HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL.com... What the hell guys?

Old
03-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Rizzo90

vCash: 500
NHL.com... What the hell guys?

I know they must cover things like Patrick kanes' bowell movements, Ovie's menstrual cycle, and what Cindy Crosby is having for lunch, I get it they feel they are obligated to that stuff.

But not one single mention of a rookie goaltender with this sort of opening record & the number of times he's totally robbed some of the NHL's "elite" snipers, basically being called up in an emergency situation & thrive under that kind of pressure???

Looking for anything that resembles balanced coverage of the league, is like looking for anything honest from the likes of PMSNBC, CNN et all.

Just venting.....thanks!

Rizzo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:08 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Its pretty remarkable that a team with statistically the worst goaltending on the league is in the 4th playoff spot. Hopefully between Allen and Halak they can improve that stat to something more respectable. Allen has been the cavalry this season.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

At least they have Allen as one of the "Stars" today.

Fluff Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo90 View Post
I know they must cover things like Patrick kanes' bowell movements, Ovie's menstrual cycle, and what Cindy Crosby is having for lunch, I get it they feel they are obligated to that stuff.

But not one single mention of a rookie goaltender with this sort of opening record & the number of times he's totally robbed some of the NHL's "elite" snipers, basically being called up in an emergency situation & thrive under that kind of pressure???

Looking for anything that resembles balanced coverage of the league, is like looking for anything honest from the likes of PMSNBC, CNN et all.

Just venting.....thanks!
CNN one of the most honest ones out there. Certainly moreso than someone like FOX News. But ignoring politics....

I prefer to fly under the radar. Team seems to do better that way anyway.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

He plays for the Blues...

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:34 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

They want views. Ovy, Sid, Kane etc. they get views. I don't really care a whole lot about it. They had quite a bit of Tarasenko coverage early on, but obviously nothing for a while.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Wiems35*

I think they're having Allen on as a guest for NHL Live today.

Wiems35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
CNN one of the most honest ones out there. Certainly moreso than someone like FOX News. But ignoring politics....

This. Hell, I'd prefer if there weren't threads about our team/players on the main boards here.

Well, not until we win the Cup at least...

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:21 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

well, he was 1st star of the game today, not too bad

next point is that I also like to fly under the radar, its easier

next one is that I understand (not like) the league to keep their merchandise machines rolling

and the bottom line is that I would like as less pressure as possible on Jakes shoulders

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:17 PM
aceoutdoor

Quote:
CNN one of the most honest ones out there.
LOL No seriously, I actually laughed out loud. Thanks

aceoutdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo90 View Post
I know they must cover things like Patrick kanes' bowell movements, Ovie's menstrual cycle, and what Cindy Crosby is having for lunch,
No kidding!

I like flying under the radar too.

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Gullibull

Agreed with the flying under the radar preference. On HFboards, there's nothing like having a thread pimping up your team/player during a hot streak only to have that thread revived when everything goes to poop.

Gullibull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoutdoor View Post
LOL No seriously, I actually laughed out loud. Thanks
You watch Fox don't you?

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:49 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiko View Post
No kidding!

I like flying under the radar too.
Yeah, flying under the radar is good.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
This. Hell, I'd prefer if there weren't threads about our team/players on the main boards here.

Well, not until we win the Cup at least...
Yeah, put me in that camp, too... I much prefer that the Blues be the ninjas that sneak up on your *** in the middle of the night and cut your throat in your sleep.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:30 PM
sh724

Im pretty sure the politics section is on Page2, you guys can argue about tv stations credibility over there...

The Blues rarely are ever going to get coverage on NHL.com. They cater to the large media markets that are going to generate the most hits. There were 11 games the night we played PHX. The NHL like any other business wants to increase their profits, they are not going to do that by focusing on small market teams like the Blues. That was also the same night that the hottest team in the league's winning streak ended, Columbus which is also a small market team, it is very rare the NHL will focus two stories on small market teams in the same night.

Having said that while I do enjoy reading about the Blues on national websites from time to time most of the time Id prefer that the Blues do not get all the national attention and hype like we did this past off season. More media attention means less attention to hockey.

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:34 AM
stlweir

Looks like TSN and The Hockey News are both reporting Stewart as possible trade bait. (presume from the Strickland post) the only way I can see dealing him is if the Blues feel they can't get a long term deal done. Not only did he get an assist on Russell's goal but his screen prevented the goalie from ever seeing the puck. He and Allen have keyed this surge. Stewart is playing light years ahead of last year. I hope to see big Stew as a member of the Blues for many years to come and with several stanley cups on his resume.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

I could care less.. It's the media

Bruv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:48 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

I'm mostly okay with the Blues ducking national media coverage. It can be annoying when there's a list of best players by position or something like that and Blues players rank suspiciously low, but even that's hard to care about.

Although, as the team tries to increase revenue, there's no doubt that national attention piques the interest of more generic sports fans. You know, folks who are Cardinals or Mizzou fans first and could probably list the entire Blues' roster from the early 90's, but recognize maybe half a dozen guys on the team now. Spotlights draw moths and if the Blues do at least as well in the playoffs this year, it'll really benefit the team to get some accurate national coverage.

Kind of a tangent, but it's crazy how few NHL fans actually watch games other than their home team. I don't expect everyone to have center ice or to stream games, but then at least don't talk out of your ass like you know a team. I think that's something Blues fans have over most other fanbases: for the most part, people here are willing to admit that they haven't seen X or Y player this year or enough to form a judgment.
It's amazing how many fans here think Oshie is a center. When did it become acceptable to form hockey opinions from video games?

Better media coverage might treat an illness like that, but the truth is that thoughtful fans are going to outgrow nearly every kind of mainstream analysis because it's not designed for them.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:13 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Looks like you got your wish OP. Stewart is the week's first star, and Allen has an article about him on the front page of NHL.com.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote