HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Oilers lose 3-2 ...Krueger ecstatic with the one point

Old
03-16-2013, 12:21 AM
UglyStupidAds

vCash: 500
All I will say is that Paul MacLean in Ottawa seems to have a lot of success in trusting his young players and allowing them to make mistakes. Krueger can't seem to do that with his young players.

UglyStupidAds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McIce Whole

Well, we are 4 points out of the playoffs now. This team has to win the next 3 games. Losing in OT is alright but we need to put together a three game winning streak here and that wont be easy. Just ridiculous. Krueger is an awful coach and what sucks even more is that he and Tambo will both be back next season

McIce Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Not to sound snippy, but look at the other threads on the first few pages.
One more post…

Then do something.... get some folks together and do something in the local media or market...

I have been to Edmonton, White Street on St. Pats day in fact... great town, awesome folks.... Get a group together and let management know you mean business! Typing on internet boards does little, be more active...

Good luck guys, after my CBJ pain I can feel yours….

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:22 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allforshow View Post
It's upsetting with how much it costs to go see one of these games to see the same disappointing out come night after night. I don't understand why people keep paying for this. I'm a long time oilers fan and I having been hoping for the best but I can't keep supporting this team and giving them my money. Look at the talent they have. There's nothing I want more then to see them succeed. I have now been to three games this year all disappointing. I have tickets for 2 more. I don't see it worth it to spend money to go to another game just to leave pissed off because of bad line changes and poor 3rd period play. Everyone needs to stop supporting send a message and let them know this is not ok
I won't support this organization financially in any way until this current regime is thrown out on their ass. They haven't got one red cent from me in any way the past 3-4 years, and it's going to stay that way until there are some major, major changes. Just firing Tambellini or Lowe is not enough. Both have to go, and the rest of the rot that clings to them like the leeches they are.

KarmaPolice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:23 AM
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
One more post…

Then do something.... get some folks together and do something in the local media or market...

I have been to Edmonton, White Street on St. Pats day in fact... great town, awesome folks.... Get a group together and let management know you mean business! Typing on internet boards does little, be more active...

Good luck guys, after my CBJ pain I can feel yours….
This board is a small contingent of Oiler fans spread out over a wide space.

As much as I want to see change, I'm not driving 3 hours out of my way to protest or something similar.

Really, the only way management will get the message is by empty seats, and good luck with that.

x GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:25 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Might not hurt to be patient with a rookie NHL head coach.

We always compare to other coaches, who have years of NHL experience.

We give our players a lot of benefit of the doubt.
Who's stupid enough to put in a rookie coach when this team is already full of n00bs at every position on the ice?

Oh right, nevermind.

It still might pay off, but it's a hell of a risk, and one that probably should have never been made to begin with. It defies logic.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
Yeah, well, when you're getting called for a penalty every time you touch a Wings player, and they get away with murder, that tends to happen.
Don't think you're getting my drift.
Wings tied the game on a PP called from a phantom high stick - Brown didn't touch him.
Franzen was running picks in our D zone all night and especially bad in the third without a call.

I'm disgusted with the state of affairs and NHL "officiating" - they made sure the Wings got back into that game.

Even the 2-1 goal was scored with Zetterburg chopping down J Schultz. Garbage.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Wings tied the game on a PP called from a phantom high stick - Brown didn't touch him.
Franzen was running picks in our D zone all night and especially bad in the third without a call.

I'm disgusted with the state of affairs and NHL "officiating" - they made sure the Wings got back into that game.

He definitely did, and it was definitely a penalty. Ericsson didn't react is all. That being said, I thought the refs missed at least 3 on the Wings in the third.

Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:29 AM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 104
Quote:

Don't forget the blatant missed call on Brown that had happened in the middle of the play during a PK. I can't remember the Red Wing, but I'm thinking it was Quincey. Takes down Brown from behind, and no hands go up.

That was infuriating.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McFuhryous

I went through all 27 Oilers games and broke down their record when they are leading after 2, trailing after 2 and tied after 2.

5 times they held a lead and won in regulation.
1 time they blew the lead, but won in OT/SO.
3 times they blew the lead and lost in OT/SO.
0 times they blew a lead and lost in regulation.
1 time they were down but won in regulation.
3 times they were down but won in OT/SO.
5 times they were down and lost in regulation.
2 times they were down but lost in OT/SO.

These are the most telling stats this coaching staff does not have a "go for the win" mentality.

When tied after 2, this team has ZERO wins in regulation.
When tied after 2, this team has ZERO wins in OT/SO
When tied after 2, this team has 1 loss in OT/SO.
When tied after 2, this team has SIX losses in regulation.

0-6-1 when points are still up for grabs. Yikes.

McFuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:

I did get your drift, and I agree with you. But when you're getting called for everything, even phantom calls, and you see the other team get away with everything, you tend to lay off since you don't want to put your team on the PK again. That's why the players let up physically in the game and OT, and I was referring to that in your last post when you said how soft Gagner and Petry were on the last goal.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
I won't support this organization financially in any way until this current regime is thrown out on their ass. They haven't got one red cent from me in any way the past 3-4 years, and it's going to stay that way until there are some major, major changes. Just firing Tambellini or Lowe is not enough. Both have to go, and the rest of the rot that clings to them like the leeches they are.
It's refreshing to see the media around the country calling out Oilers' management for the first time in four years. Nothing will probably come of it (and some of these critics write for The Hockey News *cough* Ryan Kennedy *cough) but it's refreshing all the same.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:30 AM
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
Don't forget the blatant missed call on Brown that had happened in the middle of the play during a PK. I can't remember the Red Wing, but I'm thinking it was Quincey. Takes down Brown from behind, and no hands go up.

That was infuriating.
They missed at least 3 or 4 obvious calls in the third. They nail even one and perhaps it's a different game.

x GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:31 AM
McDNicks17
Leon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Might not hurt to be patient with a rookie NHL head coach.

We always compare to other coaches, who have years of NHL experience.

We give our players a lot of benefit of the doubt.
I just can't.

The "playing not to lose" thing is such an obvious mistake.

It's like trying to have patience with a rookie defenseman who makes a drop pass to no one when he's the last man back....every game.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:32 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy View Post
He definitely did, and it was definitely a penalty. Ericsson didn't react is all. That being said, I thought the refs missed at least 3 on the Wings in the third.
I counted 3 Wings penalties in the last 3 minutes alone. Two interference, and one cross-checking/high-sticking. So there were definitely more than that.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Daryl Katz Fan Club*

Quote:

I honestly don't know what's a penalty anymore. It's so confusing, with all the changes and the varying standards. It used to be that if someone did something stupid, they got a penalty for it. The rule was then found by the ref to define their act of stupidity.

Now, they're supposed to be fishing for calls, because Bettman has decided that the NHL "brand" suffers when goal scoring is low, and power plays create goal scoring opportunities. But sometimes they fish and sometimes they just let them play, and that's where the confusion about standards originates from.

Daryl Katz Fan Club* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Philly85*
I Ain't Even Mad

Datsyuk has to be one of my favourite players of all time, if not my single favourite player. Poetry in motion.

Philly85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:37 AM
sepHF
Patreeky

So much venom for Petry... It was an unfortunate play but we shouldn't even have been on the PK. Krueger once again had the wrong personnel out there (Brown? Really?) and they changed their game plan to defend the lead instead of continuing with what brought then success in the first 2 periods.

Really sucks to lose because of dumb coaching.

I won't even go on about the refs putting away the whistles after Detroit last PP goal. I could go all night.

sepHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy View Post
I suggest you rewind your PVR.
I don't expect Refs to be perfect, that's tough to see at real time.
But if you're going to be quick to call that, don't pretend you didn't see the 4 or 5 obvious screens and picks that Detroit ran.

BUSH LEAGUE.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
So much venom for Petry... It was an unfortunate play but we shouldn't even have been on the PK. Krueger once again had the wrong personnel out there (Brown? Really?) and they changed their game plan to defend the lead instead of continuing with what brought then success in the first 2 periods.

Really sucks to lose because of dumb coaching.
And dumb coaching is really damning when you have last change.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:39 AM
The Perfect Human*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Datsyuk has to be one of my favourite players of all time, if not my single favourite player. Poetry in motion.
Yeah, he's hands down my favorite player of all time.

That's why I was so stoked about the way RNH played last year. Not necessarily as innovative or as effective as Datsyuk, but the style was there. The potential.

This year has been depressing though.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:40 AM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
It's hard to be upset a him. He is such a clean, fair and over anything else extremely talented player on both ends of the ice.

He's a real treat.

But **** him.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:42 AM
The Perfect Human*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
It's hard to be upset a him. He is such a clean, fair and over anything else extremely talented player on both ends of the ice.

He's a real treat.

But **** him.
If you switched the best Oiler for Datsyuk this team would make the playoffs.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:42 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It's refreshing to see the media around the country calling out Oilers' management for the first time in four years. Nothing will probably come of it (and some of these critics write for The Hockey News *cough* Ryan Kennedy *cough) but it's refreshing all the same.
It's about time. The Oilers' management has been given a LOT of rope the last 4-5 years, and now they're hanging themselves with it. It should be plain enough for anyone to see, and it's good that some in the media are noticing and calling it out. Hopefully more follow suit.

Can you imagine this team finishing 29th or 30th again? FOUR straight years!? For the team in the home of the 'City of Champions'? If there's not some kind of riot or protest of some form (ie. season ticket cancellations), then something is really wrong, or severe apathy has set in and people have just accepted it, which would be really unfortunate to witness.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

Two words. Lindy Ruff.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote