HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
That is a good story to hear. Wish the press that "cover" the Avalanche would do more of that type of coverage instead of the "We miss Anderson, Stewart, and Shattenkirk" stories.
Instead of looking at the glass as half full, our beat writers are busy crying over the spilled milk...still.

03-25-2013, 12:34 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Avs really need to hope contenders get desperate and they can ditch the dead weight on this team. There are just way too many space takers and not enough actual talent/drive on this team.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:51 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Avs really need to hope contenders get desperate and they can ditch the dead weight on this team. There are just way too many space takers and not enough actual talent/drive on this team.
2 2nds for Murray is giving me hope.....even if 1 ends up being a conditional

Old
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

With Pittsburgh's last two trades, my expectations just went up. I think if we can get rid of 2 or 3 of our deadweight defenders (ROB + Zanon/Hunwick) for 2 or 3 top 90 picks, I will be thrilled. Then maybe a prospect + 3rd for Kobasew.

Also, going in the Avs favor this year is they are likely one of the only teams selling this year. Calgary, Florida, Buffalo (maybe not if they keep winning), Edmonton, and the Avs are going to be the main ones giving up decent pieces.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:59 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
With Pittsburgh's last two trades, my expectations just went up. I think if we can get rid of 2 or 3 of our deadweight defenders (ROB + Zanon/Hunwick) for 2 or 3 top 90 picks, I will be thrilled. Then maybe a prospect + 3rd for Kobasew.
As long as the Avs actually try to trade these guys I'll be okay. If they hold onto them, and there is no word that they tried to trade them I will flip my lid. If they can't find a buyer, that is a different story.

This year, more than any, I think the Avs MUST be sellers. The players we want to trade aren't players that will have a place on the team in the long term.

Hell, if someone gets super desperate and offers a great package up for Stastny, I would be up for trading Paul. This is coming from one of the more consistent SOS supporters too,

Old
03-25-2013, 01:13 PM
GeoffL19

vCash: 800
I see absolutely no reason why they don't, at the very, very least, move Kobasew and O'Byrne at the deadline.

UNLESS they're planning on extending them, it would be sheer idiocy and blatant mismanagement of assets if they can't at least get a bloody 7th rounder out of those two. The season's over, we're not making the playoffs, there is absolutely no need to keep our depth around, might as well call up guys like Sgar, Thomas, VDG, Barrie, Pock, Elliott, Carey, etc and give them a handful of games.

Teams looking to add cheap, rental depth that can play the body for the playoffs will gladly take Koby and O'Byrne.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:14 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:

Also, going in the Avs favor this year is they are likely one of the only teams selling this year. Calgary, Florida, Buffalo (maybe not if they keep winning), Edmonton, and the Avs are going to be the main ones giving up decent pieces.
Too high.

Most of our undesirables have more then a year left on their contracts. Other teams aren't going to pay as high a price if they have to take another year or two.

O'Byrne is not as experienced and someone like Murray, he won't get that return.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:00 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Too high.

Most of our undesirables have more then a year left on their contracts. Other teams aren't going to pay as high a price if they have to take another year or two.

O'Byrne is not as experienced and someone like Murray, he won't get that return.
So ROB for a 2nd (a 2nd/3rd less than Murray), Hunwick/Zanon for a late 3rd, and Kobasew for a 3rd + prospect is too high of expectations? ROB and Kobasew have expiring contracts so there isn't any extra years for teams to worry about. With Hunwick it is one more year of a cheap contract that can easily be fit as a #6 or 7. Zanon's value might be hurt by his contract length. If the price that Pittsburgh paid said anything, it said that the price on getting players for a playoff run is going to be expensive (not many sellers). Those trades alone would give the Avs 6 picks in the top 90 of the draft. It would be quite the haul for them.

As for playoff experience, it isn't like those players don't have any. ROB went on a run with Montreal in 09-10. Zanon was on the Bruins last season, and before that had some games with Nashville. Kobasew has been on a run to the finals before. Hunwick played very well for Boston in 09-10 in the playoffs. Murray has way more experience than any of them, but they still have some.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:07 PM
hockeyfish

Well, we've seen this all before. a few players get traded for good returns a week away from the deadline and we all start to get excited that we may get good value for the players. But either nothing gets done or we move them for a fraction of what we expected.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:16 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
I honestly wont be shocked if we did nothing at trade deadline. Maybe we can trade Rick Berry for something useful

Old
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
Well, we've seen this all before. a few players get traded for good returns a week away from the deadline and we all start to get excited that we may get good value for the players. But either nothing gets done or we move them for a fraction of what we expected.
You're right. Unfortunately.

But we need something to get excited about with this team.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
So ROB for a 2nd (a 2nd/3rd less than Murray), Hunwick/Zanon for a late 3rd, and Kobasew for a 3rd + prospect is too high of expectations?
I think it's too high, yes.

But if the Avs got those three picks at the deadline, I'd be quite happy. And I'm including both Hunwick/Zanon for that late 3rd.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I'll just be happy if the players we want moved are moved. I don't care how much they net in return. I think I'll be disappointed on that front as well.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
dahrougem2

At this point in time I don't care that Pittsburgh increased the value for trades with their two most recent ones, I just want these guys gone

Chuck Kobasew for a 4th

Ryan O'Byrne for a 3rd

David Jones for a 7th in 2015

Greg Zanon for a 6th

Matt Hunwick for a 5th

At the very worst, these guys can potentially play in Lake Erie and maybe, just maybe you get lucky and find a gem in there but for god sake get these bums out of Denver. Put Wilson on the IR for the remainder of the season, and go with

O'Brien/Johnson
Hejda/Barrie
Whoever/Elliott

Seeing as how we're tanking anyways, might as well get Barrie and Elliott as many minutes as possible down the stretch to gear them up for next season. Heck, might as well call up Gaunce to play with Elliott

Old
03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
the_fan

Trade Stastny, Jones, McGinn, Hunwick, Zanon, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Hejda..

This are all pretty much dead weights on the Avs that need to be replaced. Maybe Mcginn is not really a dead weight, but he can be replaced by a better winger.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:31 PM
danmcn12
Radioactive

The only moves I can see are Mitchell for a prospect+ or SoB for a fifth or some sort of throw away asset. Maybe zanon or even Jones if teams get desperate. I don't see why a team would want RoB, kobasew, or hunwick to be honest.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:36 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I will be thoroughly upset if we don't trade at least 2 of these guys:

- Jones
- Hunwick
- Kobasew
- O'Brien
- O'Byrne
I am going for 5 on 5. Call me a dreamer but we need to add picks and when i look at the 3rd round, i see guys that i like a lot.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
The only moves I can see are Mitchell for a prospect+ or SoB for a fifth or some sort of throw away asset. Maybe zanon or even Jones if teams get desperate. I don't see why a team would want RoB, kobasew, or hunwick to be honest.
We're not getting a prospect for John Mitchell. Not a prospect worth anything at least. It's best just to keep him.

Kobasew provides depth, energy, a bit of scoring touch, can play center or wing, and can kill penalties.

I don't see us moving SOB.

O'Byrne's trade value is pretty bad, but it can't be nonexistent. If a team's willing to offer a low conditional pick, just do it. Same with Zanon. Hunwick is as good a 7th defenseman as you'll find, no reason the Avs couldn't find takers.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
I am amazed at the amount of people who think that Jones is going to be shopped.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
03-25-2013, 06:07 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
I am amazed at the amount of people who think that Jones is going to be shopped.
His name is quite frequent in the rumor mill right now, but it seemingly is every season.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
Quote:
His name is quite frequent in the rumor mill right now, but it seemingly is every season.
I can't see why any team is going to trade for a rental who has been awful this season and has three years left at 4 million each.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
It's more of a dream than anything... a fantastic dream...

Old
03-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Zandar

Quote:
I can't see why any team is going to trade for a rental who has been awful this season and has three years left at 4 million each.
Three years left does not make him a rental. Also if it costs the Avs 2/3rds to buy a player out why don't they just offer to cover half a players salary? jones at 2 million for 3 more years is awfully enticing to every team and worth something.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:54 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Is it actually? Do you have any links?

Old
03-25-2013, 06:56 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Every season, he didn't have $12M of contract left.

I can't see anyone trading for him.

Closed Thread