HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GSP vs Diaz

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 03:45 AM
Peasy
Lace Up

vCash: 960
A little disappointed with the fight. Thought it would have been more like the Koscheck fight. I'm hoping Hendricks get the next crack at GSP, his wrestling is quite good, and has unbelievable striking. His fight tonight was definitely the fight of the night.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:52 AM
Toronto

vCash: 500
Gsp is the most boring fighter in ufc history.

And gsp did not outbox diaz give me a break. The whole time in the standup diaz was just worrying about gsp trying to perform more dry humping on him. Hopefully hendricks beats him. I sense it will be another 5 rounds of dry humping though

Old
03-17-2013, 03:55 AM
BayStreetBullies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
Gsp is the most boring fighter in ufc history.

And gsp did not outbox diaz give me a break. The whole time in the standup diaz was just worrying about gsp trying to perform more dry humping on him. Hopefully hendricks beats him. I sense it will be another 5 rounds of dry humping though
He did outbox him, what fight were you watching?

It seems like the majority of people who watch UFC think every fight should result in a KO.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:19 AM
leafsfuture

Condit and Diaz have 1 real TKO loss combined, in over 50 fights. These guys dont get finished.

Could GSP have gone all out for a Rear naked choke, when Diaz gave his back?? Probably, but Diaz had legit BJJ, and knows how to deal with those situations all day

Old
03-17-2013, 04:56 AM
achtungbaby

Is it normal for MMA fights to go that late? And is it just me, or did the GSP fight look like a couple of guys humping each other most of the time?

Old
03-17-2013, 09:15 AM
The Missing Piece
What's Left?

To be a long standing champion you have to fight a "boring" style. Can't just go in and trade you take too much damage and assume too much risk, even if you are the better fighter. Gsp vs Matt Serra ex.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Peasy
Lace Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Missing Piece View Post
To be a long standing champion you have to fight a "boring" style. Can't just go in and trade you take too much damage and assume too much risk, even if you are the better fighter. Gsp vs Matt Serra ex.
Silva and Jones say hi.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:27 AM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Diaz pulling excuses out of his ass . Eastern time zone messed him up , UFC should have PRIDE rules blah blah blah. Also telling GSP he has no punching power, your washed up bud just retire
And that's why ^ i said last night after the fight GSP should have punched that ignorant trash mouth punk Diaz out cold the numerous times he took him down for the ground & pound.

The UFC should definitely start the main card much earlier like 7-8pm est prime time at the latest the fighters would have way more energy and have better fights and more people would stay awake to buy their pay per view this 10pm to 12am main card is total BS i can barely stay awake for these late night main events and now this morning I feel like crap because I stayed up far too late when I was out of gas by 10pm.

Last edited by MapleLeafGardens*: 03-17-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old
03-17-2013, 10:32 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStreetBullies View Post

It seems like the majority of people who watch UFC think every fight should result in a KO.
I think its actually casual fans who dont really know what theyre talking about all that much. If people cant respect what GSP did and has done to almost everyone he faces I dunno what to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy View Post
Silva and Jones say hi.
Jones is just coming into UFC, check how long hes been champion and check GSP lol

Old
03-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Peasy
Lace Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post

Jones is just coming into UFC, check how long hes been champion and check GSP lol
I know that but right now it looks like he'll be champ for quite sometime.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:53 AM
donkeyy0

Quote:
Silva and Jones say hi.
Silva hasn't been exciting for quite a number of matches now.

Unless you think getting beat up and having a miraculously lucky submission is a good recipe for long standing success.

Most boring MMA fight I've ever witnessed was UFC 112 Silva vs. Maia.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:56 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStreetBullies View Post

Against Diaz I was praying it would be a KO, the guys a *****

Old
03-17-2013, 11:11 AM
nuck
Axis of Evil

It was a decent fight. Diaz whining aside, he was able to get GSP off his game and make him look mortal from time to time but that is like 3 or 4 total minutes out of 25. He is definitely not as good as Condit though, which is another fight where George looked mortal. Was a little surprised that Hendricks got the unanimous decision over Condit. Except for the first round he seemed to take way more shots than he dished out, especially after the takedowns.

Still a decisive win for George last night, but not too strong on the finish, and I question whether he can make a viable opponent for Silva, given some of the difficulties he has had with these taller opponents. He can't stick his strikes and get out like he was able to day with Koscheck, Penn, Hughes etc who don't have a reach advantage.

Does anyone else see Georges not using his leg kicks as much as he used to? I seem to remember him tageting legs in the past but he doesn't seem to follow this through late into fights.

It will be interesting what he decides next. Hendricks is a dangerous opponent but not a big payday. It either has to be Hendricks or move up a weight class and start fighting guys im preparation for Silva,.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

vCash: 50
Quote:
Silva and Jones say hi.
Leites vs Silva says otherwise.

Was in the building for this travesty, would rather watch GSP maul someone then a shodowbox for 25mins.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:30 AM
MapleLeafGardens*

How much would GSP have earned for the Condit fight and the Diaz fight thanks?

How much could GSP earn for a Silva superfight?

Old
03-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Armstrong9

Diaz needs to stop crying, George stood with him for long stretches in this fight and that's exactly what Nick wanted. He couldn't mount any offense, just walked around with his hands down hoping George would take a wild shot at him. And I really loved his reaction after the fight, "I don't wanna make excuses" but here's a giant list of them.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:44 PM
bigdirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
Is it normal for MMA fights to go that late? And is it just me, or did the GSP fight look like a couple of guys humping each other most of the time?
Looked like a fight to me, though I've never watched two guys humping each other.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:47 PM
musdy

Evans vs Jones was pretty boring.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:52 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

As a guy who wrestled into my university years, I thoroughly enjoy watching GSP use his wrestling skills to dominate an opponent.

He could've finished Diaz 4-5 times last night. He had his back more than I can count, and chose to continue to maul him, and even let Diaz up to stand with him.

GSP made that look easy. I believe he'll also smoke Hendricks. Classiest fighter in the business, and still has the ability to absolutely dominate guys.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
As a guy who wrestled into my university years, I thoroughly enjoy watching GSP use his wrestling skills to dominate an opponent.

He could've finished Diaz 4-5 times last night. He had his back more than I can count, and chose to continue to maul him, and even let Diaz up to stand with him.

GSP made that look easy. I believe he'll also smoke Hendricks. Classiest fighter in the business, and still has the ability to absolutely dominate guys.
Yea I agree, people don't realize that what GSP makes look easy others could only dream of doing. He's not the type of fighter who will knock you out and he doesn't really use submissions but what he does do he does better then anyone in the sport. Diaz is a great fighter, a bit of a Dick but a great fighter non the less and not someone GSP should have walked over. Out of the last 5 or so GSP fights this is the only one that had me worried.

As for the Silva fight what does GSP have to gain? I personally think Silva is too much for GSP physically, same as I think John Jones Bones is too much for Silva and the rumored fight they are looking at having. All things considered GSP, Silva, and Jones are the definitive 3 best of their divisions like a lot of other sports they don't necessarily have to fight each other to prove that. UFC is a bit pathetic like that tho trying to force the fighters to take fights they shouldn't be taking.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:49 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24 View Post
Yea I agree, people don't realize that what GSP makes look easy others could only dream of doing. He's not the type of fighter who will knock you out and he doesn't really use submissions but what he does do he does better then anyone in the sport. Diaz is a great fighter, a bit of a Dick but a great fighter non the less and not someone GSP should have walked over. Out of the last 5 or so GSP fights this is the only one that had me worried.

As for the Silva fight what does GSP have to gain? I personally think Silva is too much for GSP physically, same as I think John Jones Bones is too much for Silva and the rumored fight they are looking at having. All things considered GSP, Silva, and Jones are the definitive 3 best of their divisions like a lot of other sports they don't necessarily have to fight each other to prove that. UFC is a bit pathetic like that tho trying to force the fighters to take fights they shouldn't be taking.
GSP has nothing to prove at this point. There's no sense, in the tail end of his career, to have to take a fight with Silva. If they want a Silva/Jones fight, that makes more sense in a physical sense. I think Jones wins that fight, personally, despite Silva being one of, if not, THE BEST fighter in the world. I think Jones would be the guy to knock him off his perch.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:51 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post

The problem with taking the back with Diaz is that he's good enough to turn it right around and get top position.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
How much would GSP have earned for the Condit fight and the Diaz fight thanks?

How much could GSP earn for a Silva superfight?
1.5 million$ off UFC 154

So I'm guessing about the same for Diaz.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/art...ion-ufc-fight/

UFC top fighters really don't make nearly as much as top boxers do.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:55 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
The problem with taking the back with Diaz is that he's good enough to turn it right around and get top position.
Very true. His Jiu Jitsu is scary good. I do feel, however, that GSP is such a technically sound fighter all-around, that he could've choked him out. He was extremely cautious about getting into a bad scenario while on the mat, but in all reality, I expected more out of Diaz on the ground. GSP dominated him on the ground, and wore him out.

You start to wonder how long it's going to be, before someone is on George's level. I feel like he's going to have age/wear and tear catch up before other fighters do.

Watching GSP wrestle is a thing of beauty to a wrestler. The guy is a master technician.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:58 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Silva and Jones say hi.
Umm,I love Anderson Silva and all(he's my favorite fighter) but did you WATCH his fights vs Maia,Cote,Sonnen,Leites,and Sonnen's first fight? lol Terrible fights

Anyways, Diaz is a punk. Disliked that guy for years. Just too cocky for a guy who hasn't beaten the best guys in his division. All his losses come to top level competition, Condit,Sherk,Sanchez. His biggest wins were Zaromskis and an overrated BJ Penn. He beat up on a bunch of lesser known fighters who would obviously lose and over the hill guys. He was making excuses before the fight even began because he knew he was going to lose. He can barely ever back up the **** he spits from that hole he calls a mouth. Glad he lost and maybe he wont fail a test for once

Closed Thread