Lucic and Horton

Old
03-31-2013, 01:18 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
OMG didnt you know that Nathan Horton has a NTC!?!?? Good thing Peter Chiarelli doesnt read this board. We should never trade any Bruins ever never ever!11!1

/artemisrant

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:24 PM
finchster

Am I the only one who thinks Lucic has been worse than Horton? We are quick to run Horton out of town, but over an 82 game season Horton is on pace for 25 goals and Lucic 12.

That's not to say I am happy with Horton's play but honestly I feel like Lucic has been the weak link on the top line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Really, cause Krejci has done this more then a few times himself, more then Lucic and Horton combined with strange little passes in front of his net or up the boards. He did it a couple of times today again as well near the end of the first. I always thought Krejci was rather solid defensively, not sure what has happened to that aspect of his game the last two seasons but it isn't near good enough.
Krejci has always been overrated defensively,he's very good at the 'flashy side of defence', picking pockets, intercepting passes in the neutral zone, but with the play set up in the defensive zone Krejci seems not to know what to do with his back turned to goal. I can think of a few times when his lackadaisical play in his own zone led to goals and scoring chances.

Last edited by finchster: 03-31-2013 at 02:31 PM.
finchster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:06 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Does anyone think there is any way Lucic and Horton become less lazy?

I think its inevitable. The season is too long and they just don't care enough to try their best more than 30 nights a year in the regular season. You'll get 40-50 games of them coasting and there's nothing you can do about it.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:30 PM
missingchicklet

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Lucic has been worse than Horton? We are quick to run Horton out of town, but over an 82 game season Horton is on pace for 25 goals and Lucic 12.
Lucic has done a really good job of setting up goals with some good passing. Horton would be on pace for 40+ goals if he could hit the net when it's basically open and/or when he has great opportunities. The whole line has been plagued by turnovers (whole team actually), so it kind of sucks when good passes are made that set up goals and players fail repeatedly to convert.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:40 PM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingchicklet View Post
Lucic has done a really good job of setting up goals with some good passing. Horton would be on pace for 40+ goals if he could hit the net when it's basically open and/or when he has great opportunities. The whole line has been plagued by turnovers (whole team actually), so it kind of sucks when good passes are made that set up goals and players fail repeatedly to convert.
This is what I've seen.
Lucic, I thought played great last year but was on a line with a 50% krejci and no regular wing. He was constantly setting people up but there was no one to take advantage of it. This year I see less of that, but he seems to be the one trying to create opportunities for that line.
A couple people mentioned that they thought he just didn't mesh well with Krejci's play and since they've said that I've really come around to that hypothesis. Lucic seems to want to barrel through the neutral zone, go after the puck and put it in front of the net. Krejci seems to want to pause quite a bit to find something. He's a puck handling type so I get that, but it seems to give Lucic concrete feet cause he can't barrel down the ice. He seems to sit there watching Krejci at times not sure were he's supposed to go when he doesn't have the puck. I think he'd play better with any other set of forwards on the team.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Serpico4ever

Lucic and Horton need a center that'll push and motivate them. Segueing would be perfect, but then you break up the only productive line the Bruins have, at least consistently. I like Krejci, but I'd trade him for a top end winger to replace Seguin on Bergerons line and then throw Seguin in between the two towers and see them keep up with him.

Also, I agree that Lucic has done a great job of setting his line mates up, so for a scoring center like Seguin, it would be perfect.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:17 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post

That's not to say I am happy with Horton's play but honestly I feel like Lucic has been the weak link on the top line.

Krejci has always been overrated defensively,he's very good at the 'flashy side of defence', picking pockets, intercepting passes in the neutral zone, but with the play set up in the defensive zone Krejci seems not to know what to do with his back turned to goal. I can think of a few times when his lackadaisical play in his own zone led to goals and scoring chances.
Totally disagree.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:28 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Here is one for you all:

Krejci+Horton+Lucic costs 15.25M annual based on Lucic's extension. This year only 13.25.

Name me one line in the East that costs that much that performs this poorly. I can't find a single one. It's actually the most overpaid forward line in the East. I haven't dared look at the West, because I'm too worried about what I'll find.

At first I thought the Rangers had a worse line money to production wise, but they don't even.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:37 PM
chrisab123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Here is one for you all:

Krejci+Horton+Lucic costs 15.25M annual based on Lucic's extension. This year only 13.25.

Name me one line in the East that costs that much that performs this poorly. I can't find a single one. It's actually the most overpaid forward line in the East. I haven't dared look at the West, because I'm too worried about what I'll find.

At first I thought the Rangers had a worse line money to production wise, but they don't even.
Based on this year I can't disagree, perhaps some of it has to do with Horton worrying about a new contract. Krecji can't be blamed at all, I know a lot of guys love piling on him but he's a very good player. Lucic has still yet to reach his potential but perhaps some of that has to do with Claude's system that he runs here. Face it, its a system that requires grinders and doesn't play well to finesse players. It goes well with the city of Boston, where if you are soft it doesn't matter if you score 40 goals, you will get run out of town eventually if you don't play hard and play physical.

I think the reason for Lucic and Horton underperforming has a little bit to do with Julien's system and just having an off year. I think reports were out there that Lucic came into camp overweight, so perhaps he's feeling the grind of the season harder than most. Horton, I'm convinced he's either scared of getting another concussion and he's trying to avoid being physical, or he's letting the contract thing get to him. Either way, if he wants to come back next season for around 3 million, you need to make it happen. He's too good of a player to play like this for the rest of his career.

chrisab123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:39 PM
chrisab123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Lucic and Horton need a center that'll push and motivate them. Segueing would be perfect, but then you break up the only productive line the Bruins have, at least consistently. I like Krejci, but I'd trade him for a top end winger to replace Seguin on Bergerons line and then throw Seguin in between the two towers and see them keep up with him.

Also, I agree that Lucic has done a great job of setting his line mates up, so for a scoring center like Seguin, it would be perfect.
I've always felt that the end game by next year would be to trade Krejci in a deal for a top winger (Ryan) and move Seguin over to center. Makes zero sense otherwise to make Seguin a 3rd line center.

chrisab123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:47 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisab123 View Post
I've always felt that the end game by next year would be to trade Krejci in a deal for a top winger (Ryan) and move Seguin over to center. Makes zero sense otherwise to make Seguin a 3rd line center.
Im praying that comes ture.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:17 PM
jasonbaz77*

Looch for Gaborik.

Get it done. Now.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingchicklet View Post

Is this for real?

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Totally disagree.

While I think Lucic is the better player he is clearly going downhill. He has been absolutely invisible and playing like he doesnt care.

In fact both him and Horton play like they have seperated shoulders, sprained ankles and with zero heart.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:24 PM
cashman rules*

Get rid of Horton and do it quick....Edmonton and send the 3rd line and Ference and Boychuk with them!

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:59 PM
Colt.45Orr

Need more great, unique analysis from Bs fans about how Horton's soul looks lazy.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:17 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Is this for real?
I had the same reaction I have no clue what games some people are watching.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

vCash: 1582
Funny thing is, Looch & Horton may come up very big in the playoffs .... and propel this team for a long run.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:24 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tales View Post
Funny thing is, Looch & Horton may come up very big in the playoffs .... and propel this team for a long run.
Horton yes Lucic has not a thing in the playoffs since what his second year.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37
OMG didnt you know that Nathan Horton has a NTC!?!?? Good thing Peter Chiarelli doesnt read this board. We should never trade any Bruins ever never ever!11!1

/artemisrant
Can you be any more moronic?

If you think Horton is going to waive his NTC to go to Edmonton, or the Islanders, or Calgary, you must have oatmeal for brains. YES, players waive their NTCs, but for a REASON. There is no reason for Horton to do so, unless Chiarelli is holding his family for ransom.

And I am NOT anti-trade. Not wanting to trade David Krejci for the flavor of the month doesn't make me anti-trade, it makes me a Bruins fan who wants to see this team win.

In 2011, I was all for the trades that landed Kelly and Peverley. I wasn't a fan of the Kaberle trade, but what the Bruins gave up was irrelevant; I just didn't like Kaberle. They could have traded the proverbial bag of pucks for him and I wouldn't have liked it.

Trading Koko and Bartkowski for Iginla would have been OK with me. Trading Koko for anything less would be, to me, an overpayment. That's my opinion. That, and not wanting to trade guys like Krejci, does not make me "anti-trade."

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:32 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

If you think Horton is going to waive his NTC to go to Edmonton, or the Islanders, or Calgary, you must have oatmeal for brains. YES, players waive their NTCs, but for a REASON. There is no reason for Horton to do so, unless Chiarelli is holding his family for ransom.

And I am NOT anti-trade. Not wanting to trade David Krejci for the flavor of the month doesn't make me anti-trade, it makes me a Bruins fan who wants to see this team win.

In 2011, I was all for the trades that landed Kelly and Peverley. I wasn't a fan of the Kaberle trade, but what the Bruins gave up was irrelevant; I just didn't like Kaberle. They could have traded the proverbial bag of pucks for him and I wouldn't have liked it.

Trading Koko and Bartkowski for Iginla would have been OK with me. Trading Koko for anything less would be, to me, an overpayment. That's my opinion. That, and not wanting to trade guys like Krejci, does not make me "anti-trade."
Im with you.

Krejci has been our best forward apart from the S-B-M line and Paille hands down. Suggesting trading him is stupid.

Horton is not going to waive it. However, the NTC might be invalid because of his prior trade. Asset-management wise we are in a tough spot with Horton because he's getting a big deal from someone and if we want a good caphit he gets an NTC.

Lucic has been pretty awful this year and will be one of the 5 worst contracts in the NHL next season by the looks of things. He's the one you send to Edmonton.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:32 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

LOL,....like you dont assault every trade thread by telling everyone who has NTC's? Do you not honestly get where the joke was going? Can you really possibly be that oblivious?

Glad to know you liked all the trades that worked out and that they had your stamp of approval.

Freakin' gold.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:40 PM
NJBRUINS68
Missing 91, 55 & 22

I am so down on Lucic. The reason is simple - cause' he has talent but for whatever reason he doesnt seem to give 100% on every shift for the entire shift. Here is what it sounded like as the B's scored their first goal:

Me: "FINALLY!! Lucic skating like he cares! - (few seconds later) - "YES!!!!!"

Its pretty obvious when he goes all out... and when he does it makes the Bruins sooooo much better.

NJBRUINS68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBRUINS68 View Post
I am so down on Lucic. The reason is simple - cause' he has talent but for whatever reason he doesnt seem to give 100% on every shift for the entire shift. Here is what it sounded like as the B's scored their first goal:

Me: "FINALLY!! Lucic skating like he cares! - (few seconds later) - "YES!!!!!"

Its pretty obvious when he goes all out... and when he does it makes the Bruins sooooo much better.
maybe his shnozz is acting up again and effecting his breathing?

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Neely08

Quote:
While I think Lucic is the better player he is clearly going downhill. He has been absolutely invisible and playing like he doesnt care.

In fact both him and Horton play like they have seperated shoulders, sprained ankles and with zero heart.
Explain how he hops on a line w/ Peverley, hoofs it up the ice, blows away a dman, scores a goal like he was winding his watch.

Why doesn't that happen on Krejci's line, Bru? Lazy? Doesn't care?

You don't see how agonizingly ****ing slow that line is coming out of it's zone? They have to be the easiest line in the NHL to contain. Of course they look invisible. Most often, if they DO get out of their zone, it's b/c of Lucic. If they get a second chance of possession in the offensive zone, it's often b/c of Lucic. An example was tonight, overpowers a Dman, practically carries it to the point. Someone finally banged home a rebound.

Horton is brain dead, I don't know how many times that guy can get picked off in his own zone, or fumble pucks, chances, for people to figure out this guy is FUBAR.

Krejci? Yeah, as long as no one is near him, or the fact that people in wheelchairs are faster than him doesn't nullify his ability to contribute, he's Gretzky.

Put Lucic on the 3rd line. He'll be fine. Unless you put another decent skater on DK's line, he'll be buried in his zone along w/ Horton.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote