HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-2 ...Krueger ecstatic with the one point

Old
03-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
I think I know how Tambo feels. We win a couple of games and I start thinking maybe we finally turned the corner. Maybe our roster is fine and we just needed to mature a bit.

Problem is, I am a fan and he is the freakin GM of an NHL team. He should know how to identify and and at least make an attempt to fix the problem. No offense to anyone on this board, but he is as bad a GM as any one of us would be.
Tambo was thinking that during the embarrassing string of losses against the Blues, Wings and Preds on the roadtrip.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:46 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
This quote is enraging.

You mean like Yakupov? Yeah, not going to desert him in the 3rd...
pretty much everything Krueger does is enraging

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Distinct

"@JasonGregor: "Our mandate is never to sit back. We lost our gaps in the third and guys kept falling back. We want to attack." Krueger"

Of course he says this.

Distinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
How normal teams close out a game:

keep your 3 top lines together

don't play your 4th

pretty simple

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Absolute thrill of a video. Enjoy.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
pretty much everything Krueger does is enraging
Good point.

I think I actually dislike him more than Tambo.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oil4life14

Krueger should stick to coaching the Swiss national team. You can't coach this team the same way. It's not their character.

oil4life14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Hartikainen goal was BS.

We do horribly whenever we shorten our bench.

So why the hell do we shorten our bench?

Whenever we shorten our bench it seems that most of the team feels the pressure.

Just don't shorten the bench.

Don't take minutes away from effective players like Hartikianen and Brown.

With every loss, my hatred for Kevin Lowe grows exponentially.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oil Leaks
Unit 01

There always next year....

oil Leaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:48 PM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
Hey now.

When you think of an assistant coach that you want to help develop fully skilled based players, who are probably going to be up there with the best skill wise players in the league if developed correctly, who else comes to mind?
I wish I could even joke about it. But these ***holes are now totally exposed, and anyone who can't see it is completely blind. They're in it to hire them selves and rub each others backs. The 'old boys club', whatever you want to call it. As long as they keep important positions and good paychecks, that's all they care about--from Lowe down to trainers, who I'm sure are all related in some way to these 'club' members. They don't give a **** about the Oilers or Oilers fans--just their jobs and ensuring they keep each other employed. What a joke, and what an ugly mess of an organization.

Here's to 4 more years of last place finishes before anything is done to remove these clowns, who are all laughing at Oil fans while they take your money and pay themselves, their family and their old pals inflated salaries in positions they're not even remotely qualified to hold.

The truth hurts.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
"@JasonGregor: "Our mandate is never to sit back. We lost our gaps in the third and guys kept falling back. We want to attack." Krueger"

Of course he says this.
Nothing says attack like playing molasses slow Ryan Smyth over Nail Yakupov in overtime.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilphan

Quote:

Of course he says this.
I wish someone would confront him and ask if that was the case, why did he change the lineup that was attacking successfully in the first and second.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Good point.

I think I actually dislike him more than Tambo.
Tambellini can go take a hike. I've never seen a man so filled with smiles to be sitting at a TSN draft lottery.

McRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:

Of course he says this.
A lot of folks in the Edmonton media are tweeting these Krueger quotes to elicit a reaction... I just wish that they'd call out Krueger on it.

Last edited by Moonlapse Vertigo: 03-15-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allforshow View Post
I'm done with this team. I'm sick of traveling 12 hours and spending well over $1000 to come see these guys lose everytime in the same way. I'm not going to anymore games, throwing out all my jerseys and autographed stuff and I'm cheering for Vancouver from here on out. Done with these losers can't watch this garbage anymore. Scrap this rebuild, oilers are gonna be losers nothing can be done about it.
That escalated quickly.

Q Continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Either that or he doesn't realize the effects of his decisions. Like I said, the reasonable reaction from a player upon seeing the lines changed like that in that type of situation is going to be "OH MAN BETTER NOT GET SCORED ON" and the team will instantly turn passive.

Krueger can just plead the fifth and keep believing that it's okay just because he didn't explicitly tell them to go out and play scared, but the fact is that it's the message he constantly seems to be sending. Keep your hands off and let your players play sometimes.
While I don't expect Krueger to come out and say "I suck, we sucked". I expect a little bit of realism from him. The constant positives when losing are getting annoying; if he said something like "we had a good first 2 periods but once again we blew it in the in the third and its getting unacceptable, we have to learn how to close out games".

I would be fine with that, but this well we played good but we lost mentality is dumb. You want these players to dread losing.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:50 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Unfortunately we've been trying to sit on leads on all season, and is it working? Not at all. What are we 0 wins when leading after 2 periods?
hmmm, it's almost like we try not to lose and change our game when we have the lead... now i wonder whose fault that could be?

when will we wake up and fire krueger already?!? this is maddening

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allforshow View Post
I'm done with this team. I'm sick of traveling 12 hours and spending well over $1000 to come see these guys lose everytime in the same way. I'm not going to anymore games, throwing out all my jerseys and autographed stuff and I'm cheering for Vancouver from here on out. Done with these losers can't watch this garbage anymore. Scrap this rebuild, oilers are gonna be losers nothing can be done about it.
Hahaha... you'll be back! The last time I did that was in 1990 down 3-1 in the series and 3-1 in game five. Told myself I'd never do it again. Damned if hind sight isn't 20/20. As Krueger would say I've felt much pain. Just suffer bravely man! haha

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
The next time the Oilers go into the third period with a 2-0 lead i'm going to avatar bet that they lose the game. It's the same damn script every time.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Called it. Dubnyk on the ground early AGAIN. STAND THE **** UP and take the angle ffs. He's old enough now he should know this.
Yep. Goes down and then, can't lift his arms to cover top of the net. But, he is our 1B starter.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
A lot of folks in the Edmonton media are tweeting these Krueger quotes to elicit a reaction... I just wish that they're call out Krueger on it.
No one in the media here has the pills the question or challenge the team face-to-face. Larry Brooks is a tool but at least he calls ******** when he sees it.

Del Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Tambellini can go take a hike. I've never seen a man so filled with smiles to be sitting at a TSN draft lottery.
That's the other thing I liked about Burke. He looked like he wanted to strangle someone at the draft lottery.

Tambellini looks like he's going on vacation to Hawaii.

Our team personality filters down from the top down. Gutless.

Lowe was a competitor but the Pronger situation broke him.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Very true.
Until the "Old Boys Club" is eradicated, i just don't see this team realizing it's potential.
This is the only organization that would fire a GM then promote him (Lowe), promote the main assistant and the other staff members of 2 straight last place teams (Krueger and his staff), fire a coach then bring him back several years later in a promoted role (MacT), re-hire a GM who took maybe an even more inept organization and made them even worse if possible (Howson). Is there any other organization in all of sports that rewards ineptitude like this?
I have thought for years that Edmonton was polluted with the old boy club... This is not uncommon in the NHL, owners tend to seed their clubs to people they believe are hockey gurus.... but you know what, when teams lose consistently it's the owner who is ultimately the reason-they will not fire their buddies... To heck with the fans; my good ole boy President, GM or coach is more important!!!!!

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:53 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
While I don't expect Krueger to come out and say "I suck, we sucked". I expect a little bit of realism from him. The constant positives when losing are getting annoying; if he said something like "we had a good first 2 periods but once again we blew it in the in the third and its getting unacceptable, we have to learn how to close out games".

I would be fine with that, but this well we played good but we lost mentality is dumb. You want these players to dread losing.
They do dread losing. Which is why something as silly as trying to make your lines look more "responsible" even though you've been dominating the game is going to make your bench panic like hell and piss away a lead.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:53 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
hmmm, it's almost like we try not to lose and change our game when we have the lead... now i wonder whose fault that could be?

when will we wake up and fire krueger already?!? this is maddening
you can't fire Krueger now...makes this clown organization ever worse

4 coaches in 3 and a half years would look awful

I hate Krueger too at the moment but Tambo's gotta go before Krueger

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote