HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal/Vancouver

Old
03-16-2013, 06:17 PM
ginovegas

vCash: 500
is Kassian Available??

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Lundface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
is Kassian Available??
depends for what...doesnt seem like you will be willing to part with anything meaningful

Lundface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Momesso

Hansen will never be traded at the rate he's playing. He's been our best story all year, relative to expectations and contract.

The Canucks have too many underperforming contracts to trade one of their best ones away.

Ballard for Moen might be an option. Or Ballard for Weber. Ballard will never get out of AV's doghouse, but he's been a consummate pro, and most Nuck fans would like to see him move on. That is, unless AV gets canned.

Momesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:32 PM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I wouldnt trade 23 year old Eller for 27 year old Hansen but something around Hansen+ for Nielsen would work. I actually follow the Islanders quite a bit and if they are out of the running come the deadline, I think Nielsen would be available. Nelson, Strome, Sundstrom... are ready to take a spot in the lineup.

Maybe something around Viz and Nielsen for Hansen, Ballard and a 1st or 2nd.
I wouldn't trade Hansen for Nielsen straight up. I think Hansen is the better player. And I like Nielsen a lot. I hope this helps illustrate how highly Hansen is thought of.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:04 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momesso View Post
Hansen will never be traded at the rate he's playing. He's been our best story all year, relative to expectations and contract.

The Canucks have too many underperforming contracts to trade one of their best ones away.

Ballard for Moen might be an option. Or Ballard for Weber. Ballard will never get out of AV's doghouse, but he's been a consummate pro, and most Nuck fans would like to see him move on. That is, unless AV gets canned.
Pretty much sums up my feelings, although I would throw Tanev's name into consideration.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:05 PM
roach9

No interest at all.

roach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Why? Gionta's worth more than that.
I wouldn't trade Hansen for Gionta 1 for 1 at this point to be completely honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Can a Canuck fan give me a counteroffer bringing Hansen to Montreal? Would be a great addition.
Eller.

Even then I would hesitate due to unfamiliarity.

Hansen goes nowhere as far as I'm concerned. As untouchable as a 3rd liner can get.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
is Kassian Available??
The Short Answer is no, not at all for anything remotely reasonable.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:37 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Yes, Hansen is that big of an upgrade.

It would also let Plekanec finally get some offensive ice-time instead of being the one to play against the Sedins and Crosbys of the league.
I don't know.. Gionta is a 20 goal forward who can also play all situations. I agree that Hansen has more trade value/better contract, but I don't see him as a clearly superior player.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Yes, Hansen is that big of an upgrade.

It would also let Plekanec finally get some offensive ice-time instead of being the one to play against the Sedins and Crosbys of the league.
Hansen is NOT an upgrade on Brian Gionta. Unless you're referring to his brother in New Jersey?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:37 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Hansen is NOT an upgrade on Brian Gionta. Unless you're referring to his brother in New Jersey?
He's 6 inches taller, a faster skater, better on the boards, more physical, better defensively and is producing at the same rate as Gionta (16 points for both), except without playing top minutes with a guy center Plekanec.

Gionta has better hands and better offensive instincts and not much else. I'm not saying Hansen is a decidedly better player, but I also don't see where the laughing emoticon comes in.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:15 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Do you watch Vancouver? Vancouver is my second favourite team, I watch them all the time.

Hansen is superior to Gionta, especially in a shutdown role. Gionta's offensive game has slowed down considerably. He's still a solid option, but no way is he worth Hansen.

Nice try, though!

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
He's 6 inches taller, a faster skater, better on the boards, more physical, better defensively and is producing at the same rate as Gionta (16 points for both), except without playing top minutes with a guy center Plekanec.

Gionta has better hands and better offensive instincts and not much else. I'm not saying Hansen is a decidedly better player, but I also don't see where the laughing emoticon comes in.
Quote:
Do you watch Vancouver? Vancouver is my second favourite team, I watch them all the time.

Hansen is superior to Gionta, especially in a shutdown role. Gionta's offensive game has slowed down considerably. He's still a solid option, but no way is he worth Hansen.

Nice try, though!
I live in BC, the Canucks are my second favourite team and yes, I do watch them play (thank you for asking).

I like Hansen, but there are a lot of made-up crap in the posts above. Better skater? IF he is, it's not by much as Gio is an excellent skater. Better defensively? Gio is an excellent defensive player. Slowed down considerably offensively? Really? Please...

2009-2010: 28G in 61GP, plus 9G in 19 playoffs games
2010-2011: 29G in 82GP, plus 3G in 7GP in playoffs games
2011-2012: 8G in 31GP (pace for 21G)
2012-2013: 9G in 28GP (pace for 26G)

You may like Hansen better, but let's not make stuff up! And I haven't touched the leadership factor. Just last week on l'Antichambre, Mathieu Darche was saying that while Jacques Martin appointed Gionta as team captain, he would have been an unanimous choice if voted by the players, spoke about his relationship with everyone, his dedication on and off the ice.

Hansen doesn't come to Gionta's ankle at this point in his career, sorry. Give him time, maybe, but not today.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:52 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
pretty much this, something around Eller and Hansen I would like, but from the tone of the op I assume the point of acquiring Hansen was to play with Eller
Eller is most certainly not available, because he's just starting to come unto his own. He's looking like he could turn into a very versatile top 6 forward. I don't see the same kind of potential from Hansen, but I'd like to have him and I know how much the Nucks fans like him. Don't see Hansen being moved for anything less than an overpayment.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:01 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Eller is most certainly not available, because he's just starting to come unto his own. He's looking like he could turn into a very versatile top 6 forward. I don't see the same kind of potential from Hansen, but I'd like to have him and I know how much the Nucks fans like him. Don't see Hansen being moved for anything less than an overpayment.
If you've watch any Canucks games this season. Hansen hasn't been out of the top 6 longer than he's been in it. The guy has been relied upon to fill that role with 2 Top 6 forwards out all season so far.
Which he's come and done very well and produced at a Top 6 rate. Saying he doesn't have the potential to be a Top 6 player is just wrong since the past two years he's produced at that rate and most of last season was spent on the 3rd line while still producing over 40 points.

Hansen may be older and has taken his time to develop into the player he is, but it doesn't change the fact Hansen is easily a Top 6 forward. Everyone can agree that Eller has the potential to be better. But at this point he hopes to be as good as Hansen is now.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:49 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
I live in BC, the Canucks are my second favourite team and yes, I do watch them play (thank you for asking).

I like Hansen, but there are a lot of made-up crap in the posts above. Better skater? IF he is, it's not by much as Gio is an excellent skater. Better defensively? Gio is an excellent defensive player. Slowed down considerably offensively? Really? Please...

You may like Hansen better, but let's not make stuff up! And I haven't touched the leadership factor. Just last week on l'Antichambre, Mathieu Darche was saying that while Jacques Martin appointed Gionta as team captain, he would have been an unanimous choice if voted by the players, spoke about his relationship with everyone, his dedication on and off the ice.

Hansen doesn't come to Gionta's ankle at this point in his career, sorry. Give him time, maybe, but not today.
I really don't get the point of comparison here.

Hansen and Gionta are two totally different players. How can you compare the production of a guy who's role is to play shutdown minutes, gets key PK time and is hardly ever on the PP (unless half the top-6 is injured like they currently are)?

If you want to make a comparison to Gionta, compare him to a player that is playing top-6 minutes on the Canucks - like say Burrows. Their roles are similar in that both play in the top-6 (and not just because of multiple injuries, like when Hansen is in that role), and both have comparable PP time on their respective teams. They are both sitting with 16 pts right now as well. Burrows edge in icetime is all on the PK, where Gionta isn't used much in that role. And again, this is what differentiates Hansen here - Hansen is the highest PK icetime forward on the Canucks.

And Gionta, like Burrows, is also paid like a top-6 forward. Again, it doesn't make much sense to compare a top-6 guy making $5mill/yr to a 3rd like checker making $1.3mill/yr. It'd be like Canucks fans comparing Kesler or the Sedins to Eller!

The fact that they have the same amount of points though, while Gionta gets *considerably* more PP time, plays in a top-6 role, and is making almost $4mill/yr more than Hansen, only hurts Gionta value here in the comparison... if you want to talk about the value of these two players, this (cap hit, role, production) is a definite consideration. Hansen is tremendous value for his contract, with his production and role overall. Is Gionta the same value for his contract, with his production and role? Gionta gets much bigger offensive opportunites than Hansen, has a significantly higher cap hit, and currently they're sitting at the same production level. That's not to say that they are the same level of offensive player - Gionta definitely has a much higher offensive ceiling and is capable of being much more productive. But the fact he hasn't does hurt his value in comparison right now. And I'm not basing value here in past years. If you do, you might as well then consider that Hansen has more value because his best years are ahead of him, while Gionta's are behind him, given that he's 33 now.

Given all that, and adding in the difference in age, I personally wouldn't deal Hansen straight up for Gionta. To me, Hansen has more value as an asset overall, given his contract, impact, and age. He's outpaying and outperforming his contract by a significant margin. Can you really say the same about Gionta?

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:56 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:

Hansen is a better skater. Gio is a good skater, but Hansen is better. Not really that close either.

Gionta is still scoring, sure. He's getting a lot of garbage goals, which is awesome. I like Gionta, I do. But since his first year here, to now, his play in the offensive zone has got worse and worse. He used to help create things, now I rarely see that. He misses the net too much and just seems like his hands went downhill fast. Offensively, they are about equal. They do different things, but they are both 40-45 point guys, IMO. Gionta also gets PP time and better linemates than Hansen has ever had.

Hansen is a leader too and to even try to compare Gionta to Hansen defensively is a joke. Gionta is very solid defensively, not doubt. Hansen is incredible defensively. There's the difference.

Now the big thing... Hansen cost about 1/3 the price and is pretty young. If you lock up Hansen long-term, you have an incredible 3rd liner, who can play spot top-6 duty, for years. Gionta, is slowly declining. Still a good and very useful player, but he's declining.

Hansen brings so much more to the table and is still progressing, instead of declining.

If Gionta would accept a $2.5M-$3M deal in a few years to play on the 3rd line, I'd be glad to keep him though.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

I think hansen is the most untradable third liner in the NHL, and me saying that is funny because he is a third liner haha

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:55 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Hansen is a better skater. Gio is a good skater, but Hansen is better. Not really that close either.

Gionta is still scoring, sure. He's getting a lot of garbage goals, which is awesome. I like Gionta, I do. But since his first year here, to now, his play in the offensive zone has got worse and worse. He used to help create things, now I rarely see that. He misses the net too much and just seems like his hands went downhill fast. Offensively, they are about equal. They do different things, but they are both 40-45 point guys, IMO. Gionta also gets PP time and better linemates than Hansen has ever had.

Hansen is a leader too and to even try to compare Gionta to Hansen defensively is a joke. Gionta is very solid defensively, not doubt. Hansen is incredible defensively. There's the difference.

Now the big thing... Hansen cost about 1/3 the price and is pretty young. If you lock up Hansen long-term, you have an incredible 3rd liner, who can play spot top-6 duty, for years. Gionta, is slowly declining. Still a good and very useful player, but he's declining.

Hansen brings so much more to the table and is still progressing, instead of declining.

If Gionta would accept a $2.5M-$3M deal in a few years to play on the 3rd line, I'd be glad to keep him though.
in a few years? how many is that? 3? Gionta is 34 now. In 3 years he's 37! How effective is he going to be at 37, if you're suggesting he's been declining his past couple years? Would you pay $2.5-3mill/yr for a 37 yr old Gionta who's still declining from where he is now?

Gionta is a short-term fit for any team, including the Habs. His contract expires after next season. He'll be 35 when his contract expires, and will be 36 during the following season when he's on a new contract. How much time does he really have left as even a $3mill/yr player, if he already looks overpaid at $5mill now at 34? and really, how many teams will want a 36/37 yr old Gionta at $3mil/yr to play on the 3rd line? He's far from a prototypical 3rd liner, and at that age and cap hit can't see his value being all that high to anyone at that stage.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:41 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
in a few years? how many is that? 3? Gionta is 34 now. In 3 years he's 37! How effective is he going to be at 37, if you're suggesting he's been declining his past couple years? Would you pay $2.5-3mill/yr for a 37 yr old Gionta who's still declining from where he is now?

Gionta is a short-term fit for any team, including the Habs. His contract expires after next season. He'll be 35 when his contract expires, and will be 36 during the following season when he's on a new contract. How much time does he really have left as even a $3mill/yr player, if he already looks overpaid at $5mill now at 34? and really, how many teams will want a 36/37 yr old Gionta at $3mil/yr to play on the 3rd line? He's far from a prototypical 3rd liner, and at that age and cap hit can't see his value being all that high to anyone at that stage.
Gionta is fast (his speed hasn't declined), he's smart, and he's very good defensively. He can chip in offensively as well. Hell yeah, I'd take him on a year-to-year basis to stay on the 3rd line if he was interested (for the $2.5M-$3M). Guy would be a very good offensive minded checking line player.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
I wouldn't trade Hansen for Gionta 1 for 1 at this point to be completely honest.

Eller.

Even then I would hesitate due to unfamiliarity.

Hansen goes nowhere as far as I'm concerned. As untouchable as a 3rd liner can get.
Then a deal wouldn't work out between both teams cause you're definitely not getting Eller for Hansen. I don't think we make good trading partners, I think both the Habs and Nucks are looking to add similar players going forward (big strong wingers)

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Then a deal wouldn't work out between both teams cause you're definitely not getting Eller for Hansen. I don't think we make good trading partners, I think both the Habs and Nucks are looking to add similar players going forward (big strong wingers)
They actually need center, and the habs need a big stay at home defenceman.

Love Hansen though! Any team would be lucky to have him. I could see him having the same importance to his team as eller does to the habs.

But it would be cool if we can some how snag Hansen and Boedker to play on eller's wings! the Danish line!

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Beendair Donedat

No deals here... Habs aren't taking the albatross Ballard contract. Gionta is likely staying with the team and Hansen won't be moved... If we were talking Kassian there would be interest from the Montreal viewpoint but I doubt he moves.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Exactly. If Gillis was interested in Beaulieu + Weber + Gionta for Ballard + Hansen, I would be flying those guys to the airport right now.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Bourque
Prust - Eller - Hansen
Moen - White - Armstrong

.. those Top-3 lines would be absolutely unreal
Whoa...where'd Ryder go? Do we get him too? SOLD!

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Wizeman*

Why dont we restart the trade proposal, but this time leave Hansen out of it because its never going to happen.

Hansen is the best 1mil dollar player in the league (not on an entry level contract) . We are not giving him up for anything short of a ONE player overpayment. As in give us Lars Eller for him.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote