Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion III

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 12:24 AM
GodTukka*

vCash: 500
Usually they only say they agree to waive their NTC when a deal is imminent, so something could be brewing.

No point posting what is already fact on twitter

Old
03-25-2013, 02:11 AM
Mione134

All I know is, if its one of our top prospects going out to Calgary, I want assurance Iggy will resign with us.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:20 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
at some of you

Koko, Subban & a first for Iggy?

Now I remembered why I don't come in here
9 days ago

@dominictiano
Quote:
1st round pick, and a couple of prospects
Lol...

at you

Maybe you are the reason he doesn't come here anymore

Old
03-25-2013, 02:22 AM
Kitchener Boy

Don't give away the farm for a old rental player.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:36 AM
GodTukka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
All I know is, if its one of our top prospects going out to Calgary, I want assurance Iggy will resign with us.
For whatever it's worth, i was watching the Jets pregame and they had a writer from the Calgary Herald on and they claim that Iginla is also seeking a commitment (More then a couple games and a playoff run) for whatever team he moves on to.

I'd be a little more relived if we got him for 2/3 years despite what the cost might be

Old
03-25-2013, 03:19 AM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
9 days ago

@dominictiano

Lol...

at you

Maybe you are the reason he doesn't come here anymore

People just need to accept that Dom sits on the Iron Throne and knows his ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
For whatever it's worth, i was watching the Jets pregame and they had a writer from the Calgary Herald on and they claim that Iginla is also seeking a commitment (More then a couple games and a playoff run) for whatever team he moves on to.

I'd be a little more relived if we got him for 2/3 years despite what the cost might be
This makes me a little bit more relieved as well. I'm just worried at how much it's gonna cost.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:29 AM
westernhome

Quote:

agree with you, he is the same age as Chara who is a super disciplined extremely fit year round athlete, they would probably be good for each other as peers

Old
03-25-2013, 05:36 AM
Afam
Nigeria&Usa

I saw on a couple of websites that Jarome Iginila has waived his no trade clause. Side note is lebrun a relable hockey insider. I just followed Dreger and him on twitter.

Last edited by Afam: 03-25-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 05:47 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

bye bye Horty if so

Old
03-25-2013, 05:48 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
I saw on a couple of websites that Jarome Iginila has waived his no trade clause. Side note is lebrun a relable hockey insider. I just followed Dreger and him on twitter.
Not typically a guy who puts out Eklund-like rumours. Pretty reliable IMO for what that`s worth

Old
03-25-2013, 05:51 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
If Chiarelli offered Koko and a 2nd for Brendan Morrow (a move I would have been absolutely livid about) then you must assume he is going all in at some point.

He's going for Iginla....

Koko, Caron and a 1st? It's hefty for a rental and it won't be enough.

I'd throw Subban in the mix as well. We have Rask (who is very young still) and Svedberg is 23. Subban could be years away from playing, we can find another goaltending prospect, we should not feel rushed in that regard.

I think Iginla will be a Bruin and I don't think any of us will like the price. The trade will be scoffed at on the trade boards, we will feel fleeced.

Then we will see him in the playoffs, adding leadership, skill, grit and toughness to a team who has some forwards who need to see him and the way he carries himself and we will feel like we got a steal. He would be one of this teams best 3 forwards the moment he walked into the locker room.

Marchand - Bergy - Iginla
Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Pevvy - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I'm sorry, I'd give up a prospect or two and a pick too see that lineup in the playoffs.
Totally guessing but I`d wager two things in which Morrow wasn`t 100% thrilled with that the B`s didn`t offer and that the Pens did

1- With the Pens, reports say he`ll be playing 2nd line minutes (having watched only about 3-4 Stars games, not sure he could supplant anyone in our top 6)

2- I think that Chia was/is reluctant to potentially sign him for beyond this run which is something I get the sense Morrow wanted.

Iggy is NOT the Iggy of even 2 years ago however, I would be far more comfortable signing him on for a year, two tops longer way before offering Morrow anything other than being a pure rental

Old
03-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Afam
Nigeria&Usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Not typically a guy who puts out Eklund-like rumours. Pretty reliable IMO for what that`s worth
Thanks Bro. I saw that dreger tweeted him so I thought he might be legit. Mckenzie seems pretty could too. What's your thought on Jarome iginla waving his no trade clause. Does it seem legit to you. It is not visible on the internet unless you type Jarome Iginla waves his no trade clause.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:15 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Thanks Bro. I saw that dreger tweeted him so I thought he might be legit. Mckenzie seems pretty could too. What's your thought on Jarome iginla waving his no trade clause. Does it seem legit to you. It is not visible on the internet unless you type Jarome Iginla waves his no trade clause.
I`ll believe it when I see it (Iggy moving), I have less confidence in Feaster accepting the Flames won`t make the playoffs than Iggy accepting a move somewhere.

Would Iggy be a fit on the Bruins?? Yep, but he`ll cost a price, and it will be much higher than the one the Penguins paid for Morrow who`s a guy who is not close to having the game he had. I don`t want to see the Bruins hand the farm over for Iggy but....... I`d give up a 1st rounder/Krug and a Caron to get him, like Morrow, Iggy`s game isn`t as relevant as it once was, nor has his game fallen as much as Morrow`s either

The Flames, totally guessing will be asking for a 1st, Spooner and a Krug/Caron, switch Koko with Spooner and I`m in

Old
03-25-2013, 06:31 AM
Afam
Nigeria&Usa

Quote:
I`ll believe it when I see it (Iggy moving), I have less confidence in Feaster accepting the Flames won`t make the playoffs than Iggy accepting a move somewhere.

Would Iggy be a fit on the Bruins?? Yep, but he`ll cost a price, and it will be much higher than the one the Penguins paid for Morrow who`s a guy who is not close to having the game he had. I don`t want to see the Bruins hand the farm over for Iggy but....... I`d give up a 1st rounder/Krug and a Caron to get him, like Morrow, Iggy`s game isn`t as relevant as it once was, nor has his game fallen as much as Morrow`s either

The Flames, totally guessing will be asking for a 1st, Spooner and a Krug/Caron, switch Koko with Spooner and I`m in
I would do Koko,(good prospect) Spooner(good prospect) No picks. Take out Spooner and add caron and I will give them a 1st round pick and a conditionally 4th round pick if he resigns with us. Give the flames all three prospects in spooner, koko and subban is too much for a rental. Might as well go after Corey Perry.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:41 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
I would do Koko,(good prospect) Spooner(good prospect) No picks. Take out Spooner and add caron and I will give them a 1st round pick and a conditionally 4th round pick if he resigns with us. Give the flames all three prospects in spooner, koko and subban is too much for a rental. Might as well go after Corey Perry.
Forget it Chiarelli is at a complete position of strength

Old
03-25-2013, 06:42 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

This place had become Las Vegas meets Disney

Old
03-25-2013, 06:48 AM
BergyMeister
Overpaid Grinder

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
This place had become Las Vegas meets Disney
It is entertaining reading though.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
But why does it have to be a UFA or prospect...

Who's to say it's not Seguin.

With the salary cap coming down, work will have to be done with the current Bruins lineup to get this team closer to the cap next year.
Seguin's already the best right wing we have. He can't be the second best as well. And the 3rd, and the 4th, and the 5th.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:56 AM
TCL40

Quote:
bye bye Horty if so
I am fine with this.

Horton was already a streaky player, with a lot of talent when we got him, now he is worse than streaky and his talent seems to have disappeared since his concussions. About the only thing left behind is the streaky part.

Whether the team picks up Iginla or not, I am to the point where I hope they do not re-sign Horton and look for some other sniper type winger.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Fenian24

Before Chiarelli took over, the Bruins last really good team was the 2001-2002 team that led the eastern conference in points but lost to the Canadiens in the first round. Even when they were up 3 games to 1 I said the slow defense would do them in, they needed at least one fast defenseman to offset molasses Gill if nothing else.
These are the defensemen that moved, as well as a couple scorers that may have helped the cause:

Tom Poti
Darius Kasparaitis
Jaro Spacek
Pavel Bure

Draft picks and prospects were the major piece in these deals going back to the other teams.
Here is a list of the Bruins top prospects from that year:

Lee Goren
Jay Henderson
Andy Hilbert
Cameron Mann
Kyle Wanvig
Nick Boynton
Jonathan Girard
Martin Grenier

Boynton had a nice career, Girard could have been special but tell me you wouldn't have traded the whole list for a better shot at a cup.

Don't overrate the Spooners, Knights, Subbans etc for a "rent a player" who can win you another cup, even if the current group pans out and has some legit NHLers in it they don't equal another championship.
The Bruins have a chance this year, with only Pittsburgh in the east looking like a better team and the Sabres having their number, to make another final and win another cup, I would rather have that then ten years of getting bounced in the second round with Spooner, Knight and Subban

Old
03-25-2013, 07:00 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle10275932/

Get ready for the rumors to fly off the handle

Old
03-25-2013, 07:01 AM
cat400

ON Sportsnet's Flames Game last night John Shannon wondered whether Iggy had lost a step and his goal-scoring hands (that was before he scored in the 3rd).

Doug MacLean was excited that Iggy was finally going to get a centre to complement his talent.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post

So glad I have a busy day today to stay distracted lol.

I am Boston Strong

Old
03-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post

Feaster will want a kings ransome... wouldn't be surprised to see Iginla stay in Calgary and walk in the summer as a FA.

What a **** show Calgary is.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:05 AM
BergyMeister
Overpaid Grinder

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Feaster will want a kings ransome... wouldn't be surprised to see Iginla stay in Calgary and walk in the summer as a FA.

What a **** show Calgary is.
If I "had" to make a bet this would be my wager.

Closed Thread