HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Zandar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Or, does the loss tonight, and the loss of Pitkanen put them in sell mode since they're in 11th place, and five points out of 8th?

In that case they'd have no interest in O'Byrne, and if they're trading McBain another team is probably more willing to part with picks or prospects for him. Unless they want Zanon.
No need to sell. They play in the weak southeast. They are 4 points out of first with 3 games in hand. Really need help on D and someone like Giguire

Old
04-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
I can see the Avs trading Cody McLeod. I think Cody is probably better than just a guy you throw out there to play 5 minutes per game and we have Bordeleau for that role already who's a better fighter and harder hitter, in my opinion anyways. Having two guys for that role, along with Brad Malone who looks like he can be brought up and not look out of place, seems like a bit much to me.

I can see there being some real interest in the Highlander too and we'd probably get a decent return from the right team. This move would be 2-fold, as it's just the kind of 'heart and soul' trade to make the Avs flat line the rest of the way.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I can see the Avs trading Cody McLeod. I think Cody is probably better than just a guy you throw out there to play 5 minutes per game and we have Bordeleau for that role already who's a better fighter and harder hitter, in my opinion anyways. Having two guys for that role, along with Brad Malone who looks like he can be brought up and not look out of place, seems like a bit much to me.
Yes, he is better than that and that's why he plays around 11 minutes per game. He's a good player who actually helps this team. Bordeleau is just there for the sake of being there. McLeod is no all-star or untouchable player but Bordeleau does not make him expendable.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:55 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Yes, he is better than that and that's why he plays around 11 minutes per game. He's a good player who actually helps this team. Bordeleau is just there for the sake of being there. McLeod is no all-star or untouchable player but Bordeleau does not make him expendable.
I find it funny that folks ***** about Bordy and his 5 min TOI and think that needs improvement rather than the **** that's happening the other 55 minutes a game.

Bordy is not and has never been part of the AVs problems this season. I just want to make that very clear. I don't care whose humble opinion your are paying attention to...Bordy is not the problem.

That being said, he's not the answer either. But as long as he shows up and does his job I would hate to see the AVs trade him. He's one of the AVs more consistent players. He gets let loose and runs around and hits everything that moves. He goes back to the bench. Rinse and repeat. He also throws knuckles well. Man, I don't every want to be on the receiving end of one of those. Seriously, you wanna piss and moan about the AVs you could do a lot better than start or end here with Bordy.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Agreed. If anything Bordy has allowed Cody to be used in other roles.

No reason whatsoever to deal McLeod. I'm sure you could replace him if necessary, but why?

Old
04-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Something about this Vincour trade has me worried about the Avs future plans with their wingers. Aside from Jones, I don't want them trading any of them, and I want them to re-sign Bordy in the summer.

This is a good group of forwards. Don't mess with it Sherman. Cody is as much a part of this team's heart and soul at this stage as Landy is. Plus he's a good player. Moving guys like him or McGinn would be a huge mistake IMO.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

I love how some people get upset when anyone brings up Bordeleau. No one is saying anything bad about him. The guy has very little (if any) impact on the games. He's not the reason we win and he's not to blame for the losses. Like I said, he's just there. You might notice him if he throws a hit or fights but that's about it.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Something about this Vincour trade has me worried about the Avs future plans with their wingers. Aside from Jones, I don't want them trading any of them, and I want them to re-sign Bordy in the summer.

This is a good group of forwards. Don't mess with it Sherman. Cody is as much a part of this team's heart and soul at this stage as Landy is. Plus he's a good player. Moving guys like him or McGinn would be a huge mistake IMO.
I'm hoping if Vincour is replacing anyone in the current lineup, it's Kobasew. I really don't want Chuck back next season. Should've been traded a long time ago.

Then again, it's possible Vincour was actually brought in to help out the Monsters. Haven't seen any games, but I get the impression they're a little undersized up front. Could be wrong though.

Also, not entirely convinced this is a "good" group of forwards. Definitely lacking in proven scorers. How many of our wingers in the opening day roster had reached the 30-goal plateau? Not sure there needs to be a complete overhaul, but changes need to be made. This team's deficiencies aren't just on the blueline and behind the bench. You don't reach dead last in the NHL if you have a great group of forwards and solid goaltending, I don't care who the coach is. Again, Sherman overdid it a little packing on the grit and sacrificing skill. He did that with the defense as well. Dude just can't find balance for the life of him.

Last edited by Av-merican: 04-03-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old
04-03-2013, 12:24 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
I love how some people get upset when anyone brings up Bordeleau. No one is saying anything bad about him. The guy has very little (if any) impact on the games. He's not the reason we win and he's not to blame for the losses. Like I said, he's just there. You might notice him if he throws a hit or fights but that's about it.
I'm quoting you a bit here but I don't mean it in a bad way and I hope you don't take it in a negative way, but I do disagree with your assessment of his play. Him hitting everything that moves does impact the team. It doesn't make up for the piss-poor d-corp but it does have a positive impact. It gives confidence to players like Duchene and PAP...they know they have a beast on their team that can come out at any time and keep the ice safe. We can go round and round and round about the idea of an enforcer but the more I see of Bordy the more I see a guy that can hopefully play maybe closer to 10 minutes a game and still provide that security blanket to the top forwards.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Keep in mind every time Bordy was in the lineup, he had to be sheltered, meaning for some offensive zone draws, Sacco had to put his worst players out on the ice. Argue all you want, but doing that cuts down on potential scoring chances.

I like Bordy, and as far as enforcers go, he's been a surprisingly good player, but I felt Sacco dressed him way more than he should have. Enforcers should see spot duty, only meatheads like Randy Carlyle think you need to dress enforcers for regular shifts all the time.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:00 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Keep in mind every time Bordy was in the lineup, he had to be sheltered, meaning for some offensive zone draws, Sacco had to put his worst players out on the ice. Argue all you want, but doing that cuts down on potential scoring chances.

I like Bordy, and as far as enforcers go, he's been a surprisingly good player, but I felt Sacco dressed him way more than he should have. Enforcers should see spot duty, only meatheads like Randy Carlyle think you need to dress enforcers for regular shifts all the time.
Maybe Randy is on to something. Bordy has a much better +/- than Stastny (-3 compared to -11.) I'd say Sacco failed by not sheltering the true weakness to this team enough.

I really hope you all know I'm kidding here, but here's the deal, if we can all agree Bordy hasn't been a problem with his limited minutes why does his name get brought up at all other than to acknowledge that he's done a great job inside of his role? It seems like we have only a few players that have performed up to their roles this season. It would be interesting to do a poll on each player and see if folks think they played to their potential within their role or not. I know Sacco screws a lot of that up but seriously...Duchene and PAP are the only two I can think of that night in and night out have done what I expected of them...and to be honest PAP has done a lot more than I expected. The rest of the team has kinda let me down (I include ROR in this category only because he wasn't with the team at the beginning and man his skill really was missed and that took its toll on the team during the whole pissing match.)

Anyways, when folks talk about Bordy as a problem or just a guy doing his thing for a few minutes a night I kinda feel like they are giving the rest of the guys that are supposed to actually do something a free pass. Bordy's job is to allow guys like Duchene, PAP and ROR to do their jobs and not worry about cheap shots because he'll absolutely destroy the other team if they go over the line. He can't do that from the press-box. He has to be in the game and at 3 to 5 minutes and only -3 I think he's doing a pretty damn good job. Especially considering he's laying the body with good clean hits left and right. That kinda play takes a toll on the opposition throughout the course of the game. Meh...I guess I'm just a relic of the past but I'll take Bordy with regular minutes on the 4th line especially if we are supposedly rolling three top lines and only giving spot duty to the 4th.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:25 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
He's entertaining. I like the guy.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:20 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Alright, alright, alright!

It's currently 7:20 am, and I am up and ready for the next 6 or so hours....let the disappointment begin!

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
04-03-2013, 07:23 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Can't believe we are almost 25 minutes in this and there still isn't a TSN stream out there.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:24 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Can't believe we are almost 25 minutes in this and there still isn't a TSN stream out there.
Does the stream from TSN.ca not work?

http://www.tsn.ca/live/TradeCentre2013/

Old
04-03-2013, 07:25 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Does the stream from TSN.ca not work?

http://www.tsn.ca/live/TradeCentre2013/
No.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:27 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 42s
Intriguing name: teams are talking to Florida about Dmitry Kulikov. He's not untouchable but I think Florida would need to get a great offer

Get him!

Old
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

From LeBrun....

Quote:
Intriguing name: teams are talking to Florida about Dmitry Kulikov. He's not untouchable but I think Florida would need to get a great offer

Old
04-03-2013, 07:31 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
No.
Ah...sorry, didn't know

Old
04-03-2013, 07:34 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Ah...sorry, didn't know
Yes, all your fault.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:40 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Yes, all your fault.
You know, it really is...I had nothing better to do this morning, so I called TSN and told them to not make the stream viewable for only you...and it looks like they listened!

Old
04-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Avs71

There is no reason to move Bordeleau. He plays his role perfectly. He hits incredibly hard, and can lay a beat down on anyone in the league. Some of you are talking about how Mcleod is better than a just a 5 minute fighter this season. You don't think any of that comes from the confidence of knowing that he doesn't have to take on the big guys anymore? Bordeleau provides a nice confidence to the team knowing that there is no team that can bully the Avs.

For how "bad" of a hockey player he is, there are plenty of teams who would love him. Just get over the fact that he only plays 5 minutes, and enjoy knowing that if something is going to go down in a game, the Avs have one of the toughest players in the NHL ready to hop the boards and knock someone's teeth in.

Next year the Avs will be facing Reaves, Bollig, Rupp, Peluso, and Thorburn. That's just the Avs own division. For the value Bordeleau had, just keep him and take solace in the fact there is someone to protect all the young guys.
--------

TSN just said Kulikov's name is being brought up, but Florida would need to be overwhelmed.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by robindif View Post
pierre lebrun ‏@real_espnlebrun 42s
intriguing name: Teams are talking to florida about dmitry kulikov. He's not untouchable but i think florida would need to get a great offer

get him!
Seconded!

I agree about Bordy and Cody. I would keep them unless bowled over. Like Burke giving us a second rounder for Parros. That is value. I love Bordy but if a team offers a 2nd...done deal.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
I really hope the Leafs get Luongo...

...and then screw up the paper work and the trade gets rejected!

04-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Zandar

Quote:

What wingers? Outside of Landeskog, PA and McGinn they are all replaceable. Sure there is struggling Jones but does anyone think Downie is going to stick around for this crap? Then you have a bunch of energy/bottom 6 guys. If anything the injuries showed that we are weak on the wing and need depth.

Closed Thread