HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla Trade Rumours Thread Part 1: Pit, Bos, La, Chi interested

Old
03-15-2013, 08:03 PM
CandianKingsFan14

vCash: 500
To Calgary

Bernier
Gravel
Andreoff
Richardson

To Los Angeles

Iginla
Nemisz/Jankowski

CandianKingsFan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandianKingsFan14 View Post
To Calgary

Bernier
Gravel
Andreoff
Richardson

To Los Angeles

Iginla
Nemisz/Jankowski
Lol. Want Baertschi too?

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:08 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Bernier + makes sense for Calgary
It really wouldn't. Ramo's expected to be the starter for the near future, and then there are a couple of young guys who look like they'll have a shot at being NHL tenders.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
To Calgary

Bernier
Gravel
Andreoff
Richardson

To Los Angeles

Iginla
Nemisz/Jankowski
This is pretty bad. And Jankowski and Nemisz aren't even close to being in the same ballpark. One's a fringe prospect and the other is a first round pick from just last year.

Bernier has no appeal to the Flames, and thus limited value. If Toffoli's off the table, then it would have to be something around Pearson and Forbort.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:11 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
This is pretty bad. And Jankowski and Nemisz aren't even close to being in the same ballpark. One's a fringe prospect and the other is a first round pick from just last year.

Bernier has no appeal to the Flames, and thus limited value. If Toffoli's off the table, then it would have to be something around Pearson and Forbort.
I'd do Iginla for a pair of 1sts. Toffoli's the only LA prospect I'm really interested in.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
This is awful.

Martinez has no value.
This is all I needed to hear.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:23 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:

Nope, not trading Forbort for Iginla as a rental, sorry, even Bernier doesn't make much sense for a 15+ game rental and pending playoffs, I don't know why Calgary fans refuse Bernier, you'd be getting a promising netminder with NHL experience who has full team control (RFA) for a pending UFA who may re-sign in the summer, but that's fine, keep him.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:24 PM
CandianKingsFan14

Quote:

I was saying Nemiz or Jankowski doesnt matter. Bernier could be the answer to your goaltending for the future. After Kipper is done who do they have??? You can take out Gravel and put Forbot in but what makes you think he will be better than than Forbot. Iggy is 35 the Flames arent going to get the world for him. The Kings arent going to give up Toffoli for a 35 year old rental

Old
03-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Nope, not trading Forbort for Iginla as a rental, sorry, even Bernier doesn't make much sense for a 15+ game rental and pending playoffs, I don't know why Calgary fans refuse Bernier, you'd be getting a promising netminder with NHL experience who has full team control (RFA) for a pending UFA who may re-sign in the summer, but that's fine, keep him.
It's really not a hard concept and it's a shame so many other hockey fans simply can't or refuse to understand the situation from a Flames perspective.

It's pretty straightforward- just look at the Flames prospect pool. After Baertschi, they only have two prospects in Gaudreau and Jankowski who might turn out to be top-six players in the NHL and both are long term projects. After that, there's a real dearth of high end talent in the system.

For defense, now that Brodie's graduated, the Flames have no one in the system that projects to be a top-four or better. They are terribly weak in defensive prospects moving forward.

In contrast, the goaltending situation is relatively stacked. There's Ramo, who's done very well in the KHL is looks to be coming over next season, then Brossoit, and Gillies in the system. The Flames are not hurting for a goaltender at the moment.

Thus, if you can put all that together, you might be able to understand why the Flames aren't all that high on Bernier. Relative to their needs, defense and forwards are much, much more of a concern than goaltending. And using some simple logic, the smartest thing for the Flames is to use one of their biggest trading chips to fill needed holes, rather than address areas that don't look to be a big issue moving forward.

Quote:
I was saying Nemiz or Jankowski doesnt matter. Bernier could be the answer to your goaltending for the future. After Kipper is done who do they have??? You can take out Gravel and put Forbot in but what makes you think he will be better than than Forbot. Iggy is 35 the Flames arent going to get the world for him. The Kings arent going to give up Toffoli for a 35 year old rental
It does matter because there's a world of difference. It's like saying choose between Forbort and Kolomatis.

As for future goaltending, look above. It's not a need.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Richie10

A lot of people in this thread really underrating an established, young goaltender in Bernier that can step in RIGHT NOW and be a #1. He's as close as you get to a proven commodity in net, and has the draft status, pedigree, and scouting report to back him.

Calgary doesn't have a single goaltender in their system that is remotely close to Bernier in terms of readiness, familiarity, and track record in the NHL.

Richie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:52 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
It's really not a hard concept and it's a shame so many other hockey fans simply can't or refuse to understand the situation from a Flames perspective.

It's pretty straightforward- just look at the Flames prospect pool. After Baertschi, they only have two prospects in Gaudreau and Jankowski who might turn out to be top-six players in the NHL and both are long term projects. After that, there's a real dearth of high end talent in the system.

For defense, now that Brodie's graduated, the Flames have no one in the system that projects to be a top-four or better. They are terribly weak in defensive prospects moving forward.

In contrast, the goaltending situation is relatively stacked. There's Ramo, who's done very well in the KHL is looks to be coming over next season, then Brossoit, and Gillies in the system. The Flames are not hurting for a goaltender at the moment.

Thus, if you can put all that together, you might be able to understand why the Flames aren't all that high on Bernier. Relative to their needs, defense and forwards are much, much more of a concern than goaltending. And using some simple logic, the smartest thing for the Flames is to use one of their biggest trading chips to fill needed holes, rather than address areas that don't look to be a big issue moving forward.

It does matter because there's a world of difference. It's like saying choose between Forbort and Kolomatis.

That's fine then, guess there's no match as there's no way Toffoli is being traded for a rental same for Pearson I would believe, Iginla would be a luxury at this point I feel so I guess there's no match.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:54 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
A lot of people in this thread really underrating an established, young goaltender in Bernier that can step in RIGHT NOW and be a #1. He's as close as you get to a proven commodity in net, and has the draft status, pedigree, and scouting report to back him.

Calgary doesn't have a single goaltender in their system that is remotely close to Bernier in terms of readiness, familiarity, and track record in the NHL.
I agree, but Iginla isn't going to be used to get a goalie. Gio is a different story.

FLAMES666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post

You are correct....they tend to think that Ramos is something special but he isn't at all.....the Flames would be lucky to get Bernier for Iggy at this point....but I wonder why LA would give up a possible first string solid goalie for a player for a few games?

Though Iggy even for a rental probably makes you guys the potential favs coming out of the west and matching up well with Boston.....

Of course, if you knew you could sign Iggy, then a Bernier for Iggy swap makes good sense.

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
That's fine then, guess there's no match as there's no way Toffoli is being traded for a rental same for Pearson I would believe, Iginla would be a luxury at this point I feel so I guess there's no match.
Toffoli's probably a reach, I agree. Teams don't trade their very best prospects for a rental, no matter how good.

Personally, I don't think LA's a good fit anyway. No first in 2013 to part with while the Flames could very easily get one from another team like Pittsburgh or the Bruins.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:00 PM
NightBlazer

vCash: 0
Quote:
To Calgary

Bernier
Gravel
Andreoff
Richardson

To Los Angeles

Iginla
Nemisz/Jankowski
LOL at Nemisz or Jankowski. You can have Nemisz.

NightBlazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:09 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Bernier + makes sense for Calgary
Not really. With Kari Ramo coming over next year, the Flames think they have their goalie of the future already. With how he's playing in Russia, they just might.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:09 PM
CandianKingsFan14

Quote:

I get what your saying to an extent.... will just keep Bernier for now then. As for your future goaltending..... I guess time will tell wont it.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:14 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
You are correct....they tend to think that Ramos is something special but he isn't at all.....the Flames would be lucky to get Bernier for Iggy at this point....but I wonder why LA would give up a possible first string solid goalie for a player for a few games?

Though Iggy even for a rental probably makes you guys the potential favs coming out of the west and matching up well with Boston.....

Of course, if you knew you could sign Iggy, then a Bernier for Iggy swap makes good sense.
Must be nice to see the future.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
it will be a mistake to trade bernier now, especially the way quick is playing.

Bernier could get hot and lead them on a nice playoff run much like quick did last year, which would even further his trade value.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:31 PM
AvsFanJosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Cup > Bernier IMO.

Quick has shown what he can do in the playoffs. They don't need Bernier hanging around.

Kings can win 1-2 more Cups if they play this right and add impact players to the core.
I can agree with this, the kings have a great core going forward, Quick obviously can provide great goaltending, so id probably do a trade involving Iggy and Bernier. If the kings added Iggy that would definitely strengthen there offence.

AvsFanJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
it will be a mistake to trade bernier now, especially the way quick is playing.

Bernier could get hot and lead them on a nice playoff run much like quick did last year, which would even further his trade value.
It's not gonna happen under Sutter. Quick can have 2 bad games in a row before he goes to Bernier; if Bernier does bad in one game, he won't play for atleast the next 5. Sutter wants to play the number 1.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post
How is this awful for the Kings? They get the missing piece in their top six and a major upgrade on defense for their backup goalie and a first in a weak draft.

Even if the Kings had their 2013 1st, I'd want it and Martinez for Giordano; if it's the 2014 1st, it'd take more for Gio alone. That leaves Bernier for Iginla, which is simply not enough in a seller's market where multiple teams will be bidding for his services.
You guys overvalue Gio. He's not close to being worth Amart and a 1st. Heck, I wouldn't even offer a 1st for Gio. He's maybe just a tad better than Amart. Amart alone would fetch a 2nd in an open market. Amart may play bottom pairing, but don't be so surprised if Gio also plays bottom pairing for the kings.

As for Iginla, he is not the missing piece. We're fine with our top 6. We need some help on bottom 6 and we're not moving Bernier for what could possibly be a 15 +/- games rental.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
You guys overvalue Gio. He's not close to being worth Amart and a 1st. Heck, I wouldn't even offer a 1st for Gio. He's maybe just a tad better than Amart. Amart alone would fetch a 2nd in an open market. Amart may play bottom pairing, but don't be so surprised if Gio also plays bottom pairing for the kings.

As for Iginla, he is not the missing piece. We're fine with our top 6. We need some help on bottom 6 and we're not moving Bernier for what could possibly be a 15 +/- games rental.
Giordano not worth a 1st round pick?

Good puck finding that defenceman you want.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Jag68Sid87

I suspect that if Iginla were to agree to be moved, and a deal were struck with LA, he wouldn't be there for only 15+ games.

He loves playing for Darryl Sutter. It might be the reason the Kings hold an edge on other places Iginla might wanna go.

I think if the deal happens with LA, he finishes his career as a King. OR, as long as Sutter is coach.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post

Any team would be crazy not to add Iginla.

You don't think Iginla would be an upgrade over Penner?

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote