HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary-Carolina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 04:30 PM
  #1
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Calgary-Carolina

Curtis Glencross
Anton Babchuk
4th 2013

For

Jamie Mcbain
Jussi Jokinen
Phil di Giuseppe
Condtional 2nd (1st if Carolina makes it past round 1 in playoffs)

Babchuk, 4th- jokinen

Glencross-mcbain, di Giuseppe, 2nd

Why: Carolina adds a top 6 winger who is signed to a team friendly contract, can kill penaltys, is gritty, and can be relied on for at least 20 goals plus a Defencman they are familiar with in babchuk who is a RHD and can maybe take mcbains spot. Calgary gets a young RHD in mcbain who has good potential, plus di Giuseppe who is a young college prospect which Calgary seems to like, was a 2nd round pick last year plus a 2nd or a late 1st if Carolina makes it past round 1 in the playoffs

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
  #2
Cardiac_Canes
Registered User
 
Cardiac_Canes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Curtis Glencross
Anton Babchuk
4th 2013

For

Jamie Mcbain
Jussi Jokinen
Phil di Giuseppe
Condtional 2nd (1st if Carolina makes it past round 1 in playoffs)

Babchuk, 4th- jokinen

Glencross-mcbain, di Giuseppe, 2nd

Why: Carolina adds a top 6 winger who is signed to a team friendly contract, can kill penaltys, is gritty, and can be relied on for at least 20 goals plus a Defencman they are familiar with in babchuk who is a RHD and can maybe take mcbains spot. Calgary gets a young RHD in mcbain who has good potential, plus di Giuseppe who is a young college prospect which Calgary seems to like, was a 2nd round pick last year plus a 2nd or a late 1st if Carolina makes it past round 1 in the playoffs
Wow, brutal. Canes have 0 interest in Babchuk. You really think there's even the slightest chance they'd trade for him back after his history with the team? McBain is better than Babchuk so essentially we're giving you Jokinen, a 1st/2nd and a pretty good prospect for Glencross and a 4th?

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
  #3
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,567
vCash: 500
We'll take Babchuk for a 6th.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
  #4
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,028
vCash: 500
Yeah, no.

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
  #5
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Wow, brutal. Canes have 0 interest in Babchuk. You really think there's even the slightest chance they'd trade for him back after his history with the team? McBain is better than Babchuk so essentially we're giving you Jokinen, a 1st/2nd and a pretty good prospect for Glencross and a 4th?
The Anton memes aside...this. JR seems to be looking for a LHD who's more of a stay-at-home defensive d-man. Babchuk fills none of those criteria.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
  #6
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 34,430
vCash: 500
Glencross and Babchuk both have NMCs.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
  #7
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Glencross and Babchuk both have NMCs.
Who the hell gave Babchuk a NMC? LOL

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:39 PM
  #8
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,345
vCash: 500
I thought the consensus was that Glencross left money on the table to get his NMC, because he wants to live in Alberta.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:41 PM
  #9
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 34,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Who the hell gave Babchuk a NMC? LOL

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:48 PM
  #10
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,956
vCash: 500
well it has Rutherford acquire a player he previously had so it seems plausible.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:55 PM
  #11
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
What about remove babchuk and Jokinen from the deal. Maybe Calgary adds another Defencman. Sarich?? Smith?

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:06 PM
  #12
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
What about remove babchuk and Jokinen from the deal. Maybe Calgary adds another Defencman. Sarich?? Smith?
We're thin on wing prospects, it makes no sense to trade quite possibly our best one for a player we don't need in Glencross. I like Glencross, but trading McBain, di Giuseppe and a 2nd for him and Sarich doesn't really make any sense.

I'd give you a 3rd+5th for Sarich though.

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
  #13
SvenBartschi27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
no from the flames, would have to add a first at least to get glenx

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:49 PM
  #14
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
We're thin on wing prospects, it makes no sense to trade quite possibly our best one for a player we don't need in Glencross. I like Glencross, but trading McBain, di Giuseppe and a 2nd for him and Sarich doesn't really make any sense.

I'd give you a 3rd+5th for Sarich though.
Understandable. I honestly didn't know how high the hurricanes had di guiseppe rated.

I would take the 3rd and 5th for sarich

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.