HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

GSP vs Diaz

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
GSP completely dismantles him slowly across all 5 rounds.

You know, the GSP special.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Brody

vCash: 560
Diaz.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:37 PM
DionPhaneuf3

vCash: 500
GSP no doubt . Diaz talks a lot of trash, want to see him get beat down.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:44 PM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
GSP would get killed by Silva, and I love GSP. I don't see the excitement in a fight between them , it would just be a cash grab that they would make it seem a lot closer on purpose than it actually would be .

And saying things like " gsp wouldnt pass a drug test , just makes me want GSP to beat him as fast as he can.
Hahaha good luck with that one your dreaming...GSP will fight Silva the same way Sonnen fought Silva in their 1st fight.

Silva will not be able to defend GSP's takedowns which are the best in the world and will not escape with a win. When GSP is game on and takes you down you won't get up and beat him he has proven that against the world's best time and again. Silva got the living crap kicked out of him in the 1st Sonnen fight but caught Sonnen with a late lucky submission or he would have lost a unanimous decision.

Same prediction i made for a GSP vs Silva fight the way i see the fight going i heard was also made by Pat Miletich who has trained at least 11 MMA world champions.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:24 PM
peety16

Goin with GSP here for sure, however he better keep his emotions in check and stick to the gameplan because Diaz is completely capable of catching him. I expect a UAD with all 5 rounds to the champ

Old
03-16-2013, 03:29 PM
The CyNick
Follow @ TheCyNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
Hahaha good luck with that one your dreaming...GSP will fight Silva the same way Sonnen fought Silva in their 1st fight.

Silva will not be able to defend GSP's takedowns which are the best in the world and will not escape with a win. When GSP is game on and takes you down you won't get up and beat him he has proven that against the world's best time and again. Silva got the living crap kicked out of him in the 1st Sonnen fight but caught Sonnen with a late lucky submission or he would have lost a unanimous decision.

Same prediction i made for a GSP vs Silva fight the way i see the fight going i heard was also made by Pat Miletich who has trained at least 11 MMA world champions.
How did that second fight work out for Sonnen?

Even if GSP got Silva down, he wouldn't be strong enough to gold him down for five rounds. At some point he would get clipped.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

I love GSP. I hope he eats Diaz alive. Also super excited for Condit vs Hendricks...could go either way but I think Condit will take it, as long as he doesn't leave himself open for Hendricks' granite left hand.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Swervin81
Disgruntled Leaf Fan

GSP, unanimous decision.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:33 PM
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
I have never watched UFC lol, but I guess I'll go with the champion St. Pierre.
I only started watching after I saw the weigh-ins

03-16-2013, 03:36 PM
FrozenJagrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post

Even if GSP got Silva down, he wouldn't be strong enough to gold him down for five rounds. At some point he would get clipped.
That fight would be a lot closer than fans of either fighter are willing to admit. Silva is the best in the world until proven otherwise in my opinion, but for you to talk like GSP wouldn't dominate the ground game is a little ridiculous. GSP has the best ground game in the world, he shamed Hughes, Koscheck, Serra, Penn, Fitch, Sherk and Trigg. Those guys all had stellar ground games and GSP beat every one of them at their own game.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Bigleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by peety16 View Post
Goin with GSP here for sure, however he better keep his emotions in check and stick to the gameplan because Diaz is completely capable of catching him. I expect a UAD with all 5 rounds to the champ
This. Diaz is no slouch. He's very aggressive off of his back with world class bjj. The difference is GSP has the best mma wrestling on the planet and can control where the fight takes place. GSP by 5 round decision if he controls his emotions and fights a smart fight by mixing up his kicks, punches and takedowns. He doesn't want to get in a slugfest with Diaz.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:47 PM
BayStreetBullies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
GSP would get killed by Silva, and I love GSP.
How exactly would GSP get killed by Silva?

Old
03-16-2013, 03:48 PM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post

How did the 1st fight go for Silva? lol He got the living crap kicked out of him for 5 rounds if Sonnen can hold Silva down so can GSP no problem who would train up properly to the weight.

And in my opinion and many others the 2nd fight looked very suspicious not only because of the way Sonnen fought differently but because of the way it ended with a failed sloppy Sonnen spinning backfist then just sitting back against the fence just letting Silva come at him with a lame ass finish that wouldn't have knocked out my grandmother.

That's the one problem people have with the UFC some of the fights look very suspicious. A Sonnen victory over Silva would kill a super fight between GSP and Silva and the UFC doesn't want that $$$$$.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStreetBullies View Post
How exactly would GSP get killed by Silva?
Obviously at the UFC MMA level any fighter can beat any fighter with one shot or one quick take down and submission.

Don't buy the hype about Anderson Silva he has fought a lot of washed up fighters. His only hope to "kill" GSP is via striking and knocking him out. GSP's takedowns and ground and pound is the best in the world and that's how I see GSP beating Silva he won't stand all fight and trade strikes he'll take Silva down and go to work. Silva is also getting up there in age 38 in April while GSP is in his prime 32 in May.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:59 PM
MrLegend28

this whole "gotta root for GSP hes canadian!" **** is what irks me most and why I'm rooting for Diaz. So sick of Canadian's feeling they can piggy back every single fighter. Next when Rory McDonald is big he'll be Canadas fighter, before it was Hominick, and who ever. You dont see AMericans going "Woo Jon jones is ours!! Go Americans!" they pick a fighter they enjoy not based on their home country.

Furthermore, GSP loves taking people to the ground.. watch what Diaz does to people on the ground.

People talk so dumb and ignorantly bash Diaz. Its funny listening to the pressers and how ignorant GSP sounds. "you uneducated foo" "i speak better english than you".. Condit nearly ended GSP with that kick, cant wait to watch Diaz rock him.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:00 PM
MrLegend28

btw heres a pic of Diaz with a GSP fan.. he doesnt care and does a lot for his community... Maybe you guys should stop speaking out your ***** and learn a thing or 2.. wait, this is the Leafs forum

Old
03-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Kamal007
God Level

^agreed. The GSP nuthug by Canadian mma "fans" is quite hilarious.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:04 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post

btw heres a pic of Diaz with a GSP fan.. he doesnt care and does a lot for his community... Maybe you guys should stop speaking out your ***** and learn a thing or 2.. wait, this is the Leafs forum
The guy is a tool... did you no see the press conference? The guy is clearly stoned out of his mind and is then just randomly talking out of his ass not even making sense half the time. Add in the fact that constantly mocks opponents and you get a *********

Old
03-16-2013, 04:04 PM
BayStreetBullies*

Quote:
this whole "gotta root for GSP hes canadian!" **** is what irks me most and why I'm rooting for Diaz. So sick of Canadian's feeling they can piggy back every single fighter. Next when Rory McDonald is big he'll be Canadas fighter, before it was Hominick, and who ever. You dont see AMericans going "Woo Jon jones is ours!! Go Americans!" they pick a fighter they enjoy not based on their home country.

Furthermore, GSP loves taking people to the ground.. watch what Diaz does to people on the ground.

People talk so dumb and ignorantly bash Diaz. Its funny listening to the pressers and how ignorant GSP sounds. "you uneducated foo" "i speak better english than you".. Condit nearly ended GSP with that kick, cant wait to watch Diaz rock him.
Give me a break. You make it sound like Canadians are the only ones who root for GSP simply because of his nationality. But I'll tell you what, you can cheer on your hero Diaz and the rest of us will root for GSP not just because he's Canadian, but because he's simply that *****ing good. That ok with you chief?

Old
03-16-2013, 04:05 PM
TieClark

Quote:

Really? You don't recall EVER hearing a "USA! USA! USA!" chant at a UFC fight? Really?

Old
03-16-2013, 04:06 PM
BayStreetBullies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Really? You don't recall EVER hearing a "USA! USA! USA!" chant at a UFC fight? Really?
It's only ok if Americans cheer for their own athletes.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:08 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:

Americans have way more to choose from, why would they do that? Stop acting like a know it all.

GSP is a great fighter.

I became a fan of his when I saw his first fight against BJ Penn back in 2006. I like the way he fights, how he's so technically sound, how he's a complete beast with training and condition, and I like his personality.

It's not about being Canadian, GSP is respected and for very good reasons.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Kamal007
God Level

And saying that GSP will dominate Anderson because Chael did in his first fight is comical. Chael's bigger, stronger and more of a bull rush wrestler. He doesn't strike to set anything up, he runs through guys to get them on the ground. GSP sets his takedowns up by striking, which means he will have to strike with the far superior striker longer than Chael ever had to do.

Not to mention the size mismatch that Silva has. Silva is pretty big even for a LHW and huge for MW. I highly doubt GSP takes a fight against Silva at anything other than 170, too much to lose for him, otherwise. And I doubt Anderson can even make 170 at this point in his career. Doubt the fight happens.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:10 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

I'm getting ****ing sick and tired of bozos coming into threads and telling people what to do. Are you going to tell me that you're sick and tired of Canadian people putting maple syrup on their pancakes?

Holy ****.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:35 PM
93gilmour93

GSP wins TKO 2nd round

Closed Thread