HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla Trade Rumours Thread Part 1: Pit, Bos, La, Chi interested

Old
03-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Jag68Sid87

vCash: 500
Didn't Feaster say recently that they feel comfortable with their goaltending, now and for the future? I thought I heard that somewhere. Jon Gillies is having a great NCAA season, and they seem rather high on both Ramo and Brossoit.

I would be SHOCKED if this is what Feaster et al are looking for.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:17 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/lates...#pipe42/latest

The video clip.. says that Bernier could be offered for Iginla but the Flames would probably have to add since Iginla is a rental. Interesting, thought it'd be the other way around.

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

a 2nd line of Iginla-Richards-Carter would be pretty nice

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:21 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
i can guarantee you Toffoli is off limits
I don't think I would accept a package around Bernier for Iginla unless it was a rather large overpayment since I feel more than comfortable with our goalie situation right now.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:25 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I don't think I would accept a package around Bernier for Iginla unless it was a rather large overpayment since I feel more than comfortable with our goalie situation right now.
How? If Kipper leaves after this season how can you feel comfortable? Not one proven goalie to take over.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/lates...#pipe42/latest

The video clip.. says that Bernier could be offered for Iginla but the Flames would probably have to add since Iginla is a rental. Interesting, thought it'd be the other way around.
Sounds like speculation on LeBrun's part more than any concrete rumour. If that's what the offer is then the Flames pass big time. Iginla is still producing points on a completely inept team that has Matt Stajan as its best centerman.

Feaster isn't letting go of Iginla (and adding a pick on top!) for a guy who could very easily be the next Anders Lindback.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:27 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
How? If Kipper leaves after this season how can you feel comfortable? Not one proven goalie to take over.
I would rather run with Ramo and use Iginla to fix our defensive/offensive holes rather than using Iginla to add another player to the one area we have some sort of depth at.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Noori

Quote:
It would be a rebuilding team so Ramo/McDonald tandem would suffice while Gillies and Brossoit are groomed. Even if the Flames need a goalie upgrade, trading Iginla just to patch it up with Bernier would be a huge mistake.

Exactly as the Hudlinator said.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
It would be a rebuilding team so Ramo/McDonald tandem would suffice while Gillies and Brossoit are groomed. Even if the Flames need a goalie upgrade, trading Iginla just to patch it up with Bernier would be a huge mistake.

Exactly as the Hudlinator said.
I'm and not suggesting to make the trade, just that I don't think the Flames are so well of in the goaltending department as everyone makes it sound.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
If that's what the offer is then the Flames pass big time. Iginla is still producing points on a completely inept team that has Matt Stajan as its best centerman.

Feaster isn't letting go of Iginla (and adding a pick on top!) for a guy who could very easily be the next Anders Lindback.

Agreed.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Not interested in Bernier at all for Iggy.

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

I still think a Giordano / Reinhart for Bernier / Fobort trade would be appealing for both teams.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-jarome-iginla

Quote:
It should surprise no one that the Kings have interest in Iginla. For starters, L.A. inquired about his ability a few years back only to be told he wasn’t going anywhere. More to the heart of the matter though is Kings head coach Darryl Sutter and his relationship with Iginla from their days together in Calgary.

I think the Kings would want at least a draft pick to go along with Iginla -- whose contract expires after the season -- in return for a future franchise goalie like Bernier.
LeBrun is dreaming, the Kings would have to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I'd be surprised if LA dealt anything of substantial value for a rental they couldn't re-sign. And I doubt Calgary could get much as there's a short list that Iggy would agree to be traded to...true contenders who are willing and have the remaining cap room to take him and his several mil pro-rated cap hit.

And with the way Quick is playing, why add a redundant winger for a piece we may need to keep for the playoffs? Who will be backup?

All I offer is a 2nd rounder next years'.
We aren't in that mode anymore. We have won the Stanley Cup, maintained the same roster, and are in position to potentially win it again. We are in a similar position as the Pens were when they traded for Hossa.

We have our core, they are set here. Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Carter, Doughty, Voynov, and Quick aren't going anywhere. Adding serious rental players, especially in a year with this kind of cap ceiling, is a very reasonable thing to do for the Kings. Don't be surprised if we take some risks.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Osprey

I can't see Calgary trading Iginla to a team in their division (starting next season). He's a UFA this Summer, but the team that he's traded to will have the inside track on re-signing him, and I can't see Calgary taking that chance. They'll likely entertain LA simply to get Pittsburgh and Boston to increase their offers and then ship him out East in hopes that he'll stay there.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
I wouldn't, Toffoli isn't really any different then Backlund. He isn't going to be a number 1 centerman either. Bernier is the better player.
Possibly because he isn't a C.. Jesus.

This reminds me of you arguing how bad Calgary has been at the dome lately, you know, except for the whole five wins in a row there.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I can't see Calgary trading Iginla to a team in their division (starting next season).
By the time Calgary is relevant again Iginla will be up for the Hall of Fame.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
patty59

I think Flames fans will end up disappointed with the return if he's dealt. My guess is they get one good piece and a bunch of spare parts.

I hope the Bruins land him.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Some Other Flame

Flames have to add to Iginla to get Bernier? What exactly is LeBrun smoking when he starts speculating?

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I think Flames fans will end up disappointed with the return if he's dealt. My guess is they get one good piece and a bunch of spare parts.
I agree here, no way the Flames are going to get the Kings top prospect for a year or two of Iginla. Toffoli is the winger of the future in L.A.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:24 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Possibly because he isn't a C.. Jesus.

This reminds me of you arguing how bad Calgary has been at the dome lately, you know, except for the whole five wins in a row there.
My bad,

I didn't even have an argument about that yet, why are you even bringing that up in this thread, it doesn't belong here. Pull the stick out of your ass buddy!

Old
03-14-2013, 10:38 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I'm and not suggesting to make the trade, just that I don't think the Flames are so well of in the goaltending department as everyone makes it sound.
No one thinks we have the best depth at goaltender but the fact that we have 3 goaltenders with starter potential (Ramo,Brossoit,Gillies) and have little to prospects that project to be top forwards or top 4 defensemen is more worrying.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:47 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
No one thinks we have the best depth at goaltender but the fact that we have 3 goaltenders with starter potential (Ramo,Brossoit,Gillies) and have little to prospects that project to be top forwards or top 4 defensemen is more worrying.
Broissoit plays on a very good team, and Gillies was just drafted last year. Every Goalie has starting potential when they are just drafted, they are that unpredictable. Ramo who knows? hasn't played in NA for over 3 years. The fact Bernier has come into the NHL and has been successful backing up Quick is a lot further then calling just drafted or CHL players potential starters. Everyone was drooling over Ortio at one point and Irving was very good in the CHL as well. I know we don't have a lot of prospects that project to be top players but we don't have a proven goalie to take over the reigns when Kipper is gone. Unless the plan is to just throw somebody in their and see what happens. Usually that doesn't work out to well though.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:03 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Broissoit plays on a very good team, and Gillies was just drafted last year. Every Goalie has starting potential when they are just drafted, they are that unpredictable. Ramo who knows? hasn't played in NA for over 3 years. The fact Bernier has come into the NHL and has been successful backing up Quick is a lot further then calling just drafted or CHL players potential starters. Everyone was drooling over Ortio at one point and Irving was very good in the CHL as well. I know we don't have a lot of prospects that project to be top players but we don't have a proven goalie to take over the reigns when Kipper is gone. Unless the plan is to just throw somebody in their and see what happens. Usually that doesn't work out to well though.
Again we have more of a prospect base as well as decent option next in Ramp we don't need another goalie as badly as we need a forward or a defenseman. I understand what you are saying but Iginla is our best trading piece not using him to address our most pressing needs is a foolish and unwise move, goalies tend to have lower trading value so having to many goalies is a larger problem than it is to have to many forwards or defensemen.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystormcgy View Post
I would feel so bad for leland irving.
Bernier drafted 11th, Irving 26th.
Irving was the heir apparent for the WJC, Bernier takes it from him.
Irving was the heir apparent to Kipper, Bernier takes it.
Ouch!
i dont... theres a reason bernier has beat him... cause hes not very good

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
hes having a decent season over seas by the looks of things

i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the AHL next season for feaster to see what he has

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote