Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion III

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Afam*

vCash: 500
I would do spooner, caron.koko and a pick. Too high I know but I don't want us to loose Subban especially if he doesn't sign with us. Spooner, Koko and a first is a good haul for Knight. Definitely a fair trade for both sides.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:54 PM
BruinsBtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
You guys really need to watch the west more often. Iginla would only be second to Krejci this year as far as the talent on the bruins.

Iginla trains in the off season with Lucic. Iginla is friends with Lucic, Ference and Bergeron. Caron, Koko, spooner or Knight will challenge for a third line spot in Boston in the coming years. Not all of them are needed in Boston. Iginla is a great PP scorer.

The team needs someone to play for. There seems to be a genuine lack of interest in playing with intensity in Boston. Add someone to play for and the Cup aspirations are legit. Boston is ready to finally add the final piece of that 2004 Flames team the Chiarelli admired so much.
So you're saying he would re-sign?

Because that's the question that needs to be answered. I would give up the farm for Iginla with a 3yr/5m deal.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:55 PM
GodTukka*

I'm still saying Calgary sends Iginla to LA

It would look like this:

To Calgary:

Bernier
Toffoli
1st rounder

To LA:

Iginla
pick
Depth d-man, maybe Butler

Old
03-24-2013, 10:59 PM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Thanks for breaking the news!
I did not see that it had been posted. No need to be a smart a$$ about it. .too many d bags on this board.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:01 PM
GodTukka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post

I agree that both the Kings and the Hawks can beat our offers by quite a bit. It is probably just because he is such a prototypical Bruin in style but I think he is coming here nonetheless. Btw Butler is terrible Kings can do better
I just say Butler because he's probably just gonna be thrown in as a "whatever" piece

I would say Bouwmeester but that's just absurd from a cap standpoint

Old
03-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
You guys really need to watch the west more often. Iginla would only be second to Krejci this year as far as the talent on the bruins.
Iginla trains in the off season with Lucic. Iginla is friends with Lucic, Ference and Bergeron. Caron, Koko, spooner or Knight will challenge for a third line spot in Boston in the coming years. Not all of them are needed in Boston. Iginla is a great PP scorer.
The team needs someone to play for. There seems to be a genuine lack of interest in playing with intensity in Boston. Add someone to play for and the Cup aspirations are legit. Boston is ready to finally add the final piece of that 2004 Flames team the Chiarelli admired so much.
I respectfully disagree. The 2013 Iginla version does not possess the talent of Seguin, Marchand, Bergeron. Jaromir Jagr is a superior PP scorer. Horton will remain a floater in spite of. I don't believe in the 'final piece' theory.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:21 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
no way do I do that. I hoestly don't know if Iginla has a lot left to give....he is having an AWFUL season.
He has 9 goals and 13 assists and is a slow starter. I'd hardly call that an AWFUL season.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post

I agree that both the Kings and the Hawks can beat our offers by quite a bit. It is probably just because he is such a prototypical Bruin in style but I think he is coming here nonetheless. Btw Butler is terrible Kings can do better Edit not laughing at your post, I just put the emoticon in the wrong place.
Hawks can beat the B's offer but it isn't worth it for Hawks

Old
03-24-2013, 11:31 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
If we trade Subban, we better win the Stanley Cup this year or I'm going to be mad!!!
when I was a kid we traded for Jacques Plante a rental- and he got a shut out his first game and played 8 games going 7-1. He is arguably one of the top 5 goalies that ever played.

For those wonderful 8 games and I was so freaking happy to get him we gave up our number one pick to Toronto of all teams.

The problem was Toronto took Ian Turmbull a defenseman who could really play, He became an all star, a dominant offensive blueliner- scored over 70 points, over 20 goals a few times, was plus minus near or above 50 and he has the record for most goals in a game (5) by a defenseman.

That sucks enough but had Boston had him they would have had him all those Stanley Cup series in the 70's they lost to Philly and Montreal- too-many-men-the-ice when the weak link was their defense.

as I got older and realized what happened I wanted to hurl everytime I saw Turmbull on the ice- so you older Leafs fans can feel good you totally hosed the Bruins even if it was 40 years ago

Old
03-24-2013, 11:31 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
If only it were that easy. I get the "go for it" mentality, but it could easily be:

Trade a first and prospect for Iginla

Lose in first round

Iginla walks
Why make any moves at all when you could lose in the first round? You gave the worst case scenario, which is possible (see last year), but if the worst case scenario comes to past I will guarantee it wont be because the Bruins got Iginla. Id rather my General Manager did everything to win instead of passively sitting on the sidelines.

Id find it difficult to trade Spooner for Iginla, however Iginla ended up in Calgary from Dallas for Joe Nieuwendyk. Dallas won a cup and went to the finals the year after and Calgary got a top line player for the next 15 years. Id say even if Spooner became a top-line player and Iginla helped us win a second cup, thats a fair trade in my book. Im not even saying I would have to guts to make that trade, but just something to keep things in perspective.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
so how many of the people calling Iginla washed up have actually watched him play this year? He has more points than Lucic and Horton and while I only saw him play once this year (against Colorado), he was easily the best Calgary player on the ice and didn't look like he had slowed down much to me. I think he would definitely add a lot to this team, but it's definitely hard to nail down a fair price. The Bruins biggest problems seem to be mental and I don't know if adding Iginla necessarily fixes that. At the very least it sends a message to the team that management still thinks they are contenders and still intend to 'go for it', so maybe that is enough to wake the guys up.
(Above are) As good as anyone's reasons for wanting Iggy. From the few clips that I've seen of him he seems to have to be the star player and the head cheerleader every game for the Flames with little help. Eventually that become debilitating. He would most probably really benefit from a move here. Adreneline and going to work with a team that has a chance to win it every year could definitely rejuvenate and jump start/prolong his career IMHO.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Danton Heineken
Unlimited Pasta Goal

Anton Babchuk and Cory Sarich are on the block. I'd take either one for the right price.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:44 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Anton Babchuk and Cory Sarich are on the block. I'd take either one for the right price.
Because you want to decrease the bruins chances of winning?

Old
03-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Stone Clode
Kicks him, stunner!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Because you want to decrease the bruins chances of winning?
Yeah, because both guys are SO MUCH WORSE than Aaron Johnson and Matt Bartkowski. Good depth move IMO.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:55 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadChara33 View Post
Yeah, because both guys are SO MUCH WORSE than Aaron Johnson and Matt Bartkowski. Good depth move IMO.
Babchuk can’t play important defensive minutes and is only effective when you use him in a PP/offensive role. For Babchuk to be an effective player it means less offensive TOI for players like Chara and Hamilton. Chara and Hamilton are far better offensive players than Babchuk and I don’t see Babchuk as a defensive upgrade on Johnson or Bartkowski. Babchuk has no role to play with Boston where he could be effective.

Sarich is a 34 year old low skilled defensive defenceman who is playing 12 minutes a night on a terrible Calgary team. He plays very few penalty minutes and is probably at the end of his career considering his skill set and age. He’s better than Barkowski but not Johnson at this stage, quite frankly I don’t see him as anything worth getting.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:59 PM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

Iginlas washed up he's terrible. I know this cause I looked at his stats on nhl dot com!

Old
03-25-2013, 12:11 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Iginlas washed up he's terrible. I know this cause I looked at his stats on nhl dot com!

man, you are cool being all wise-ass and ****. Wish I was as cyber-cool as you.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Babchuk can’t play important defensive minutes and is only effective when you use him in a PP/offensive role. For Babchuk to be an effective player it means less offensive TOI for players like Chara and Hamilton. Chara and Hamilton are far better offensive players than Babchuk and I don’t see Babchuk as a defensive upgrade on Johnson or Bartkowski. Babchuk has no role to play with Boston where he could be effective.

Sarich is a 34 year old low skilled defensive defenceman who is playing 12 minutes a night on a terrible Calgary team. He plays very few penalty minutes and is probably at the end of his career considering his skill set and age. He’s better than Barkowski but not Johnson at this stage, quite frankly I don’t see him as anything worth getting.
With all due respect Finch there are a couple of comparisons to current B's d-men that seem to be incomplete to the overall defensive crew.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s better than Barkowski but not Johnson at this stage, quite frankly I don’t see him as anything worth getting. Still may have something to offer, What are his stats, his size, injury history? How is his scoring touch off the point and during PP's? The whole picture besides his age?

For Babchuk to be an effective player it means less offensive TOI for players like Chara and Hamilton.
...Have you forgotten PP time? Nothing wrong with a more offensive dman.

Chara and Hamilton are far better offensive players than Babchuk and I don’t see Babchuk as a defensive upgrade on Johnson or Bartkowski.
[/B] They are but then there's a gap. Boychuk is good and then there's the drop off of McQuaid and Ference.

Last edited by Strafer: 03-25-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 12:20 AM
GodTukka*

Quote:
He does have a point though.

Casual fans base everything on stats, not watching the actual player play the game.

For example, i got into an argument on another board with another Bruins fan as to why Horton and Lucic have been "mostly invisible" and they responded with "ya horton and looch are 5th and 6th in scoring they must really suck" which is just bad

Old
03-25-2013, 12:27 AM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Easy killer. Just pointing out that it's slightly crazy to judge a player that the majority here haven't even seen this season. Let alone accuse him of being washed up.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:30 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

If Chiarelli offered Koko and a 2nd for Brendan Morrow (a move I would have been absolutely livid about) then you must assume he is going all in at some point.

He's going for Iginla....

Koko, Caron and a 1st? It's hefty for a rental and it won't be enough.

I'd throw Subban in the mix as well. We have Rask (who is very young still) and Svedberg is 23. Subban could be years away from playing, we can find another goaltending prospect, we should not feel rushed in that regard.

I think Iginla will be a Bruin and I don't think any of us will like the price. The trade will be scoffed at on the trade boards, we will feel fleeced.

Then we will see him in the playoffs, adding leadership, skill, grit and toughness to a team who has some forwards who need to see him and the way he carries himself and we will feel like we got a steal. He would be one of this teams best 3 forwards the moment he walked into the locker room.

Marchand - Bergy - Iginla
Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Pevvy - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I'm sorry, I'd give up a prospect or two and a pick too see that lineup in the playoffs.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:47 AM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
If Chiarelli offered Koko and a 2nd for Brendan Morrow (a move I would have been absolutely livid about) then you must assume he is going all in at some point.

He's going for Iginla....

Koko, Caron and a 1st? It's hefty for a rental and it won't be enough.

I'd throw Subban in the mix as well. We have Rask (who is very young still) and Svedberg is 23. Subban could be years away from playing, we can find another goaltending prospect, we should not feel rushed in that regard.

I think Iginla will be a Bruin and I don't think any of us will like the price. The trade will be scoffed at on the trade boards, we will feel fleeced.

Then we will see him in the playoffs, adding leadership, skill, grit and toughness to a team who has some forwards who need to see him and the way he carries himself and we will feel like we got a steal. He would be one of this teams best 3 forwards the moment he walked into the locker room.

Marchand - Bergy - Iginla
Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Pevvy - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I'm sorry, I'd give up a prospect or two and a pick too see that lineup in the playoffs.
Can I get an amen?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
One thing to consider is that the Bruins have little leverage when it comes to Horton. Yea he has he concussion issues, but who do they have that could replace his production? They have pretty much swung and missed 2 years in a row trying to replace Ryder, never mind a guy like Horton.

Throw Iginla into the mix (who seems like a guy who does not want to jump from team to team) and suddenly you have that leverage. Now Horton sees his replacement skating next to him if he wishes to play hard ball with the Bruins.

Also, its going to be funny to relive this thread in a few years when Chara is retired. Everyone not wanting to give up a KHL flight risk for a HOF winger.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:53 AM
thegodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
One thing to consider is that the Bruins have little leverage when it comes to Horton. Yea he has he concussion issues, but who do they have that could replace his production? They have pretty much swung and missed 2 years in a row trying to replace Ryder, never mind a guy like Horton.

Throw Iginla into the mix (who seems like a guy who does not want to jump from team to team) and suddenly you have that leverage. Now Horton sees his replacement skating next to him if he wishes to play hard ball with the Bruins.

He can play hardball all he wants though Morris; this year he has not earned it and if he plays hardball with the Bruins then you let him walk.

Sure you get nothing for him, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
He can play hardball all he wants though Morris; this year he has not earned it and if he plays hardball with the Bruins then you let him walk.

Sure you get nothing for him, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet.
And who from the scrap heap UFA group or underperforming wing prospect is going to come in and take his place?

Closed Thread