2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion III

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 09:20 AM
cat400

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
For everyone who says "Iginla is a shell of his former self, etc. etc."... how many times have you watched him play this year? Genuinely curious. I'm of the opinion these talent evaluations get spouted once or twice then spread like wildfire. He'd be one of the 3 best forwards on this team right now.
I have watched the Flames over the last two weeks and at times you have to watch closely to notice Jerome.

Could be:

1. he is uninspired and is just playing out the string on a lousy team?

2. as Sportsnet John Shannon surmised he has lost a step and his scoring touch around the net?

3. that he didn't play during the lockout and is nursing aches and pains as he finally rounds into shape?

Old
03-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec 11h
Source confirming that #CalgaryFlames are asking for TWO prospects and a draft pick for Jarome Iginla. No question, Iggy being shopped.

Spooner, Caron and a #1? Other teams may have more to offer. LA with Tyler Toffoli? Chicago with Brandon Saad?
If Toffoli or Saad are on the table Boston would be hard pressed to match. One is tearing up the AHL (and looking good in the NHL now) and one is already a solid contributing member to one of the best teams in the league. Boston has nothing similar to base a deal around,

LA would likely be including Bernier as one of the prospects, his name is simply floated to much in this talk for there not to be fire there. The other I doubt is Toffoli, perhaps Forbort, Kozun or Pearson. They can probably put together the most solid offer but I'm still not sure they make good partners due to Iginlas importance to Calgary and LA being in the same division next season.

Makes it tough on Boston. Starts with Subban imo and then you add either Spooner (no doubt Calgary's choice) or Koko plus the 1st. I'd think about it personally, because I'm not all that high on any goalie prospect (they're so hard to gauge), the first will be late, and you have to give a bit to get. I'd then work my ass off to resign Iginla to make it actually worth it.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:25 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
If Toffoli or Saad are on the table Boston would be hard pressed to match. One is tearing up the AHL and one is already a solid contributing member to one of the best teams in the league. Boston has nothing similar to base a deal around,

LA would likely be including Bernier as one of the prospects, his name is simply floated to much in this talk for there not to be fire there. The other I doubt is Toffoli, perhaps Forbort, Kozun or Pearson.

Makes it tough on Boston. Starts with Subban imo and then you add either Spooner (no doubt Calgary's choice) or Koko plus the 1st.
The question is whether or not Chicago and LA would be willing to pay that much. Also gotta think moving Iginla out of conference could help differentiate between two deals with similar value.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:26 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
If Toffoli or Saad are on the table Boston would be hard pressed to match. One is tearing up the AHL (and looking good in the NHL now) and one is already a solid contributing member to one of the best teams in the league. Boston has nothing similar to base a deal around,

LA would likely be including Bernier as one of the prospects, his name is simply floated to much in this talk for there not to be fire there. The other I doubt is Toffoli, perhaps Forbort, Kozun or Pearson. They can probably put together the most solid offer but I'm still not sure they make good partners due to Iginlas importance to Calgary and LA being in the same division next season.

Makes it tough on Boston. Starts with Subban imo and then you add either Spooner (no doubt Calgary's choice) or Koko plus the 1st. I'd think about it personally, because I'm not all that high on any goalie prospect (they're so hard to gauge), the first will be late, and you have to give a bit to get. I'd then work my ass off to resign Iginla to make it actually worth it.
Would you do Subban, Peverley, and 1st since we'd likely have to move him to re-sign Iginla anyway?

Old
03-25-2013, 09:27 AM
bp13

Quote:

If Spooner, Subban and Koko re-entered the draft this year, where would they get picked?

Old
03-25-2013, 09:29 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Would you do Subban, Peverley, and 1st since we'd likely have to move him to re-sign Iginla anyway?
I'd rather keep him and move him in the summer if necessary. I think we need him too much now if we're trying to make a cup run.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
The question is whether or not Chicago and LA would be willing to pay that much. Also gotta think moving Iginla out of conference could help differentiate between two deals with similar value.
I doubt it. Still both have a solid stable of prospects imo.

Chicago with McNeill, Teravainen, Pirrvi (or however you spell it), Hayesx2, etc...

LA has Kozun, Weal, Pearson, Gibson, Forbort, Muzzin, etc...

East/West thing is in our favor though.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:30 AM
PoweredByRICE
Hates your team

Major thing I have noticed about Iginla last 4-5 games I've watched of Calgary is that he is making plays and turning pucks over but the rest of his line matss are just plain awful and are not cashing in..not only that they aren't providing many scoring opportunities for him he's creating his own . He looks disinterested however which may mean he's ready to move on. He hasnt fought at all. Maybe he's saving himself for the Bruins lol

Old
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1384863

Closed Thread