic and Horton and while I only saw him play once this year (against Colorado), he was easily the best Calgary player on the ice and didn't look like he had slowed down much to me. I think he would definitely add a lot to this team, but it's definitely hard to nail down a fair price. The Bruins biggest problems seem to be mental and I don't know if adding Iginla necessarily fixes that. At the very least it sends a message to the team that management still thinks they are contenders and still intend to 'go for it', so maybe that is enough to wake the guys up.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
The Bruins offered Koko and 2nd for Morrow? Seems way to high. Glad the Stars liked the Pens offer better. I would like to see how the young Russian looks in a Bruins sweater first.

03-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
so how many of the people calling Iginla washed up have actually watched him play this year? He has more points than Lucic and Horton and while I only saw him play once this year (against Colorado), he was easily the best Calgary player on the ice and didn't look like he had slowed down much to me. I think he would definitely add a lot to this team, but it's definitely hard to nail down a fair price. The Bruins biggest problems seem to be mental and I don't know if adding Iginla necessarily fixes that. At the very least it sends a message to the team that management still thinks they are contenders and still intend to 'go for it', so maybe that is enough to wake the guys up.
One thing I do like a/b the idea of bringing in a veteran presence.

Iginla is still probably fast enough to make the LKH look like they're on nitric oxide.

All depends on the price.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Fair Warning

Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec 2m
Source confirming that #CalgaryFlames are asking for TWO prospects and a draft pick for Jarome Iginla. No question, Iggy being shopped.

Subban, Caron, 1st? I don't go anything higher than that, and Caron probably isn't that appealing to them.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:34 PM
redsox7327

If we trade Subban, we better win the Stanley Cup this year or I'm going to be mad!!!

Old
03-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
If we trade Subban, we better win the Stanley Cup this year or I'm going to be mad!!!
Oh for real??

Old
03-24-2013, 09:42 PM
DoubleAAAA

Iggy upping his trade value with a beauty game winner.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
hmmm NO!!

He is out performing Loui not by much but still out performing him.

I would not want to give much in any case.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Danton Heineken
Unlimited Pasta Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
Mark Spector Sports ‏ 2m
Source confirming that #CalgaryFlames are asking for TWO prospects and a draft pick for Jarome Iginla. No question, Iggy being shopped.

Subban, Caron, 1st? I don't go anything higher than that, and Caron probably isn't that appealing to them.
I wonder if Chiarelli considers that the "ultra stratosphere"

Old
03-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

You guys really need to watch the west more often. Iginla would only be second to Krejci this year as far as the talent on the bruins.

Iginla trains in the off season with Lucic. Iginla is friends with Lucic, Ference and Bergeron. Caron, Koko, spooner or Knight will challenge for a third line spot in Boston in the coming years. Not all of them are needed in Boston. Iginla is a great PP scorer.

The team needs someone to play for. There seems to be a genuine lack of interest in playing with intensity in Boston. Add someone to play for and the Cup aspirations are legit. Boston is ready to finally add the final piece of that 2004 Flames team the Chiarelli admired so much.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:50 PM
TheBigZ

Haggs has said that the bruins consider Subban to be "untouchable" so I doubt we would see him go to Calgary

Closed Thread