HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season 2013

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
MattM92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless View Post
I've been mulling this over for a while, but if we're in a position to draft Drouin and Mackinnnon/Jones are already taken, do we trade MSL? Obviously he's been the face of the franchise for the last decade, but trading him may be best for both the team and Marty. He could get one last chance to play for a contender. On the other end, we'd be trading him at his highest value and we also avoid having the redundancy of having two elite playmaking wingers who can be a liability defensively.

I love MSL, he's my favorite player of all-time. As much as I want to see him play out his career with us, I'd also like to see him win one more cup. I would however only trade him if the right price was offered, as he is more valuable to us than he is to any other team. Just something to think about.
No. I don't think Drouin steps into the NHL next year. Too many other NHL ready prospects. I think he either stays in Halifax for another year or heads to Syracuse for a year or two to adjust to the pro game before he gets to the NHL level. In two years, Marty might be considering retirement.

So my official answer is don't trade him just because we got Drouin.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
No. I don't think Drouin steps into the NHL next year. Too many other NHL ready prospects. I think he either stays in Halifax for another year or heads to Syracuse for a year or two to adjust to the pro game before he gets to the NHL level. In two years, Marty might be considering retirement.

So my official answer is don't trade him just because we got Drouin.
Well, I doubt Drouin would get another year, he has nothing to prove, I doubt he would be able to even get better offensivly and he is not allowed to play in the AHL until he is 20, so I think we would trade somebody before we let him in Halifax.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:03 PM
sbears
#goboltsgobears

Send a message via AIM to sbears
I really can't imagine if we get Drouin that he wouldn't play for us right away. But stranger things have happened!

Old
04-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

As long as were top 3 Im good. Getting Jones would be a dream come true. Visions of Hedman and Jones on the blue line with all this young talent is scary for other teams. Getting one of the other 2 just improves what we already are strong at. Thats not overly a bad thing. It opens up options for trades. Honestly though, I think this team doesnt even need a top prospect. I think they are doing a solid job building this team even without getting a top pick. Cant wait to see how it plays out tonight.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:48 PM
BoltSTH

If everything stays as is, and the kittens pick MacKinnon (which they may well do), what would it take to swap picks with Colorado?

Or say SFY likes Barkov, Lindholm or Nichuskin what would be get from Nashville or Calagary to swap picks for Droiun?

Old
04-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
If everything stays as is, and the kittens pick MacKinnon (which they may well do), what would it take to swap picks with Colorado?

Or say SFY likes Barkov, Lindholm or Nichuskin what would be get from Nashville or Calagary to swap picks for Droiun?
A Nashville fan offered one of their young Defenders (not named Josi) to move up, though at that time they were 6th.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post

There is no way in hell Colorado is going to pass on Jones. Like, literally 0 chance if he's available. The only way we're getting Jones is if a) we win the lottery or b) we trade up with whoever gets #1 that's not Colorado.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Does anyone else get the feeling that either Connolly or Purcell are officially on the block now? We gots so many wingers!

Old
04-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Does anyone else get the feeling that either Connolly or Purcell are officially on the block now? We gots so many wingers!
I would'nt be surprised If both Purcell, Malone and maybe Brewer wont be on the Market Yzerman needs to cut cap space we have around $2.6M for this season, And about $11.6M for the 2014 season to sign about 11 more players when you think about it that's not a whole lot of money. And If Ohlund retires or goes on LTIR that should help as well.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:35 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Malone will be moved, but not Teddy. Frankly i'm not concerned about having "logjams" of anything - you don't know how injuries and contracts play out. Keep them until you absolutely cannot.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Malone will be moved, but not Teddy. Frankly i'm not concerned about having "logjams" of anything - you don't know how injuries and contracts play out. Keep them until you absolutely cannot.
Get your Malone for sale! Low, low price. Also, why not take some Brewer for the way to the tank. Will take anything for Brewer, even 7th rounders!

Old
04-30-2013, 07:31 AM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
I agree. Jonny Dangles should be in the bigs, and I think Purcell's main role to this point was to be Stamkos' sidekick. We just earned the means to go get him a new and improved one, and Tedward still has a lot of value with which to bring back defense.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:39 AM
zeykshade

Haven't seen enough of "Johnny Dangles" to know if his game even remotely translates to the NHL.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:39 AM
HedMonster 77

Teddy is the guy most likely to be traded, atleast that is what i think.
About the draft I like Nichushkin. I don't know why but when i watch him play he is just always there, he just takes over and dominates a game - thats what Stamkos and TB are lacking. he also happens to play LW so he would be a nice fit, most of our wing prospects are RW right?
there is a chance Nashville will be willing to move up to Grab one of MacKinnon/Barkov, i like what one of their fans offered Nashville 1st + Blum for TB's 1st.
I've had this trade in my mind for some time now, tell me is it realistic value wise
to TB: Filip Forsberg, 4th overall,J.Blum
to Nash:3rd Overall, Teddy Purcell
I am far off value?

Old
04-30-2013, 10:43 AM
LightningStrikes

Marty and Stammer on the season: http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=668411

Old
04-30-2013, 10:44 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedMonster 77 View Post
Teddy is the guy most likely to be traded, atleast that is what i think.
About the draft I like Nichushkin. I don't know why but when i watch him play he is just always there, he just takes over and dominates a game - thats what Stamkos and TB are lacking. he also happens to play LW so he would be a nice fit, most of our wing prospects are RW right?
there is a chance Nashville will be willing to move up to Grab one of MacKinnon/Barkov, i like what one of their fans offered Nashville 1st + Blum for TB's 1st.
I've had this trade in my mind for some time now, tell me is it realistic value wise
to TB: Filip Forsberg, 4th overall,J.Blum
to Nash:3rd Overall, Teddy Purcell
I am far off value?
Oh dear.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:53 AM
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF

We shouldn't draft Drouin or MacKinnon since they play on the same team. We don't know which one is actually good.

Last edited by dbieon12: 04-30-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old
04-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Haven't seen enough of "Johnny Dangles" to know if his game even remotely translates to the NHL.
There's going to be an adjustment, but I'm of the mind that if a player has the talent (which he certainly does) and the right attitude, which by all accounts he does, then the game always translates. I'd be more worried of one of the physical specimens who win through athletic ability rather than a guy that dominates due to skill.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:17 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
There's going to be an adjustment, but I'm of the mind that if a player has the talent (which he certainly does) and the right attitude, which by all accounts he does, then the game always translates. I'd be more worried of one of the physical specimens who win through athletic ability rather than a guy that dominates due to skill.
This. Word for word. Pat Kane doesn't have a good head on his shoulders and he manages to dominate games, just imagine what JD will do once he's ready.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:01 PM
HoseEmDown

I don't see Drouin playing for us next year. He needs to bulk up considerably plus I don't think he can win a top 6 spot and he's not a bottom 6 player. Give him a year to add weight and work on his defensive game, let Malone finish out his contract if he can't be moved and have Connolly, Panik and Killorn get top 6 minutes to see who is legitimate.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:26 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I don't see Drouin playing for us next year. He needs to bulk up considerably plus I don't think he can win a top 6 spot and he's not a bottom 6 player. Give him a year to add weight and work on his defensive game, let Malone finish out his contract if he can't be moved and have Connolly, Panik and Killorn get top 6 minutes to see who is legitimate.
This. I said it before too but everyone shot me down pretty quick. He's 5'11 which isn't that small but he's only 185. He needs to add 10-15 pounds of muscle before he can compete in the NHL (see:RNH)

Old
04-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Yzlamic Extremist
Johnny Ugly

Drouin should be on Syracuse next year. Unfortunately, we'll have to choose between wasting a year in junior or risking an injury if he gets called up. Stupid transfer agreement.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
This. I said it before too but everyone shot me down pretty quick. He's 5'11 which isn't that small but he's only 185. He needs to add 10-15 pounds of muscle before he can compete in the NHL (see:RNH)
Not sure if serious.

You know the little truck called Radko Gudas? He has 204 lbs and you want Drouin to be between 195 and 200? Not many people can have the body Gudas has.

And RNH had 165 lbs when he came into the league that quit a lot of difference.

His body will be ready for next year after the offseason.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Not sure if serious.

You know the little truck called Radko Gudas? He has 204 lbs and you want Drouin to be between 195 and 200? Not many people can have the body Gudas has.

And RNH had 165 lbs when he came into the league that quit a lot of difference.

His body will be ready for next year after the offseason.
Good point, but I'm still not confident on his strength. MacKinnon is in the same boat being an inch taller and about 5 pounds smaller. St. Louis is 5'8 and 180 pounds. Drouin is 3 inches taller but only 5 pounds heavier? He needs to put on muscle for sure.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

Quote:
Good point, but I'm still not confident on his strength. MacKinnon is in the same boat being an inch taller and about 5 pounds smaller. St. Louis is 5'8 and 180 pounds. Drouin is 3 inches taller but only 5 pounds heavier? He needs to put on muscle for sure.
He does need to put on muscle but I'm not sure that will stop him from playing in the NHL.

Closed Thread