HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Which stick?

Old
03-24-2013, 02:10 AM
VanCity Canucks*

vCash: 500
Which stick?

I'm debating on which hockey stick to buy, just looking for some reviews from people on here who have maybe used these sticks or own one.

I recently bought the Ccm U+pro grip for $100 was $200
Now I'm kinda re thinking it, 2 other sticks have cought my eye (easton rs) and (easton mako) I have yet to use the ccm. From your perspective what stick would you chose? I know we all have different opinions on sticks and likes but some reviews wouldn't kill

Also if you have some good sticks that you would recommend feel free to share!

Thanks alot

VanCity Canucks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Joey Moss

Depends how the stick feels to you, but most people prefer the RS line to the Mako. At least the 2011 Mako and RS's..

Is it the RS2 and Mako2 you're comparing or just the originals? Personally I prefer the RS to the Mako but I prefer the Mako2 to the RS2. Just my opinion.. the Mako has been greatly improved and has taken over as Easton's best stick at the moment.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I would personally go Mako because I like sticks that have a higher feeling kickpoint, but that's PP. Do a search, there's been a lot of talk about the Makos lately and a couple good threads on sticks.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:34 PM
bojaffa

I'm currently using a Sherwood T-90.I have to say it's a solid performer for me so far.It's light and seems very durable so far.For the pricee it can't be beat.Other sticks in the same wieght range seem to be more expensive even on sale.I went with the PP26 pattern.

bojaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojaffa View Post
I'm currently using a Sherwood T-90.I have to say it's a solid performer for me so far.It's light and seems very durable so far.For the pricee it can't be beat.Other sticks in the same wieght range seem to be more expensive even on sale.I went with the PP26 pattern.
The reason it doesn't sell as much is because it's a really thicker shaft and doesn't feel great just holding it. Not to mention their isn't a lot of new technology involved with it. It's a pretty bland stick, nothing special. They made the t100's thinner and added things to the blade, they're pretty good sticks. Sherwood sticks typically aren't popular, but are growing.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The T100 intermediate is way too thin for anybody to use.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote