HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[Van/PHI] Offseason trade

Old
03-15-2013, 08:53 PM
CAPiTA

vCash: 500
[Van/PHI] Offseason trade

Ok guys, lets assume the Flyers miss the playoffs, in part to the shoddy goaltending they've gotten from Bryzgalov. Philly uses their amnesty buyout on him on July 1. I think this definitely happens if the Flyers miss the playoffs, and still could happen if the Flyers don't make it past the 2nd round again.

I think the flyers can afford to move a center with Giroux, Schenn, Briere, Couturier and Read all capable of playing down the middle, not to mention Scott Laughton coming down the pipeline.

It goes without saying that the Flyers are looking to improve their goaltending and the mobility of their defense so here's my proposal:

To
Schneider
Ballard
1st

To
Couturier
Talbot or Rinaldo (if Talbot is thought to be too valuable)
2nd

Flyers get their starting goalie for the foreseeable future and a D-man who can skate. I watch every Canucks game and fail to see why Keith Ballard is given the short end of the stick. I really think he could thrive in a different market with more opportunity, particularly on the PP, which he could probably get in Philly.

Canucks get a young 3C who is great defensively, and add grit and/or toughness.

Well, have at it.

CAPiTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:55 PM
ronnyweed

The owner of the flyers was the one who decided to sign bryz, doubt he buys him out

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
hockeyfreak7

Flyers are not the least bit interested in Ballard. If the Flyers miss the playoffs, their 2nd is not going to a much worse pick in this draft than the Canucks 1st.

I wouldn't give you Rinaldo/Talbot for Ballard, so that leaves Couturier for Schneider-- I don't like it. I'd rather put together an offer for Luongo than give up Couturier for Schneider.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
The owner of the flyers was the one who decided to sign bryz, doubt he buys him out
Snider wants to win once more before he dies. If it meant the difference between being closer to that goal and the money left on Bryzgalov's contract, he'd eat every penny.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:26 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Flyers are not the least bit interested in Ballard. If the Flyers miss the playoffs, their 2nd is not going to a much worse pick in this draft than the Canucks 1st.

I wouldn't give you Rinaldo/Talbot for Ballard, so that leaves Couturier for Schneider-- I don't like it. I'd rather put together an offer for Luongo than give up Couturier for Schneider.
You can't just disregard the difference in draft picks. Right now the Flyers would be moving up from 38th to 26th. That holds value.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:31 PM
achdumeingute

I have zero interest. Ballard doesn't help at all, Schneider solves absolutely nothing. Let Couturier get more experience and get a Jordan Staal type return in a few years.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:37 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPiTA View Post
Ok guys, lets assume the Flyers miss the playoffs, in part to the shoddy goaltending they've gotten from Bryzgalov. Philly uses their amnesty buyout on him on July 1. I think this definitely happens if the Flyers miss the playoffs, and still could happen if the Flyers don't make it past the 2nd round again.

I think the flyers can afford to move a center with Giroux, Schenn, Briere, Couturier and Read all capable of playing down the middle, not to mention Scott Laughton coming down the pipeline.

It goes without saying that the Flyers are looking to improve their goaltending and the mobility of their defense so here's my proposal:

To
Schneider
Ballard
1st

To
Couturier
Talbot

Flyers get their starting goalie for the foreseeable future and a D-man who can skate. I watch every Canucks game and fail to see why Keith Ballard is given the short end of the stick. I really think he could thrive in a different market with more opportunity, particularly on the PP, which he could probably get in Philly.

Canucks get a young 3C who is great defensively, and add grit and/or toughness.

Well, have at it.
The value is good and from a Flyers standpoint it is a reasonable trade however Ballards contract is awful and he has no real value at this point. To do the deal Vancouver has to get a bad contract back or just do

To
Schneider
1st

To
Couturier
Talbot

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:40 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
The value is good and from a Flyers standpoint it is a reasonable trade however Ballards contract is awful and he has no real value at this point. To do the deal Vancouver has to get a bad contract back or just do

To
Schneider
1st

To
Couturier
Talbot
Put the 2nd back in and keep Talbot and I'd do it.

To
Schneider
1st

To
Couturier
2nd

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Put the 2nd back in and keep Talbot and I'd do it.

To
Schneider
1st

To
Couturier
2nd
I'd hope the Flyers would pass, easily.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:46 PM
greenstickytoes

Cooter isn't leavig philly for a goalie unless its Quick, Miller or Price.
And thats never gonna happen so don't waste your time making
threads like this.
Also i doubt out of all the teams Philly can trade with that Cooter
will end up in Vancouver.

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Devonator

I do not find this to be a bad proposal as a Flyer fan...I like Schnieder as a potential first string goalie....though Couts value is low right now because of his sophmore slump, I see him bouncing back and going onto having a great career.....

This is close.....though I hate the idea of giving up Couts right now ....

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:54 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
threads like this.
Bolded is laughable. Talk about over-valuing a young player. I realize Couturier is going to be a good 2 way center but be a little more realistic.

And the last part you said about Cooter in Cancouver.....why exactly do you think that?

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
seanlinden

I'm curious... what's the consensus amongst Flyer fans as to what the team actually needs?

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
threads like this.
Miller? He's garbage

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
I do not find this to be a bad proposal as a Flyer fan...I like Schnieder as a potential first string goalie....though Couts value is low right now because of his sophmore slump, I see him bouncing back and going onto having a great career.....

This is close.....though I hate the idea of giving up Couts right now ....
What's the point of this?

Put Bryzgalov on the Canucks and he looks fine. Schneider is better, but not massively so.

The Flyers forwards have not done their job in their own end this year, and their defensemen turn the puck over on the (attempted) breakout far too often, leading to prolonged shifts in their own end and, eventually, goals against.

Bryzgalov is part of the problem, to be sure. His tendency to let in soft goals is deflating, but the team just hasn't played well enough in their own end this year.

Trading Couturier for a young, high-end defenseman might make some sense. Trading him for (another) goalie does not.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:02 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
I'm curious... what's the consensus amongst Flyer fans as to what the team actually needs?
#1 defenseman. We need one in the worst way.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:03 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
#1 defenseman. We need one in the worst way.
Don't we all

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
What's the point of this?

Put Bryzgalov on the Canucks and he looks fine. Schneider is better, but not massively so.

The Flyers forwards have not done their job in their own end this year, and their defensemen turn the puck over on the (attempted) breakout far too often, leading to prolonged shifts in their own end and, eventually, goals against.

Bryzgalov is part of the problem, to be sure. His tendency to let in soft goals is deflating, but the team just hasn't played well enough in their own end this year.

Trading Couturier for a young, high-end defenseman might make some sense. Trading him for (another) goalie does not.
Well I think we can agree we need a top notch fast offensive minded defenceman and a solid goalie.....I like Schnieds...I think he can be solid.....I agree however I would feel bad about giving up Couts right now because you know he is going to be a good one, this year exempted of course.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Devonator

Quote:
As others have stated, we need a number one d man...someone like OEL in Phoenix or of that ilk....and we need a solid steady goalie that is not a flake but has consistency.....lets face it, Byrz is a disaster for us and will be bought out.....

Old
03-15-2013, 10:05 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
You can't just disregard the difference in draft picks. Right now the Flyers would be moving up from 38th to 26th. That holds value.
When we're talking about Schneider for Couturier do you really think the change from 38 to 26 really is a deciding factor for either team? Especially in a supposedly deep draft class, the likelihood of either pick being successful has more to do with the strength of the scouting department rather than a 12 spot jump from late 1st to early 2nd.

EDIT: I know Canucks fans won't like it, but this is probably the only way I'd give up Couturier:

Edler
Schneider

for

Couturier
Coburn

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:06 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
As others have stated, we need a number one d man...someone like OEL in Phoenix or of that ilk....and we need a solid steady goalie that is not a flake but has consistency.....lets face it, Byrz is a disaster for us and will be bought out.....
Obviously that's not going to happen, especially in a thread like this... where are the positional needs?

Old
03-15-2013, 10:07 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
When we're talking about Schneider for Couturier do you really think the change from 38 to 26 really is a deciding factor for either team? Especially in a supposedly deep draft class, the likelihood of either pick being successful has more to do with the strength of the scouting department rather than a 12 spot jump from late 1st to early 2nd.
It's a nice jump because you terribly under-rate Cory Schneider. That's fine though Couturier is going to be a gem

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Registered Nurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
threads like this.
What's so good about Miller?

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Obviously that's not going to happen, especially in a thread like this... where are the positional needs?
I don't understand what your asking?

The team has a solid line-up. It has an abundance of (young) talented forwards, and a very solid defense corps.

The Flyers lack a true #1D or, at minimum, a young, #2-3 PMD who can play big minutes with either Schenn or Coburn long-term.

It isn't a matter of needing a "position," but rather a particularly kind (and quality) of player.

If the goal is for Vancouver to acquire Couturier, Edler is probably the target, not Schneider or a collective of lesser pieces.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:12 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I don't understand what your asking?

The team has a solid line-up. It has an abundance of talented forwards, and a very solid defense corps.

The Flyers lack a true #1D or, at minimum, a young, #2-3 PMD.

It isn't a matter of needing a "position," but rather a particularly kind (and quality) of player.

If the goal is for Vancouver to acquire Couturier, Edler is probably the target, not Schneider or a collective of lesser pieces.
I'm asking where the weakness is. For a team with as much talent as Philly has, they should be in a playoff spot. Of course, the desire's for a #1 defenceman, but who doesn't want one of those?

The Flyers certainly have the talent on the blueline to go with 3 quality pairs instead of a go-to #1, so where is it going wrong? Bad mix? Realizing that targeting a top-of-the-lineup guy isn't realistic, what type of middle-of-the-lineup guys would the Flyers be looking for?