HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Instigator Rule, Shot Blocking, The White House Are All On The Minds of LA Kings

Old
03-16-2013, 05:58 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Instigator Rule, Shot Blocking, The White House Are All On The Minds of LA Kings

NHLís Instigator Rule, Shot Blocking and The White House Are All On The Minds of the LA Kings

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:31 AM
jml87

I hate the instigator rule and I hate the visor rule even more. You want players to wear visors and yet you punish them when they don't have the time to throw off your helmet during a fight.

Fights are supposed to be spur of the moment. You are supposed to use them to show your support of a teammate. Instead they are like a side show with guys needing to ask for it first. Does a guy like Matt Cooke ask before he elbows a guy in the head? Obviously penalties and suspensions aren't enough cause they keep doing it.

And last night's hit was clean but it's hard to know that when a teammate is lying on the ground. Still I can almost stomach the instigator but I can't STAND the visor rule.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:35 PM
DaAnimal

Do you guys know if the US President will honor a Canadian team for winning the cup?

How does that work? Lets say for isntance if the Habs win the SC, who will honor them? Both US Presidents and the PM of Canada?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:47 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Do you guys know if the US President will honor a Canadian team for winning the cup?

How does that work? Lets say for isntance if the Habs win the SC, who will honor them? Both US Presidents and the PM of Canada?
I imagine just the PM.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Tadite

To the best of my knowledge if you win a major championship in a league that plays mostly in American you get to meet the president. Regardless if you're in the US or Canada.

Not that it's come up all that often lately (twice in 20 years?).

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:05 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
To the best of my knowledge if you win a major championship in a league that plays mostly in American you get to meet the president. Regardless if you're in the US or Canada.

Not that it's come up all that often lately (twice in 20 years?).
Pretty sure it's once unless I'm leaving out a sport. Last Canadian team win was the Canadiens unless it was the Blue Jays... I can't remember which year the Blue Jays won the World Series.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote