HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 08:28 AM
  #1
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,976
vCash: 500
Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

New thread.

Last three posts in the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
Thank you, he looks like a fun player to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Looks like he'd get mauled on smaller ice. Not expecting him to ever come to NA. Would be nice to see if he can do it, but not sure we'll ever see him play in NA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
His build looks similar to Johnson's, so he might be ok if he's careful. Tampa probably asked him if he wanted to come over before drafting him, so he likely has some interest in trying it. I'm not sure when his KHL contract ends, but it would be exciting to see Gusev, Kucherov, and Namestnikov on a Syracuse line this October.

LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:46 AM
  #2
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
I agree, Gusev / Namestnikov / Kucherov would be pretty fun to see. Nothing about this kid's game is like Johnson's though. Johnson is great in space, not as good as Gusev, but Johnson is a ****ing bulldog in puck battles and will go to the dirty areas too. Haven't seen enough of Gusev to know if he does the same, but given the bigger ice and style of play over seas, I don't think so. Zone entry in the KHL is much less contested because of the width of the rink and actual size of the offensive zone.

Hope he does come over and give it a go. Who knows, he could be fantastic on small ice for all we know.

zeykshade is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:47 AM
  #3
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,985
vCash: 500
I was reading on bolt prospects, when they were talking about Koekkoek signing, that the team wants to also sign Witkowski and Paquette but wasn't sure on Richard. Was wondering what people thought they'd do with him next year? He's too old for the CHL, not sure if he can get signed by the Crunch on an AHL contract without having signed an ELC?

HoseEmDown is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:09 AM
  #4
BoltSTH
Registered User
 
BoltSTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Ufa knocked out of KHL playoffs so Vasilevskiy is free to be signed and come to US.

BoltSTH is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:15 AM
  #5
Jacko95
Registered User
 
Jacko95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I was reading on bolt prospects, when they were talking about Koekkoek signing, that the team wants to also sign Witkowski and Paquette but wasn't sure on Richard. Was wondering what people thought they'd do with him next year? He's too old for the CHL, not sure if he can get signed by the Crunch on an AHL contract without having signed an ELC?
It would be dumb as hell to not sign him, he looks promising and played good in juniors, I would bet my account that he will be signed. He has great playmaking ability and plays as expected, so I can't see ANY reason to not sign him.
What I could see happening is, that he will be send back to Guelph for another year (overager). But it wouldn't make sense IMO

Jacko95 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:16 AM
  #6
Jacko95
Registered User
 
Jacko95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Ufa knocked out of KHL playoffs so Vasilevskiy is free to be signed and come to US.
He will play in the playoffs with Ufas MHL team, so we will have to wait a few more weeks

Jacko95 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:50 AM
  #7
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
It would be dumb as hell to not sign him, he looks promising and played good in juniors, I would bet my account that he will be signed. He has great playmaking ability and plays as expected, so I can't see ANY reason to not sign him.
What I could see happening is, that he will be send back to Guelph for another year (overager). But it wouldn't make sense IMO
Can he play another year? He was drafted as an overager and I thought this year was his last in CHL?
I think the reason we might not sign him this year is because of numbers and we are near the contract limit. With Sergeev, Kucherov, Witkowski and Paquette counting against next years, whike we also look for a college UFA he might have to wait to see if there's room for him. I'd prefer to sign him and let Hutchings walk, we'll have to see what SY has in mind.

HoseEmDown is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:00 AM
  #8
Jacko95
Registered User
 
Jacko95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Can he play another year? He was drafted as an overager and I thought this year was his last in CHL?
I think the reason we might not sign him this year is because of numbers and we are near the contract limit. With Sergeev, Kucherov, Witkowski and Paquette counting against next years, whike we also look for a college UFA he might have to wait to see if there's room for him. I'd prefer to sign him and let Hutchings walk, we'll have to see what SY has in mind.
He could play as an overager one more year yes, he is the same age as Paquette. But we get a lot of older AHL players of the books this summer, so I think we will find a place for him. W get 11 players of the book, who are not NHL regulars (except bergeron and Labrie) and Garon, Thompson and Crombeen, so I can't see a big problem with the contract limit. We have 48 contracts right now, but Kucherov, Koekkoek are already included.

Jacko95 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:11 AM
  #9
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I was reading on bolt prospects, when they were talking about Koekkoek signing, that the team wants to also sign Witkowski and Paquette but wasn't sure on Richard. Was wondering what people thought they'd do with him next year? He's too old for the CHL, not sure if he can get signed by the Crunch on an AHL contract without having signed an ELC?
It wasn't that they weren't interested, just they hadn't contacted him yet. Given how he played in the WJC/this season I doubt they let him go.

But just the same he is in the playoffs, why distract him with contract talk when SFY will have plenty of time to sign him once the season is over?

bassassin is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:44 AM
  #10
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
It wasn't that they weren't interested, just they hadn't contacted him yet. Given how he played in the WJC/this season I doubt they let him go.

But just the same he is in the playoffs, why distract him with contract talk when SFY will have plenty of time to sign him once the season is over?
Tanner Richard just tweeted the picture of him from the press box in ACC last night and thanked the Lightning for bringing him there.
Clicky

Don't think there's a lack of interest.

zeykshade is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
  #11
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,985
vCash: 500
I don't think there's a lack of interest, I just think he's lower on the priority list. We don't have to sign him this year anyway as we have his rights till next July. I just don't see another year in the CHL helping his development so wasn't sure what other options we had if we waited to sign him. Jacko is probably right in that we'll let a few forwards walk to make room.

HoseEmDown is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:07 PM
  #12
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,597
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey
Quote:
Both Desjardins and Helenius at Crunch practice today, getting ready to take team pic
Quote:
Regarding a possible callup from Crunch, BriseBois said that might have to be addressed later today.
Quote:
On an unrelated note, BriseBois said there is no chance Labrie would be with Crunch for playoffs. Fearful of losing him on waivers

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python
TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:43 PM
  #13
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Can they send him on another conditioning stint?

Steve Yzerman is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 04:32 PM
  #14
crunchrulz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central New York
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Not for the duration of the playoffs as the Rehab Rule is two week stints. As nice as it woould be to have Nacho back, please keep him there to avoid the potential of losing him from the organization. As more of the Crunchies make the trip to the Show, Nacho's value as a leader will become more apparent.
As for the goaltending, I am not completely sold on RH being the goalie who is going to carry the Crunch deeply into the playoffs. He has had a roller coaster season, without any consistency. We will see but I am VERY concerned about our goaltending situation with CD being up for what appears to be the long term.
Hopefully, he proves me wrong but he has not shown it so far this season so I do not expect him to show it now that the playoffs are looming.

crunchrulz is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 04:59 PM
  #15
Jacko95
Registered User
 
Jacko95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
Not for the duration of the playoffs as the Rehab Rule is two week stints. As nice as it woould be to have Nacho back, please keep him there to avoid the potential of losing him from the organization. As more of the Crunchies make the trip to the Show, Nacho's value as a leader will become more apparent.
As for the goaltending, I am not completely sold on RH being the goalie who is going to carry the Crunch deeply into the playoffs. He has had a roller coaster season, without any consistency. We will see but I am VERY concerned about our goaltending situation with CD being up for what appears to be the long term.
Hopefully, he proves me wrong but he has not shown it so far this season so I do not expect him to show it now that the playoffs are looming.
But the two times he was the number one ( the 2 or 3 games after the trade and when CD was up he played great, so maybe it will help him again if he is the number one.

Jacko95 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
  #16
crunchrulz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central New York
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
That is what I am hoping. Once he realizes there is a good chance the team is riding his shoulders, he steps up and accepts the challange. If not, it will make for a very disappointing post season and cast a lot of doubts as to whether or not he is a goalie who will help the organization in the future.

crunchrulz is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:23 PM
  #17
Jacko95
Registered User
 
Jacko95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
That is what I am hoping. Once he realizes there is a good chance the team is riding his shoulders, he steps up and accepts the challange. If not, it will make for a very disappointing post season and cast a lot of doubts as to whether or not he is a goalie who will help the organization in the future.
If he isn't able to carry the team, expect him to leave NA this summer, or take the cash and sit on year, but if he isn't able, their is no NHL future for him.

Jacko95 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 06:05 PM
  #18
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
College free agent Andrej Sustr has signed a two year entry level deal with Tampa Bay.

zeykshade is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 06:10 PM
  #19
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Congratulations Yzerman, you nabbed one of the most sought after defencemen in the league.

Steve Yzerman is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 06:32 PM
  #20
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,698
vCash: 134
Woohoo!

Follower of Yzlam is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
  #21
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,985
vCash: 500
Plan the parade!

HoseEmDown is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:53 PM
  #22
The YzerJesus
HoseEmAllAround
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 5,281
vCash: 500
From what I understand, he is a PMD? SFY knows the team better than I do, but it just seems like we could use a more stay at home guy... We have enough non-physical, finesse guys.

Still, it's nice to get someone for nothing.

The YzerJesus is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:14 PM
  #23
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,597
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Quote:
Yzerman said he preferred not to comment on DeKeyser (though there is obvious interest) but reiterated intent to sign 2008 draftee Witkowski

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:25 AM
  #24
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,597
vCash: 500
JT Brown's first fight vs Philip Samuelsson

@ 0:39

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 08:43 AM
  #25
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,976
vCash: 500
Great to see Brown back in action. He held his own there.

He's probably my favorite prospect.

LightningStrikes is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.