HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks at Blooz 5pm Pacific

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 03:31 PM
  #26
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Have you Kids ever hear that term before "Hockey Gods"?

I don't think there are really "Hockey Gods".
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
I think Hiller was great in that game. He won 2-1 and looked like a beast in the shoot out.

But I hope you agree that he was saved by the Hockey Gods in that game. If not, I question which game you were watching.
You say you don't think there are hockey gods, then you say Hiller was saved by them? Make your mind up!

mightyquack is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:31 PM
  #27
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn
I guess that means it's up to the players to make their own luck.
Like Spicer Lovejoy.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:31 PM
  #28
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Wow really.... Hahaha!!!
Really.

And I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:33 PM
  #29
gradeAducksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
There's a school of thought that a lot of shots hit posts and go out because the goalie is on his game and not giving them anything else to shoot at.
Yes you are right... But that wasn't the case last game. He didn't cover up the punk and that goal was called back. (LUCK) Hiller also had NO chance on Jagr's shot that hit the post and the crossbar.

That was luck on the Ducks part.

You don't get that kind of luck two games in a row.

gradeAducksfan is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:35 PM
  #30
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
360 days since Cam's last goal. Do we need to start didfowlerscore.com?
That`s because Hiller... and because Fowler i a bust


Anyway, show me that Steckel guy. Fasth!

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:36 PM
  #31
gradeAducksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Really.

And I challenge you to prove otherwise.
That is there to challenge? Hiller was LUCKY vs. Dallas! Still had a good game but Luck was a huge part of the Ducks winning.

gradeAducksfan is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:37 PM
  #32
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Exactly. I don't hold a post shot against a goaltender. I don't consider it a save or anything either, but it's not a goal. That is what matters. To take credit away from Hiller for that is just stupid.

The posts I agree with you on, but he certainly got lucky as hell with the quick whistle. That was Not Top Ten bound (not really, its ESPN).

All that aside, Hiller was one of, and probably the biggest reason we got 1 point, let alone 2.

Selanne138 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:38 PM
  #33
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
That is there to challenge? Hiller was LUCKY vs. Dallas! Still had a good game but Luck was a huge part of the Ducks winning.
Then luck is always a huge part of winning.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:39 PM
  #34
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:40 PM
  #35
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
The posts I agree with you on, but he certainly got lucky as hell with the quick whistle. That was Not Top Ten bound (not really, its ESPN).

All that aside, Hiller was one of, and probably the biggest reason we got 1 point, let alone 2.
Oh, I agree. A quick whistle is lucky, but it goes both ways. Anaheim has been burned by those too. It's the "omg, they hit the post. soooo lucky." that gets me. Have you ever seen a hockey game without a post shot? Or a couple of them, for that matter?

Sojourn is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:42 PM
  #36
gradeAducksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Then luck is always a huge part of winning.

Huge part? No.

gradeAducksfan is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:43 PM
  #37
gradeAducksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post


YES!!!! That is great. See people there is a Hockey God.

gradeAducksfan is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:45 PM
  #38
gradeAducksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Oh, I agree. A quick whistle is lucky, but it goes both ways. Anaheim has been burned by those too. It's the "omg, they hit the post. soooo lucky." that gets me. Have you ever seen a hockey game without a post shot? Or a couple of them, for that matter?
Who says "OMG, they hit the post. Soooo Lucky?

There's some luck in that.

gradeAducksfan is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:48 PM
  #39
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Huge part? No.
It seems like it would be to me. Most games are within one or two goals. I mean, if we're using your logic that a fortunate bounce, a post shot, etc... qualifies, then yes.

You basically denied Hiller some credit in the win. Would you have done the same for Fasth? I wonder.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:49 PM
  #40
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Who says "OMG, they hit the post. Soooo Lucky?

There's some luck in that.
And there is a lot more skill in it.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:56 PM
  #41
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
A post shot is not even a shot on goal. I don't see how that is so lucky.

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:57 PM
  #42
gradeAducksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
It seems like it would be to me. Most games are within one or two goals. I mean, if we're using your logic that a fortunate bounce, a post shot, etc... qualifies, then yes.

You basically denied Hiller some credit in the win. Would you have done the same for Fasth? I wonder.
Yes I did denied Hiller "some" credit for that win, and would say the same thing if it was Fasth. (I don't understand that comment). Both Goalie's are great.

I'm not putting down our goalie's but Hiller had some luck go his way in the last victory.

I think most people wouldn't argue that (only you I guess)

gradeAducksfan is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:01 PM
  #43
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Yes I did denied Hiller "some" credit for that win, and would say the same thing if it was Fasth. (I don't understand that comment). Both Goalie's are great.

I'm not putting down our goalie's but Hiller had some luck go his way in the last victory.

I think most people wouldn't argue that (only you I guess)
No, what I would argue is that luck was a huge factor. Hiller's level of play was a huge factor.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:01 PM
  #44
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Oh, I agree. A quick whistle is lucky, but it goes both ways. Anaheim has been burned by those too. It's the "omg, they hit the post. soooo lucky." that gets me. Have you ever seen a hockey game without a post shot? Or a couple of them, for that matter?
I think were on the same page here. I feel like I remember it a lot with Giguere, who had his angles down so precisely that post shots were part of what he calculated as a miss.

Its one of those things where its "Were so unlucky" when its your team hitting the pipe, but when its against you, you realize how it really isnt. Posts are definitely a part of just about every game.

Selanne138 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:05 PM
  #45
gradeAducksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
No, what I would argue is that luck was a huge factor. Hiller's level of play was a huge factor.
Ok let's say that there was no whisle, and those post/crossbars shots (3 of them) all when in.

The game would have been 4-1 Stars. Right?

I will say that the Ducks were lucky to come out with 2 points. Based on those FACTS that I just gave you.

gradeAducksfan is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:10 PM
  #46
gradeAducksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I think were on the same page here. I feel like I remember it a lot with Giguere, who had his angles down so precisely that post shots were part of what he calculated as a miss.

Its one of those things where its "Were so unlucky" when its your team hitting the pipe, but when its against you, you realize how it really isnt. Posts are definitely a part of just about every game.
Well if your "unlucky" sometimes you also have to be "lucky" sometimes as well.

gradeAducksfan is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:12 PM
  #47
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Well if your "unlucky" sometimes you also have to be "lucky" sometimes as well.
I meant it as when the Ducks hit the post, we say were just unlucky when we really arent. First post against Jonas, guy had to make a literally perfect shot to beat him. It isnt luck IMO that it didnt go in.

Selanne138 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:16 PM
  #48
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,513
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Yes you are right... But that wasn't the case last game. He didn't cover up the punk and that goal was called back. (LUCK) Hiller also had NO chance on Jagr's shot that hit the post and the crossbar.

That was luck on the Ducks part.

You don't get that kind of luck two games in a row.
And every game is obviously the same as the last one played so obviously we should see the same trends so obviously the puck will get behind Hiller at least four times. Brilliant logic sir.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:18 PM
  #49
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
And every game is obviously the same as the last one played so obviously we should see the same trends so obviously the puck will get behind Hiller at least four times. Brilliant logic sir.
on the other hand DJ! Holy run on sentence batman.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:22 PM
  #50
gradeAducksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
And every game is obviously the same as the last one played so obviously we should see the same trends so obviously the puck will get behind Hiller at least four times. Brilliant logic sir.
"Every game is obviously the same as the last one" What" No it's not. Do you understand the term Logic? hahaha Because after reading your post I question that.

Teams don't get the same bounces everynight so now can every game be the same?

gradeAducksfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.